AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2009-08-16, 14:37   Link #21
Rainbowman
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: 1431 Highland Drive
I looked in other forums about movie 10 and there were pictures of figurines involving it in one of those forums. If someone could get a large-size clear picture of the figurines I'd appreciate it.

edit: I'm not sure wether this movie is going to take place between Thriller Bark and Sabaody Archipeligo or after the Whitebeard War at Marineford. Sure hope it's the latter because the events in this movie for the Strawhat crew could be worse than their situation in the main storyline.

Last edited by Rainbowman; 2009-08-18 at 15:33.
Rainbowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-04, 12:27   Link #22
Blackbeard D. Kuma
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
I thought I would provide a little update here for those who are interested. Credit goes to Greg from AP forums. Thanks Greg .

The anime is going to have four episodes dedicated to providing a back story for this film. Think of them as a prelude before the release date of the movie. Here are the dates of when the episodes will air and their titles.

11/15 426 Movie Special- The 'Gold Lion's' Ambition Moves Forward
11/22 427 Movie Special- 'Little East Blue' is Tartgeted
11/29 428 Movie Special- The Amigo Pirate Crew's Vicious Assualt
12/6 429 Movie Special- The Decisive Battle! Luffy VS Largo

I'm even more pumped to see this film now, and those episodes will surely be worth looking into.
__________________
A new age of piracy is at hand, and emperor Blackbeard is at the helm of it.
Blackbeard D. Kuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-04, 12:59   Link #23
james0246
Senior Member
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: East Cupcake
^So, these episodes are preempting the actual series for filler material only relevent to the movie?
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-04, 13:28   Link #24
Blackbeard D. Kuma
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
^So, these episodes are preempting the actual series for filler material only relevent to the movie?
Precisely. What I'm curious to know is if Toei got any of Oda's input on these upcoming episodes. They should be interesting, nonetheless.
__________________
A new age of piracy is at hand, and emperor Blackbeard is at the helm of it.
Blackbeard D. Kuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-04, 13:45   Link #25
james0246
Senior Member
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: East Cupcake
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
Precisely. What I'm curious to know is if Toei got any of Oda's input on these upcoming episodes. They should be interesting, nonetheless.
If they did, that is an extra 2-4 hours (depending on how long the specials are) of material he would have had to write/plan, which would more than excuse his various breaks over the past year.

That being said, Amazon Lily will be done within the next 2 weeks or so, and Impell Down will be raided in the meantime. I was hoping to see some of Buggy pretty soon, but movie specials could be fun...
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-04, 15:32   Link #26
SOGESNAKE
NEW WORLD BABY~!
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Raftel
Age: 22
Send a message via MSN to SOGESNAKE Send a message via Skype™ to SOGESNAKE
Well, out of all the movies so far, Movie 6 still remains my favourite. Though, mostly because the animation was top knotch~



This one being canon to the series, it should be awesome.... not to mention the animation~
__________________
SOGESNAKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-04, 15:44   Link #27
marvelB
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
^Technically, the movie would only be partially canon, since the character of Gold Lion Shiki exists in the manga, as well as in the anime. However, there's been nothing to indicate so far that any of the movie's events will tie tie into the manga (aside from the aforementioned character)....



With that being said, it's pretty interesting to know that there will be filler episodes that further tie into the movie. Guess I'll check 'em out when they air....
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-05, 00:10   Link #28
Rainbowman
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: 1431 Highland Drive
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
I thought I would provide a little update here for those who are interested. Credit goes to Greg from AP forums. Thanks Greg .

The anime is going to have four episodes dedicated to providing a back story for this film. Think of them as a prelude before the release date of the movie. Here are the dates of when the episodes will air and their titles.

