AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2009-09-19, 18:30   Link #1101
Triple_R
Center Attraction
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Newfoundland, Canada
Age: 33
Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
Most of the material in Sigh(s) is never elaborated up on again. I honestly think Tanigawa wanted to divorce the book.
That's poor writing then, frankly. Novel 2 clearly sets up Itsuki, Mikuru, and Yuki as being somewhat adversarial with one another. If that's never explored again, it's a nasty hanging plot thread.


Quote:

Itsuki isn't getting more "screen" time because a) No one in Japan who buys these books wants to read about a guy,
... The main character and narrator is a guy, Kaisos. So obviously, people in Japan who reads these books are quite open to reading about a guy.


Quote:
b) He's the Mysterious Transfer Student, emphasis on "Mysterious",
There comes a point when that gets old and you should develop him as a character... unless you have a twist planned for him, of course.


Quote:
and c) Read Vols. 7-9, there are actual antagonists introduced.
I'm aware of that. This doesn't make a heel turn impossible.


Quote:
Koizumi won't be betraying anyone anytime soon.
We'll see.


Quote:
No. It really isn't.
You're wrong. TTGL is very upbeat. The main characters of this anime are all incredibly upbeat characters. They consistently overcome astoundingly difficult odds in battle, which reflects the upbeat nature of this anime.

This is more than idealistic - this is downright upbeat.


Quote:
It's idealistic, but not upbeat. That's a very different thing.

Even from the beginning, it was not upbeat. It pretended to be, but it really wasn't.
That's just your take, Kaisos. Nothing more. A lot of very knowledgeable diehard TTGL fans completely disagree with it.


Quote:

And if you're saying Simon should have
Spoiler for bleh:
then you're missing the point of what a lot of the final conflict was about.
No, I'm not. I just don't see it the way that you do.
__________________

Last edited by Triple_R; 2009-09-20 at 12:44.
Triple_R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-19, 18:45   Link #1102
CrowKenobi
Moderator
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: there... just there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
... Then why is Koizumi (based on what I've heard of here on Anime Suki) given so little focus and screen time compared to the rest of the SOS Brigade? That's mighty suspicious to me...
Because the author got enamored of a certain humanoid interface which limited his writing for everyone else?

Also, wasn't Koizumi a replacement for Kyon? I'm sure that has also not helped in the Koizumi character development department...
__________________



CrowKenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-19, 18:48   Link #1103
Triple_R
Center Attraction
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Newfoundland, Canada
Age: 33
Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrowKenobi View Post
Because the author got enamored of a certain humanoid interface which limited his writing for everyone else?

Also, wasn't Koizumi a replacement for Kyon? I'm sure that has also not helped in the Koizumi character development department...
Ok... I see your points there.

I guess that I'm just disappointed that some of the intriguing developments of Novel 2 are just chucked completely aside.

Perhaps there will be no heel turn. I wouldn't be shocked to see the hanging plot threads picked up again, but if they're not, well...
__________________
Triple_R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-19, 18:52   Link #1104
Kaisos Erranon
Homo Ludens
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Canada
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
I'm aware of that. This doesn't make a heel turn impossible.
ITS A DEVILS PROOF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
No, I'm not. I just don't see it the way that you do.
And that's why I think we should stop talking about this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
Ok... I see your points there.

I guess that I'm just disappointed that some of the intriguing developments of Novel 2 are just chucked completely aside.

Perhaps there will be no heel turn. I wouldn't be shocked to see the hanging plot threads picked up again, but if they're not, well...
I've been wondering... why do you think that, if Vol. 2's plot threads are picked up, that Koizumi will betray everyone? Isn't more it likely it'd be (Big) Mikuru? (At least that has setup...)

