AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > AnimeSuki & Technology > Download Help

Notices

Old 2004-07-20, 22:37   Link #1
orthodent4
Orthodent4

Error in downloading

Hi,

I was downloading Tenshi na Konomaiki and since I had episode 26, I clicked on Bittornado details to "download never" for episode 26 and try out "finish allocation" button in advanced. Somehow afterwards, I couldn't download this big file from episode 26-30 anymore. It kept reading "IO Error: [Errno13] Permission denied". I tried to delete this file from my computer, but it won't let me do it either. I can still download the file from the beginning by saving it in a different folder. However, my question is "how do I remove the corrupted file from my computer?" Thanks!
orthodent4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-21, 00:42   Link #2
Keitaro
*Kyuuketsuki Otaku*

Quote:
Originally Posted by orthodent4
Hi,

I was downloading Tenshi na Konomaiki and since I had episode 26, I clicked on Bittornado details to "download never" for episode 26 and try out "finish allocation" button in advanced. Somehow afterwards, I couldn't download this big file from episode 26-30 anymore. It kept reading "IO Error: [Errno13] Permission denied". I tried to delete this file from my computer, but it won't let me do it either. I can still download the file from the beginning by saving it in a different folder. However, my question is "how do I remove the corrupted file from my computer?" Thanks!
The (IOError - Errno13 Permission denied) error occurs when you run a torrent file that is already active on your machine. In other words you try and run the same file twice. Simply close all your clients/active torrents and then restart them to clear the error.

As for the corrupted file you should be able to delete the corrupted file. If its giving you a permisson denied error then another program might be still using it or you don't have rights to delete that file. I suggest you log off then back on your system then try and delete it again.
Old 2004-07-21, 17:19   Link #3
orthodent4
Orthodent4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keitaro
The (IOError - Errno13 Permission denied) error occurs when you run a torrent file that is already active on your machine. In other words you try and run the same file twice. Simply close all your clients/active torrents and then restart them to clear the error.

As for the corrupted file you should be able to delete the corrupted file. If its giving you a permisson denied error then another program might be still using it or you don't have rights to delete that file. I suggest you log off then back on your system then try and delete it again.
Hi Keitaro,

After I logged off and on again, I was able to delete the corrupted file from my computer. Thanks!
orthodent4 is offline   Reply With Quote