AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Bleach

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2009-10-08, 05:04   Link #1161
Cooler1339
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
When will bleach movies be as good as DBZ movies =\. All non-manga bleach characters just look dumb too.
Cooler1339 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-08, 06:18   Link #1162
Crimrui
Hollow
 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: River of solitude
Send a message via Skype™ to Crimrui
I don't know what is so special about DBZ movies when comparing them to Bleach because they don't even have a decent plot. Supporting characters are just there for villains to show off until Goku comes and beats the hell out of bad guys, or in some cases the good guys hold off the enemies (read: getting their ass kicked) while Goku prepares Spirit Bomb.
__________________
Crimrui is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-08, 09:23   Link #1163
Thewanderer
Hiyori Fanboy
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Age: 33
Send a message via MSN to Thewanderer Send a message via Yahoo to Thewanderer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooler1339 View Post
When will bleach movies be as good as DBZ movies =\. All post-SS bleach characters just look dumb too.
Fixed for accuracy.

Kubo's art changed for the worst after SS
__________________
Thewanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-08, 14:57   Link #1164
Mr. DJ
Schwing!
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Central Texas
Age: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson Cloud View Post
I don't know what is so special about DBZ movies when comparing them to Bleach because they don't even have a decent plot. Supporting characters are just there for villains to show off until Goku comes and beats the hell out of bad guys, or in some cases the good guys hold off the enemies (read: getting their ass kicked) while Goku prepares Spirit Bomb.
handful of the movies were pretty good (YMMV) Dead Zone, World's Strongest, Tree of Might and Revival of Fusion.
Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-08, 16:19   Link #1165
Crimrui
Hollow
 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: River of solitude
Send a message via Skype™ to Crimrui
Quote:
Originally Posted by DjTrizz View Post
handful of the movies were pretty good (YMMV) Dead Zone, World's Strongest, Tree of Might and Revival of Fusion.
I said that DBZ aren't that special when comparing to Bleach, and commented how the plot is nothing special again, when comparing to Bleach movies, but I never said anything about how DBZ movies alone sucked. Maybe I didn't express myself well but I'm a Dragon Ball Z fan as well. Tree of Might, Dead Zone, Broly The Legendary Super Saiyan, Bojack Unbound and Wrath of a Dragon are actually my favorites. Ok now that I think about it, The movie 13 had pretty neat plot
__________________
Crimrui is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-09, 01:42   Link #1166
NotWarchef
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: In ur house, shippin' ur couplez
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarlett_Rain55 View Post
This movie was flat out BORING. The entire movie was just Ichigo wondering around and calling Rukia his friend. The animation wasn't even that great(more or less just a good animated episode of bleach), the characters looked terrible especially Rukia, and Ichigo was drawn horribly. The colors weren't as vibrant and colorful like the first movie, which I think has the best animation btw. Also those scenes where someone tries to remember who rukia is was cringe worthy and badly placed. Something about this movie felt very off, and been there done that kind of thing. I mean the final battle reminded me of the second movie pretty much. This movie wasn't even ichiruki as those crazy gals made it out to be...it was painfully obvious he just refered to her as a friend only.

Only good thing was seeing Ichigo in that hot red shirt of his. And the last fight, but it was kind of short.
I still think Memories of a Nobody was better, even though that ho senna piggybackriding on my man.
Really? Care to point out in the movie where called Rukia "friend"? Only scene that I can see that might qualify would be the scene at Urahara's shop. Even then, that's ambiguous at best. Btw, Kubo said the focus of the movie was Ichigo and Rukia (IchiRuki) and their feelings. If you want to dig yourself from that well, have fun.
NotWarchef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-09, 07:10   Link #1167
roriconfan
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Thessaloniki - Greece
Send a message via MSN to roriconfan
If no kisses happen after all the things the two of them went by, it can only mean two things. Ichigo is not interested in her romantically or he is a eunuch.
roriconfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-09, 07:53   Link #1168
DJ Trouble
Pajama Party!
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Nowhere
I gave in and watched it. It wasn't as bad as the second one. I actually enjoyed parts of it. I liked the scene at Kisuke's shop. Wanting to dodge the question but not being able to, that was cute.

