AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2009-09-26, 15:17   Link #961
Darknemo2000
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Lithuania
Age: 30
Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
After reading the last chapter I think I completely lost any bits of hope I still had with this manga. Here goes another one to my dropped list.

Spoiler for One scene:
Darknemo2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-26, 18:05   Link #962
Mizuno
Undefined
 
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: With the gods
Age: 31
Send a message via MSN to Mizuno
They would have done themselves a favor by finishing off the arc this chapter, with Unzen KO'ed from Medaka Supersaiyan mode last chapter, but they JUST have to carry on.
Mizuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-27, 00:18   Link #963
aahhsin
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
For people that hate this manga with a passion, you guys sure like to read it.
aahhsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-27, 02:03   Link #964
Cinocard
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
It's actually quite funny how bad it is.

Hate with a passion = love to hate. I can't hate it if I don't read, yes?
Cinocard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-27, 02:50   Link #965
Sol Falling
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Age: 25
Heh, do you guys even actually read it though? Seems like every week you guys show up when there're only raws or even just spoilers out and try your hardest to draw the worst conclusions without understanding a speck of it.
__________________
Seasonal enjoyment ratings:
Stardust Crusaders 80/5 :: Sailor Moon Crystal 20/5 :: Hanayamata 28/5 :: Locodol 50/5 :: Yama no Susume 100/5 :: Sabagebu 28/5 :: Momo Kyun Sword 11/5
Fall: Sora no Method 21/5 :: Karen Senki 6/5 :: Cross Ange 1/5 :: Shirobako 22/5 :: Yuuki Yuuna 23/5 :: Mushishi S2 100/5
God-tier yuri oneshot mangaka: Minase Ruruu
Sonohana twitter follow campaign: mikajyo_info :: rewards (anime adaptation if they reach 50000!!)
Exceptional shoujo manga: Last Game
Sol Falling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-27, 04:46   Link #966
2H-Dragon
Silent Warrior
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Netherlands
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sol Falling View Post
Heh, do you guys even actually read it though? Seems like every week you guys show up when there're only raws or even just spoilers out and try your hardest to draw the worst conclusions without understanding a speck of it.
Well I think the thing is. People went in with very high expectations and it fell flat. My major gripe is the author probably has the talent to make this great, but rather then making this a smaller, but great romcom manga. He chooses a whole different route and is probably thinking of dragging shit out. This manga pretty much shows everything that is wrong with the industry. D: People are probably still reading in the hope it'll change sometime soon. The oneshot is still fresh in everyone's memory.
2H-Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-27, 09:20   Link #967
Jourdal
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sol Falling View Post
Heh, do you guys even actually read it though? Seems like every week you guys show up when there're only raws or even just spoilers out and try your hardest to draw the worst conclusions without understanding a speck of it.
Of course, i read the raw, the TL and then the scan >_>

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2H-Dragon View Post
Well I think the thing is. People went in with very high expectations and it fell flat. My major gripe is the author probably has the talent to make this great, but rather then making this a smaller, but great romcom manga. He chooses a whole different route and is probably thinking of dragging shit out. This manga pretty much shows everything that is wrong with the industry. D: People are probably still reading in the hope it'll change sometime soon. The oneshot is still fresh in everyone's memory.
Sadly this is true
Jourdal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-27, 09:49   Link #968
KLGChaos
The Shermain
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: NY
Age: 35
Just read the translations. Words can't describe what I read. It all seemed so... random and didn't really make much sense.
Spoiler:
__________________

Last edited by KLGChaos; 2009-09-27 at 12:36.
KLGChaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-27, 13:42   Link #969
aahhsin
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
christ dark mage, if you don't like the random silliness of it just drop it. Do you really need everything spoon fed to you with flashbacks after flashbacks after flashbacks?

They explained everything too.

Quote:
but their powers are explained in most cases or they are superhuman, but Medaka is none of these, what exactly is her source of power,?
Because she was born like that. Sheesh. What do you want? HARD WORK! A demon inside! Train everyday, sunlight energy, KI, BANKAI!, GEAR 3?