And no author has an obligation to pick up unresolved plot threads... JK Rowling tried, bless her, but even she couldn't completely resolve all the stuff she came up with over six large books.
__________________
Kaisos Erranon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-19, 18:53   Link #1105
Ithekro
Warning
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Republic of California
Age: 36
Or maybe the heel turn and setup was to point out how the characters were before the events of Sigh, and that was a turning point of sorts. With other later events it would seem that the SOS-dan is becoming more a group for themselves rather than agents in it for the three orginizations around Haruhi.
__________________
Dessler Soto, Banzai! Signature by ganbaru
Rena's Saimoe Take Home List 2014: Dairenji Suzuka.Misawa Maho.
Ithekro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-19, 18:55   Link #1106
Triple_R
Center Attraction
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Newfoundland, Canada
Age: 33
Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Or maybe the heel turn and setup was to point out how the characters were before the events of Sigh, and that was a turning point of sorts. With other later events it would seem that the SOS-dan is becoming more a group for themselves rather than agents in it for the three orginizations around Haruhi.
... Ah, I see what you're saying. Novel 2 shows the internal divisions of the SOS Brigade, and the later novels show them moving away from it, smoothing them over as it were. This would be consistent with the general feel and theme of Novel 4, imo.

Interesting point, Ithekro.
__________________
Triple_R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-19, 18:57   Link #1107
Kaisos Erranon
Homo Ludens
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Canada
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
... Ah, I see what you're saying. Novel 2 shows the internal divisions of the SOS Brigade, and the later novels show them moving away from it, smoothing them over as it were. This would be consistent with the general feel and theme of Novel 4, imo.
This is what I was trying to say about nakama earlier, man.

I really do suggest you read the rest of the books...
__________________
Kaisos Erranon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-19, 19:10   Link #1108
Triple_R
Center Attraction
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Newfoundland, Canada
Age: 33
Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
I've been wondering... why do you think that, if Vol. 2's plot threads are picked up, that Koizumi will betray everyone? Isn't more it likely it'd be (Big) Mikuru? (At least that has setup...)
Koizumi just struck me as very shadey in the last Sighs episode. Maybe that's more an anime thing than a novel one, in fairness...


Quote:

And no author has an obligation to pick up unresolved plot threads... JK Rowling tried, bless her, but even she couldn't completely resolve all the stuff she came up with over six large books.
Well... I probably overstated the criticism. I just liked the feel of intriguing internal divisions that Sighs gave me. Still, an upbeat united SOS Brigade can be fun as well.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
This is what I was trying to say about nakama earlier, man.

I really do suggest you read the rest of the books...
Yes, I think I will.
__________________
Triple_R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-19, 23:47   Link #1109
Heatth
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Brasil
Age: 23
Send a message via MSN to Heatth
Hmmm, while I fon't think it need to have a betrayal, I don't think it is impossible.

Lets analize the three factions:

IDE:
Their main goal is observe Haruhi. That, by itself mean they are pretty much neutral. However, I believe they would chooise to intervene if a possibility of Haru Power vanish happen. No antagonism with the Organization or the Time-Travels for now.

The Organization:
Want to keep Haruhi happy to avoid world destruction. If there was a possibity of their 'god'(not even then believe hse is a god, btw) lose her power, they would probably go for it. It is not like they like doing what they do. A good setup for a betrayal. Tat makes then antagonize the IDE (who wants the power to continue to exist), but not necessarially the Time-Travels.

Time Travelers:
They are trying to fix the timequake and that is it. From the three factions, they are the ones who give less credits to Hauhi's powers. They seem to not like the Organization because their believess contradict everything they know about the 'time'. They are like scientist and the Organization being a religious group. If there is a possibility of rid-off the godlike powers, it is hard to know what they are going to do. They would try if they believe its helps then to back more the 3/4 year ago.

Now, about the three main characters.

Yuki:
Seens to be loyal to Kyon.
Spoiler for vol.4:


Itsuki:
Hard to tell what he want. Everything we knows about the Otganization was told by him, so and it seens he likes that view.
Spoiler for Vol.5:
Also, he is the one whose personality more fit to a traitor.This helps to me think he is not going to be one.

