AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2009-09-22, 12:10   Link #181
aliasxn
Eye for an Eye
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
As far as Kuma vanishing the crew to those specific locations goes, I think it's best to say that yes, it was an orchestrated move (someone else mentioned the same idea last year as well, but I forget who). However, unless he's in cahoots with someone that can predict the future, I doubt that he planned the exact course of events that the crew would go through in those islands in advance (did Kuma actually send Luffy to Amazon Lily for the specific purpose of convincing its empress to take him to Impel Down (and even making her fall in love with him in the process)? I think not, especially since he told Luffy that they wouldn't meet again.....). If the theory of Kuma being one of Dragon's spies is true, then he probably sent the Straw-Hats to those islands so they wouldn't be involved in the upcoming war. Of course, if that WAS the case, then the plan backfired, seeing as Luffy's currently present in Marineford...
I think it was an orchestrated move too, but how did Kuma (or anyone else for that matter) know that Luffy was a haki user? The only time he had used haki before was on that bull/cow, right?
aliasxn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-22, 12:20   Link #182
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by aliasxn View Post
I think it was an orchestrated move too, but how did Kuma (or anyone else for that matter) know that Luffy was a haki user? The only time he had used haki before was on that bull/cow, right?
Haki is a form of feeling you get from someone, its the atmosphere around the person. You can feel that someone is ambitious and has a powerful will.

People have been telling Luffy that he reminds them of Gol D Roger, his Nakama trusts his will and even Shanks himself was affected by him. His enemies fear him, the marines fear his reputation. Then you have Blackbeard who came to Impel Down and told Luffy straight away that he's looking more ambitious. In this chapter, you have Whitebeard himself who has felt Luffy's outrageous will.

If anything, Luffy's powerful Haki is the most obvious thing for Kuma to know.
__________________
No longer a NEET so I'll not be online as often.
Ignore gender and kick sexuality to the curb!
I'm a big mecha fan, who keeps playing the SRW series.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-22, 12:22   Link #183
hkBattousai
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by aliasxn View Post
I think it was an orchestrated move too, but how did Kuma (or anyone else for that matter) know that Luffy was a haki user? The only time he had used haki before was on that bull/cow, right?
Actually, he can know...

Refer to manga chapter 544, page 8.
In the middle picture, Kurohige says:
"...... This gus is stronger that I thought... His haki has improved as well."
How did Kurohige know Luffy was a haki user?

I think haki users can distinguish other haki users.
hkBattousai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-22, 12:30   Link #184
aliasxn
Eye for an Eye
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by C.A. View Post
Haki is a form of feeling you get from someone, its the atmosphere around the person. You can feel that someone is ambitious and has a powerful will.

People have been telling Luffy that he reminds them of Gol D Roger, his Nakama trusts his will and even Shanks himself was affected by him. His enemies fear him, the marines fear his reputation. Then you have Blackbeard who came to Impel Down and told Luffy straight away that he's looking more ambitious. In this chapter, you have Whitebeard himself who has felt Luffy's outrageous will.

If anything, Luffy's powerful Haki is the most obvious thing for Kuma to know.
Hmm... I see. I thought haki was more like an innate ability (like a kekkei genkai in Naruto) rather than actual willpower.
aliasxn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-22, 17:53   Link #185
strawhat11
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Are we gonna get a new chapter this week or do I have to.....
strawhat11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-22, 18:28   Link #186
Immolo
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jursun View Post
I think better way to explain this issue is with how Kuma's power may work. What if the Kuma himself doesn't have control over where people are sent, but rather the people themselves are making that decision subconsciously. Kuma's power would pick up on this and send the person to where it would be the most beneficial to them.
Butt to say that you have to first ask yourself why that would be true. What would be required for that to happen?

First Kuma's power would have to be able to read minds. Then the power would have to be able to execute what it found out in other words it would have to have a mind of it own. With its mind it would have to automatically know where said destination actually was.

