AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2009-09-30, 11:15   Link #4141
SaintessHeart
Ehh? EEEEHHHHHH?
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by TinyRedLeaf View Post
Be glad that we live in a place so bloody small that these disasters often miss us.
__________________

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-30, 11:20   Link #4142
chikorita157
ひきこもりアイドル
*IT Support
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: New Jersey, United States
Age: 24
Send a message via Skype™ to chikorita157
Quote:
Originally Posted by LynnieS View Post
Facebook pulls poll on the killing of Obama
Ah, the wonders of free speech - or the lack thereof possibly. You are allowed to poll people on the subject of killing a sitting head of state, or have your poll pulled by security personnel. This should be a fun little trial if it gets that far...
It's not freedom of speech when you threaten to harm someone or kill. There are limits in freedom of speech and if you say the wrong thing, there are going to be consequences. This doesn't mean there are limits on things you can say. Everyone have freedom of thought, but not speech although you can freely express your ideas within legal boundaries... You can't simply shout fire in a crowded theater when there is no fire and think that you can get away with it.
__________________
chikorita157 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-30, 11:21   Link #4143
Cipher
.....
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
Be glad that we live in a place so bloody small that these disasters often miss us.
That is the truth. Humans have that tendency to be glad, if troubles are on others instead of theirs. But please understand that its definitely nothing positive.
Cipher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-30, 11:39   Link #4144
Shadow Kira01
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: PMB Headquarters
American arrested in Japan for kidnapping own kids

I was going to post this in the strange and silly news' section but it appears that this is no laughing matter as that it has become a diplomatic issue involving multiple nations.

Apparently, the American male had abducted his own children when they were walking with his former wife on the streets, got them into a car and drove them for to the American embassy before getting arrested for kidnapping. *laugh* Personally, I find this somewhat of a laughing matter.

Why does the guy want to abduct his children when he has already remarried and will most likely have new children. Makes little sense.. In fact, is his new wife going to be happy at the idea of marrying a guy with kids? Obviously, I cannot see how this is developing into a diplomatic conflict. This sort of case is actually very common.
__________________
Shadow Kira01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-30, 13:55   Link #4145
Knight Hawk
Lurker
 
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: New York City
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow Kira01 View Post
American arrested in Japan for kidnapping own kids

I was going to post this in the strange and silly news' section but it appears that this is no laughing matter as that it has become a diplomatic issue involving multiple nations.

Apparently, the American male had abducted his own children when they were walking with his former wife on the streets, got them into a car and drove them for to the American embassy before getting arrested for kidnapping. *laugh* Personally, I find this somewhat of a laughing matter.

Why does the guy want to abduct his children when he has already remarried and will most likely have new children. Makes little sense.. In fact, is his new wife going to be happy at the idea of marrying a guy with kids? Obviously, I cannot see how this is developing into a diplomatic conflict. This sort of case is actually very common.
Page back Shadow Kira ->
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hage-bai View Post
Interesting abduction case off cnn. Seems this is not unusual in marital disputes. Hope the guy is released and can get his kids back.

http://www.cnn.com/2009/WORLD/asiapc...ion/index.html
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamui4356 View Post
So basicly, his wife kidnapped their children and fled to Japan, and he tried to kidnap their children back? Call me crazy, but neither of them would seem to be very fit parents of they both thought kidnapping was a good idea.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
The officials in Japan have an absolutely horrendous record when it comes to this sort of event (spouse runs home to Japan with kids illegally) in terms of working with the US. I can see why he thought it was his only option -- though it effectively rules out any chances he has unless he can force it to the world stage and embarrass the government sufficiently.
This story reminds me of this ->
Dad fights for son taken to Brazil four years ago
Nightmare began when late wife took boy: ‘I’ve been desperately fighting’

Quote:
It is like a nightmare for David Goldman, except that when he wakes up, it is still there. His son Sean, abducted to Brazil by the boy’s mother four years ago, remains almost in sight but always out of reach, in defiance of the laws of two nations and the world.
In both cases the wife abducts the kid(s) and takes them to thier home country away from US law. But in this current story the wife loses the custody case and without fighting it legally she takes the kids and runs for it to the safety of her home country.

