AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2009-09-29, 09:00   Link #1
marvelB
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
One Piece - Chapter 559 (manga)

Welcome to the weekly manga discussion thread for One Piece.

Thread Guidelines
  • One Piece is licensed by Viz, please don't ask for or mention where to find or download the manga.
  • Please do not discuss scanlations, translation groups, etc., etc.
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Discuss your expectations of the chapter if it has not been published yet.
  • Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome).
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
  • Spoilers will not be policed in this thread, so if you haven't read the chapter yet, just stay out if you don't want to read spoilers.
Remember that the manga is licensed, do not post significant parts of the chapter. This includes images, scripts and direct translations of the manga. Summaries are OK, crops of pictures are OK (only if you need to illustrate your point) but this is it.




Iiiiit's that time of the week again! Summary:




-The ministory focuses on Zoro, but the details are still unknown right now.


-Luffy fights against Smoker. Unfortunately, he's still unable to damage him at this point. An enraged Hancock attacks Smoker for hurting Luffy. Interestingly enough, the commodore notes that she was able to damage him because of her Haki......



-Ivankov is still fighting against Kuma. He tries to reason with the Shichibukai, but it's no use. Doflamingo tells Iva that he doesn't know what connection the two of them have, but the Kuma that he's familiar with is already dead......


-Jinbei's fighting against Moria. It seems that Moria uses Shadows Asgard against him, but the merman simply knocks him out with a single punch (lol ).



-Buggy is fighting by Whitebeard's side. Newgate figured out Sengoku's plans, and gives orders to the NW captains. Ace has reached a decision: If his crew is able to reach him, he'll take their hands and join them. However, if the execution begins before then, he'll accept his punishment.......





Whoa, this is a damn intense chapter! Looks like we finally got confirmation on Haki being effective against Logias, huh? But I think I found the part about Kuma to be the most interesting. I'm guessing that Doflamingo is implying that Kuma is now a "complete" Pacifista at this point. Seeing as he was still incomplete around the time of Thriller Bark (and most likely Sabaody), I guess the former tyrant has now become a complete slave of the government (perhaps even as punishment for helping Luffy's crew).....




Rather disappointed to learn that Jinbei beat Moria so quickly, but I hope that doesn't mean that he's out of the picture yet! It's also awesome to know that Buggy is fighting alongside Whitebeard with his followers (although it's apparently because Whitebeard didn't want those guys to be a burden). Heh, I wonder if Buggy is going to try to sneak in an opportunity to snuff out ol' Newgate now that he's so close by his side.....?




Anyways, the chapter sounds awesome already. Can't wait for the pics.....
marvelB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-29, 09:24   Link #2
andy
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Chapter seem great the boa fan in me is happy. The theory going around seem to be thats why kuma told luffy he would never see him again ,cause he knew that he would not be the same .

Can't wait to find out more.
andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-29, 09:28   Link #3
marvelB
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
By the way, I know that she's protective of Luffy and all, but it wasn't exactly smart of Hancock to attack Smoker. She'll just end up putting her Shichibukai status on thin ice like Jinbei did. And if her position gets revoked, she'll put her island in danger, just like Elder Nyon warned her......
marvelB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-29, 09:44   Link #4
Prestige
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Grand Line
Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
By the way, I know that she's protective of Luffy and all, but it wasn't exactly smart of Hancock to attack Smoker. She'll just end up putting her Shichibukai status on thin ice like Jinbei did. And if her position gets revoked, she'll put her island in danger, just like Elder Nyon warned her......
She never had that high value of Shichibukai title at begin with, she liked but it was never that meaningfull.

When she was originally introduced she even left Momonga alive and didnt react on Nyons pleas just because she didnt just care about it enough.

Hancock have her own reasons to hate WG and everything it represents for, she is also blinded for his love for Luffy and since she is so much after Luffy she cant see Luffy getting killed here.

Also if Marines suffer decisive defeat here then I really doubt that they have anymore sufficient manpower to spare to execute revenge on Amazon-Lily.