Or Kuma's power is just the ability to reject things as it has been shown and stated to be. Kuma has been shown to control what and how he rejects things. Knowing Kuma has full control of his power can you think of any reason he wouldn't be able to reject someone in the direction he wants? Kuma has been shown to be extremely intelligent and could easily figure out what might make each crewmember( who he has seen fighting against Oars so he knows how they fight) stronger.
Immolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-22, 18:30   Link #187
james0246
Senior Member
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: East Cupcake
A new thread hasn't been made yet because we have no confirmed spoilers (nja took yesterday off). MarvelB only likes making new threads when sufficient info has been released, so we will be waiting for a few hours more...
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-22, 19:34   Link #188
Master Mold
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: LA CA
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
^It's a little douchey to forcibly change someone's post to meet your standards, even for humourous purposes...
Well I did it to help Rurik out, with categorizing myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
I have to say Mold, I completely disagree with your stance here....
No you don't, your jumpin with Joy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rurik View Post
james, I cant find any humor in insulting a series, no matter how much you dont like the series or a chapter.
Where is this coming from?

Quote:
And Based on someone labeling a Chapter Garbage, is usually made by those who falls under the category of not liking any chapter or hating the series.
In other words.

Rurik:You said A (meaning One = 1) One Piece chapter is Garbage, you obviously don't like the series MM.

Master Mold:Yeah that's right.

Quote:
In other words someone that doesn’t like a chapter doesn’t go an label say chapter as Garbage. words usually used are "I didnt liek this chapter". "This Chapter sucked", "This Chapter Was boring".
Well, I try to stand out and be different from the crowd.

Quote:
I have read some good amount of mangas, And I never have ended up considering something as Garbage,
I have, heck even outside the realm of manga.

Quote:
is insulting to the person who puts his heart and effort on a product that not everybody is going to like, but it has people that do like it.
and people read there Mangas Online for free, Download music, movies etc etc that people have put there hearts, effort sweat, and blood into etc etc.


Quote:
and Considering One piece as Garbage (and that it is crap writing) is risible at best, here we are presented with the most successful shounen title to date, I doubt Garbage has this properties, or are you implying those people who like this series are also Garbage themselves?
I stopped reading after Garbage.

When I post something like that, you quote it, and reply. Until then, What you talking about?

Quote:
Or you either don't know the consequences that your words can carry, or you do know these consequences and just do it for personal intentions.
More like I don't know if some of you cats can understand, that what you think is there/written is not there/written. next time one of you guys pull this stunt again, I'm going to tell my boy to fetch a white coat and clean out one of them padded cells.

Quote:
Also, You should stop making yourself look like you don’t know what you are saying,
I haven't really posted anything saying "I hate One Piece" in fact your proving me right like many in the past have and will continue to. "Stop making yourself look like you don’t know what you are saying" Well I know what I'm saying, its you who fails in that department.

Last edited by Master Mold; 2009-09-22 at 21:47. Reason: I'm going in on who ever else, needs a white jacket and a padded cell.
Master Mold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-22, 21:21   Link #189
lonewolf777
Disabled By Request
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Land of tha Heartless
Age: 26
No spoilers yet, but I think the next chapter will show some stuff finally being kicked into action. Although I was wondering if anybody caught this - was Sengoku's secret plan the early execution of Ace, or is it something else that they haven't revealed yet?
lonewolf777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-22, 23:11   Link #190
Azncoke123
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Seems like Iva knows Kuma....

Last edited by Azncoke123; 2009-09-22 at 23:33. Reason: Against the rules
Azncoke123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-22, 23:16   Link #191
Mizuno
Undefined
 
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: With the gods
Age: 31
Send a message via MSN to Mizuno
^ That reaffirms the belief that Kuma knows Dragon and did what he had to do to help Dragon's son.
Mizuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-22, 23:36   Link #192
andy
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
there are some spoilers out . Wait to get more info .

More info out , man luffy going crazy , Even if he runs into trouble Wb got his back.

Last edited by andy; 2009-09-22 at 23:54.
andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-23, 05:55   Link #193
Rawrz
Redbeard Has Blood Logia!
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Seems like people really want Blackbeard to find Pluton in Impel Down lol.AP forums are having at least 5-6 fake spoilers about Blackbeard and Pluton every week.
Rawrz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-23, 10:20   Link #194
Rurik
Golden
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: 9th Temple
Age: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Mold View Post
In other words.

