AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > AnimeSuki & Technology > Download Help

Notices

Old 2004-07-18, 23:06   Link #1
2obsessed-with-HIEI

Send a message via AIM to 2obsessed-with-HIEI Send a message via Yahoo to 2obsessed-with-HIEI
is this normal?

hi, im new, and i was wondering if it's normal for a download to say more than 20 -30 hours to download? because i cant find if it's normal of not anywhere on this sight.
2obsessed-with-HIEI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-19, 00:07   Link #2
soraryu

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2obsessed-with-HIEI
hi, im new, and i was wondering if it's normal for a download to say more than 20 -30 hours to download? because i cant find if it's normal of not anywhere on this sight.
This is usually the case when the BT client has just started the download (initially, there will be very few peers/seeds - and so your download will be slow). Check it again after a few minutes. If you're still at very slow speeds, then you might have other problem areas.

However, the above paragraph is not true if you have slow connection speeds or the torrent files that you are downloading is very large (e.g: 20/30 GB or bigger torrent files). Please provide more information on your internet connection speeds, torrent file (that you're downloading) etc... ,in order for someone to help with your queries.
soraryu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-19, 00:54   Link #3
Dark

usually if the torrent is more then a couple days old it can take forever to download... but if you know how to use mirc and connect to the group's channel. You have a good chance to find some of their earlier episodes on one of their channel bots.