AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Monogatari Series

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2009-09-15, 09:13   Link #121
Velsy
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magin View Post
Let's not forget that Araragi has the benefit of more or less being unable to die... probably in a hell of a lot of pain, but knows he'll recover from it all... so he has a bit of room for those thoughts
This is one of the parts I get confuzzled by. Supposely Araragi was bitten by a vampire (Shinobu is my no.1 suspect!) then with Oshinos help, his vampirism was removed and reverted back to human thus being considered mortal again. Tho it seems he retained darkvision and vampirc regeneration traits. Now see the spoiler to continue

Spoiler for *Episode 8 spoiler*:
__________________

Donated by Om Nerabdator
Velsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-15, 09:22   Link #122
thefeared
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Velsy View Post
This is one of the parts I get confuzzled by. Supposely Araragi was bitten by a vampire (Shinobu is my no.1 suspect!) then with Oshinos help, his vampirism was removed and reverted back to human thus being considered mortal again. Tho it seems he retained darkvision and vampirc regeneration traits. Now see the spoiler to continue

Spoiler for *Episode 8 spoiler*:
Not exactly.
Spoiler for Episode 8 Spoiler:
thefeared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-15, 12:22   Link #123
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: On the whole, I'd rather be in Kyoto ...
Age: 57
If you rewatch ep 8 carefully, you'll note they even mention how he prepared for the fight as poster "thefeared" notes.
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-16, 12:34   Link #124
Velsy
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Got yas

and Vexx, what do you mean by thefeared notes ?
__________________

Donated by Om Nerabdator
Velsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-16, 12:44   Link #125
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: On the whole, I'd rather be in Kyoto ...
Age: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by Velsy View Post
Got yas

and Vexx, what do you mean by thefeared notes ?
Was trying to refer to his spoilered post without actually spoilering
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-17, 04:56   Link #126
Velsy
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
oh I get it now...

keke my mistake ^_^
__________________

Donated by Om Nerabdator
Velsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-28, 09:11   Link #127
Blablabla
Zetsubo-sensei daaaaaa !!
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
That last ep' with the bento scene, the "Otooou san Araragi is calling you", and the stargazing moment, made me realize how Senjougahara looks like a girl I dated few years ago. Even if "D" was not in sexual teasing like Hitagi, the shared many faces of Bakemono's heroine personality, especially the loving malicious ones.
Well, she didn't threat me with a pencil, but kept minutes inspecting my shirts, searching for suspicious "hair", but brought me on a Mediterranean beach to watch and teach me about stars.
Those were sweet moments, indeed.
__________________
Tchhhuuuuuri-pu wa kaze ni ikata no kyou kou mu ita....
Blablabla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-30, 04:30   Link #128
dave1992
Hinagiku Fans
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Under the sea
Send a message via Yahoo to dave1992 Send a message via Skype™ to dave1992
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blablabla View Post
That last ep' with the bento scene, the "Otooou san Araragi is calling you", and the stargazing moment, made me realize how Senjougahara looks like a girl I dated few years ago. Even if "D" was not in sexual teasing like Hitagi, the shared many faces of Bakemono's heroine personality, especially the loving malicious ones.
Well, she didn't threat me with a pencil, but kept minutes inspecting my shirts, searching for suspicious "hair", but brought me on a Mediterranean beach to watch and teach me about stars.
Those were sweet moments, indeed.
So, although she didn't threat you with a pencil, she ever stapled you and put a cutter on your mouth, right? She also eat your ear and plug her finger into your eyes...
dave1992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-30, 16:02   Link #129
Blablabla
Zetsubo-sensei daaaaaa !!
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Well... she just...
Spoiler for extreme violence:
__________________
Tchhhuuuuuri-pu wa kaze ni ikata no kyou kou mu ita....

Last edited by Blablabla; 2009-09-30 at 16:32.
Blablabla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-30, 16:52   Link #130
shaolinx
Kani Fascination
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave1992 View Post
So, although she didn't threat you with a pencil, she ever stapled you and put a cutter on your mouth, right? She also eat your ear and plug her finger into your eyes...
Any real girl that does any of those things should seek immdeiate medical attention(excluding the ear nibble o course) :P. Hitagi is probably the only yandere character that is able to get people to scream 'moe' after she killed someone(myself included).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blablabla View Post
Well... she just...
Spoiler for extreme violence:
Please tell me you dump the psycho >.>
__________________
Android Simplicity: Android How Tos, Android Apps, Android USB drivers
All the Android you will never need
www.AndroidSim.net
shaolinx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-30, 21:59   Link #131
justinstrife
Queen Sheryl's Protector
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: John Galt Railroad
Age: 34
Send a message via AIM to justinstrife Send a message via Skype™ to justinstrife
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaolinx View Post
Any real girl that does any of those things should seek immdeiate medical attention(excluding the ear nibble o course) :P. Hitagi is probably the only yandere character that is able to get people to scream 'moe' after she killed someone(myself included).