Mikuru:
She seens to belives in the Time-Travelers main goals and that is it. If they order she to betrayal Kyon she will probably do so. She will probably don't like it. However, she don't even believe anything can be done if the future say something must be done. The novels never gave us a reason to believe she would side Kyon, it is kinda againd her personality, tough.

That is it. I don't really believe in any of the main factions. They all seens to be kinda evil (not really evil, but unfriendly. Of the main characters, if is going to be a traitor, I would bet in Mikuru.
Heatth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-20, 02:03   Link #1110
quigonkenny
WRYYYYY!!
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Elkia
Age: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heatth View Post
IDE:
Their main goal is observe Haruhi. That, by itself mean they are pretty much neutral. However, I believe they would chooise to intervene if a possibility of Haru Power vanish happen. No antagonism with the Organization or the Time-Travels for now.
You know, this is one of the more uncommon abbreviations of Yuki's group that I've seen (IDSE—Information Sentient Data Entity—is probably the most common thanks to B-T), but I'd have no problem adopting it officially if we could figure out a way to translate that other organization so that the abbreviation spells SATA... ^_^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heatth View Post
Itsuki:
Hard to tell what he want. Everything we knows about the Otganization was told by him, so and it seens he likes that view.
Spoiler for Vol.5:
Also, he is the one whose personality more fit to a traitor.This helps to me think he is not going to be one.
I see what you did there, spoilering the thing that makes it seem more obvious that Itsuki will eventually betray Kyon, then suggesting he won't based on a lesser argument... Shame on you... ^_^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heatth View Post
Mikuru:
She seens to belives in the Time-Travelers main goals and that is it. If they order she to betrayal Kyon she will probably do so. She will probably don't like it. However, she don't even believe anything can be done if the future say something must be done. The novels never gave us a reason to believe she would side Kyon, it is kinda againd her personality, tough.

That is it. I don't really believe in any of the main factions. They all seens to be kinda evil (not really evil, but unfriendly. Of the main characters, if is going to be a traitor, I would bet in Mikuru.
I think you misunderstand the whole point of why Mikuru was picked for her position. Yes, she's a blatant moeblob, and that serves her well to diffuse any antagonism (Haruhi) or suspicion (Kyon) she would otherwise receive (another reason Yuki terrifies her, because she more than anyone is absolutely immune to her charms), but she's also compulsively submissive to more forceful personalities (ie: pretty much anyone other than Kunikida or Taniguchi), to better serve her position as Haruhi's play toy. Short of it being via some time-spanning remote control, I don't think she could betray Kyon or Haruhi even if she wanted to (which she obviously wouldn't, as you note). Mikuru(big)? May be a different story.
__________________
quigonkenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-20, 02:36   Link #1111
Kogetsu Shirogane
Giant Doughnuts for All!
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Otonokizaka
Age: 29
Send a message via AIM to Kogetsu Shirogane
I'll give you Kunikida, but... Taniguchi doesn't have a forceful personality?
__________________
Ryuko Matoi, Kill la Kill
WARNING: Kogetsu Shirogane cannot be held accountable for any actions taken by someone else. Potential side effects of communicating with this user include headaches, mild confusion, insanity, delirium, and jumping into fires. Do not expose this user to sunlight or water or feed this user after midnight.
... that's... not a doughnut...
Kogetsu Shirogane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-20, 03:24   Link #1112
Kaisos Erranon
Homo Ludens
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Canada
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kogetsu Shirogane View Post
I'll give you Kunikida, but... Taniguchi doesn't have a forceful personality?
He has no charisma whatsoever. He has a forceful personality but no force of personality, in other words.

