AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2009-09-29, 12:26   Link #21
marvelB
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
I'm still hoping that Moria isn't down for the count, despite getting OHKO'd by Jinbei. Even if Luffy's done with him, the fact that he also wants to become Pirate King (albeit in his own lazy way) should still hold some merit. Furthermore, we still don't know the full history behind him and Kaidou, nor how he ended up losing his old crew in the New World, so those topics should be touched upon at some point......



By the way, it should also be noted that when Smoker got hit by Hancock, he specifically said that it must have been because of the "Kuja's Haki". This brings to mind what Sandersonia told Luffy about how few people outside of the Kuja tribe are able to use Haki. I guess they truly are a unique group of ladies, huh....?
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-29, 12:27   Link #22
Rainbowman
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: 1431 Highland Drive
My review:

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
-The ministory focuses on Zoro, but the details are still unknown right now.
Well I hope we find out what his ministory is called.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
-Luffy fights against Smoker. Unfortunately, he's still unable to damage him at this point. An enraged Hancock attacks Smoker for hurting Luffy. Interestingly enough, the commodore notes that she was able to damage him because of her Haki......
Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Looks like we finally got confirmation on Haki being effective against Logias, huh?
Someone better tell Hancock that Luffy has no love feelings for her. I'm not liking her affections for him one bit. I bet Smoker is reminding her of her position for this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
-Ivankov is still fighting against Kuma. He tries to reason with the Shichibukai, but it's no use. Doflamingo tells Iva that he doesn't know what connection the two of them have, but the Kuma that he's familiar with is already dead......
Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
But I think I found the part about Kuma to be the most interesting. I'm guessing that Doflamingo is implying that Kuma is now a "complete" Pacifista at this point. Seeing as he was still incomplete around the time of Thriller Bark (and most likely Sabaody), I guess the former tyrant has now become a complete slave of the government (perhaps even as punishment for helping Luffy's crew).....
The news that Doflamingo has on Kuma is rather unfortunate. But I wonder if Doflamingo's facts are merely assumptions like Don Quixote assuming that he is a knight?

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
-Jinbei's fighting against Moria. It seems that Moria uses Shadows Asgard against him, but the merman simply knocks him out with a single punch (lol ).
Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Rather disappointed to learn that Jinbei beat Moria so quickly, but I hope that doesn't mean that he's out of the picture yet!
That was quite powerful. I wonder if Jinbei would fight against Doflamingo and Kuma next unless Mihawk happens to intervene.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
-Buggy is fighting by Whitebeard's side. Newgate figured out Sengoku's plans, and gives orders to the NW captains. Ace has reached a decision: If his crew is able to reach him, he'll take their hands and join them. However, if the execution begins before then, he'll accept his punishment.......
Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
It's also awesome to know that Buggy is fighting alongside Whitebeard with his followers (although it's apparently because Whitebeard didn't want those guys to be a burden). Heh, I wonder if Buggy is going to try to sneak in an opportunity to snuff out ol' Newgate now that he's so close by his side.....?
Buggy fighting alongside Whitebeard is great and all, but what was Sengoku's plans that Whitebeard had figured out?
Rainbowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-29, 12:43   Link #23
Kusa-San
I'll end it before April.
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheese4u View Post
@Kusa-san Woah, between Vice-Admiral and Admiral, hold on now. Smoker's strong, but it would be a huge stretch to put him on par with Aokiji, Kizaru, and Akainu. If he were that strong, then there's no way Luffy would've been able to escape from him for that long in Alabasta. IMO, Smoker is closer in strength to a VA
As Andy said, it was because of Ace

And I really think that Smoker is stronger than Vice Admiral but less than Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB
By the way, it should also be noted that when Smoker got hit by Hancock, he specifically said that it must have been because of the "Kuja's Haki". This brings to mind what Sandersonia told Luffy about how few people outside of the Kuja tribe are able to use Haki. I guess they truly are a unique group of ladies, huh....?
Maybe he only said that because he know who is Hancock no ?
__________________
Kusa-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-29, 12:47   Link #24
james0246
Senior Member
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: East Cupcake
Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
I'm still hoping that Moria isn't down for the count, despite getting OHKO'd by Jinbei. Even if Luffy's done with him, the fact that he also wants to become Pirate King (albeit in his own lazy way) should still hold some merit. Furthermore, we still don't know the full history behind him and Kaidou, nor how he ended up losing his old crew in the New World, so those topics should be touched upon at some point......
If nothing else, Oda validated Luffy's victory by showing that Moria will always use Asgard when fighting a powerful opponent.
james0246 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-29, 13:20   Link #25
andy
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
If nothing else, Oda validated Luffy's victory by showing that Moria will always use Asgard when fighting a powerful opponent.
I never thought of that .
andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-29, 13:27   Link #26
Freya
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Southern California.
Age: 23
Send a message via AIM to Freya
Hell no!! If Buggy rises to the top because of some stupid reason....that's just sad. Don't know why you guys like him so much.
__________________
Freya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-29, 13:50   Link #27
Prestige
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Grand Line
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freya View Post
Hell no!! If Buggy rises to the top because of some stupid reason....that's just sad. Don't know why you guys like him so much.
I dont like Buggy, on the contrary I think he is just miserable coward,weak and believes way too much of himself, he also dont give a shit about his followers or crew members, he is pretty damn annoying too.