Please tell me you dump the psycho >.>
Some people are masochists...
justinstrife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-21, 22:29   Link #132
Full Metal Coast
-Gantzer-
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Perth, Western Australia - Down Where The City Meets The Sea
Age: 25
hitagi is now officially my favourite Tsundere now.
__________________
Full Metal Coast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-26, 14:18   Link #133
SageGaiGar
You are Next
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: NE USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Full Metal Coast View Post
hitagi is now officially my favourite Tsundere now.
Well technically it's kuu-dere with a spicy splash of yan. Tsundere's over used. Maybe Uber'menche' of 'tsundere' type but she goes beyond defining as tsundere.
__________________
sig courtesy of Haak and Natsuki Hyuga
Friends don't let friends CB
SageGaiGar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-26, 21:06   Link #134
Full Metal Coast
-Gantzer-
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Perth, Western Australia - Down Where The City Meets The Sea
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by SageGaiGar View Post
Well technically it's kuu-dere with a spicy splash of yan. Tsundere's over used. Maybe Uber'menche' of 'tsundere' type but she goes beyond defining as tsundere.
that is a way better way to put it i felt a bit uncomfortable classifying her in the Tsundere catagory but i didnt know how else to describe her.

i have alsways thought of a Tsundere as Kaname Chidori, Shana, Louise Valliere, Asaki Taiga etc. but grouping Senjogahara in this group does not do her justice as she is on a complete other level of awsomeness.
__________________
Full Metal Coast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-27, 13:52   Link #135
Zetsubo
著述遮断
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Hanekawa Tsubasa calls her a Tsundere.

Oshino Meme calls her a Tsundere.

Hachikuji Mayoi calls her a Tsundere.

Senjougahara Hitagi herself identifies as a Tsundere.

Only Araragi Koyomi turns it and calls her a Tundra.

Who are we to question the wisdom of the people that actually have to "live and interact with her"

LOL !!1
Zetsubo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-27, 14:05   Link #136
SageGaiGar
You are Next
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: NE USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zetsubo View Post
Hanekawa Tsubasa calls her a Tsundere.

Oshino Meme calls her a Tsundere.

Hachikuji Mayoi calls her a Tsundere.

Senjougahara Hitagi herself identifies as a Tsundere.

Only Araragi Koyomi turns it and calls her a Tundra.

Who are we to question the wisdom of the people that actually have to "live and interact with her"

LOL !!1
Self-parody maybe?

Well She does fulfill certain 'criteria' for ye olde basic Tsundere archetype.

Ojou-sama? Check. (But actually poor)
Verbally cold and abusive? Check.
Lonely? Check.
Love-love side? Check. (but wonderfully subtle)

There's some other basics but she differs in her usage of physical violence (and sheer awesomeness).
__________________
sig courtesy of Haak and Natsuki Hyuga
Friends don't let friends CB
SageGaiGar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-27, 20:15   Link #137
Full Metal Coast
-Gantzer-
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Perth, Western Australia - Down Where The City Meets The Sea
Age: 25
shes a hybrid tsundere. first of her kind.

she could also be classified as a bit of a yandere as well as she is sort of like Yuno Gasai in Future Diary (except no to the same psychotic extent that Yuno is).
__________________
Full Metal Coast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-27, 20:23   Link #138
gaffer7
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Here, there and everywhere
I was also finding it a little difficult to classify Senjougahara into a female archetype, I guess it's just because of her uniqueness as a character. Interesting that she's called a tsundere in the anime, because that's not really a personality I would have associated with her, at least not fully. Maybe she's just a good mix of a number of different personality types done very well
__________________
gaffer7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-27, 20:31   Link #139
JokerD
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Hitagi must have a crazy nose, since she's able to smell Tsubasa's scent at the playgound back in ep 5. That or Tsubasa is using very strong perfume, lol

I always wondered if Hitagi detecting Tsubasa's presence at the playgound kinda 'advanced the timetable' for Hitagi and made her confess to Araragi on the spot...
JokerD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-27, 21:04   Link #140
Zetsubo
著述遮断
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by JokerD View Post
Hitagi must have a crazy nose, since she's able to smell Tsubasa's scent at the playgound back in ep 5. That or Tsubasa is using very strong perfume, lol

I always wondered if Hitagi detecting Tsubasa's presence at the playgound kinda 'advanced the timetable' for Hitagi and made her confess to Araragi on the spot...
Hitagi and Tsubasa are contrast of each other.

Because of this... Hitagi is very aware that Tsubasa is a "competitor".

Hitagi's only concrete move to beat Tsubasa for Koymi is ... to do something Tsubasa is not likely to do.

Thus... she confessed outright... after much testing and beating around the bush.

She did tell him she was testing him... and he was cluless about what.

Conveniently for Hitagi, Koyomi feels the same way and likes her more than Hanekawa... so she lucked in.

In episode 2 Hitagi probed Araragi about the nature of his relationship with Hanekawa.

Remember the lines ... "don't worry I'll keep it a secret from Hanekawa-san" during the "are you a virgin" act ?

Also rememebr, she pointed out that her assumptions about Hanekawa being his crush was because they (Koyomi and Tsubasa) were always together.

If Hanekawa is as smart as Senjougahara knows she is, then that means Hanekawa is well aware of Araragi's good qualities... it would only be a matter of time before Hanekawa made a move. She is always with him after school... so the odds were in Hanekawas favour.

Hitagi was not going to wait... not on that.

Notice also when Kanbaru went on a date with Koyomi, it prompted Senjougahara to move a step rapidly forward and ask Koyomi out herself. Asking her Father for help for the date as well.

In a way... Kanbaru having a great time with Koyomi rattled Hitagi's nerves abit.

Which Hanekawa warned Koyomi about.. He can't be too mice to Kanbaru or other women.

The way I sum it up... when Hitagi moves, she moves decisively and with maximum momentum.

Her punches are hard.

Like a sledghammer to a wall. She will succeed.
Zetsubo is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
tsundere

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:13.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.