No one is going to listen to Taniguchi or take him seriously.
__________________
Kaisos Erranon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-20, 06:44   Link #1113
worldruined
power tends to corrupt
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Send a message via AIM to worldruined
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heatth View Post
Itsuki:
Hard to tell what he want. Everything we knows about the Otganization was told by him, so and it seens he likes that view.
Spoiler for Vol.5:
Also, he is the one whose personality more fit to a traitor.This helps to me think he is not going to be one.
If it helps any, both Kyon and Nagato believe that should anything happen, Koizumi will help them. Unreliable narrator though he tends to be when it comes to Haruhi, Kyon seems to have pretty good intuition when it comes to others' motives. Volume five onward, Kyon openly and repeatedly mentions that he relies on Koizumi, and that it relieves him to know that there's someone he can trust other than Nagato.

I also agree that because a lot of people seem to suspect him, he's the least likely to betray Kyon in the end. It's a little too easily guessed that the supposedly shady character actually does, in fact, turn out to be shady; there's no suspense and no mystery that way. I mean, yeah, it took a lot longer for Kyon to come around to admitting that he trusts Koizumi, so there would probably be a greater emotional blow if it was him that turned against the SOS Brigade, but it also seems really obvious a move. If a betrayal comes from any of the three factions, it should be from one the reader is not likely to suspect.


Quote:
Originally Posted by quigonkenny View Post
I think you misunderstand the whole point of why Mikuru was picked for her position. Yes, she's a blatant moeblob, and that serves her well to diffuse any antagonism (Haruhi) or suspicion (Kyon) she would otherwise receive (another reason Yuki terrifies her, because she more than anyone is absolutely immune to her charms), but she's also compulsively submissive to more forceful personalities (ie: pretty much anyone other than Kunikida or Taniguchi), to better serve her position as Haruhi's play toy. Short of it being via some time-spanning remote control, I don't think she could betray Kyon or Haruhi even if she wanted to (which she obviously wouldn't, as you note). Mikuru(big)? May be a different story.
But if betraying Kyon or Haruhi is necessary to preserve the future she's from, then wouldn't her "big" version's existence indicate that not only will she, but she already has? She'd quibble up at them with big watery eyes and stutter out an apology, but she'd still do it if her future has dictated that it happened.
worldruined is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-20, 07:16   Link #1114
Tornadium
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post


I, personally, could live with any of the characters not named 'Kyon' or 'Haruhi' dieing in the end. Actually, I'd find it pretty neat if one of three organization representatives in the SOS Brigade was to go villain at the last moment; it could make for a neat twist.
I could live with it i guess too.

I'm sort of expecting somthing like that happening at the last second. Really as long as Haruhi or Kyon don't die in the end (Hell that is what the entire series is about) i suppose any ending would be good/tolerable.

Several character groups won't like it much though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
That's poor writing then, frankly. Novel 2 clearly sets up Itsuki, Mikuru, and Yuki as being somewhat adversarial with one another. If that's never explored again, it's a nasty hanging plot thread.
There are a lot of hanging plot threads like this. The conflict is just started in this novel (openly at least) and it is NEVER hinted upon or revisited again. I guess he is saving it for the end or somthing.

Quote:
... The main character and narrator is a guy, Kaisos. So obviously, people in Japan who reads these books are quite open to reading about a guy.
Well to be fair Kyon isn't your usual "Mysterious Guy who kills everyone" archtype. There arn't all that many Apathetic, sarcastic and lazy Male main characters.

Quote:
There comes a point when that gets old and you should develop him as a character... unless you have a twist planned for him, of course.
I always got the feeling that Koizumi would try to eventually kill Kyon or somthing.


Quote:
I'm aware of that. This doesn't make a heel turn impossible.
I actually think this makes him turning even more likely. After the damage done by the ASOS Brigade (If they survive it) he would be in a perfect position to turn against Kyon.


Quote:
We'll see.
Let's face it, It's going to happen.


Quote:
Originally Posted by CrowKenobi View Post
Because the author got enamored of a certain humanoid interface which limited his writing for everyone else?

Also, wasn't Koizumi a replacement for Kyon? I'm sure that has also not helped in the Koizumi character development department...
The character development is sort of starting to balance out by Book 9 i think at least. It's still focused on Haruhi and Kyon though, Mikuru and Koizumi get Nill as usual.

