AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Valkyria Chronicles

Notices

View Poll Results: Valkyria Chronicles - Episode 23 Rating
Perfect 10 6 13.95%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 5 11.63%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 8 18.60%
7 out of 10 : Good 7 16.28%
6 out of 10 : Average 6 13.95%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 4.65%
4 out of 10 : Poor 2 4.65%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 2.33%
1 out of 10 : Painful 6 13.95%
Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2009-09-11, 15:28   Link #121
CheezeRaider
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loke49 View Post
WAHA! I knew that I would get those kind of responses xDD Oh well, you might say that I'm not that experienced in watching anime xD But I don't really see it as a bad thing =P

So, what do you think/feel is better than VC ^^?

[Edit] Oke, I might have Over exagurated when it came to the previus post xD I just thought that I would try to stay positive and not get engulfed by some of the negative comments xD
you know it's not that we want to be so negitive. it's just how the writers have butchered the anime so badly that we just cant help but watch the "Greek Tragedy" in progress.

Honestly, I wouldn't even mind the Fabio as main Char, but the development was very $hity, and I dont buy it. They could have taken so many better avenue if that's what they wanted. but I suppose most watcher dont get out to much, so I suppose ignorance is bliss.

P.S. nobody will ever trust a buddy F*cker. Fabio wouldn't last 3 sec in next firefight. he's go down so fast from (accidental) friendly fire. And all the soldiers would testify as accidental.

btw in Real military Fabio would be in jail for life or executed for his action.
Damn it I better stop... . .. this anime really gets on my nerve....
CheezeRaider is offline  
Old 2009-09-11, 15:58   Link #122
Father Hentai
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Munich, Germany
Quote:
Originally Posted by CheezeRaider View Post
btw in Real military Fabio would be in jail for life or executed for his action.
Damn it I better stop... . .. this anime really gets on my nerve....
He will be passed to the civil court but on military court I would doubt that he will get jailed. His action may have risked one persons life but it saved thousands of casualties on Gallian side.

I am not saying that he gets a medal for his action but neither I would say that he will loose his officers patent or his rank or even get jailed.
__________________
Born the same day as Satoshi Urushihara... Ill fated?
Father Hentai is offline  
Old 2009-09-11, 16:11   Link #123
Arturro
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Cracow
Age: 36
@Loke49

It depends what kind of stories you like. There aren't many realistic anime based on military theme, almost all "military" shows are also mecha shows - so realism doesn't exist

I recommend you:
Jin-Roh (Wolf brigade) - it's about military police, not military per se, and it's based in alternative universe. Also it's a little bit old anime. It has a very interesting and complicated plot, great characters, creators put lots of attention to details. It also has a love story between two young adults, a sad one.
Simoun - based in steampunk universe. Everything VC wanted to be but failed to do . About a group of young girls forced to be soldiers (there is good explanation why those girls are used as "fighter pilots"). Warning: all main characters are girls, animation is not so good (not even close to VC level), episodes 2-4 are boring.
__________________
I am free of all prejudices. I hate everyone equally.

Arturro is offline  
Old 2009-09-11, 16:48   Link #124
Sassarai
Army of One
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arturro View Post
May I use that poster as a base for my avatar?
Go for it.



Quote:
Originally Posted by Loke49 View Post

So, what do you think/feel is better than VC ^^?
Full Metal Panic. Similar yet 100x better.

Last edited by Sassarai; 2009-09-11 at 17:08.
Sassarai is offline  
Old 2009-09-11, 17:24   Link #125
CheezeRaider
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Father Hentai View Post
He will be passed to the civil court but on military court I would doubt that he will get jailed. His action may have risked one persons life but it saved thousands of casualties on Gallian side.

I am not saying that he gets a medal for his action but neither I would say that he will loose his officers patent or his rank or even get jailed.

I disagree about Fabio being passed onto civil court. his action took place while in uniform. and I do believe almost all military had UCMJ of sort in 1900's. and if he had that much faith in his convection of his belief ,he would have taken his evidence and used the chain of command. And give how badly the Gallian forces were getting owned....im sure the command would have asked Alica. they could have conducted in controlled environment with medical personaly standing by etc...

I do understand that it's only Anime, and there are flaws. My true grievance with anime VC is their lack of obvious attempt to connect the dots so the story flow, but I get to many WTH was that momments.

3 more eps to complete the train wreck.

O btw Sassarai that poster was just too funny. LOL
CheezeRaider is offline  
Old 2009-09-11, 17:43   Link #126
Sassarai
Army of One
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by CheezeRaider View Post

I do understand that it's only Anime, and there are flaws. My true grievance with anime VC is their lack of obvious attempt to connect the dots so the story flow, but I get to many WTH was that momments.

3 more eps to complete the train wreck.