IMO though, it's pretty fucked up that he got arrested taking his kids back from the kidnapper.
__________________
--A dream called "Youth". We'll eventually wake up from this dream, but the memories will continue to endure. - Karasuma, School Rumble
--Today you are You, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You. - Dr. Seuss
Knight Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-30, 15:02   Link #4146
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
The officials in Japan have an absolutely horrendous record when it comes to this sort of event (spouse runs home to Japan with kids illegally) in terms of working with the US. I can see why he thought it was his only option -- though it effectively rules out any chances he has unless he can force it to the world stage and embarrass the government sufficiently.
Why Japan in particular? We(France)'ve got a case like that in the news every few months or years. The last was Russia, but offhand, I remember couples where one spouse was Marocan, Algerian, American...

What happens in general is that one country declares custody for its citizen, the other spouse abducts the kids and takes them home, where the other county will grant custody to its citizen. Doesn't matter what the countries are. Obviously, cases where both parents are reasonable never make the news, so we don't hear about them.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-30, 18:00   Link #4147
Neki Ecko
Do you "love" me
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Everett, Washington
Age: 34
Send a message via Yahoo to Neki Ecko
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamui4356 View Post
So basicly, his wife kidnapped their children and fled to Japan, and he tried to kidnap their children back? Call me crazy, but neither of them would seem to be very fit parents of they both thought kidnapping was a good idea.
I think that she isnt fit for being a parent and the guy was trying to take back his kids after she kidnapping them in the first place. I think that Japan may want to started looking at this and changed it because of this incident. I hope that this doesnt happened to me too (moving back to the states with my Japanese wife with my daugther)
__________________
Neki Ecko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-30, 18:28   Link #4148
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Freedom Guard Ship Amaterasu
Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Well part of the problem is Japan never signed nor does it look like it will anytime in the future to sign the Hague Convention treaty. In my mind i think its because the Japanese government really doesnt want to get involved in personal matter such as custody of children. It easier for them to keep the status quo of if a divorce occurs the children go with the mother. If children are born to a American mother and Japanese father the Japanese father is recognized as the parent and vice verse. Im not sure why this case is getting such a huge spotlight there hundreds of these cases every year. But make no mistake this women knew what she was doing when she took the children. However before she left the courts (which she was legally bound to listen to) forbid her for traveling out of the country with the children without the courts consent. A arrest warrant was also issued for her for breaking the court order. I feel bad for the guy but he also should have tried going to the consult first and making his claim before trying to take children. He will probably be released after some talks between Japanese and US diplomats but he has little to no hope of getting his children its very sad. I dont think anyone could understand unless your parents the pain of having your children ripped from you its a pain no one other than a parent can understand but in the end the only real truth is that the ones who are suffering the most is the kids as it always is in a case like this.

Here is another one for today people seem to be up and arms about.

Empire State building goes red to honor China

Quote:
NEW YORK - Critics of China's communist government are protesting plans to light the top of New York's Empire State Building red and yellow to honor that nation's 60th anniversary.

Several supporters of Tibet protested Wednesday outside the iconic building, where a lighting ceremony is planned. The building often changes its lighting colors to mark holidays and big events.

Democratic Congressman Anthony Weiner of New York says the lights should not be used to pay tribute to what he called "a nation with a shameful history on human rights."
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/33100000/ns/us_news-life

Honestly it doesn't bother me one way or another.
__________________
Sinestra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-30, 19:22   Link #4149
Thingle
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Imperial Manila, Philippines
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
Be glad that we live in a place so bloody small that these disasters often miss us.
Thanks to big oil and their suv driving, co2 spewing, global warming denying sheep . Hope one day they too drown in the floods they help create.
Thingle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-30, 19:58   Link #4150
mg1942
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thingle View Post
Thanks to big oil and their suv driving, co2 spewing, global warming denying sheep . Hope one day they too drown in the floods they help create.
dude no one's denying global warming

there's global warming, there are those who acknowledge that global warming is due to abnormal solar activity, while the rest gives a wee bit too much credit to Al Gore's() man-made version.
mg1942 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-30, 20:08   Link #4151
Shadow Kira01
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: PMB Headquarters
3 gang members nabbed for importing 120 kg of illegal drugs

Quote:
Three Japanese gang members have been arrested on suspicion of importing some 120 kilograms of illegal stimulant drugs with an estimated value of about 12 billion yen from China to Japan, investigative authorities said Wednesday.
I can't believe it. The Inagawa-kai is also importing drugs, even though the biggest underworld organization seems to be doing the same thing. 120 kilogram is no doubt a very small amount, even if its heroine. The guys will probably get released soon enough. I guess we can only blame the former Aso Cabinet for the failing economy that the demand of using chemical substances had increased.

