AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Nanoha

Notices

Old 2009-10-17, 14:32   Link #8421
FlameSparkZ
Ambiguous Pokerface

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nya~n View Post
Also, wind Conversion Affinity, eh? I guess that means I can cast my doubts aside now and go ahead with integrating it into a side character of mine that I AHVE NOT BEEN WORKING FOR GOOD...
I thought everyone knew that elemental conversion affinity was canon by now

Heck, my lead male OC has Wind Conversion Affinity too and he's been around for quite a while

Quote:
As for the Resonance Tuning thing that Wind-chime has... The AMF is something like sliced bread. It is sacred, and you only meddle with it when you have to. Being able to fully counter an AMF while passing it off as "No one knows why" is going to raise some eyebrows here. And then there's the power maximising thing, that opens another can of worms altogether...
Isn't this like a Limit Break/Overdrive/Full Drive, but faster in terms of mana drain?
That would mean it has to be used wisely...or else

As for the rest of the OC's profile, I don't see anything serious. Some just need to be better explained since we can't all understand another's point of view to the fullest without detailed descriptions

The only thing that creeps me out is Velo Vintage
Keep him away from Treize, he'll teach her weird things >_>

*warps out*
Old 2009-10-17, 20:12   Link #8422
agetreme
One_Turn_Kill(Myself)

Quote:
But yes, back to Cyclone... (Where's Joker? >.>)
(the Joker is the Resonance Tune.... *cough*Trumpcard*cough*

Quote:
Also, I don't think the left-hander/right-hander example is a good analogy. We have the abidexterous, the cross-handed, and those who practice hard enough with their non-dominant hand to be able to use it well. So unless you can say the same can be applied to Mid-C and Lune-Malica..
Yes, the same thing apply actually... Cross-handered version is something like using Mid-Childa for close-combat and Lune-Malica for ranged-attack.

Quote:
As for the Resonance Tuning thing that Wind-chime has... The AMF is something like sliced bread. It is sacred, and you only meddle with it when you have to. Being able to fully counter an AMF while passing it off as "No one knows why" is going to raise some eyebrows here. And then there's the power maximising thing, that opens another can of worms altogether...

Resonance Tuner is a paradox box. The ability to counter AMF is because...Resonance Tuner tuned the magic to adapt in AMF condition.

Technically speaking, the tuned magic is not magic and that is why it work in AMF condition. The process is actually quite similar to Mana conversion.... but how the magic retains its original property is another story.

"No one knows why" is not entirely true. Resonance Tuner can not be analyze, that's why they do not know exactly how the process works. They proposes as many theories as they wanted but ultimately nobody know which is true until they could successfully analyze the device.

It is like giving a television to somebody in the past where television is not invented and ask them how it work. They would probably say magic... but in Mid-childa..... yeah... you can't just explain by saying it is magic.... because magic....is not... err.... unexplainable.

As for power maximizing process....it is actually more akin to Full-drive.... higher consumption of magic for greater power or effectiveness.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlameSparkZ View Post
Isn't this like a Limit Break/Overdrive/Full Drive, but faster in terms of mana drain?
That would mean it has to be used wisely...or else
Yes.... the result is actually much worst.... if your enemy know how to force you into using it.
agetreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-17, 23:11   Link #8423
Mochii
Insanity's Best Friend

Hey~

I'm new here(as you can probably tell!) Just a quick question! Am I still allowed to post my character?

~Mochii

It is a disbelief when I open my heart,
warm, sticky blood flows in a river

I am you queen, your sovereign
Kiss my ring and bow down

Should I lie and deceive,
This Earth would flourish
Mochii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-17, 23:12   Link #8424
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

The current discussion's about an OC's capabilities, so its quite on topic. And yes, you're certainly allowed to post your character.
Old 2009-10-17, 23:24   Link #8425
Mochii
Insanity's Best Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
The current discussion's about an OC's capabilities, so its quite on topic. And yes, you're certainly allowed to post your character.
Oh! Thank you~ It might take me a while but I hope to develop a very good character very soon! Thanks for replying. I'll start a fresh post with the character after I'm finished researching.

Also, it might take me a while because I like to be thorough so I hope you will cut me some slack..?