Is it just me or is there a similarity between the way the movies are structured? Aren't they all "mysteries"? Something major seems to happen at the beginning, then they spend the rest of the time trying to figure out what the hell is going on. Realizing that made the movie a little slow feeling during the middle. If the next move is the same way I'm going to be a little annoyed at their seemingly lack of creativity.
DJ Trouble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-09, 08:55   Link #1169
Warchef
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by roriconfan View Post
If no kisses happen after all the things the two of them went by, it can only mean two things. Ichigo is not interested in her romantically or he is a eunuch.
You must have a weird view of romance then. Kissing isn't the only way of showing romantic love, and I highly doubt that Kubo would allow them to kiss in a movie.
Warchef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-09, 08:57   Link #1170
Haak
Forever Alone...
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: UK
Age: 23
I really don't see any romance in that movie whatsoever.
__________________
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-09, 09:39   Link #1171
Warchef
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
I really don't see any romance in that movie whatsoever.
Eh?

Please point out where in the manga Ichigo has actually hugged someone.

Or where he goes uber depressed because the girl he came to save doesn't remember him?

Or point out where Ichigo has ever had a speech telling the potential romantic interest that they met/were connected in previous lifetimes (sounds suspiciously like a speech in the manga).

If you can't give examples to any of these points, chances are you have a jaded view of romance. It doesn't have to be all smoochie smoochie and grope. I think Kubo likes their interactions to have a sort of romantic subtlety to them. It's not out there in your face like Inoue's, but it is there. Whether you want to see it or not, that's your prerogative.

I personally thought this was the best Bleach movie of all, not just because of the IchiRuki fanservice (or the IchiRukiRen), but because it proves that without Rukia or Ichigo, there would be NO Bleach. Their existences are so inevitably intertwined with the story, removing them from their roles would be like a whole 'nother story. This will at least silence the people that think Rukia isn't important to Kubo or the story of Bleach anymore
Warchef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-09, 10:16   Link #1172
Aqua Knight
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Age: 22
1st movie is much more romantic than this one.
The moments with Senna really outweight the ones with Rukia in the movie even the hug.
And what's with that lame sword penetration that saved Rukia??
Aqua Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-09, 10:34   Link #1173
Warchef
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by 17th_warrior View Post
1st movie is much more romantic than this one.
The moments with Senna really outweight the ones with Rukia in the movie even the hug.
And what's with that lame sword penetration that saved Rukia??
Senna is an anime OC. AKA a filler character.

Memories was also the worst selling of the 3 bleach movies.


Apparently the Japanese fanbase's reactions to the movie contradict what you claim.

You apparently are thinking with a western mindset, when Western concepts of love and romance aren't universal.

I stated show me where in the manga or anime, with an actual canon character, has Ichigo ever done any of the stuff I mentioned. Hence why I said MoN doesn't count, because Senna isn't a canon character, but an anime OC.

But believe what you want to believe, it's your mind.

I just trust what Kubo and the seiyuus gave me
Warchef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-09, 11:30   Link #1174
Aqua Knight
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Age: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warchef View Post
Senna is an anime OC. AKA a filler character.

Memories was also the worst selling of the 3 bleach movies.


Apparently the Japanese fanbase's reactions to the movie contradict what you claim.

You apparently are thinking with a western mindset, when Western concepts of love and romance aren't universal.

I stated show me where in the manga or anime, with an actual canon character, has Ichigo ever done any of the stuff I mentioned. Hence why I said MoN doesn't count, because Senna isn't a canon character, but an anime OC.

But believe what you want to believe, it's your mind.

I just trust what Kubo and the seiyuus gave me
I rarely see people who write such things

All Bleach movies are Bleach movies not more not less.
Aqua Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-09, 12:00   Link #1175
Haak
Forever Alone...
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: UK
Age: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warchef View Post
Eh?

Please point out where in the manga Ichigo has actually hugged someone.

Or where he goes uber depressed because the girl he came to save doesn't remember him?

Or point out where Ichigo has ever had a speech telling the potential romantic interest that they met/were connected in previous lifetimes (sounds suspiciously like a speech in the manga).

If you can't give examples to any of these points, chances are you have a jaded view of romance. It doesn't have to be all smoochie smoochie and grope. I think Kubo likes their interactions to have a sort of romantic subtlety to them. It's not out there in your face like Inoue's, but it is there. Whether you want to see it or not, that's your prerogative.