Quote:
Why are they battling against each other? With what purpose was the student council created?
Because the Enforcers feel that the student council was doing too much and overriding their jurisdiction.

Quote:
How come everyone in school takes it as if its all normal?
Because it's funny. Whether the humor is actually funny is on the person, but that's the point.

Quote:
Where will this manga go? Why isn't there any sort of bonding between characters?
The manga is going where the Student Council will solve problems in the school. Tehre's bonding. Akune and Zen were trying to find sexy girls. Zen and that accountant girl bonded a bit. Zen and Shirinai had plenty of scenes. Medeka and Zen are best friends. Medeka and Akune hang out with Akune drooling all over her.

Quote:
Where the fuck does the author get his stupid random ideas from? To make the manga more popular he doesn't go for the plot, he randomly pulls scenes out of his ass wher we get a girl-girl kiss
He probably did pull it out of his ass. There's plenty of manga with stupid jokes in them. Chidori in Full Metal Alchemist pulls out a fan out of nowhere.

Quote:
a 10-year old groping a 16 year-old freak highschool girl who is already oozing with killing aura when logic says that he should use his remainig strength for running or for fighting back but he acts perverted? Is this supposed to make us laugh?
Because he's awesome like that. Can't he act over confident? You forget he's a super human too. There's plenty of shonen manga that does this. The Hero and Villain always say some bullshit like I'M ONLY USING 10% OF MY POWER!!! THen a bunchof shocked eyes. Then fight again. If you wanted realism in that, then eveyrone instantly should be fighting at 100% to not get killed. But whatever, it's a comic book and fantasy.

Quote:
When the hell did this romantic love school life comedy turn into battle all of a sudden without giving any hints from before about why the hell they are fighting ach othr for? Oh right it will increase the sales and get a small number of die-hard fans.
FFS the one shot had Zen fight the Judo club.

You're just hating it because you had this magical idea where everything should be. Sorry to disappoint you that it's not another harem love comedy with plenty of panty shots and a weak willed guy grouping everything in sight.
aahhsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-27, 14:07   Link #970
Zwei
Natural Born Killer
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Roanapur
Age: 23
....and in the end, Medaka wakes up from her dream, puts on her glasses, blushes, and realizes she has been dreaming all along.

The end.
__________________
Zwei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-27, 14:50   Link #971
KLGChaos
The Shermain
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: NY
Age: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by aahhsin View Post
christ dark mage, if you don't like the random silliness of it just drop it. Do you really need everything spoon fed to you with flashbacks after flashbacks after flashbacks?

They explained everything too.


Because she was born like that. Sheesh. What do you want? HARD WORK! A demon inside! Train everyday, sunlight energy, KI, BANKAI!, GEAR 3?


Because the Enforcers feel that the student council was doing too much and overriding their jurisdiction.


Because it's funny. Whether the humor is actually funny is on the person, but that's the point.


The manga is going where the Student Council will solve problems in the school. Tehre's bonding. Akune and Zen were trying to find sexy girls. Zen and that accountant girl bonded a bit. Zen and Shirinai had plenty of scenes. Medeka and Zen are best friends. Medeka and Akune hang out with Akune drooling all over her.


He probably did pull it out of his ass. There's plenty of manga with stupid jokes in them. Chidori in Full Metal Alchemist pulls out a fan out of nowhere.


Because he's awesome like that. Can't he act over confident? You forget he's a super human too. There's plenty of shonen manga that does this. The Hero and Villain always say some bullshit like I'M ONLY USING 10% OF MY POWER!!! THen a bunchof shocked eyes. Then fight again. If you wanted realism in that, then eveyrone instantly should be fighting at 100% to not get killed. But whatever, it's a comic book and fantasy.


FFS the one shot had Zen fight the Judo club.