I am personally really happy for Boa's decision, go for it Hebihime-sama
Prestige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-29, 10:12   Link #5
andy
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
By the way, I know that she's protective of Luffy and all, but it wasn't exactly smart of Hancock to attack Smoker. She'll just end up putting her Shichibukai status on thin ice like Jinbei did. And if her position gets revoked, she'll put her island in danger, just like Elder Nyon warned her......
Well if smoker was one that was attacking luffy she would have no choice but to help . Right now luffy can't hit smoker and you know there no way smoker going to see luffy and not go after him.
andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-29, 10:29   Link #6
james0246
Senior Member
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: East Cupcake
Go Hancock, kick that old mean Smoker's ass...wait, no, Luffy was supposed to do that...damn. Whatever the case, funny scene. I also like how Whitebeard keeps Buggy by his side simply because he doesn't consider Buggy a threat - it's confirmed then, Buggy will be the next Yonkou, now that he is going to be mistaken for Whitebeard's right hand man .
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-29, 10:30   Link #7
Prestige
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Grand Line
Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
Go Hancock, kick that old mean Smoker's ass...wait, no, Luffy was supposed to do that...damn. Whatever the case, funny scene. I also like how Whitebeard keeps Buggy by his side simply because he doesn't consider Buggy a threat - it's confirmed then, Buggy will be the next Yonkou, now that he is going to be mistaken for Whitebeard's right hand man .
Its funny because it will likely to happen that way
Prestige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-29, 10:37   Link #8
marvelB
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
it's confirmed then, Buggy will be the next Yonkou, now that he is going to be mistaken for Whitebeard's right hand man .

Hellz yeah! Buggy's gonna rise to the top of the world, baby!


Quote:
Originally Posted by andy View Post
Well if smoker was one that was attacking luffy she would have no choice but to help . Right now luffy can't hit smoker and you know there no way smoker going to see luffy and not go after him.

The funny thing is, Hancock didn't really need to intervene because Whitebeard told Marco to protect Luffy, anyway. There may still be a slight chance that Hancock won't get in too much trouble for attacking Smoker (who's already a loose cannon in the marines to begin with), but if she crosses the line any further then she can kiss Amazon Lily goodbye. Just because the marines may be faced with a lack of manpower after this war doesn't mean that the government can't use other means to attack the women's isle (Pacifistas, Cipher Pol, etc.)......
marvelB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-29, 10:37   Link #9
andy
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prestige View Post
Its funny because it will likely to happen that way
I hope not buggy is just annoying . He like satan of DBZ only worst.
andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-29, 10:39   Link #10
AddiKtioNn-BlaCk
Is Your Daddy & Its True
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: In the Sky with the Birds
Dammit, I been waiting all this time for Zoro's Mini-Story and when its finally out there's details about it. I bet they didn't release info on Zoro's mini-story on purpose.

Boa Hancock stepping in to protect Luffy is interesting, I can't wait to see it in the actual chapter. Can't say I'm surprised, I knew Hancock was going to be on Luffy's side, but I thought it would be against someone stronger than Smoker though.

I wonder if Whitebeard recognized Buggy from the Days when he fought against Gol D. Roger like he did with Red-Haired Shanks.

I am so glad One Piece is this entertaining because if it was failing like some others, I would have probably lost interest in manga/anime.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
[i]
The funny thing is, Hancock didn't really need to intervene because Whitebeard told Marco to protect Luffy, anyway. There may still be a slight chance that Hancock won't get in too much trouble for attacking Smoker (who's already a loose cannon in the marines to begin with), but if she crosses the line any further then she can kiss Amazon Lily goodbye. Just because the marines may be faced with a lack of manpower after this war doesn't mean that the government can't use other means to attack the women's isle (Pacifistas, Cipher Pol, etc.)......
Well you can't count Cipher Pol, wasn't Lucci's squad the strongest or something like that. Now that they aren't around, I doubt Cipher Pol is a threat. And you're taking Amazon Lily too lightly, its literally an island full of Haki-user's.
__________________



'̿ ̿ ̿'̿'\̵͇̿̿\з=(̪●)=ε/̵͇̿̿/'̿'̿ ̿ '̿
Weed, there is nothing wrong with it.. Seriously what's so bad about it? Smoking weed and eating out your fridge and laughing at the simple things? Or getting in fights and causing injury and accidents. Beer is the destruction of this nation, Herb is the healer! Don't listen, make your own choices!
AddiKtioNn-BlaCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-29, 10:42   Link #11
marvelB
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy View Post
I hope not buggy is just annoying . He like satan of DBZ only worst.



And yet Mr. Satan ended up being a huge help to Goku near the end of DBZ, despite being a goofy comedy relief. But he's one of my favorite characters too, so I never found him annoying (I just find the goofier characters more interesting for some reason)......




That being said, I still wouldn't be surprised to see a weakling like Buggy rise to the top of the Pirate's Summit through a string of misunderstandings.
marvelB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-29, 10:44   Link #12
andy
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Hellz yeah! Buggy's gonna rise to the top of the world, baby!





The funny thing is, Hancock didn't really need to intervene because Whitebeard told Marco to protect Luffy, anyway. There may still be a slight chance that Hancock won't get in too much trouble for attacking Smoker (who's already a loose cannon in the marines to begin with), but if she crosses the line any further then she can kiss Amazon Lily goodbye. Just because the marines may be faced with a lack of manpower after this war doesn't mean that the government can't use other means to attack the women's isle (Pacifistas, Cipher Pol, etc.)......