O btw Sassarai that poster was just too funny. LOL
Yeah I'm sure that's how most critics feel about this anime.... that and the horrible dialogue!


Welkin(convo with Fabio): THAT'S NOT POINT!

Alicia's SCARY!
People say she's a monster...
Valkyrur...you mean those.....
Is it okay for her to be with us?

Next episode

I wonder has she been eating properly?
She must be fine! She's probably eating well everyday.
Yes that's definitely it!
She hasn't answer our mail.
Maybe she doesn't consider us comrades anymore?
She's busy



Quote:
O btw Sassarai that poster was just too funny. LOL
Ty =). Most of my work are just rushed photoshops of what I think is funny. My humor is kinda whack.
Sassarai is offline  
Old 2009-09-11, 18:18   Link #127
Dextro
He Without a Title
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Lisbon, Portugal
Age: 27
Send a message via Skype™ to Dextro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassarai View Post
ROW ROW FIGHT THE POWA!!!

Spoiler for Fabio fans unite!:
I would buy a PS3 just for that game... FABIO IS NOT SCARY!!! And obviously the last episode will be Fabio telling everyone to stop the war, which everyone promptly does, and then we are shown Fabio, who is now Prince of Gallia after getting married with Princess Cordelia, with Selvaria and Alicia by his feet.

CAPTIAN FABIO, HE'S OUR HERO. GONNA BRING POLUTION DOWN TO ZERO...

PS: I'm gonna get dragged kicking and screaming to the nut-house now...
__________________

Dextro is offline  
Old 2009-09-11, 19:14   Link #128
Father Hentai
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Munich, Germany
Quote:
Originally Posted by CheezeRaider View Post
I disagree about Fabio being passed onto civil court. his action took place while in uniform. and I do believe almost all military had UCMJ of sort in 1900's. and if he had that much faith in his convection of his belief ,he would have taken his evidence and used the chain of command. And give how badly the Gallian forces were getting owned....im sure the command would have asked Alica. they could have conducted in controlled environment with medical personaly standing by etc...

I do understand that it's only Anime, and there are flaws. My true grievance with anime VC is their lack of obvious attempt to connect the dots so the story flow, but I get to many WTH was that momments.

3 more eps to complete the train wreck.

O btw Sassarai that poster was just too funny. LOL
The problem the military court has in this situation is that Faldios action did save the Gallian troops from being wiped out of the landscape. Therefore a minor loss viewed from the complete batttle. One soldier vs. x divisions. I think somebody won't think long on this case.

And what comes in addition. Nobody knew that Alicia is a descendent of the valkyrs. Just keep in mind that when joining the army you do a physical test and at this point they should have figured out that there is something special with Alicia but this point passed.

So you may be right that the incidence may stay within the army but I very doubt that Faldio gets jailed because of a bigger gain through his action. The only thing what he gets at the end is a note in his files and a promotion stop for a period of time.
__________________
Born the same day as Satoshi Urushihara... Ill fated?
Father Hentai is offline  
Old 2009-09-11, 20:00   Link #129
kalbron
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
He may get a medal, but I doubt any military worth its salt would ignore the fact that he shot a subordinate on a suspicion that it may help them.

Otherwise discipline would break down as people take the opportunity to get rid of people they hate because they were simply "testing for Valkyria abilities".

The game treated his actions appropriately in my opinion. Doesn't matter that Alicia was a Valkyria, he shot a fellow soldier. To the cells with him.
kalbron is offline  
Old 2009-09-11, 20:42   Link #130
Naximillion
94 Animes Watched
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Send a message via AIM to Naximillion Send a message via MSN to Naximillion
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalbron View Post
He may get a medal, but I doubt any military worth its salt would ignore the fact that he shot a subordinate on a suspicion that it may help them.

Otherwise discipline would break down as people take the opportunity to get rid of people they hate because they were simply "testing for Valkyria abilities".

The game treated his actions appropriately in my opinion. Doesn't matter that Alicia was a Valkyria, he shot a fellow soldier. To the cells with him.
I agree, I don't like him at all anymore after he went crazy etc and shot Alicia but everyone would have died or they would have lost the battle if he hadn't done it. He doesn't seem to act like the way he acted before so - dont like him anymore
__________________
All Romance.
Naximillion is offline  
Old 2009-09-11, 21:07   Link #131
justinstrife
Queen Sheryl's Protector
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: John Galt Railroad
Age: 34
Send a message via AIM to justinstrife Send a message via Skype™ to justinstrife
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassarai View Post
Go for it.





Full Metal Panic. Similar yet 100x better.
Full Metal Panic blows this one out of the water everyday of the week. It's not even a fair comparison.
__________________
justinstrife is offline  
Old 2009-09-12, 04:04   Link #132
Father Hentai
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Munich, Germany
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalbron View Post
He may get a medal, but I doubt any military worth its salt would ignore the fact that he shot a subordinate on a suspicion that it may help them.