You're just hating it because you had this magical idea where everything should be. Sorry to disappoint you that it's not another harem love comedy with plenty of panty shots and a weak willed guy grouping everything in sight.
Calm down, man. No need to get angry at him for expressing his opinion.
__________________
KLGChaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-27, 15:17   Link #972
2H-Dragon
Silent Warrior
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Netherlands
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by aahhsin View Post
Spoiler for For length:
Well just because it's done in other manga's doesn't make it good. Mind you there's also the difference when a cliche works and when it doesn't.
2H-Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-27, 16:56   Link #973
Dark Mage
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
ooh she was born like that huh? Pray tell me which human being can withstand not being cut by those wires if she doesn't have some form of powers or special body

you are wrong the manga isn't about the stuCouncil solving problems. its about Medaka showing off her godliness. Zen didn't even want to join the student council and so far hasn't shown an interest in any girls beside Medaka. Oh I will give that thre's some bonding between Zen and Shiranui and if you call Zen explaining off Medaka's levels of powers or getting her out of trouble as a sohow of friendship, fine, but I see it more as as how a dog-owner treats her dog. Akune drooling over Medaka is bonding> by your standards? He can do that with a picture of Medaka in his hands as it amounts to much the same thing

He is a boy who is a genious but not a superhuman like Medaka or else he woudnt be needing that suit

The whole school being blown off must look really funny to the normal students huh?

Dear Me! I wasn't looking for a weak-willed guy, on the contrary, the reason, I liked the one-shot so much was because Zen was such a bad-ass and you could see that Medaka had affections for him and the focus was Zen and he wasn't a lap=dog and followed around Medaka like a puppy and gave his opinions and resisted Medaka where it was necessary.

Oh and yeah I do plan to drop it after this ridicuous arc is over and good-luck to you. Please do enjoy it while it lasts as I believe, its not gonna be lastin for long
__________________
Signature stolen by a horde of carnivorous bunnies. It is an unscientifically proven fact that they are attracted to signatures which break the signature rules.
Dark Mage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-27, 17:54   Link #974
aahhsin
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Mage View Post
Oh and yeah I do plan to drop it after this ridicuous arc is over and good-luck to you. Please do enjoy it while it lasts as I believe, its not gonna be lastin for long
damn straight i will.
aahhsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-27, 18:11   Link #975
Mizuno
Undefined
 
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: With the gods
Age: 31
Send a message via MSN to Mizuno
Maybe they'll have an arc where they'll trace Medaka's bloodline and find that she's the descendant of Beelzebub.
Mizuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-27, 18:13   Link #976
Cinocard
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
It cannot be discussed when with exactly the same thing that we fully understand what it is, you find it funny, I find it ridiculous.

Each to his own, I just wonder if you like the manga THAT much to argue with us, or that you just don't hate it, and therefore hate haters? Because personally I don't comprehend people who like the manga, lol.
Cinocard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-27, 19:21   Link #977
Nvis
Grumpy Senior
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
I just started reading this manga, at chapter 3(hey, what's up? ). Liking it so far..........

Then I see people here are saying it's not going to survive.

I needed a weekly manga to replace TLR.
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-27, 19:26   Link #978
Dark Mage
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nvis View Post
I just started reading this manga, at chapter 3(hey, what's up? ). Liking it so far..........

.
Oh its really really good upto those chapters but then its starts to go downhill, that's my POV though others may think differently
__________________
Signature stolen by a horde of carnivorous bunnies. It is an unscientifically proven fact that they are attracted to signatures which break the signature rules.
Dark Mage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-27, 21:20   Link #979
Mizuno
Undefined
 
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: With the gods
Age: 31
Send a message via MSN to Mizuno
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nvis View Post
I needed a weekly manga to replace TLR.
Objectively speaking, this manga, good or bad isn't going to replace TLR. If you're looking for something of a similar genre, the closest would be Ane Doki.
Mizuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-28, 00:17   Link #980
Nvis
Grumpy Senior
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizuno View Post
Objectively speaking, this manga, good or bad isn't going to replace TLR. If you're looking for something of a similar genre, the closest would be Ane Doki.
Not really looking for something similar in genre, just something to read.

Well , I just looked at the first chapter for Ane Doki, and I may read that too. However, I kinda like Medaka Box better.

It would be somewhat more interesting if the both the main characters were the same age.

Caught up to ch19 for MB, and I think I'm stay with this until it discontinues.
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
action, comedy, harem, nishio, romance, shounen, student council

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 18:37.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.