AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2009-09-20, 07:08   Link #41
Heatth
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Brasil
Age: 24
Send a message via MSN to Heatth
Quote:
Originally Posted by freakonboard View Post
Sorry, I forgot to check.
At very least it's bigger.
True, you image is easir to 'read'(but there is someone here reading? ).

Quote:
Originally Posted by freakonboard View Post
Actually, when anime was first broadcasted, Volume 7 of the novels already published for about a year.
You see, Sakanaka only show up in Volume 8 (her, not her name). What coincidence huh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by freakonboard View Post
But I think the character designs were done by KyoAni staff.
The source of this pic is Suzumiya Haruhi Official Fanbook ~ Suzumiya Haruhi no Koushiki, the translated version was done by Chux
Here's the raw page and alternate fan-made version.

Spoiler for size:
Spoiler for size:
That alternate version is interesting. They all have appeared at last once in the old episodes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kogetsu Shirogane View Post
I'm just stating that the names, including Sakanaka's, were already present within the series. As Tanigawa doesn't seem to like randomly throwing out names, it's entirely possible he had intended on using at least one of the students mentioned, and might have already worked out a basic personality for each of them.
You know, I can remember only two characters that were hinted to existe before their first apparition. But both didn't have their name given until we see then.

I undeerstand what you say, and givem how Kyoani have worked with Tanigawa (asking him for the script of any anime-only scene), I believe he was the on who did it. Even then, I think it is probable he only did it for the anime (cause they need concistent background characters) and decided to use it in the novels.

Quote:
Originally Posted by freakonboard View Post
Kinda related to this thread...
Spoiler for female students in class 1-5:
Source: Comp H's Vol.2
Nice post! There is any translation?

Btw, never had noticied Sakanaka was looking worried to Haruhi in the first episode.Kinda fiting with the 'wants to be friend with Haruhi'.

However, there is a small inconcistence there too. The other class rep (along with Ryouko) is said to be Goto. However, in a screenshot on that last image, the one standing at Ryouko side, when it seen she is talking to the class, is Sakaki.
Heatth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-20, 07:21   Link #42
Tornadium
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by freakonboard View Post
This is actually old, but oh well.

Spoiler for the relationship chart of student in class 1-5:
Where did this come from?

I must have missed it.
Tornadium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-20, 09:03   Link #43
Heatth
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Brasil
Age: 24
Send a message via MSN to Heatth
So, I just noticied there is a guy called Arakawa in the class. He is in the left-botton corner and his family runs a Dojo.

His name is not writen in the same way as Arakawa-san. But is a funny coincidence(?).
Heatth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-20, 09:07   Link #44
Tornadium
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heatth View Post
So, I just noticied there is a guy called Arakawa in the class. He is in the left-botton corner and his family runs a Dojo.

His name is not writen in the same way as Arakawa-san. But is a funny coincidence(?).
Oh wow i never noticed that.

Heh, Maybe it's ment to be a reference?
Tornadium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-20, 09:09   Link #45
freakonboard
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heatth View Post
You see, Sakanaka only show up in Volume 8 (her, not her name). What coincidence huh?
Just to add, Wandering Shadow was first published in The Sneaker April 2006 Issue. (the same month that the anime was first aired.)


Quote:
Originally Posted by Heatth View Post
Nice post! There is any translation?
None that I'm aware of.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornadium View Post
Where did this come from?

I must have missed it.
http://lolipuni.com/
Ctrl+F to find "1年5組"

Basically it was based on the info on Suzumiya Haruhi no Koushiki.

Speaking of Sasaki, man, he's got his own harem.
freakonboard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-20, 09:15   Link #46
Heatth
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Brasil
Age: 24
Send a message via MSN to Heatth
Quote:
Originally Posted by freakonboard View Post
Just to add, Wandering Shadow was first published in The Sneaker April 2006 Issue. (the same month that the anime was first aired.)
Good point, didn't know that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by freakonboard View Post
Speaking of Sasaki, man, he's got his own harem.
You mean Sakaki right? Lucky guy, anyway. Aparently, it is because his 'beautiful voice'. He being the most good looking guy there probably helps.
Heatth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-20, 09:20   Link #47
Tornadium
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by freakonboard View Post

http://lolipuni.com/
Ctrl+F to find "1年5組"

Basically it was based on the info on Suzumiya Haruhi no Koushiki.

Speaking of Sasaki, man, he's got his own harem.

Thanks!

I'll have a look see.

Quote:

You mean Sakaki right? Lucky guy, anyway. Aparently, it is because his 'beautiful voice'. He being the most good looking guy there probably helps.
Heh. I wish we knew more about Haruhi and Kyon's classmates. Would be pretty interesting.

I wonder what the other girls think about Haruhi liking Kyon compared to anyone else.
Tornadium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-20, 09:32   Link #48
freakonboard
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heatth View Post
You mean Sakaki right? Lucky guy, anyway. Aparently, it is because his 'beautiful voice'. He being the most good looking guy there probably helps.
Yep, that's a typo.
You can psychoanalyze me that in fact I like another (female) character much more than him, and I won't deny.
freakonboard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-20, 10:02   Link #49
TakariCritic
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Speaking of classmates, anyone remember Koizumi telling Kyon of the member in his class in the Organization? I'm having difficulty finding it.
TakariCritic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-20, 10:14   Link #50
Tornadium
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by TakariCritic View Post
Speaking of classmates, anyone remember Koizumi telling Kyon of the member in his class in the Organization? I'm having difficulty finding it.
He said that a number of espers are in the school. I can't recall him giving any names though.
Tornadium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-20, 10:16   Link #51
Heatth
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Brasil
Age: 24
Send a message via MSN to Heatth
Quote:
Originally Posted by TakariCritic View Post
Speaking of classmates, anyone remember Koizumi telling Kyon of the member in his class in the Organization? I'm having difficulty finding it.
A few guess:

Arakawa- He is actually Arakawa son, but his father change his namewhen dealing with Haruhi,so she wouldn't notice (this is a baseless speculation, btw). Plus, he used to study with Haruhi in middle school

Amane- He was stalking Ryouko. Maybe by the Organization orders.