Also on the last point, Koizumi = Replacement for Kyon (Esper) also replacement as Haruhi's Companion? Or at least a hint at an attempt being made by Koizumi, I really can't see Koizumi passing up the chance to get rid of Kyon if it presents itself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Or maybe the heel turn and setup was to point out how the characters were before the events of Sigh, and that was a turning point of sorts. With other later events it would seem that the SOS-dan is becoming more a group for themselves rather than agents in it for the three orginizations around Haruhi.
Well yea,

By Disappearance they are all practically united with the SOS Brigade and i think all but Mikuru said they would stand by the SOS Brigade and not their factions. That is openly though, Internally...Hell anything could happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heatth View Post
Hmmm, while I fon't think it need to have a betrayal, I don't think it is impossible.

Lets analize the three factions:

IDE:
Their main goal is observe Haruhi. That, by itself mean they are pretty much neutral. However, I believe they would chooise to intervene if a possibility of Haru Power vanish happen. No antagonism with the Organization or the Time-Travels for now.
This also means their chance for Developing AutoEvolution is also gone, They are to observe but they won't let their test subject go without a fight either.

Quote:
The Organization:
Want to keep Haruhi happy to avoid world destruction. If there was a possibity of their 'god'(not even then believe hse is a god, btw) lose her power, they would probably go for it. It is not like they like doing what they do. A good setup for a betrayal. Tat makes then antagonize the IDE (who wants the power to continue to exist), but not necessarially the Time-Travels.
The Organization is probably the most likely faction to betray Haruhi and Kyon at this rate.

Spoiler:



Quote:
Yuki:
Seens to be loyal to Kyon.
Spoiler for vol.4:
Well after Disapperance you can bank on them attempting to Regain total control over Yuki. Whoever is "pulling her strings" will undoubtedly want that control over her back. The possibility of Betrayal is still there i think.

Quote:
Itsuki:
Hard to tell what he want. Everything we knows about the Otganization was told by him, so and it seens he likes that view.
Spoiler for Vol.5:
Also, he is the one whose personality more fit to a traitor.This helps to me think he is not going to be one.
I think Itsuki is the most likely traitor out of the three, Mainly because he is after all the only one with a personal interest in Haruhi (Other than Kyon). He is openly resentful of Kyon's relationship with Haruhi and you can bet on him attempting to get rid of Kyon if the chance ever presents itself.

Quote:
That is it. I don't really believe in any of the main factions. They all seens to be kinda evil (not really evil, but unfriendly. Of the main characters, if is going to be a traitor, I would bet in Mikuru.
I would have to rate it as

1.Koizumi
2.Mikuru
3.Yuki

Quote:
I see what you did there, spoilering the thing that makes it seem more obvious that Itsuki will eventually betray Kyon, then suggesting he won't based on a lesser argument... Shame on you... ^_^
I think that may be intended. The guy you think is the likely traitor subconsciously makes you believe he won't be. So it's much more of a suprise when he does.

Quote:

I also agree that because a lot of people seem to suspect him, he's the least likely to betray Kyon in the end. It's a little too easily guessed that the supposedly shady character actually does, in fact, turn out to be shady; there's no suspense and no mystery that way. I mean, yeah, it took a lot longer for Kyon to come around to admitting that he trusts Koizumi, so there would probably be a greater emotional blow if it was him that turned against the SOS Brigade, but it also seems really obvious a move. If a betrayal comes from any of the three factions, it should be from one the reader is not likely to suspect.
Again, Koizumi is (I think) by far the most likely person to betray Kyon because he has a human motive (Hell he stalked Haruhi for 3 years if he doesn't have some kind of feelings for her he isn't human).

