AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Games

Notices

Old 2009-10-01, 13:33   Link #741
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

LOL @ Rachel's complete list of nerfing, the only combos that I think can work is the BNB ground and air combos, nothing more than that. Rachel is stripped of every single thing she had that made her top tier, she has absolutely nothing now lol. Definitely looking forward to the improvements next test.

But awesome that Bang has become a much better character, he'll be sticking as my sub for some time I guess.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-01, 14:34   Link #742
germanturkey
Smiling Monster

i'm hoping that eventually they'll change things around enough that the top tier will be top tier again and everyone else will be distributed evenly.

that said, apparently Lambda wasn't nerfed nearly as much as everyone thought. her attacks are one frame more delayed (game runs at 60fps, so change isn't that major i think) and she gets an Eddie drill attack rather than Sickle Storm.

the biggest ugh for me is that that dd > 4dd no longer combos

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-01, 18:02   Link #743
Trogdor Jube
Surprise buttsecks?

HELL TO THE YES! TAGER BUFFS FTW!

Gonna have to get adjusted to the new FEVER more for Arakune though.
Old 2009-10-01, 18:30   Link #744
SonOfHeaven
Metal Gear!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroForever View Post
hmm reading the results from the first location test apparently so far in the patch Bang, Hakuman, and Tager got super buffed to broken levels while Rachel, Jin, Noel, Lamda, Arakune got nerfed. Everyone else seems to have minor changes.

Next location test should have Hazuma so that should be interesting.

Edit- link to a consolidated location test changes post.

http://s1.zetaboards.com/blazblue/topic/2339886/1/#new
Nice to see Ragna didn't change too much. Great to see Dead spike being better. Since I already use dead spike alot. I'm all for the upgrade especially with the new guard libra system. His SRK being better is made of win as well.

Tsubaki seems alot like Order Sol which is an good thing considering he was an secondary main in GGAC. Going to put more time in training her than anyone else.

Last edited by SonOfHeaven; 2009-10-02 at 02:16.
SonOfHeaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-01, 21:04   Link #745
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.A. View Post
LOL @ Rachel's complete list of nerfing, the only combos that I think can work is the BNB ground and air combos, nothing more than that. Rachel is stripped of every single thing she had that made her top tier, she has absolutely nothing now lol. Definitely looking forward to the improvements next test.
Really irritating. I actually convinced myself to not buy this game with all the nerfing they did to her, but I realize thats just stupid (I do want to play Tsubaki after all). I'll just have to play the original BlazBlue to get my Rachel fix.
Old 2009-10-01, 21:15   Link #746
germanturkey
Smiling Monster

there will be many more location tests before the changes are final. trust me, Tager won't be top tier when its all said and done. nor will Rachel be bottom tier.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
Old 2009-10-01, 23:34   Link #747
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Send a message via Skype™ to Duo Maxwell
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuidoHunter_Toki View Post
Really irritating. I actually convinced myself to not buy this game with all the nerfing they did to her, but I realize thats just stupid (I do want to play Tsubaki after all). I'll just have to play the original BlazBlue to get my Rachel fix.
Don't be so hasty. Remember, doing too well in the location test doesn't mean a good thing. Everyone can see that the nerf is kind of overboard, and they will get thing fixed later.

Although I can see myself struggle to adjust with the new Rachel. No matter what, I'll still main Rachel.

More screens:
http://japan.gamespot.com/arcade/new...0400858,00.htm

As always, the BG is gorgeous.

Last edited by Duo Maxwell; 2009-10-02 at 07:47.
Duo Maxwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-02, 10:13   Link #748
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
As always, the BG is gorgeous.
Indeed. Truly breathtaking.

Here's a nice piece of blue themed fanart i'm sure some of you will like.

Old 2009-10-02, 14:40   Link #749
germanturkey
Smiling Monster

Spoiler for Ragnya x Nu:

Old 2009-10-02, 19:10   Link #750
Lemons
Jazzy

I'm glad Jin is getting nerfed.

From trying to get the Dante achievement (Beat arcade mode, on hell mode) he was annoying as hell to beat with Ragna. He literally spammed his counter, froze me, then did his astral finish. Not to mention his fighting style is incredibly easy to master.

