AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2009-06-10, 19:34   Link #821
Gordy Lechance
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Reaching space, hmm...

Now that you think about it, would Geass work on Aliens, I wonder...

Hmm, Lerouch (if he's still around, that is) geassing an Alien.

Or a Predator.

Or An Alien Queen and a Predator...

Oh crap, we're all doomed.
__________________
This oversized signature has been removed.
Gordy Lechance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-10, 19:47   Link #822
Nobodyman9
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: U.S.A.
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordy Lechance View Post
Reaching space, hmm...

Now that you think about it, would Geass work on Aliens, I wonder...

Hmm, Lerouch (if he's still around, that is) geassing an Alien.

Or a Predator.

Or An Alien Queen and a Predator...

Oh crap, we're all doomed.
Do Xenomorphs even have eyes? Personally, I think they would rape Lelouch's ass.
Nobodyman9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-10, 22:12   Link #823
Gordy Lechance
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobodyman9 View Post
Do Xenomorphs even have eyes? Personally, I think they would rape Lelouch's ass.
Shush!! Don't give the Yaoi-fangirls any ideas for artwork!! Xenomorph tails hurt without lubricant!!

And remember how the Alien-Queen saw the elevator-door open and acknowledge it? Yeah they have eyes.
__________________
This oversized signature has been removed.

Last edited by Gordy Lechance; 2009-06-10 at 22:30.
Gordy Lechance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-10, 22:34   Link #824
Nobodyman9
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: U.S.A.
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordy Lechance View Post
Shush!! Don't give the Yaoi-fangirls any ideas for artwork!! Xenomorph tails hurt without lubricant!!

And remember how the Alien-Queen saw the elevator-door open and acknowledge it? Yeah they have eyes.
Well, I didn't necessarily mean it in the literal sense

And, uh, truth be told, I never saw the Alien movies, but I have seen the Xenomorphs before. Are sure there wasn't some other way the Queen could have acknowledged the elevator door opening.

(Okay, I know WAY OT )
Nobodyman9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-13, 07:09   Link #825
Gordy Lechance
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
It's never been explicitly mentioned onscreen, but what exact denomination of money is used by the Japanese-British in this universe?

Is it still their "pence-shilling-pound-guinea" system?

Or have they adopted the yen for sake of convenience while of Japanese soil?

Or, Heaven forbid, have they already changed to the dollar over the last few hundred years in spite of supressing "Washington's Rebellion?"
__________________
This oversized signature has been removed.
Gordy Lechance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-13, 07:21   Link #826
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Within my mind
Age: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordy Lechance View Post
It's never been explicitly mentioned onscreen, but what exact denomination of money is used by the Japanese-British in this universe?

Is it still their "pence-shilling-pound-guinea" system?

Or have they adopted the yen for sake of convenience while of Japanese soil?

Or, Heaven forbid, have they already changed to the dollar over the last few hundred years in spite of supressing "Washington's Rebellion?"
Watch episode 1 again.
Lulu paid for the parking with British pounds.
__________________
Vallen Chaos Valiant is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-13, 07:36   Link #827
Gordy Lechance
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Hmm, it would be safe to assume that the dollar has never existed on this Earth.

Come to think about it.

In our world, when the Germans lost The Great War, their money became so worthless that it takes wheelbarrows filled with a hundred notes just to buy one loaf of bread to feed the family for week.

Assuming that Japan (more than likely) converts back to the Yen after the war, the Pound would be pretty much glorified toilet-paper on Japanese soil after Zero's-Requiem, wouldn't it?
__________________
This oversized signature has been removed.
Gordy Lechance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-13, 07:42   Link #828
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Within my mind
Age: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordy Lechance View Post
Hmm, it would be safe to assume that the dollar has never existed on this Earth.

Come to think about it.

In our world, when the Germans lost The Great War, their money became so worthless that it takes wheelbarrows filled with a hundred notes just to buy one loaf of bread to feed the family for week.

Assuming that Japan (more than likely) converts back to the Yen after the war, the Pound would be pretty much glorified toilet-paper on Japanese soil after Zero's-Requiem, wouldn't it?
Since when?

Britannia still uses Pounds. And as Britannia is still the strongest nation in their world, the Pound would be as valuable as US dollars to us.

