AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > AnimeSuki & Technology > Download Help

Notices

Old 2004-07-21, 21:35   Link #1
stsaturn

Happy Lesson Final

Search will not work for me and I do not feel like searching the forum my self. So can someone tell me exactly what version of Bit Torrent Static Subs does not hate so I can download HLF.

Thanks
stsaturn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-21, 21:57   Link #2
KeinikuSuki
鶏肉がとてもおいしい。

Send a message via ICQ to KeinikuSuki
Quote:
Originally Posted by stsaturn
Search will not work for me and I do not feel like searching the forum my self. So can someone tell me exactly what version of Bit Torrent Static Subs does not hate so I can download HLF.
Thanks
According to their forum the following clients (and their version numbers) are banned:

"TorrentStorm 1.2 - Reason: Global upload was divided evenly, did not minimum out at 3kbyte/sec like other multitorrent clients. Version 1.2.1 resolves this issue. Please upgrade.
Azures 2.0.x.x - Old versions, some hacked clients are present masking themselves as legit 2.0.x.x
Shad0w 5.x versions and those that rely on Shad0w 5.x cores. - outdated, get BitTornado 0.2.0 or 0.3.3 based versions instead. (ABC 2.6.6 and older are included in this ban, 2.6.7 and newer are not. TorrentStorm 1.2.1 and older are also included because they are only S5.8.11 or older. Make sure to use BitTornado cores in newer versions.)
Shareaza All Versions - poor BT implementation
BT++ - Much bad data reporting
Frost's Experimental (usually versioned 3.2.1b) - Outdated client
BT Official 3.4.1 and older - Enhancements from newer clients are required for proper communication with the tracker.
BitComet All Versions - Abusive announcing.
G3Torrent All Versions - Leech client.[emphasis added]"

Here are some torrents that would not be banned:
Azureus (remember to download the Java Runtime Environment)
Official BitTorrent Client
BitTornado
TorrentStorm

You'd think these people would have something better to do than sit around and ban clients. But then again, you'd think I'd have better things to do than answer questions already answered.
KeinikuSuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-22, 05:11   Link #3
_Sin_
Member of the Year 2004!

Location: "And if thou doest not well, _Sin_ lieth at the door."- Genesis 4:7
Lalalaa: _Sin_'s Azureus Guide.
There is a little known provision in the Forum Rules that explicitly allows a moderator to remove any signature image that they believe to be inappropriate for any reason. That did not happen in this case because _Sin_ is so boring that he never even had a signature to remove anyway. So why is this text here? To attract attention of course - isn't that what a signature is for?
You can still find my Azureus Download Guide here

By all means, make sure to read this.
_Sin_ is offline   Reply With Quote