Considering that the usage of chemical substances have been around for centuries and that the demand for it never ceases, I think the idea of legalizing it in which the government makes a profit will possibly give a strong boost to the economy. Quite a brilliant idea...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neki Ecko View Post
I think that she isnt fit for being a parent and the guy was trying to take back his kids after she kidnapping them in the first place. I think that Japan may want to started looking at this and changed it because of this incident. I hope that this doesnt happened to me too (moving back to the states with my Japanese wife with my daugther)
From the sound of that, it gives the impression that there is a lack of understanding and trust between you and your wife to the point that you have plans for divorce. Hope you won't end of abducting kids too...
__________________

Last edited by Shadow Kira01; 2009-10-01 at 16:17. Reason: I got the Inagawa-kai mixed up with Sumiyoshi-rengo.
Shadow Kira01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-30, 20:22   Link #4152
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Singapore
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thingle View Post
Thanks to big oil and their suv driving, co2 spewing, global warming denying sheep . Hope one day they too drown in the floods they help create.
Well, the other big disasters, besides the watery ones, were earthquakes. Last I heard, global warming doesn't contribute to worse earthquakes.
__________________
Those from the lower levels cannot hope to surpass those from the upper.

RIP, Oba-chan (1935-2008)
yezhanquan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-30, 22:56   Link #4153
Neki Ecko
Do you "love" me
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Everett, Washington
Age: 34
Send a message via Yahoo to Neki Ecko
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow Kira01 View Post

From the sound of that, it gives the impression that there is a lack of understanding and trust between you and your wife to the point that you have plans for divorce. Hope you won't end of abducting kids too...
Right now, there is no problems with me and my wife but down the line in about couple of years, what will happen if things didnt work out and we did get a divorce. I do understand and trust my wife, but you always have to think "what if"
__________________
Neki Ecko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-01, 01:32   Link #4154
npcomplete
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Augmented Google Earth Gets Real-Time People, Cars, Clouds


yet
npcomplete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-01, 02:48   Link #4155
mg1942
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
A BBC editorial puts a different spin on why Japan's population is declining...
http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/worldtoni...ng_nation.html
mg1942 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-01, 06:04   Link #4156
Shadow Kira01
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: PMB Headquarters
FOCUS: Japan, China vie for leadership in creating E. Asia group

Quote:
Japanese Foreign Minister Katsuya Okada and his Chinese counterpart, Yang Jiechi, agreed during talks Monday in Shanghai that the two countries will work together toward the creation of an East Asian community for closer regional cooperation.

Yang cited finance, energy and the environment as key areas for cooperation. Okada said policy coordination should start from areas such as anti-influenza measures, public health, energy and the environment before gradually moving to political fields, a process similar to the one the 27-nation European Union has undergone.

But the ministers stopped short of discussing sensitive issues such as which countries should be included in a regional grouping.

Hatoyama has yet to unveil details, including membership and areas of cooperation, in his proposal.
Quote:
In contrast, Okada has said that an East Asian community would involve ''India and Australia,'' suggesting that Japan envisions a 16-nation community involving the ASEAN states, Japan, China, South Korea, Australia, India and New Zealand.

Okada said Japan currently is not considering including the United States in the group. But given its alliance with Washington, Japan can serve as a ''connector'' between the United States and an envisaged 16-member community, he said.

Zhou said China does not mean to exclude countries other than the 13 it envisions. ''The top priority of the plan is to develop local economies. Dragging too many countries into it is not practical in the first phase,'' Zhou was quoted as saying.
Although Japan and China both seeks to build a successful "East Asian Community" but it appears that there seems to be somewhat of a disagreement in concept, mainly because both nations have different allies. However, considering that the European Union currently have a total of 27-members, I don't see why this ideal will become unsuccessful as that the initial number is only 16+1.

Actually, the only way for the East Asian Community to become a second European Union is to cooperate in areas of politics and the military as well as the common issues such as finance, energy, the environment, and food safety. Otherwise, it wouldn't be any different than regular bilateral ties. Nonetheless, if China is willing to cooperate and expand the idea, it should work out to some degree.