But still its pretty amusing if someone like Buggy reaches such high position...
His followers believe he is some kind of messiah, next pirate king even when Buggy admitted that every single one of his followers has actually higher bounty than himself...

And Buggy is just FLASHY atleast he is not dull person and atleast something happens when he appears...
Prestige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-29, 14:03   Link #28
marvelB
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freya View Post
Hell no!! If Buggy rises to the top because of some stupid reason....that's just sad. Don't know why you guys like him so much.

Actually, me and james0246 seem to be the only ones who really give a darn about Buggy (and technically Oda as well ), but.... eh, whatever. Diff'rent strokes for diff'rent folks, I guess......




Quote:
Originally Posted by Kusa-San View Post
Maybe he only said that because he know who is Hancock no ?

While that may be true, there are still individuals outside of Amazon Lily who are known Haki users as well (Shanks, Rayleigh). Yet despite that, Smoker still singled out the entire Kuja tribe's usage of it instead of saying something like "She was able to hit me? This must be her (Hancock's) "Haki"!" This suggests to me that Hancock's tribe must be famous for having mastery over an ability that very few people in the outside world can use effectively......
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-29, 14:28   Link #29
noktown
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2006
Ah i think this arc is too obvious :/

Since Luffy can't use his Haki yet he is useless in this arc so what's going to happens is :

The time of Ace's execution comes,someone somehow keeps whitebeard busy(perhaps that's Sengoku's plan)while Ace is getting executed > Luffy goes on rampage > unleashes his Haki > KO's the ones trying to kill Ace > Everyone goes "WOWOWOWOWO" about Luffy's Haki > Luffy saves Ace > the end of the arc.

I hope I'm wrong ;o
noktown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-29, 14:28   Link #30
ZeroForever
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: all and none
Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
If nothing else, Oda validated Luffy's victory by showing that Moria will always use Asgard when fighting a powerful opponent.
well it also doesn't help that his zombies are useless against junbei due to the fact that he can wield salt water.

Either way still waiting on news of the cover story, curious what that title is leaning towards.
__________________
the anti-thesis of myself
ZeroForever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-29, 15:04   Link #31
lonewolf777
Disabled By Request
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Land of tha Heartless
Age: 26
Luffy fighting Smoker and being unable to hit him, only to be saved by Hancock makes me think that the prediction made a while ago about this arc (I think it was either james0246's prediction or marvelB's) that Luffy would finally defeat a Logia user, namely Commodore Smoker, without some gimmick/weakness, is a correct one. I think that Luffy will in the course of the battle realize his Haki and strike Smoker with it, finally being able to hit him and probably defeat him.

Now, as for another prediction that's been circulating, I'm starting to be more in favor of it. It makes sense to me, and that's that Hancock will join the Straw Hats. The whole love sickness thing and being unable to stay in Amazon Lily without dying, with the only cure being following her love makes it seem inevitable. And the fact that she's seemingly willing to give up her Shichibukai status for Luffy only further drives the point home. If she were to lose her status, she couldn't go home, cuz then she would die, so logically, she'd have nowhere to go BUT with Luffy....... I'm enticed to see how it does turn out.

PS: I think it's a nice touch that Oda is making Jinbei into a beast via his pwnage of Moria. There might have been doubts about how strong he was considering he doesn't have any special/Devil fruit powers, but I think there's no question now. Sweet. He gets a big thumbs up from me.
lonewolf777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-29, 15:30   Link #32
Nvis
Grumpy Senior
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Smoker is good defensively(Logia), but really weak offensively. What he's gonna do, suffocate his enemies to death?

All he can do with smoke is probably trap or restrict enemies.

Compared to the Admiral's and Enel's godly offensive abilities.
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-29, 15:49   Link #33
Kusa-San
I'll end it before April.
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by lonewolf777 View Post
Luffy fighting Smoker and being unable to hit him, only to be saved by Hancock makes me think that the prediction made a while ago about this arc (I think it was either james0246's prediction or marvelB's) that Luffy would finally defeat a Logia user, namely Commodore Smoker, without some gimmick/weakness, is a correct one. I think that Luffy will in the course of the battle realize his Haki and strike Smoker with it, finally being able to hit him and probably defeat him.

