AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > AnimeSuki & Technology > Download Help

Notices

Old 2004-07-20, 17:50   Link #81
_Sin_
Member of the Year 2004!

Location: "And if thou doest not well, _Sin_ lieth at the door."- Genesis 4:7
Quote:
Originally Posted by acrespo
Ok, but this settings affect only my tracker or all trackers I am seeding/leeching?
All trackers or to say it in other words: all torrents - regardless if you are seeding or leeching. The scrape intervals will, however, be different for each torrent after a while since Azureus adjusts the scrape intervals on the number of peers and seeds already connected to you. More seeds/peers --> bigger intervals.
There is a little known provision in the Forum Rules that explicitly allows a moderator to remove any signature image that they believe to be inappropriate for any reason. That did not happen in this case because _Sin_ is so boring that he never even had a signature to remove anyway. So why is this text here? To attract attention of course - isn't that what a signature is for?
You can still find my Azureus Download Guide here

By all means, make sure to read this.
_Sin_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-20, 17:52   Link #82
KeinikuSuki
鶏肉がとてもおいしい。

Send a message via ICQ to KeinikuSuki
Quote:
Originally Posted by acrespo
Ok, but this settings affect only my tracker or all trackers I am seeding/leeching?
I'm going to have to disagree with _Sin_ on this one:

This setting only has an effect on your (here "your" means Azureus's embeded tracker) tracker. Often when you attempt to manually scrape a tracker, the request is rejected by the tracker. This is important to keep bandwidth useage down on trackers and keep the tracker safe from malicious scrape spamming. You could theoretically change the time between scrapes, but it would most likely require a recompile of the source code.

You can see in the screenshot below that this setting has a "Let Peer Decide" option. This leads me to believe that this affects only your tracker. Furthermore, scrape time here is a function of announce, which has nothing to do with the peer.

Secondly, I've tried messing with the settings and Azureus still only scrapes once every 30 mins.

Last edited by KeinikuSuki; 2004-07-20 at 18:36.
KeinikuSuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-20, 18:11   Link #83
_Sin_
Member of the Year 2004!

Didn't acrespo ask on which intervals Azureus scrapes the tracker for peer/seed information? (I take it that trackers=torrents or else "all trackers I'm seeding/leeching makes no sense at all)

PS: Changing the scrape intervals manually works for me fine. Did you configure the numbers under Tracker client poll intervals (sec) properly?
There is a little known provision in the Forum Rules that explicitly allows a moderator to remove any signature image that they believe to be inappropriate for any reason. That did not happen in this case because _Sin_ is so boring that he never even had a signature to remove anyway. So why is this text here? To attract attention of course - isn't that what a signature is for?

Old 2004-07-20, 18:34   Link #84
KeinikuSuki
鶏肉がとてもおいしい。

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Sin_
PS: Changing the scrape intervals manually works for me fine. Did you configure the numbers under Tracker client poll intervals (sec) properly?
I think the "Tracker client poll intervals" controls how often the Azureus Embeded Tracker polls the clients. Everything in the "Tracker" configuration tab has to do only with the embeded tracker. The box has configuration for changing poll time to clients as a function of connected clients. Why would this be relavent to a client? Simple, it wouldn't. However, it's vitaly improtant to the tracker.

I've tried configuring "Tracker client poll intervals" for 1 second, nothing seems to change. Setting it for 9999 seconds didn't seem to do anything either. I guess I could be wrong, but I remember reading a post on the Azureus forums stating changing things in the "Tracker" configuration only effects the embeded tracker.

Edit: Rather than arguing, I just posted on the Azureus forum, Im sure someone more knowlegable (like one of the developers) will know.
Old 2004-07-21, 11:07   Link #85
KeinikuSuki
鶏肉がとてもおいしい。

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeinikuSuki
Edit: Rather than arguing, I just posted on the Azureus forum, Im sure someone more knowlegable (like one of the developers) will know.
I love quoting myself.... er...