Tager, i'm not that worried about, he's easy if you use a long range character like Hakumen, Rachel, or even spamming Ragna's Gauntlet Hades on the poor guy.

I have a feeling i'm going to love Hazama's fighting style. :3
Old 2009-10-02, 19:13   Link #751
Clarste
Human

Uh... the point is that they're different now. Tager used to be like that, but then they buffed him in several ways as seen in the latest location test. The question now is whether or not they overcompensated. How he used to be is irrelevant to the new balance.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-02, 19:36   Link #752
Lemons
Jazzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarste View Post
Uh... the point is that they're different now. Tager used to be like that, but then they buffed him in several ways as seen in the latest location test. The question now is whether or not they overcompensated. How he used to be is irrelevant to the new balance.

I know, I took the information from the buffs, and compared that could beat him with theirs respectively. I'm especially happy for the less magnetism time.
Old 2009-10-02, 23:19   Link #753
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
Some October 3rd/4th location test changes:

Rachel can seemingly do frog combos again.
Rachel's new Distortion Drive no longer consumes entire wind guage, though its effects are still dependent on how full the guage is.
Tsubaki's charge speed is now equal to Accent Core Order Sol.
Old 2009-10-02, 23:24   Link #754
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Send a message via Skype™ to Duo Maxwell
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemons View Post
Tager, i'm not that worried about, he's easy if you use a long range character like Hakumen, Rachel, or even spamming Ragna's Gauntlet Hades on the poor guy.
You know, I don't believe Rachel as a long range character before.

What I'm worry about is if the new game come out, and there is no Nu-13, then I only ask them to at least keep the BGM "Awakening the Chaos" in. God, I love that BGM.

I wonder if there will be unique BGM for a certain match up, like Noel - Tsubaki or Jin - Tsubaki, or they will just use the Imperial Code for all of those.

Btw, the new loketest is undergoing right now. About Rachel....
Quote:
Frog combos are back it seems.

new super doesn't use wind but may depend on current wind stock. Damage reduction. May require actual wind usuage. many questions to be answered here.

Still will not recharge wind immediatley but not as bad as loc test 1. Also, it seems wind recharge penalty only applies when you have less than half or something. Need confirming.
Seems like they've realized that stripping everything from Rachel is a bad idea. I don't mind if she is getting nerfed a little bit, and isn't a top tier anymore, so there will be less Rachel players out there (selfish bastard, I know ). I've always loved to play underrated character, and Rachel is first exception.

[edit]
Geez....being ninja-ed again.
Old 2009-10-03, 21:21   Link #755
Trogdor Jube
Surprise buttsecks?

I'll find the link later but apparently people have said that at the location test there is one more empty slot.
Old 2009-10-04, 00:00   Link #756
shmaster
Hanged Man & Chariot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
I wonder if there will be unique BGM for a certain match up, like Noel - Tsubaki or Jin - Tsubaki, or they will just use the Imperial Code for all of those.
On the topic of music. I think they really need to prepare new BGM for Litichi-Bang, Ragna-Hakumen, and Jin-Hakumen. And I bet Rachel-Hazama is going to have a seperate theme too.
shmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-04, 13:22   Link #757
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

king of pop anyone

all thats missing is moonwalk
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-04, 17:16   Link #758
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

Hazama may have just jumped to my second favorite character after watching that.

He seems to be sporting an attack that reminds me of Scorpion from Mortal Kombat.
Old 2009-10-04, 18:27   Link #759
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

lol I'm quite convinced that Hazama is a mega homage to lots of things.

Besides his Drive looking like Scorpion's attack, he has Rugal's famous Genocide Cutter, Thouther's Kyokusei Jyuji Ken etc.

But most importantly he has Slayer's taunt as his winning action lol, because of this I may give him a try lol
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-05, 00:18   Link #760
SilverSyko
The Anti-Otaku

Send a message via Skype™ to SilverSyko
I have no clue if this was posted already or not and I'm not gonna search all 38 pages of the topic so let me know if it has.

Anyway this started a while ago, but I found something very funny. BlazBlue Radio! Starring the seiyuu of Ragna, Noel and Tsubaki.

S'only the prolouge but it's the only episode I've found so far that's been translated. I hope someone does the rest soon.~

Tags
3ds, arc system works, arcade, fighting, ps vita, ps3, psp, windows, xbox360