Rurik:You said A (meaning One = 1) One Piece chapter is Garbage, you obviously don't like the series MM.

Master Mold:Yeah that's right.
No I said : ďAnd Based on someone labeling a Chapter Garbage, is usually made by those who falls under the category of not liking any chapter or hating the seriesĒ

You do know that usually and always have different meaning, right?

Quote:
Well, I try to stand out and be different from the crowd.
A lot of people can stand out without doing unnecessary hating.


Quote:
I have, heck even outside the realm of manga.
No, you havenít, your opinions are a mirror of what you are, if you have read outside the ďBig 3Ē, it will be a couple of more to give you benefit of the doubt, and please save yourself from proving me that this is incorrect, like I said, your opinions are a mirror of what you are.



Quote:
and people read there Mangas Online for free, Download music, movies etc etc that people have put there hearts, effort sweat, and blood into etc etc.
Those are two totally different tings, first separate the music and movie industry and lest focus on Manga, the matter of fact is that these Manga gain more when they are put online to read the translated scanlations, than not having them at all, because this Online downloads of the Manga, it was maked them known wolrwide, and unless you are from Japan or France, you would never knew they existed to beggin with, Heck, do you think Naruto would had gain that popularity if it werenít for Scanlations and Anime subs?


Quote:
I stopped reading after Garbage.

When I post something like that, you quote it, and reply. Until then, What you talking about?
Simply put, considering a series (which is different than a summer blockbuster movie) garbage when the number say different is risible.



Quote:
More like I don't know if some of you cats can understand, that what you think is there/written is not there/written. next time one of you guys pull this stunt again, I'm going to tell my boy to fetch a white coat and clean out one of them padded cells.
Well, that boy of yours should get to you first given how you interestingly tried to push your opinions and make them look like is where my own opinions.


Quote:
I haven't really posted anything saying "I hate One Piece" in fact your proving me right like many in the past have and will continue to. "Stop making yourself look like you donít know what you are saying" Well I know what I'm saying, its you who fails in that department.
You donít needs words to tell it, because someone that really likes a series donít go on a bashing spree every single time he makes a post, or make a reply to someone that did like the chapter. Maybe there was a time where you did Liked the series, but the matter of fact is that your posts speak out in volumes what do you think of this Manga, and quoting you:


Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Mold View Post
There is a big difference between not liking garbage Chapters, and not liking any chapter at all, still read the series, and post about how you don't like the crap writing in the process but praise the rare but good writing, that is almost null in this series.
__________________
"when you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth." -
Rurik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-23, 10:47   Link #195
Prestige
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Grand Line
Aah damn it 558 spoilers are out... but I made promise that I would not spoil myself this week... I want to enjoy chapter its fullest...

But shit this is hard...just couple clicks with mouse and I could end this torment bu checking sweet spoilers... but I have to wait 2 days...it will be hard but I know I wont regret this when I get my hands on full chapter...
Prestige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-23, 10:48   Link #196
kakakka
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prestige View Post
Aah damn it 558 spoilers are out... but I made promise that I would not spoil myself this week... I want to enjoy chapter its fullest...

But shit this is hard...just couple clicks with mouse and I could end this torment bu checking sweet spoilers... but I have to wait 2 days...it will be hard but I know I wont regret this when I get my hands on full chapter...
....

Either go out (do something interesting) or sleep.

Those two should get your mind off One Piece, even for short time.
kakakka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-23, 11:33   Link #197
hkBattousai
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prestige View Post
Aah damn it 558 spoilers are out... but I made promise that I would not spoil myself this week... I want to enjoy chapter its fullest...