Last edited by Tornadium; 2009-09-20 at 07:36.
Tornadium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-20, 07:33   Link #1115
Heatth
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Brasil
Age: 23
Send a message via MSN to Heatth
Quote:
Originally Posted by quigonkenny View Post
You know, this is one of the more uncommon abbreviations of Yuki's group that I've seen (IDSE—Information Sentient Data Entity—is probably the most common thanks to B-T), but I'd have no problem adopting it officially if we could figure out a way to translate that other organization so that the abbreviation spells SATA... ^_^
Well, I just don't like the official english version from the novel. I would say to use the official english version from the anime, but I don't know what is it. Actually, I preffer IDSE, but I forgot that S.


Quote:
Originally Posted by quigonkenny View Post
I think you misunderstand the whole point of why Mikuru was picked for her position. Yes, she's a blatant moeblob, and that serves her well to diffuse any antagonism (Haruhi) or suspicion (Kyon) she would otherwise receive (another reason Yuki terrifies her, because she more than anyone is absolutely immune to her charms), but she's also compulsively submissive to more forceful personalities (ie: pretty much anyone other than Kunikida or Taniguchi), to better serve her position as Haruhi's play toy. Short of it being via some time-spanning remote control, I don't think she could betray Kyon or Haruhi even if she wanted to (which she obviously wouldn't, as you note). Mikuru(big)? May be a different story.
I believe her priority, at last for now, is her job, not her friends. Actually, given how she believe the future work, she don't even believe she has a choice. I really think that, if the future order her, she will betrayeal then, iven if she don't want to. Proably would be no good trying to do a job that requirsconcentration and/or/ cold blood, but is easy if it is a minnor thing (and I am not sure how this 'betrayal' would work).

Quote:
Originally Posted by worldruined View Post
If it helps any, both Kyon and Nagato believe that should anything happen, Koizumi will help them. Unreliable narrator though he tends to be when it comes to Haruhi, Kyon seems to have pretty good intuition when it comes to others' motives. Volume five onward, Kyon openly and repeatedly mentions that he relies on Koizumi, and that it relieves him to know that there's someone he can trust other than Nagato.
Sorry, I don't remember that. Where they said it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornadium View Post
This also means their chance for Developing AutoEvolution is also gone, They are to observe but they won't let their test subject go without a fight either.
It was what I mean. Sorry if I wasn't clear, I meant they would intervene if someone tryed to make the power to vanish. They wouldn't bother if they power was just transfered, tough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornadium View Post
The Organization is probably the most likely faction to betray Haruhi and Kyon at this rate.
Spoiler for Vol.9:
I agree with you... But this is not the Spoiler Tread. Edit your post, please.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornadium View Post
I think Itsuki is the most likely traitor out of the three, Mainly because he is after all the only one with a personal interest in Haruhi (Other than Kyon). He is openly resentful of Kyon's relationship with Haruhi and you can bet on him attempting to get rid of Kyon if the chance ever presents itself.
But he also seen to truly respect Kyon. Is kinda hard to say.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornadium View Post
Again, Koizumi is (I think) by far the most likely person to betray Kyon because he has a human motive (Hell he stalked Haruhi for 3 years if he doesn't have some kind of feelings for her he isn't human).
Every one in the Organization stalked Haruhi for 3 years. I think you are over reacting the possible crush he has on Haruhi. To me, he seens to like Kyon more then he likes Haruhi.
Heatth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-20, 07:40   Link #1116
Tornadium
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heatth View Post
It was what I mean. Sorry if I wasn't clear, I meant they would intervene if someone tryed to make the power to vanish. They wouldn't bother if they power was just transfered, tough.
If anything i think they would be happy with a transfer. Just not an entire loss of power.

Spoiler:

Quote:
I agree with you... But this is not the Spoiler Tread. Edit your post, please.
Done my bad.

Quote:
But he also seen to truly respect Kyon. Is kinda hard to say.
I think he feels a personal rivalry with Kyon more than anything. He probably respects him because he is the only person God cares about.