Well who know what marco was doing we don't have whole chapter yet. Plus i don't think the WG want any more trouble right now, yeah she help luffy but she was call to kill WB not luffy.
They told her to come and fight WB she did , plus i don't think she really care about he warlords status that much. If they attack amazon lily were going have a whole bunch of haki females pirate running about .

Plus if any thing jinbei and BB are much bigger problems right now.
andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-29, 10:54   Link #13
cheese4u
da big boss
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
I hope this spoiler is true. Especially the part about Moria being KO'ed in one punch. If it is then I'm going to throw an I told you so party for Blackbeard D. Kuma.
__________________
Ya know, when a man works hard his entire life enduring hundreds of ladies, many of whom he does not even remember you'd like to think that at the end of the day he will be given a lot of money, without having had to earn it. -Leon Phelps
cheese4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-29, 11:13   Link #14
Rurik
Golden
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: 9th Temple
Age: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Rather disappointed to learn that Jinbei beat Moria so quickly, but I hope that doesn't mean that he's out of the picture yet! .....
Actually, Not surprised there as I said in the last chapter thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rurik View Post
Everyone of the named Villain in this war has an intended fate with a Principal character, except maybe for Moira, who had his own Arc and was defeated already, so his relevance in the story has been diminished. And can now bee used as Canon Fodder just like Cocodrile.
So, Jimbei fighting Moira here is just to show us how strong Jimbei can really be.
__________________
"when you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth." -
Rurik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-29, 11:29   Link #15
Kusa-San
I'll end it before April.
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by AddiKtioNn-BlaCk View Post
Boa Hancock stepping in to protect Luffy is interesting, I can't wait to see it in the actual chapter. Can't say I'm surprised, I knew Hancock was going to be on Luffy's side, but I thought it would be against someone stronger than Smoker though.
Don't agree. Smoker is strong and it's a good fight for Hancock
__________________
Kusa-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-29, 11:40   Link #16
Prestige
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Grand Line
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kusa-San View Post
Don't agree. Smoker is strong and it's a good fight for Hancock
Yeah afterall he is possessing Logia afterall, even weakest and most coward marine grunt who would have Logia would have to be taken seriosly.

Smoker is pretty badass even without of his fruit and he has Logia of all of them, I think Smoker should be atleast Vice Admiral if not his attidute problems...
Prestige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-29, 11:53   Link #17
Kusa-San
I'll end it before April.
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prestige View Post
Yeah afterall he is possessing Logia afterall, even weakest and most coward marine grunt who would have Logia would have to be taken seriosly.

Smoker is pretty badass even without of his fruit and he has Logia of all of them, I think Smoker should be atleast Vice Admiral if not his attidute problems...
Yep for me Smoker is between an Vice Admiral and an Admiral. And he is Smoker, a badass character
__________________
Kusa-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-29, 11:56   Link #18
andy
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prestige View Post
Yeah afterall he is possessing Logia afterall, even weakest and most coward marine grunt who would have Logia would have to be taken seriosly.

Smoker is pretty badass even without of his fruit and he has Logia of all of them, I think Smoker should be atleast Vice Admiral if not his attidute problems...
yeah i mean people talk about smoker like he weak. But how many people can't even hit smoker in a fight.
andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-29, 12:01   Link #19
cheese4u
da big boss
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
@Kusa-san Woah, between Vice-Admiral and Admiral, hold on now. Smoker's strong, but it would be a huge stretch to put him on par with Aokiji, Kizaru, and Akainu. If he were that strong, then there's no way Luffy would've been able to escape from him for that long in Alabasta. IMO, Smoker is closer in strength to a VA
__________________
Ya know, when a man works hard his entire life enduring hundreds of ladies, many of whom he does not even remember you'd like to think that at the end of the day he will be given a lot of money, without having had to earn it. -Leon Phelps
cheese4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-29, 12:10   Link #20
andy
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheese4u View Post
@Kusa-san Woah, between Vice-Admiral and Admiral, hold on now. Smoker's strong, but it would be a huge stretch to put him on par with Aokiji, Kizaru, and Akainu. If he were that strong, then there's no way Luffy would've been able to escape from him for that long in Alabasta. IMO, Smoker is closer in strength to a VA
Huh

Luffy got save by his bro, then when he saw him again smoker let him go. Any one with logia power mean people can't hit which is huge in a fight . Smoker power might not be as powerfully like the admirals but there are only about 5 or 6 marines that we see that stronger than him.
andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:26.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.