But shit this is hard...just couple clicks with mouse and I could end this torment bu checking sweet spoilers... but I have to wait 2 days...it will be hard but I know I wont regret this when I get my hands on full chapter...
Guys, I am new to this online manga discussion thing.
Can you tell me where can I find those new chapter spoilers?
hkBattousai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-23, 12:01   Link #198
Master Mold
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: LA CA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rurik View Post
No I said : “And Based on someone labeling a Chapter Garbage, is usually made by those who falls under the category of not liking any chapter or hating the series”

You do know that usually and always have different meaning, right?
LOL, My point is One Piece has it fairy share of Garbage Chapters, you don't have to love every d@me chapter to enjoy the series.

Quote:
A lot of people can stand out without doing unnecessary hating.
Unnecessary?!lol

What? this chapter was Crap come on now, that "If you don't see a One Piece chapter in the same light as us, your a hater of the series" routine is getting Old and easy to spot and means jack sh8t when there are chapters, Arc, writting me and even Phenom enjoyed.


Quote:
No, you haven’t, your opinions are a mirror of what you are, if you have read outside the “Big 3”, it will be a couple of more to give you benefit of the doubt, and please save yourself from proving me that this is incorrect, like I said, your opinions are a mirror of what you are.
I stopped reading after haven't.
LOl, you telling me what I have and not have done. This is the point where I tell you to STFU. There no need for me to go on any further then that.

Quote:
Those are two totally different tings, first separate the music and movie industry and lest focus on Manga, the matter of fact is that these Manga gain more when they are put online to read the translated scanlations, than not having them at all, because this Online downloads of the Manga, it was maked them known wolrwide, and unless you are from Japan or France, you would never knew they existed to beggin with, Heck, do you think Naruto would had gain that popularity if it weren’t for Scanlations and Anime subs?
Stealing is stealing.

Quote:
Simply put, considering a series (which is different than a summer blockbuster movie) garbage when the number say different is risible.
Again.
If I consider One Piece garbage, I wouldn't be in the One Piece section posting and schooling halve of you on it.

Quote:
Well, that boy of yours should get to you first given how you interestingly tried to push your opinions and make them look like is where my own opinions.
LOL, your the ONLY one forcing your opinion, hell read your own posts, you keep saying I hate the One Piece series, when that is no where to be read in my posts, not to mention Ive explained to you that I don't.


Quote:
You don’t needs words to tell it,
Now I know why you cats always fall on your face when you try to label myself.
Guru, Get me a white jacket with extra straps, we got ourselves a guy who can read minds, over the internet.

Quote:
because someone that really likes a series don’t go on a bashing spree every single time he makes a post, or make a reply to someone that did like the chapter.
I don't go on bashing sprees, and I quote those who takes shots at me for not having the same opinion as them. For the sake of not being a fanboy, you can like a series, and dislike things in that series, while the fanboys act as of everything in the series is gold, when its not.


Quote:
Maybe there was a time where you did Liked the series, but the matter of fact is that your posts speak out in volumes what do you think of this Manga, and Editing your post and quoting it:
LOL, So when I make a post about my thoughts on the series that read something like "I hate One Piece" fire away, until then, your going to have to stay in this padded cell until you stop hearing/reading words from Master Mold and any other non One Piece fanboy, that are not truly there.

Here I thought the Oda groupies where the worst thing you could find on a One Piece forum.

Last edited by Master Mold; 2009-09-23 at 12:11.
Master Mold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-23, 12:11   Link #199
Rurik
Golden
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: 9th Temple
Age: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Mold View Post
LOL,.
I stopped reading after LOL, and Thats it...edited my stupid post anyway, lets drink some beer!!!!!!!!!!

BTW, I’m more a Kishimoto Groupie, and Still know when he just make his mistakes, just as I have done here with this series, but never in an insulting and insinuating way. End of discussion
__________________
"when you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth." -

Last edited by Rurik; 2009-09-23 at 12:27.
Rurik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-23, 21:59   Link #200
SOGESNAKE
NEW WORLD BABY~!
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Raftel
Age: 23
Send a message via MSN to SOGESNAKE Send a message via Skype™ to SOGESNAKE
So how do you guys think Donquixote Doflamingo's powers actually work? I mean, after seeing how he cut Oars Jr's leg off, I have a heavy feeling he uses strings from his fingers to control people.... but that IS my opinion....


Anyone?
__________________
SOGESNAKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:54.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.