Quote:
Every one in the Organization stalked Haruhi for 3 years. I think you are over reacting the possible crush he has on Haruhi. To me, he seens to like Kyon more then he likes Haruhi.
Actually Haruhi was assigned specific agents. Koizumi was one of about 8-10 who followed Haruhi for those three years. I don't really think it's an overreaction when he comments on their relationship nearly every novel. I think he is trying to get close to Kyon (friendship wise) so he can betray him when the chance arrises.
Tornadium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-20, 07:50   Link #1117
Heatth
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Brasil
Age: 23
Send a message via MSN to Heatth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornadium View Post
Actually Haruhi was assigned specific agents. Koizumi was one of about 8-10 who followed Haruhi for those three years. I don't really think it's an overreaction when he comments on their relationship nearly every novel. I think he is trying to get close to Kyon (friendship wise) so he can betray him when the chance arrises.
Hmmm, where this was said? Really, I don't remember aanything similar. If it was the case, why he wasn't in the school from the begining? Why transfer latter? He is also one of the weaker ESPers, you woul thing the main agent would be a more powerfull one. I believe there is another agent in the school way before Itsuki transfer, maybe in the calss 1-5 (fuel for another thread). Itsuki was send there as support, but end up Haruhi choosed him.

And, frankly, I don't see nothing in Itsuki conversation with Kyon that indicate he want to betrayal him. He might be just acting, but it is a baseless speculation.
Heatth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-20, 07:53   Link #1118
worldruined
power tends to corrupt
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Send a message via AIM to worldruined
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornadium View Post
Again, Koizumi is (I think) by far the most likely person to betray Kyon because he has a human motive (Hell he stalked Haruhi for 3 years if he doesn't have some kind of feelings for her he isn't human).
It just strikes me as way, way too obvious. Will the Organization betray Kyon? Possibly. Will Koizumi, himself, do it? I'm not convinced of that.

Koizumi's also studied Kyon's entire life story and is clearly pretty fond of him (whether you take that to be on a "friendship" level or a "romantic" one is up to you). Why would he necessarily betray one for the other? (Further, if it weren't for one line in an alternate universe in volume four, would people have been as likely to jump on the "Koizumi loves Haruhi" bandwagon?)


Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornadium View Post
Actually Haruhi was assigned specific agents. Koizumi was one of about 8-10 who followed Haruhi for those three years. I don't really think it's an overreaction when he comments on their relationship nearly every novel. I think he is trying to get close to Kyon (friendship wise) so he can betray him when the chance arrises.
Source on the "specific agents" thing?

Koizumi comments on their relationship because one of his motives -- or the Organization's, whichever -- seems to be to play matchmaker get Haruhi and Kyon together. Kyon keeps denying it and Koizumi keeps pushing; if Koizumi wanted a better chance for himself, he probably wouldn't be acting the way he does.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Heatth View Post
Sorry, I don't remember that. Where they said it?
Spoiler for Volume 5, Snow Mountain Syndrome:


Spoiler for Volume 7, Chapter 5:


Spoiler for Volume 7, Chapter 6:


Spoiler for Volume 9, β-2:


Simply put, Kyon trusts Koizumi.
worldruined is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-20, 08:06   Link #1119
Heatth
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Brasil
Age: 23
Send a message via MSN to Heatth
Quote:
Originally Posted by worldruined View Post
Spoiler for Volume 5, Snow Mountain Syndrome:


Spoiler for Volume 7, Chapter 5:


Spoiler for Volume 7, Chapter 6:


Spoiler for Volume 9, β-2:


Simply put, Kyon trusts Koizumi.
I guess you are right.

So, yeah, I don't believe either Itsuki is going to betrayal Kyon.
Heatth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-20, 08:37   Link #1120
worldruined
power tends to corrupt
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Send a message via AIM to worldruined
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heatth View Post
I guess you are right.

So, yeah, I don't believe either Itsuki is going to betrayal Kyon.
Or at least, he won't consciously do it.

Spoiler for :
worldruined is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:53.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.