It doesn't matter what the money is called; it is the size of the economy it is attached to that matters.
Watch "Ascent of Money part 1". Learn your economy.
http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...30454338776455

And learn your history; Germany had massive inflation because they were forced to pay for the cost of the whole war from the winners. This sewed the seed for WWII. That's what Zero Requium avoided; Britannia wasn't treated like 2nd-class citizens after the end of it all.
__________________
Vallen Chaos Valiant is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-13, 09:09   Link #829
Charred Knight
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordy Lechance View Post
Hmm, it would be safe to assume that the dollar has never existed on this Earth.

Come to think about it.

In our world, when the Germans lost The Great War, their money became so worthless that it takes wheelbarrows filled with a hundred notes just to buy one loaf of bread to feed the family for week.

Assuming that Japan (more than likely) converts back to the Yen after the war, the Pound would be pretty much glorified toilet-paper on Japanese soil after Zero's-Requiem, wouldn't it?
Japan was hit a lot harder, Tokyo was basically destroyed, and most of the remaining Japanese are probably jobless since all the major businesses where in the settlement.
Charred Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-14, 01:41   Link #830
ConfinesOfTheDark
Reaper's Disciple
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Somewhere in the Universe
Sorry for being late to the discussion, looks like you've already hit most of the important points on the head, but perhaps I can put in my two cents of speculation and facts?

For the Chinese Federation, this nation is based on the Manchu Dynasty of our timeline (Manchu Dynasty lasted from the 1680s-1911 when it collasped, which was succededed by the Republic of China, then the People's Republic of China). Of course, the differences are is that it has seized the Indian subcontinent from Britannia (assuming that it was during the Humiliation of Edinburgh, otherwise they wouldn't have the military strength to take it from them), Central Asia (Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan, Turkmenistan, Kyrgyzstan, and Tajikstan), Indochinese Peninsula, Indonesia, Philippines, and all the Pacific Islands that Britannia didn't claim. Of course, Britannia conquered part the Indochinese Peninsula which I assume is what wouldve been French Indochina which is Area 10, Britannia then conquered the Philippines (area 12), and Cambodia (Area 13), plus Papua New Guinea (Area 14). Whether or not Britannia has also taken the Southern Pacific Islands (Area 15), the Korean peninsula (Area 16), and Indonesia (area 17) is up to debate due to the fact that in Episode 16 R2, they are shown to be under U.F.N. control (which could be a screwup on the producers' side).

Britannia was created when the Romans invaded in 55 B.C. That's when the Britons, Celts, and Scots, banded together and fought off the Romans. Hence the beginning of the Acension Throne Britannia calendar. And yes, Britannia is composed of both American continents (Greenland and Iceland are included).

The E.U. was the result of the Congress of Vienna never happening or modified so that democratic instituion can take place so it won't end up like Britannia's tyrannical absolute monarchy or Napoleon's revolutionary despotism. The Scramble for Africa probably resulted in colonies for the French, German, Spanish, Portuguese, and Italians (the colonies that would've been British [Britannian] would've been colonized by German, French, or other lesser European powers, but Ethopia [Abysnia] would'e probably the only independent African nation to willingly join the E.U.).

The question of Russia joining the E.U. would've probably resulted in the aftermath of a WWI-like conflict (in staying with the canon). Russia would've probably fallen to some some communist/Marxist type government, but not in the sense of our timeline's Soviet Union; more like Lenin's New Economic Policy's economy where major industries are run by the government, but local farmer's markets and other small-scale industries can follow capitalism if they wished (plus, some type of democratic government would've been established instead of Marx's proletarian dictatorship cuz we all knoe ehat happens when that's persued...). I do not believe a WWII started (if I recall, Lelouch's final war against Schenizel and the Black knights was the Second World War, but my memory's fuzzy right now).

According to the CG Wiki, Australia is a backwater country sparself populated by Europeans, but is still mostly dominated by Aborigines. Given the chance though, I think Australia would've sided with the U.F.N., just so they would be safe.

Well, that's my take. Feel free to critique or give your version of events.
ConfinesOfTheDark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-14, 06:57   Link #831
Paladinoras
Pancakes
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: In Your House. No, really, look properly.
Seeing your post reminded me of a question that's been nagging on my mind.