11/15 426 Movie Special- The 'Gold Lion's' Ambition Moves Forward
11/22 427 Movie Special- 'Little East Blue' is Tartgeted
11/29 428 Movie Special- The Amigo Pirate Crew's Vicious Assualt
12/6 429 Movie Special- The Decisive Battle! Luffy VS Largo

I'm even more pumped to see this film now, and those episodes will surely be worth looking into.
With these episodes, when in the story do they take place? I'm hoping it's after the Whitebeard War despite the fact that the Marineford arc has yet to be animated.
Rainbowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-05, 00:19   Link #29
james0246
Senior Member
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: East Cupcake
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainbowman View Post
With these episodes, when in the story do they take place? I'm hoping it's after the Whitebeard War despite the fact that the Marineford arc has yet to be animated.
Considering that the Impell Down arc hasn't even been animated yet, not to mention there is nothing on the Whitebeard's Invasion Arc, why would you even begin to think that these episodes/movie would occur after Whitebeard's War? This is clearly filler episodes dedicated to a filler movie...hell this is even filler for the anime series considering that it is impossible for the encounter with Gold Lion Shiki to occur at any time but before the crew arrived in Sabaody and the anime has already passed that point.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-05, 19:54   Link #30
Rainbowman
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: 1431 Highland Drive
Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
Considering that the Impell Down arc hasn't even been animated yet, not to mention there is nothing on the Whitebeard's Invasion Arc, why would you even begin to think that these episodes/movie would occur after Whitebeard's War? This is clearly filler episodes dedicated to a filler movie...hell this is even filler for the anime series considering that it is impossible for the encounter with Gold Lion Shiki to occur at any time but before the crew arrived in Sabaody and the anime has already passed that point.
With movie 10, I was hoping that Nami would not only remain with the crew but also not to die in it. I was also hoping that it would take place after the Whitebeard War so that the crew would be reunited by then and past the stupidity of Boa Hancock's love sickness.
Rainbowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-09, 16:25   Link #31
longnose-kun
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Sniper Island
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
Spoiler for Minor spoilers regarding Impel Down:
I think Kinjishi is a master of rokushiki, allowing him to fly and kick flying cutting attacks like CP9
longnose-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-13, 15:49   Link #32
Prestige
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Grand Line
Upcoming anime episodes 426-429 will be anime-only episodes related and making background to Movie 10.

All those who are having intrest on upcoming One Piece movie should check them out even if you are manga only viewer.

Since Movie 10 has been based on Oda's transcription I guess Oda has been involved giving advices on making these episodes.


Quote:
426 "Special Linked to the Movie - The Golden Lion's Ambitions Start to Move"
"Eiga Rendō Supesharu - Ugokidasu Kinjishi no Yabō" (映画連動特別編 動き出す金獅子の野望) November 15, 2009

427 "Special Linked to the Movie - Little East Blue Targeted"
"Eiga Rendō Supesharu - Nerawareta Ritoru Īsuto Burū" (映画連動特別編 狙われた小さな東の海) November 22, 2009

428 "Special Linked to the Movie - Fierce Attack of the Amigo Pirates"
"Eiga Rendō Supesharu - Amīgo Kaizokudan no Mōkō" (映画連動特別編 アミーゴ海賊団の猛攻) November 29, 2009

429 "Special Linked to the Movie - Decisive Battle! Luffy vs. Ralgo"
"Eiga Rendō Supesharu - Kessen! Rufi VS Rarugo" (映画連動特別編 決戦!ルフィVSラルゴ) December 6, 2009
So episodes 426-429 will be fillers that are linked on upcoming Movie 10.

Also Movie 10 villain has been mentioned in Manga aswell.
Prestige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-19, 00:38   Link #33
andy
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Also seem people who go and watch the movie will get chapter 0 more info at

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...vol-0-in-japan

man there are really going all out for this movie.
andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-19, 04:23   Link #34
Prestige
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Grand Line
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy View Post
Also seem people who go and watch the movie will get chapter 0 more info at

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...vol-0-in-japan

man there are really going all out for this movie.
Aah damn Volume 0...that will be truely gem for collectors.

Damn it I want it too, its an alpha-phase of One Piece story and it has some big changes compared of current One Piece story.