Otherwise discipline would break down as people take the opportunity to get rid of people they hate because they were simply "testing for Valkyria abilities".

The game treated his actions appropriately in my opinion. Doesn't matter that Alicia was a Valkyria, he shot a fellow soldier. To the cells with him.
Well, think about it again. One life vs. a lot of others. When this comes up in court I think the judgement will be "guilty but due to the fact that he saved thousands of life he is spoken free".

As you speak of discipline. If a soldier is threating a missions target with his behavior or dissobeying the sergeants/officers orders then in worst case you are allowed to use force even by weapon. Now I am not saying that this is similiar to the situation with Alicia but the reason for this was another and in the end it prevented a disaster for the Gallian army. And a officer/sergeant in regular knows when to use weapon force (wage of proportinality).

And by the way. In the game he also shot at Alicia. And there is no difference between a shot from far distance with a sniper rifle or with a shot from 10 with a pistol.
__________________
Born the same day as Satoshi Urushihara... Ill fated?
Father Hentai is offline  
Old 2009-09-12, 04:58   Link #133
don_Durandal
Zetsubou gunsou
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Switzerland
Age: 33
Aye, but in the game he was put under arrest; and he didn't even kidnap and point his weapon at the queen.
Of course the game makers didn't suffer from blatant Mary Sue syndrome when it came to Faldio though.

Darn you people. This is the Valkyria Chronicles anime; real life military logic does not apply.
don_Durandal is offline  
Old 2009-09-12, 05:12   Link #134
Loke49
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Woah, your taking this discussion to seriously xDD Relax for a moment!

Now I will make yett another atemt to switch subject!
Well when I said that valkyria was a realistic anime, I must correct my self. I got a bit impulsive. When I said realistic, what I really ment was that, every charecter didn't go around and use their "mind" to change directions of the bullets. They haven't got laser beams (except the valkyr, I know, but wouldn't it be a bit boring if there were no valkyr's?) They don't have mecha wierd stuff ( *COUGH* FULL METAL PANIC)

Every time they have a mission, they complete it withing reasonable measures. When they had to destroy the train/fortress, it wasn't with an Uber beam from a valkyr, it was from bombs planted beneth the train.

Yes I understand that in rather many occasions they overexaggurated. Like in the begginging, 20 town watch soldiers (90%consisting of women and children) held against an army for a veeeeery long time. And when they shoot a shell on the edelwiess and it just bounced of, but that's not completly impossible either! many tanks now days are built to do JUST THAT.

But I have to agree with the storyline.. It was REALLY good the first few episodes (despite the overpowerness the 20 "soldiers" had) but then they started to mess everything up ^^. But you know, I don't really care.. I just sit and enjoy the ride =)!

P.S full metal panic is a very good anime/manga, but it has stopped airing if I'm not wrong..
Loke49 is offline  
Old 2009-09-12, 05:18   Link #135
Father Hentai
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Munich, Germany
Quote:
Originally Posted by don_Durandal View Post
Aye, but in the game he was put under arrest; and he didn't even kidnap and point his weapon at the queen.
Of course the game makers didn't suffer from blatant Mary Sue syndrome when it came to Faldio though.
To be fair on this point. He was in game and in the anime under arrest. The only difference is the brick cell here maybe. The issue with cordelia as hostage again a point where you are right because Faldio is devoted to his country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by don_Durandal View Post
Darn you people. This is the Valkyria Chronicles anime; real life military logic does not apply.
But there are no better examples for comparisons.
__________________
Born the same day as Satoshi Urushihara... Ill fated?
Father Hentai is offline  
Old 2009-09-12, 08:10   Link #136
kalbron
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Father Hentai View Post
Well, think about it again. One life vs. a lot of others. When this comes up in court I think the judgement will be "guilty but due to the fact that he saved thousands of life he is spoken free".
To be frank, any military/nation which came up with such half-assed justice deserves to be crushed in a war. Of course, it'd probably happen the way that you said, but that only means that there is no such thing as justice in that nation, and there is no proper disciplinary action.

Any army which endorsed such actions should prepare for mass fragging of its hated officers Vietnam style. If it's okay to shoot a subordinate, it's okay to toss a grenade into the bed roll of an officer.
kalbron is offline  
Old 2009-09-12, 08:14   Link #137
BetoJR
D-d-don't look!!!
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Fortaleza-CE, Brazil
Age: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by Father Hentai View Post
To be fair on this point. He was in game and in the anime under arrest. The only difference is the brick cell here maybe. The issue with cordelia as hostage again a point where you are right because Faldio is devoted to his country.
I cannot believe you are actually defending him. "Devoted to his country"? "One life vs. many"? C'mon, the guy shot Alicia based on a SUSPICION!!! What if he was wrong?!?!?
Sure, it worked out well in the end, but... I really do not think he should be given a free pass at life because of this. What he did was still very, very wrong... and, at least in my country, he wouldn't be acquitted on a military or civil trial. He would still rot away in jail for it.
__________________
It's always a great time to immerse yourself in Deculture love!
All hail the Empress!!!