What the hell was Russia doing?
__________________


Credit to Godlike1889 for the sig!
Paladinoras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-14, 12:33   Link #832
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by ConfinesOfTheDark View Post
For the Chinese Federation, this nation is based on the Manchu Dynasty of our timeline (Manchu Dynasty lasted from the 1680s-1911 when it collasped, which was succededed by the Republic of China, then the People's Republic of China).
Really? I don't think so, the way they are dressed doesn't look like it. The nation is run by enuchs and all of their hair is long and straight. The Manchu(The men mainly) had their long hair braided into a very long pony tail which to me indicates that the Mongols/Manchurians never conquered China.
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-14, 16:59   Link #833
Dragontrapper
Viscount of California
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Bryans Road, MD
Age: 23
Greetings. I've been trying to develop a timeline of History for the CG verse, starting at 55 BC, assuming Caesar's invasion of Britiannia was the Imperial Calander Epoch. This thread has been quite useful, so I thought I'd throw in my two cents.

The first point I noticed was that the sources (at least the ones I found) list Washington's Rebellion occurred 1775 atb. The issue I found was that, with the Imperial Calander being 55 years ahead of the Georgian Calander, places the Rebellion at 1720 AD (1775 atb). So, how much of this time-shift was the writers not paying attention, and how much was intentional? I also noticed they get to Elizabeth III by the early 1800's (Late 1800's by the imperial calendar). We've only gotten up to Elizabeth II (though this is a recent development).

The Second point was in regards to the other two major powers. The EU is arguably the Easiest. Napoleon sweeps across Europe, establishing his Empire. After he gets defeated at Waterloo and Dies, power reverts back to the National powers. With Britiannia now occupying most of North America, the Europeans meet and the Congress of Vienna and form a proto-EU along Constitutional Monarchy/republic lines. Russia Probably got absorbed into the EU after their equivalent of WW1 (I believe somebody already suggested this last bit)

The Chinese Federation is a little more difficult, but probably didn't get invaded by the Mongols/Manchu's. The Chinese would have swept across Asia, annexing territories and established a Pax Sinicia, as apposed to the Pax Mongolia. They later served as Neutral ground for the Treaty of Tibet between the EU and Britiannia after some sort of conflict, possibly an 'American War' (When Britiannia expands down into South America, EU colonies probably get toasted. the EU wouldn't like that) - that or there was some sort of war involving all three. The Latter seems unlikely, as Britianna would have likely invaded Japan at that point.

isn't Alternate History fun?
__________________
Dragontrapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-14, 19:31   Link #834
ConfinesOfTheDark
Reaper's Disciple
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Somewhere in the Universe
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness View Post
Really? I don't think so, the way they are dressed doesn't look like it. The nation is run by enuchs and all of their hair is long and straight. The Manchu(The men mainly) had their long hair braided into a very long pony tail which to me indicates that the Mongols/Manchurians never conquered China.
I didn't say their govt. was based off the Manchus. Just the empire itself. By 1820 A.D., the Manchus have taken Mongolia (Outer Mongolia), Tibet (obviously), Xinjiang (or however you spell it), Sakhalin, The Kurils (I think), Taiwan, and part of OTL Russia's Primorsky's Oblast. The Chinese Federation probably annexed Britannia's Indian subcontinent colonies (Again, assuming it was during the Humiliation of Edinburgh cause the Chinese Federation would've been crushed if they tried to invade by force), the entire Indochinese Peninsula (I don't think the E.U. established colonies there at that point, but it could work either way), then the Philippines (if Spain did colonize it, it would be too weak to fight China's massive army), Indonesia (again if the Dutch settled there, they would have no match), and all the little Pacific Islands dotted along the way (except Hawaii, Midway, Wake Island, and the Galapagos which is owned by Britannia).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragontrapper View Post
Greetings. I've been trying to develop a timeline of History for the CG verse, starting at 55 BC, assuming Caesar's invasion of Britiannia was the Imperial Calander Epoch. This thread has been quite useful, so I thought I'd throw in my two cents.

The first point I noticed was that the sources (at least the ones I found) list Washington's Rebellion occurred 1775 atb. The issue I found was that, with the Imperial Calander being 55 years ahead of the Georgian Calander, places the Rebellion at 1720 AD (1775 atb). So, how much of this time-shift was the writers not paying attention, and how much was intentional? I also noticed they get to Elizabeth III by the early 1800's (Late 1800's by the imperial calendar). We've only gotten up to Elizabeth II (though this is a recent development).