Now, as for another prediction that's been circulating, I'm starting to be more in favor of it. It makes sense to me, and that's that Hancock will join the Straw Hats. The whole love sickness thing and being unable to stay in Amazon Lily without dying, with the only cure being following her love makes it seem inevitable. And the fact that she's seemingly willing to give up her Shichibukai status for Luffy only further drives the point home. If she were to lose her status, she couldn't go home, cuz then she would die, so logically, she'd have nowhere to go BUT with Luffy....... I'm enticed to see how it does turn out.

PS: I think it's a nice touch that Oda is making Jinbei into a beast via his pwnage of Moria. There might have been doubts about how strong he was considering he doesn't have any special/Devil fruit powers, but I think there's no question now. Sweet. He gets a big thumbs up from me.

Yep I agree, it's a propable scenario and it would be really great and funny to have Hancock in the crew

About Smoker, well I think he can do many think with his power. I mean maybe he can make his smoke as hard as a rock or something like that
__________________
Kusa-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-29, 15:54   Link #34
Prestige
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Grand Line
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kusa-San View Post
Yep I agree, it's a propable scenario and it would be really great and funny to have Hancock in the crew

About Smoker, well I think he can do many think with his power. I mean maybe he can make his smoke as hard as a rock or something like that
Yeah I think it would be awesome if Hancock would join but I think its but unlikely aswell...

But shit... imagine Sanji with same boat as Hancock,Robin and Nami... he would go insane... unless he learns something in Kamabakka-island.

And I dont think Nami and Hancock would fit too good either, both being very authorative as nature...
Prestige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-29, 15:55   Link #35
james0246
Senior Member
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: East Cupcake
This has not been fully confirmed, but if it is, wow.

First info about Zoro's ministory has been released, and it was I have predicted for quite awhile: Ghost-cutting .

Additional info: It is revealed that a special "prison" ability will be used to capture all of the pirates. This was Sengoku's true plan.

Also, Luffy, while fighting Smoker, flashbacks to Rayleigh stopping Kizaru. So, if the spoiler is true, expect a haki-powered Luffy in the next chapter or 2.

Also, Marco is not with Luffy because he went off to fight Kizaru (again).

---

The Zoro cutting ghosts part is what makes me think this might be fake. All of the other islands ahve been very hush-hush and ambiguous on how the various crewmembers would level up, so Oda outright telling us that Zoro is attacking a ghost seems a bit too well-defined.
james0246 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-29, 16:08   Link #36
'Pryde
I am better than you
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Even though smoker is weak offensively he he still has that seastone sword thingy.Now that i think of it whitebeard's earthquake ability prolly wouldn't affect a smoke man. Soooooo unless he has haki he better watch out for smoker! LOL
'Pryde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-29, 16:24   Link #37
marvelB
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Hey, some of us actually predicted the ghost-cutting thing a while back! Looks like Zoro's another step closer to slashing diamond, then the elements......



And it's good to know that there's a reason why Marco didn't protect Luffy right away. The fact that Luffy flashes back to Rayleigh damaging Kizaru is also a definite hint towards his soon-to-be-revealed Haki prowess. And yes, as I already predicted, I suspect that Smoker will soon become Luffy's guinea pig.....




As for the whole prison ability thing, that sorta sounds like a DF power, specifically Hina's. It's probably something different, though. Well, things should be more clear once the pics come out.....
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-29, 17:00   Link #38
cheese4u
da big boss
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kusa-San View Post
As Andy said, it was because of Ace

And I really think that Smoker is stronger than Vice Admiral but less than Admiral



Maybe he only said that because he know who is Hancock no ?
I'm talking about on his way to fight Crocodile.
__________________
Ya know, when a man works hard his entire life enduring hundreds of ladies, many of whom he does not even remember you'd like to think that at the end of the day he will be given a lot of money, without having had to earn it. -Leon Phelps
cheese4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-29, 17:03   Link #39
seiji_kun
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Belgium, Antwerp
Age: 30
That unconfirmed spoiler also has Garp snitching things to WB and Akainu facing Garp cause of it. But it has parts that are the same as Nja's spoiler. Still sceptical cause it could be a guy trolling us and adding things like back when WB's waves took out 50.000 of the marines.

Hancock helping Luffy, wonder if it's due to Smoker trashing chibi Luffy or if it's just cause her love got trashed in orginal form. Well her defending him opens tons of possibilities and AL could be solved in several ways. Kind of don't want to get in to the discussion again cause I've discussed this over and over on an other site. Always been saying I'll shink she joins and Oda sure is giving me more hope.

Zoro's cover, I wonder if we'll have three cover-stories for him like he received three pages when he landed. Well guess technically is was one perona and then two zoros.

Looks like one hell of a great chapter like usual.
__________________
http://cdimg3.crunchyroll.com/i/spire1/d6f0e9bb51ccf01c113566a57c39cea41226394548_full.jp  g
seiji_kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-29, 17:46   Link #40
andy
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheese4u View Post
I'm talking about on his way to fight Crocodile.
You mean when smoker chases after him and them both up in a sea stone cell .
andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 22:10.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.