BetoJR is online now  
Old 2009-09-12, 08:31   Link #138
justinstrife
Queen Sheryl's Protector
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: John Galt Railroad
Age: 34
Send a message via AIM to justinstrife Send a message via Skype™ to justinstrife
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loke49 View Post
Woah, your taking this discussion to seriously xDD Relax for a moment!

Now I will make yett another atemt to switch subject!
Well when I said that valkyria was a realistic anime, I must correct my self. I got a bit impulsive. When I said realistic, what I really ment was that, every charecter didn't go around and use their "mind" to change directions of the bullets. They haven't got laser beams (except the valkyr, I know, but wouldn't it be a bit boring if there were no valkyr's?) They don't have mecha wierd stuff ( *COUGH* FULL METAL PANIC)

Every time they have a mission, they complete it withing reasonable measures. When they had to destroy the train/fortress, it wasn't with an Uber beam from a valkyr, it was from bombs planted beneth the train.

Yes I understand that in rather many occasions they overexaggurated. Like in the begginging, 20 town watch soldiers (90%consisting of women and children) held against an army for a veeeeery long time. And when they shoot a shell on the edelwiess and it just bounced of, but that's not completly impossible either! many tanks now days are built to do JUST THAT.

But I have to agree with the storyline.. It was REALLY good the first few episodes (despite the overpowerness the 20 "soldiers" had) but then they started to mess everything up ^^. But you know, I don't really care.. I just sit and enjoy the ride =)!

P.S full metal panic is a very good anime/manga, but it has stopped airing if I'm not wrong..
There's 3 seasons of FMP, and a LOT more novel material that hopefully someday will be animated.

If you're claiming this anime is realistic in anyway, and is really all that great... You still have much to experience in the world of anime. I've been watching anime for around 24ish years and this is going down as one of the worst I've subjected myself to.

Fabio lost his mind, and shot a fellow soldier in the back. THEN, he kidnapped the queen. Real life would not be so kind to him, regardless of what the side-effects were. He would be begging for a dishonorable discharge if he did that in the U.S. Military...
__________________
justinstrife is offline  
Old 2009-09-12, 09:17   Link #139
Loke49
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinstrife View Post
Fabio lost his mind, and shot a fellow soldier in the back. THEN, he kidnapped the queen. Real life would not be so kind to him, regardless of what the side-effects were. He would be begging for a dishonorable discharge if he did that in the U.S. Military...
Haha, it's true, you probebly have alot.. ALOT more experience in anime watching than me xD (I don't see it as a sport =P) I watch it becouse I enyoj it. anyways.

Regarding what you said about Fabio,Yeah, he shot a fellow soldier, yeah he kidnapped the queen, so what?

Oke, now follow with me and if I'm wrong, please correct me!
Lets say that I went and joined the army. After a couple of months I find myself rescuing the president of U.S (Let's call him X) who has lost all hope and doesn't seem to care about his life anymore. I re encourige him and save his life. He feels that he is now in my debt (this is all VC but in a human world insted).

Now it has been 2 month and we have in some way become rather close, furthermore he became best friends with my "girl" friend (we can call her Y). Now I shot my close girl friend (Y) for some stupid reason, and "kidnap" the president(X) so that I can get out of there and give a perpose to why I shoot my friend (Y). After I get out, I let him go(X). Now, in terms of law, what I did was unforgiveble, and I would shurly get the chair for it.

BUT, what does the president do(X)? He is a close friend to me even though I kidnapped him AND he is best friends with my "girl" friend (Y). The president says, "Forget everything, you're free to go" becouse the president knew it wasn't really a kidnapping. And the girl friend(Y) also requested that the president would protect ME. If I'm not wrong, he has the right to do these kind of stuff?

P.S I'm not protecting Fabio, I don't really like him anymore..
Loke49 is offline  
Old 2009-09-12, 09:27   Link #140
BetoJR
D-d-don't look!!!
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Fortaleza-CE, Brazil
Age: 37
Your reasoning does not excuse the person who committed such acts from his/her/its responsibilities, dude. Like you said, yourself, they are unforgivable - no matter the outcome.
__________________
It's always a great time to immerse yourself in Deculture love!
All hail the Empress!!!

BetoJR is online now  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:59.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.