----

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neki Ecko View Post
Right now, there is no problems with me and my wife but down the line in about couple of years, what will happen if things didnt work out and we did get a divorce. I do understand and trust my wife, but you always have to think "what if"
Why hadn't you think of "what if" before the marriage or before having kids?

Thinking of "what if" right before moving back to the United States from Japan is just...
__________________
Shadow Kira01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-01, 06:11   Link #4157
SaintessHeart
Ehh? EEEEHHHHHH?
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by npcomplete View Post
You know what? They should license the Dunia Engine from Ubisoft to create more realistic maps. The last time I checked, people are still doing crazy things with the editor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neki Ecko View Post
Right now, there is no problems with me and my wife but down the line in about couple of years, what will happen if things didnt work out and we did get a divorce. I do understand and trust my wife, but you always have to think "what if"
Though you don't post much, I doubt you should have a problem with your wife and kids. IMO, fear of loss and lack of trust are the two main problems that usually break up families. If you have little or no problems with either, your marriage should work out. Just don't let your kids touch Marimite without pointing out to them that the work is purely fiction and fantasy, and don't drink or smoke.

Quote:
Although Japan and China both seeks to build a successful "East Asian Community" but it appears that there seems to be somewhat of a disagreement in concept, mainly because both nations have different allies. However, considering that the European Union currently have a total of 27-members, I don't see why this ideal will become unsuccessful as that the initial number is only 16+1.

Actually, the only way for the East Asian Community to become a second European Union is to cooperate in areas of politics and the military as well as the common issues such as finance, energy, the environment, and food safety. Otherwise, it wouldn't be any different than regular bilateral ties. Nonetheless, if China is willing to cooperate and expand the idea, it should work out to some degree.
I agree. One of the greatest hurdle built in EA last century is done by the Cold War and WWII. It is about time to dismantle it. Like what Hatoyama said, this century is going to be a multi-polared world, and will be increasingly competitive. The losers are the isolated ones, and the winners are those who have the most allies on their side.
__________________

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.

Last edited by SaintessHeart; 2009-10-01 at 06:24.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-01, 12:04   Link #4158
Ledgem
Love Yourself
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Northeast USA
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow Kira01 View Post
Why would anybody want to ban cigarettes after legalizing cannabis?

I think both tobacco and cannabis would definitely prevent lots of gunfights, as well as help recover the economy as that there is a huge demand for both products. Generally, I support lowering the taxes on tobacco and legalizing marijuana. Great idea!
Recover the economy? Sure, maybe in the short term - you should move to America and try to become a CEO, you'd probably make it with that sort of thinking.

Tobacco causes a crapload of negative health consequences, which detracts from your workforce and strains the healthcare system more than it already is. Combine it with America's obesity problem for buckets of fun. Of course, an outright ban isn't the answer at this point in time - its influence needs to be cut back first, so that the majority opinion will see it as the unhealthy activity that it is, rather than something "cool" or even acceptable. Raising the costs of it, combined with the various ad campaigns against smoking, seem to be working well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow Kira01 View Post
Why hadn't you think of "what if" before the marriage or before having kids?
When it comes to love and something that you'd hope would last for the rest of your life, you can do all the thinking you want, but things will change in ways that you can't even imagine. Or would you propose that people just not do anything out of fear that some negative consequence could arise? Just wish Neki Ecko well.
__________________
Ledgem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-01, 13:32   Link #4159
Jinto
Asuki-tan Kairin ↓
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Fürth (GER)
Age: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by mg1942 View Post
A BBC editorial puts a different spin on why Japan's population is declining...
http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/worldtoni...ng_nation.html
The author claims japan is dying. Its just reballancing. There is a limit to all growth (earth/countries have limited resources). I guess the numbers rise and fall until it reaches an equilibirum. But I guess this requires a global equilibrium of the world population too.
Jinto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-01, 13:50   Link #4160
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Even if it's just the country balancing itself, it could be The End Of Japan As We Know It. You can't tell me their pyramid of ages looks good, or that the sudden influx of immigrant and/or the aging of their population will be without consequences.

Then again, the steam engine was the end of the World As Our Ancestors Knew It. That sort of things happens. So I'm not that worried.

Last edited by Anh_Minh; 2009-10-01 at 14:59.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
current affairs, discussion, international, news

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:04.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.