The Second point was in regards to the other two major powers. The EU is arguably the Easiest. Napoleon sweeps across Europe, establishing his Empire. After he gets defeated at Waterloo and Dies, power reverts back to the National powers. With Britiannia now occupying most of North America, the Europeans meet and the Congress of Vienna and form a proto-EU along Constitutional Monarchy/republic lines. Russia Probably got absorbed into the EU after their equivalent of WW1 (I believe somebody already suggested this last bit)

The Chinese Federation is a little more difficult, but probably didn't get invaded by the Mongols/Manchu's. The Chinese would have swept across Asia, annexing territories and established a Pax Sinicia, as apposed to the Pax Mongolia. They later served as Neutral ground for the Treaty of Tibet between the EU and Britiannia after some sort of conflict, possibly an 'American War' (When Britiannia expands down into South America, EU colonies probably get toasted. the EU wouldn't like that) - that or there was some sort of war involving all three. The Latter seems unlikely, as Britianna would have likely invaded Japan at that point.

isn't Alternate History fun?
You got the Revolution/Washington's Rebellion bit from the Code Geass Wiki on wikia.com, didn't you? Yeah, I laughed when it said 1775 a.t.b. cuz that would mean the American Revolution would've started on 1720 A.D. Either that was the wiki's creators' mistakes or it was the mistake of the CG producers, but it's probably an honest mistake. So when they say 1815 a.t.b., I just put in my head 1815 A.D., it's as simple as that.

Yeah, I suggested the Russia bit. And I still think it would be possible (even though you're agreeing with me).

Because I was very sleepy the last time I posted this, I forgot to mention the Middle East Federation. I believe it was part of the E.U. (after OTL WWI France and Britain colonized much of the Middle East; Britain got Cyprus, Iraq, Jordan (then called Transjordan), Yemen, Oman, the U.A.E., and Iran I believe, while France got Syria, Lebanon, Qatar, and Bahrain?) before it probably fought for its independence and because the E.U. was too weak to fight after their WWI, the E.U. willingly granted independence to the Middle East Federation.
ConfinesOfTheDark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-15, 01:24   Link #835
Paladinoras
Pancakes
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: In Your House. No, really, look properly.
I forgot... what does a.t.b mean again?
__________________


Credit to Godlike1889 for the sig!
Paladinoras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-15, 01:49   Link #836
Nobodyman9
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: U.S.A.
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladinoras View Post
I forgot... what does a.t.b mean again?
It stands for "Ascension Throne Britannia"
Nobodyman9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-15, 05:20   Link #837
Paladinoras
Pancakes
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: In Your House. No, really, look properly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobodyman9 View Post
It stands for "Ascension Throne Britannia"
So basically, each year that passed after the establishment of Britannia counts as 1 a.t.b?
__________________


Credit to Godlike1889 for the sig!
Paladinoras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-15, 12:43   Link #838
Dragontrapper
Viscount of California
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Bryans Road, MD
Age: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladinoras View Post
So basically, each year that passed after the establishment of Britannia counts as 1 a.t.b?
the Epoch of the Britiannian Imperial Calender is the election of the first Celtic King, around 55 BC - Hence the disparity in the dates.

Short answer - Yes

Since Britiannia became a unified entity pre-anglosaxon take over, I assume most of the populous is of Cletic (Britons, Gaelics, and Picts) Origin. When the Anglo-Saxons showed up, they didn't invade (Or where fought off) and later immigrated. This would explain why they speak English.
__________________
Dragontrapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-15, 19:39   Link #839
Revolutionist
Puppet Master
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Behind You
How do we know they speak English? I mean, the English language as we know it is a result of germanic, roman and norman occupation of England. If those things never took place "Britannian" might be very different from English. I'm guessing it's a lot more like whatever the original inhabitants of England spoke...
__________________
I cannot give you back your homes, or restore your dead to life, but perhaps I can give you justice, in the name of our King. ~ Ned Stark
Revolutionist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-16, 01:33   Link #840
Paladinoras
Pancakes
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: In Your House. No, really, look properly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revolutionist View Post
How do we know they speak English? I mean, the English language as we know it is a result of germanic, roman and norman occupation of England. If those things never took place "Britannian" might be very different from English. I'm guessing it's a lot more like whatever the original inhabitants of England spoke...
That language would probably be Welsh, Germanic, or even Scottish, for all we know.
__________________


Credit to Godlike1889 for the sig!
Paladinoras is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 15:10.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.