Naruzaki, Naoki or Saeki- Friends of Sakanaka, who wants to befriend Haruhi. Sakanaka herself is not likely, as the organization as a whole don'ttry to becometoo close of her.

Goto or Takato- No reason, but in the first episode it is shown they (and Arakawa) were in the same middle school as Haruhi.

Taniguchi- 4 years in the same class as Haruhi might be not a coincidence. He is a very good actor then.
Heatth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-20, 10:16   Link #52
OkamiNoKaze
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Spoiler for Heard it somewhere on here I think:
__________________
OkamiNoKaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-20, 10:19   Link #53
Tornadium
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by OkamiNoKaze View Post
Spoiler for Heard it somewhere on here I think:
I don't remember hearing anything about that in any of the books.
Tornadium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-20, 12:23   Link #54
worldruined
power tends to corrupt
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Send a message via AIM to worldruined
Quote:
Originally Posted by TakariCritic View Post
Speaking of classmates, anyone remember Koizumi telling Kyon of the member in his class in the Organization? I'm having difficulty finding it.
Well, there's...

Spoiler:


He never states, specifically, that there's a member in Kyon's class. Kyon suggests Taniguichi, a possibility that Koizumi brushes aside without ever really answering. It could be assumed that there's at least one agent in 1-5, though, to keep an eye on Haruhi during the day (since Koizumi is in another class).

And just to reiterate from another thread -- "Organization agent" does not necessarily mean "Organization esper". They can and do have agents that don't have esper powers. Koizumi is probably the Organization's first and only esper at North High.
worldruined is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-20, 12:31   Link #55
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Hong Kong Shatterdome
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heatth View Post
*snip*
Where did you hear this from?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornadium View Post
He said that a number of espers are in the school. I can't recall him giving any names though.
Could you provide the actual quote? Because I don't think he said there were other Espers, but other members of the organization.

And it's highly unlikely that every member of the organization is an Esper.
Roger Rambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-20, 12:34   Link #56
TakariCritic
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by worldruined View Post

He never states, specifically, that there's a member in Kyon's class. Kyon suggests Taniguichi, a possibility that Koizumi brushes aside without ever really answering. It could be assumed that there's at least one agent in 1-5, though, to keep an eye on Haruhi during the day (since Koizumi is in another class).

I remember reading that there was an agent in class 1-5, and Koizumi stated that the agent was actually a fan of Kyon's. I'm having a hard time finding that quote though.
TakariCritic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-20, 12:39   Link #57
Heatth
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Brasil
Age: 24
Send a message via MSN to Heatth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Rambo View Post
Where did you hear this from?
I just made up. Of course. As I said, just a few guess. I think in who could be, based in what we know about their characters. It is pretty hard to say, as we don't know much of then. My favorite guess is Arakawa, for now, just because his name (and becauser he might be badass, since his family has a dojo).

Actually, the most likely to be, given the currents informations, is Taniguchi.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Rambo View Post
And it's highly unlikely that every member of the organization is an Esper.
Actually, given there is no much more then 10 ESPers, it is really improbable the organization has only then as members.

PP:
Quote:
Originally Posted by TakariCritic View Post
I remember reading that there was an agent in class 1-5, and Koizumi stated that the agent was actually a fan of Kyon's. I'm having a hard time finding that quote though.
A fan of Kyon? A girl maybe? How about Yanagimoto? Maybe she dislike Haruhi because he likes Kyon.

A don't remember ever reading this, tough. But I miss many things while reading books in english.
Heatth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-20, 15:54   Link #58
Tornadium
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by worldruined View Post

And just to reiterate from another thread -- "Organization agent" does not necessarily mean "Organization esper". They can and do have agents that don't have esper powers. Koizumi is probably the Organization's first and only esper at North High.
Well i was just assuming that those placed there would be Espers because Koizumi is. I'll conceed that we can't know if they are or not.

Is there any information in the novels regarding membership in the organisation?
Tornadium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-20, 17:17   Link #59
worldruined
power tends to corrupt
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Send a message via AIM to worldruined
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornadium View Post
Is there any information in the novels regarding membership in the organisation?
Off the top of my head... not much.


Spoiler for Volume 1:

Spoiler for Volume 8:

Although Koizumi mentions a "number" of Organization agents, we really only learn the identity of one for sure, and he's more of a mercenary than a "true believer". I think we can safely assume that he, at least, isn't an esper.

Speaking of said person:

Spoiler:
worldruined is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-20, 17:23   Link #60
Tornadium
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by worldruined View Post
Off the top of my head... not much.


Spoiler for Volume 1:

Spoiler for Volume 8:

Although Koizumi mentions a "number" of Organization agents, we really only learn the identity of one for sure, and he's more of a mercenary than a "true believer". I think we can safely assume that he, at least, isn't an esper.

Speaking of said person:

Spoiler:
Heh, Fair enough.

Thanks!
Tornadium is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
characters

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 21:44.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.