After reading some movie info it appears that Oda have had much bigger inlfuence on movie that I believed earlier.

He has been working on this movie from 2007 and story and charecters are almost 100% from his pen and he says that he has taken this project with 100% focus and promised that he wont give fans any half-assed product.

I am so excited about this movie, for me its FIRST true One Piece movie, earlier 9 were just for milking money using One Piece franchise.
Prestige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-20, 19:34   Link #35
marvelB
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Damn, Oda's really put a lot of work into this movie if he's even releasing a special manga for it..... From the sounds of it, it seems to be a big flashback of sorts. Hopefully, someone will scan this book so us folks overseas can check it out.....
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-21, 06:08   Link #36
FoxxFireArt
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Kentucky
Send a message via Yahoo to FoxxFireArt
Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Damn, Oda's really put a lot of work into this movie if he's even releasing a special manga for it..... From the sounds of it, it seems to be a big flashback of sorts. Hopefully, someone will scan this book so us folks overseas can check it out.....
I've been hearing rumors that there will also be a special episode of the anime soon involving this villain. Remember, after Luffy was exposed of having broken into Impel Down, Sengoku mentioned the only other person to escape Impel Down was the Flying Pirate, Kinjishi(Golden Lion). When that new character is revealed in that trailer the Kanji says "kinjishi no shiki". Perhaps this special episode will reveal the details of his escape or who he is.
__________________
* * Visit Foxxfire Art for weekly Code Geass 4komas * *
FoxxFireArt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-21, 13:42   Link #37
ZeroForever
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: all and none
it's already noted above by Prestige that
'Upcoming anime episodes 426-429 will be anime-only episodes related and making background to Movie 10.'


I just saw the news for the volume 0... i hope someone is willing to create scans of it as that should be interesting to see.
__________________
the anti-thesis of myself
ZeroForever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-22, 23:33   Link #38
Rainbowman
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: 1431 Highland Drive
If only we had more info on this movie to see wether or not it's part of the One Piece story. I hope Oda explains about it during episodes 426-429.
Rainbowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-23, 04:36   Link #39
Prestige
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Grand Line
I think it will be semi-canon, much more relevant to the story than earlier 'movies' but its nothing critical.

If you are manga viewer and you miss this movie you wont notice big diffrence but reason why I want to see this movie is purely entertaiment value, I am pretty sure this movie will be very good and worth to check out.

*edit

It looks like that Volume 0 wont be Romance's dawn early version, instead it would be something much much much more epic.

Its glimpse of Gol D Rogers era where Roger,Garp,Sengoku and Whitebeard battled for control of Grand Line.

Ooooh shit if that is true then I WANT TO SEE IT, its like Kakashi Gaiden from Naruto except only 10 000 times more epic...
Prestige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-23, 05:15   Link #40
FoxxFireArt
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Kentucky
Send a message via Yahoo to FoxxFireArt
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prestige View Post
I think it will be semi-canon, much more relevant to the story than earlier 'movies' but its nothing critical.

If you are manga viewer and you miss this movie you wont notice big diffrence but reason why I want to see this movie is purely entertaiment value, I am pretty sure this movie will be very good and worth to check out.

*edit

It looks like that Volume 0 wont be Romance's dawn early version, instead it would be something much much much more epic.

Its glimpse of Gol D Rogers era where Roger,Garp,Sengoku and Whitebeard battled for control of Grand Line.

Ooooh shit if that is true then I WANT TO SEE IT, its like Kakashi Gaiden from Naruto except only 10 000 times more epic...
I think you are assuming much to consider it relevant or canon. It may just be a clever way of working in a movie to the anime. More often there is no real connection with the movies with series like this.

Isn't it interesting that at about the time this part of Kinjjishi is coming up in the anime that the movie will be released, and this bit was in the manga?

They put Nami back in a bikini for this movie. I wonder if she will have the perpetual bounce back as well?
__________________
* * Visit Foxxfire Art for weekly Code Geass 4komas * *
FoxxFireArt is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 18:29.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
We use Silk.