Anyway, according to parg (one of the lead developers on the Azureus project) only changes to the "Extensions" subgroup of the "Tracker" tab will affect how Azureus performs as a client (specifically "Use Compact Anounce"). Therefore, we can assume changing the settings mentioned above will not change how often Azureus scrapes the torrent's tracker for Seed/Peer information.

The Post can be found on the Sourceforge forum here.
Old 2004-07-21, 11:28   Link #86
_Sin_
Member of the Year 2004!

Thanks alot for clearing that up, KS.

Old 2004-07-21, 15:53   Link #87
Edgewalker
Nani ?

what does it mean when your finished downloading , but then the 100 % drops down to 96.1 % or something around there ?

i may have accidently disabled double checking and cant seem to find it anywhere .
Edgewalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-21, 16:15   Link #88
_Sin_
Member of the Year 2004!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenojjin
what does it mean when your finished downloading , but then the 100 % drops down to 96.1 % or something around there ?

i may have accidently disabled double checking and cant seem to find it anywhere .
Never happened to me but I know that Azureus will check the file for download errors (enabled by default*) when the file is finished downloading. I guess that there were some download errors; nothing serious, download errors happen once in a while and Azureus will redownload the missing pieces anyway.

* configurable in Configuration:Files Re-check pieces when download is done

Old 2004-07-25, 11:18   Link #89
Kuja

When the download is finished it says "Finished!" and then it starts up again. And the file size is 2.26 GB and it says its downloaded 2.87 GB. @_@ What should I do?
Kuja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-25, 12:16   Link #90
cerealz

Win Xp Mulituser

Hi Everyone.....
Does Azureus support "crossuser" in Win XP.

I started some DL using one of the users on my comp.
When i logged on using another ID, i had to configure Azureus again
and open the .torrent files again.

Is there anyway for Azureus to remember the settings and DL of its latest user and resume from there?

Thx!
cerealz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-25, 12:45   Link #91
_Sin_
Member of the Year 2004!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuja
When the download is finished it says "Finished!" and then it starts up again.
What starts up again? I'm asking because Azureus checks finished data for missing/corrupted parts and redownloads them. That's why the downloaded file size can be bigger than the actual file size (there are other reasons, too, but that's not important now). Consequently, this can happen:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuja
And the file size is 2.26 GB and it says its downloaded 2.87 GB. @_@ What should I do?
Solution: Nothing. Azureus will fix the problem itself by redownloading missing/corrupted files.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cerealz
Hi Everyone.....
Does Azureus support "crossuser" in Win XP.

I started some DL using one of the users on my comp.
When i logged on using another ID, i had to configure Azureus again
and open the .torrent files again.

Is there anyway for Azureus to remember the settings and DL of its latest user and resume from there?

Thx!
AFAIK, Azureus does not support crossusers since the settings are stored in the respective "Documents and User settings" of each user. Even if User B had enough rights to access User A's Azureus settings folder, the only thing User B could do is copying the configuration of User A's Azureus to User B's Azureus settings folder. Since User B has to do that manually, he will have to do it everytime User A changes the Azureus settings. The folder in question can be found here:

Attention, German to English translation
C:\Documents and Settings\<User name>\Application Data\Azureus
or if you happen to understand/be German:
C:\Dokumente und Einstellungen\<user name>\Anwendungsdaten\Azureus

If your user account (User B) actually has the rights to access User A's data, you can create a batch file that will copy the settings every time you execute the file or even whenever you login as that user (if you put the batch file into the Autostart folder)

If you want, I can tell you how to create that file(with my long forgotten DOS skills). You will have to tell me the account names, however. (If you don't want everyone to see them, PM me, but make sure that you can access other user's files!)