I personally thought this was the best Bleach movie of all, not just because of the IchiRuki fanservice (or the IchiRukiRen), but because it proves that without Rukia or Ichigo, there would be NO Bleach. Their existences are so inevitably intertwined with the story, removing them from their roles would be like a whole 'nother story. This will at least silence the people that think Rukia isn't important to Kubo or the story of Bleach anymore
So...where is the romance then? What are these subtleties you refer to?
__________________
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-09, 12:15   Link #1176
Warchef
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by 17th_warrior View Post
I rarely see people who write such things

All Bleach movies are Bleach movies not more not less.
I didn't debate the fact that MoN is a Bleach movie. Not at all. I was asking for people who say it isn't romance or shouldn't be looked at in a romantic context to provide examples where Ichigo has done these things in the Bleach story to anyone. As in, where has he done what he did in this movie in the manga or anime canon, provided the character is a canon character, not an anime OC.
Warchef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-09, 12:20   Link #1177
Warchef
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
So...where is the romance then? What are these subtleties you refer to?
They're in the examples. I base my argument that none of this has ever been exhibited by Ichigo before. Kubo said that the focus was on Ichigo and Rukia and the "change in their feelings". He already said (as have the seiyuus) that their relationship isn't one of friendship and they weren't a couple. I'm asking you for examples. The burden of proof is on yourself. I have provided some examples of Ichigo's behaviour in this movie as singular events in the story. Meaning, that he hasn't done this for any other person, male or female, where you could pass it off as mere friendship. Nowhere in the movie was it stated that Rukia was "just a friend" to Ichigo, because nakama doesn't really fit the friendship dynamic. Precious nakama is what describes their relationship. However, don't get the idea that being in a relationship of "precious nakama" means that a boy and a girl can't have romantic moments, subtle or otherwise.

If you're going to use the Ichigo and Rukia are friends or "ITS NOT ROMANCE OMG!!!!!111!" argument, then you must apply it to every single relationship that both of them have with other characters and/or you have to provide examples of where Ichigo has ever done the stuff I listed in the manga or anime canon.

Once again, the burden of proof is on yourself. I already have Kubo and the seiyuus and the STORY ITSELF backing me up.
Warchef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-09, 12:26   Link #1178
Haak
Forever Alone...
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: UK
Age: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warchef View Post
If you're going to use the Ichigo and Rukia are friends or "ITS NOT ROMANCE OMG!!!!!111!" argument, then you must apply it to every single relationship that both of them have with other characters and/or you have to provide examples of where Ichigo has ever done the stuff I listed in the manga or anime canon.
That's fine by me. Personally i don't think there has ever been much romance in the story except when Inoue tried to kiss Ichigo. I'm not particularly interested in the aspcet either.

Quote:
Once again, the burden of proof is on yourself. I already have Kubo and the seiyuus and the STORY ITSELF backing me up.
I'm not arguing with you. I'd just like to know what these subtleties are that you speak of.
__________________
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-09, 12:33   Link #1179
Warchef
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
That's fine by me. Personally i don't think there has ever been much romance in the story except when Inoue tried to kiss Ichigo. I'm not particularly interested in the aspcet either.
Noted. But Kubo did say although romance wasn't going to be the focus of the story he would include it. Whether people want to take that as Inoue only being the romance or not, that's up to the individual. But that's OT and another discussion for another day.



Quote:
I'm not arguing with you. I'd just like to know what these subtleties are that you speak of.
I'm not being repetitive I hope in saying they are in the examples. The way I view it, it's romantic in that it isn't an outright confession by Ichigo, but it's cheesy enough to get the point across that there is something more than friendship and mere comraderie going on. The only hitch in the argument, I will concede, is that it's impossible to get people to see the scenes the way you see them. The problem is the shipping circles are so entrenched and battle ready that it's become a point of denial.

That said, I'm not saying that they are a couple or in secret lurve with each other. Far from it, I'm just saying that the scenes themselves hint towards something more than friendship or nakama.

Like Monir said, Ichigo is ambiguous. Does he love her or not? Up to the individual person whether you want to believe that. The only problem I have is when people start running around hawking "THEY R FRIEND ONLY" or "ITS A SIBLING BOND" when both statements have been disproven by Kubo/the seiyuus multiple times.

I said in another forum that if I saw Ichigo doing what he did for Rukia in this movie to Yuzu or Karin or to Chad/Uryuu, I'd get away from my computer and not touch it till the movie went off.
Warchef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-09, 12:37   Link #1180
Haak
Forever Alone...
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: UK
Age: 23
I don't know what you mean when you refer to examples. Did you make a previous post listing examples or something? Well, if you have i can't find it.
__________________
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
call out your name

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 17:21.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.