It is a disbelief when I open my heart,
warm, sticky blood flows in a river

I am you queen, your sovereign
Kiss my ring and bow down

Should I lie and deceive,
This Earth would flourish
Mochii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-18, 00:07   Link #8426
MeisterBabylon
~ Ping For Effect ~
*Author

It might not be Rika, but is OCT getting a moe blob of her own?

@agextreme: No major arguments from me while on a cursory read. Would've been more in-depth if I didn't have so much to prepare for exams.

This emphasis on Tuners... sounds like a project a friend of mine is working on. Might it be you're that other sponsor?

On money: Every man has a price. For everything else, there's MakoCard.
MeisterBabylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-18, 00:24   Link #8427
Nya~n
umbrella moe~♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeisterBabylon View Post
This emphasis on Tuners... sounds like a project a friend of mine is working on. Might it be you're that other sponsor?
Nope, according to the guy leading that project... Different mechanisms. This is the third "Tuning" I'm seeing, the others being abovementioned project and a certain idea port of mine.
Old 2009-10-18, 00:40   Link #8428
MeisterBabylon
~ Ping For Effect ~
*Author

To have tricotomy in a unified system is dystrophic!

Old 2009-10-18, 01:03   Link #8429
agetreme
One_Turn_Kill(Myself)

That's how the other two Resonance Tuners get around the black market without people knowing their true capability. There are many devices with Tuner in its name.

Origin of the Tuner in Resonance Tuner:

-Tune as in the music the device play

-The meaning of Tuning: The adjustment of a system to secure optimum performance.

-That Tuner which tuning musical instrument

-Tuner-Monsters from Yu-gi-oh (which use another monster used to bring out stronger monsters).

If I use the original name for Resonance Tuner... the secret behind it would be spoiled
Old 2009-10-18, 01:21   Link #8430
AdmiralTigerclaw
Sword Wielding Penguin

Send a message via AIM to AdmiralTigerclaw
CRACK ATTACK!

One day... Hayate wakes up in the hospital. Having recovered from a particularly bad bout of pain from the Book of Darkness. She's realized the truth of it all. And she's angry.

Forcing herself to relearn how to walk by SHEER FORCE OF WILL! She sets out on her mission. To avenge her fallen knights.

It starts with a list.

Quote:
LEIZE
FATE
YUUNO
NANOHA
GILL

"I'm coming for you... Admiral Gill Graham."

DUN! DUN! DUN!

KILL GILL
"Because people dig birds with swords."
AdmiralTigerclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-18, 02:05   Link #8431
agetreme
One_Turn_Kill(Myself)

Why Yuuno? That ferret familiar is innocent!!
Old 2009-10-18, 02:17   Link #8432
AdmiralTigerclaw
Sword Wielding Penguin

}=)
Old 2009-10-18, 02:18   Link #8433
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Isn't it spelled "vengeance"?

*fleeeeeez*
Old 2009-10-18, 02:21   Link #8434
AdmiralTigerclaw
Sword Wielding Penguin

Fixed... See above.
Old 2009-10-18, 02:26   Link #8435
Aaron008R

ORE! SANJOU!!!

Well, well. It's good to see that the activity since I was gone hasn't let up.

Just to give an update, I'm no dead yet, just newly graduated (last Saturday).

As for now, I'm in the task of jobhunting and getting myself more credentials for better employment opportunities. So sadly, I can't even find much time to hang around here for any long period of time.

But still, I haven't quit nor do I plan to with the OC business. I don't know when I can get to post, but rest assured that I have written some stuff already and just need completion. :3

P.S. Welcome to the new members! If I can, I'll find time to come and read the materials you posted and give my say. But for now, I still can't make a good review on new stuff. It's easier to follow things that I'm already familiar with because of my schedule. D2's Mimi in particular caught my eye. :3

P.S. #2 Aw, hell. Okay, a few comments on the few things I managed to look at.

@Keroko: It's good to see you haven't dropped Syn despite the recent occurences in Vivid. There aren't much changes in her profile, save for the retooling of Hellskor (Use the Force...? >_>). Does she go adult mode when in battle mode, though?