Moreover you have to save every other Azureus data - except for the settings - in a place that is accessible for every user. (If you followed this guide, you have already done this, i.e. Not finished data in E:\Downloads\Azureus\Temp, Finished data gets move to E:\Downloads\Azureus\Incoming, *.torrent files in E:\Downloads\Azureus\Torrents)

Last edited by _Sin_; 2004-07-25 at 21:29. Reason: You can find that out if you read the post below ;)
Old 2004-07-25, 13:10   Link #92
KeinikuSuki
鶏肉がとてもおいしい。

It was a mighty nice try though!

He also forgot to mention that you cannot see the Application Data folder unless you have "Show Hidden Files and Folders" on.

Open the Tools menu and choose "Folder Options".
Old 2004-07-25, 21:27   Link #93
_Sin_
Member of the Year 2004!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeinikuSuki

It was a mighty nice try though!

He also forgot to mention that you cannot see the Application Data folder unless you have "Show Hidden Files and Folders" on.
I'm lucky that I forgot to say that since I would have needed to circumscribe it or try translating it and we all can see the results of that above ^_^

Old 2004-07-27, 11:21   Link #94
cerealz

wow!
Thats a whole lot of hassle....
Think ill just stick to using Azureus on one acc....

Thanks everyone!
cerealz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-29, 04:23   Link #95
fuusen

the checking update thing on startup of azureus took really long to load was it because the azureus site was down ?
fuusen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-29, 06:25   Link #96
_Sin_
Member of the Year 2004!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuusen
the checking update thing on startup of azureus took really long to load was it because the azureus site was down ?
I don't know what you mean with really long since you did not provide more information but it could relate to the fact that Azureus downloads some updates via BitTorrent. And since BT is not as fast as HTTP in the beginning, the download will appear to "take really long".

Old 2004-07-30, 00:09   Link #97
slovadon
N00B?

Send a message via MSN to slovadon
Port?

I'm very new to BitTorrent but I've become pretty interested in it. I've read a few sites online that explain it and have FAQ sections. Anyways, I've tried a few qlients and can't get any to connect. I came accross the Azureus guide (very nice by the way) and configured mine exactly as sin had it in the screen shots. The bummer is that I haven't managed to connect to anyone. I've tried several torrents from animesuki but they never connect. I also made it a point to chose ones with lots of seeds. I thought the problem might be my router so I went directly into my DSL modem, that didn't fix it. I also made sure that my windows XP firewall was off. I went threw the wizard and tested the default Incomming TCP listening port and it shows a NAT error. Do you think that could be the problem, and if so how can I fix it? Thanks for your time, I'm not great with computers so I'm sure users like me can be kind of annoying.
slovadon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-30, 05:59   Link #98
_Sin_
Member of the Year 2004!

Quote:
Originally Posted by slovadon
I went threw the wizard and tested the default Incomming TCP listening port and it shows a NAT error. Do you think that could be the problem, and if so how can I fix it? Thanks for your time, I'm not great with computers so I'm sure users like me can be kind of annoying.
Seems like a router issue. What is the Health of the torrents you are trying to download (color of the smiley)? If it's yellow, it's very likely a router issue. Read here how to configure your router.

Also make sure that your firewall is configured properly since you should be able to connect to peers even if your router is not configured properly. (firewall issue=red smiley color. For kicks: Disable your firewall and see if the Health will change)

Old 2004-07-30, 11:24   Link #99
slovadon
N00B?

Send a message via MSN to slovadon
Thanks a lot!

It's up and running! Thanks for the help!

Last edited by slovadon; 2004-07-31 at 01:44.
slovadon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-01, 13:06   Link #100
Kuja

I left Naruto downloading last night, and three batches and 2 specials finished. But one of the batches says Error Missing Data D:\Naruto\[A-I]_Naruto_021.avi. I went to check in the folder, and everything is there.

Something like that is happening to the first batch but at the end of "Error Missing Data....avi" it says "Not found"

Last edited by Kuja; 2004-08-01 at 13:46.
Kuja is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
outdated guide, wiki candidate