More details on her parents are always a plus, since I did have some plans for Elena and Kaith in a casual short. And finally... Why Beat Jumper?! (Or more specifically, Nagihiko?!?!)
(Nice job.)

@Kyral: That 4th General of the Evil Dark Society of General Doomsday Darkness seems like the Joker-class unpredictable character to me. Seems like there's much to expect once we see him in action in your fics.

@Tempest: I've commented a bit already on IRC, but doesn't that bedtime story seem a bit too dark to tell kids? <_> I know that perhaps Vivio and Syn are mature enough to listen, but giving a story that's not about an easily understood moral lesson was surprising. XD Sad story, btw. ;_; (The fluff in the end makes up for it, though.:3)

@ghazgkull: With an unexpected twist, we have our first major casualty in your fic. D: The way it happened was quick and tragic too. Poor Hayato. Ah well, I guess this contributes all the more to character development (specially for Asagi too.).

@AdmiralTigerclaw: I know we've discussed it a bit in IRC, but HOLY CRAP! Crash's head literally crashed (pun not intended) and went completely psycho berserk H4XX. True to what Vita noticed in his actions, what he's doing right now is almost suicide! D: And LOL at the Kill Gill idea. XD

XenahortCharybdis: You've made Arkady into quite a frightening character... But well, the humor factor hits the spot. And yes, I've said it once and I'll say it again. NOLAND IS THE LOLI SANCTUARY.

*tries to run but is killed brutally in a flash*

*revives and pats Cadia-Zwei on the head before waving and leaving*

OC Profiles
Yagami Hayate: ver. GenerationS; Part 1, Part 2

Last edited by Aaron008R; 2009-10-18 at 11:58.
Aaron008R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-18, 02:30   Link #8436
Tempy
Σ(。д°(o--(ಠ益ಠ )
*Author

No story is too dark if it has a happy ending. While the true end is admittedly bittersweet, perhaps in the dreams of those children the Knight and the Witch will find their happiness.

Also, congrats on your graduation. Mind the step into the real world. It's a bit of a steep drop (plummet).
Old 2009-10-18, 02:42   Link #8437
MeisterBabylon
~ Ping For Effect ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron008R View Post
ORE! SANJ---
*interrupts Aaron by sniping with Ronovegun*

Urusai.

On the other, gratz and welcome back. We missed swirling you.

Old 2009-10-18, 03:32   Link #8438
AdmiralTigerclaw
Sword Wielding Penguin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron008R View Post

@AdmiralTigerclaw: I know we've discussed it a bit in IRC, but HOLY CRAP! Crash's head literally crashed (pun not intended) and went completely psycho bersekt H4XX. True to what Vita noticed in his actions, what he's doing right now is almost suicide! D: And LOL at the Kill Gill idea. XD
If you can catch it and run through the chapter using the tracks I point out. (I suggest doing so using the FF.net version.) The use of 'Come On' by Andy Hunter during the rampage makes it hit even harder.
Old 2009-10-18, 03:52   Link #8439
agetreme
One_Turn_Kill(Myself)

Velo: "There is nothing wrong in loving someone..."

Cruiser: "True but.... It's ethically wrong to be romantically attracted to young girls, animals, inanimate object, light, sound, heat, pictures, yourself, dead bodies...."

Velo: "What's wrong with the dead? Vampires are dead but people are still obsessed about having them for lover."

Cruiser: "Vampires don't exist."

Velo:"Neither does the law which states that you can't marry the dead."

Cruiser: "Sir, they are already dead....With all due respect, please let them rest in peace."

Velo: "But love crossed all boundaries!"

Cruiser: "Normally I would agree but in your case, no."

Spoiler for Special Enforcer Cruiser Impreze:

Spoiler for Director Velo Vintage:

On working on Reise and Iter.... these two would be a little.... interesting.

Edit: Finalizing Reise and Iter's profile

Last edited by agetreme; 2009-10-23 at 09:20.
Old 2009-10-18, 18:17   Link #8440
D2
Go Big Red!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmiralTigerclaw View Post

}=)
You know, for a person out for revenge, Hayate looks pretty cheerful, and she's not that well know for slasher smiles, isn't she?

Tags
hayaurion, kaonland, keroland, khrack, original content