AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Umineko

Notices

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2009-10-16, 18:53   Link #461
Jze0
Hmmm...
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Fast response, thank you.
__________________
::MyAnimeList | Miko priestess::
Jze0 is offline  
Old 2009-10-21, 11:15   Link #462
Riskbreaker
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: UK
A couple of questions:

Firstly, during Eva-Beatrice's accession ceremony, it's mentioned that Lambdadelta gave her recommendation for Eva to be allowed to become a witch. Does this process apply to all witch apprentices? And if so, is it ever explained in the VN who allowed Beato, Lamdadelta, Virgilla & Bernkastel to become witches?
Riskbreaker is offline  
Old 2009-10-21, 11:36   Link #463
Kite22
Wielder of the Bracelet
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Age: 25
Send a message via AIM to Kite22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riskbreaker View Post
A couple of questions:

Firstly, during Eva-Beatrice's accession ceremony, it's mentioned that Lambdadelta gave her recommendation for Eva to be allowed to become a witch. Does this process apply to all witch apprentices? And if so, is it ever explained in the VN who allowed Beato, Lamdadelta, Virgilla & Bernkastel to become witches?
I don't think it applies to all Witches, or at least only certain ones. Bern just sorta "poofed" into existence and it's never said if she and Lambda ever had to be recommended (though it seems they didn't). We don't know who recommended Virgilia and I don't think we know who recommended Beato.
Kite22 is offline  
Old 2009-10-21, 11:40   Link #464
maximilianjenus
[E]
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Beato recommended Beato, whom recommended Beato, whom recommended Beato, whom recommended Beato, whom recommended Beato, whom recommended Beato, whom recommended Beato, whom recommended Beato, whom recommended Beato, whom recommended Beato, whom recommended Beato, whom recommended Beato, whom recommended Beato, whom recommended Beato, whom recommended Beato, whom recommended Beato, whom recommended Beato, whom recommended Beato.

From what I remember based off novel text, they need a mugen+ witch recomendation, so beato could have recomended evatrice, but lambda delta did it herself. Hanyu might have recomended Bernkastel, but maybe beating lambda delta was enough to skip the recommendation part for her.
maximilianjenus is offline  
Old 2009-10-21, 12:01   Link #465
vandakiara
time waits for no one <3
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Portugal, Lisbon
Age: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by maximilianjenus View Post
Beato recommended Beato, whom recommended Beato, whom recommended Beato, whom recommended Beato, whom recommended Beato, whom recommended Beato, whom recommended Beato, whom recommended Beato, whom recommended Beato, whom recommended Beato, whom recommended Beato, whom recommended Beato, whom recommended Beato, whom recommended Beato, whom recommended Beato, whom recommended Beato, whom recommended Beato, whom recommended Beato.

From what I remember based off novel text, they need a mugen+ witch recomendation, so beato could have recomended evatrice, but lambda delta did it herself. Hanyu might have recomended Bernkastel, but maybe beating lambda delta was enough to skip the recommendation part for her.
I don't think that's always the case... I'd say more but it'd be spoilers, so maybe by the end of EP3 you'll know what I mean...
__________________
SOTM 2011 February -
- Couples <3


____________________

vandakiara's attic ~
pwease visit :3


____________________


Believing oneself to be perfect is...
often the sign of a delusional mind
vandakiara is offline  
Old 2009-10-21, 12:10   Link #466
Riskbreaker
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kite22
I don't think it applies to all Witches, or at least only certain ones. Bern just sorta "poofed" into existence and it's never said if she and Lambda ever had to be recommended (though it seems they didn't). We don't know who recommended Virgilia and I don't think we know who recommended Beato.
Ok, A shame that it hasn't been explained for each of them, it all seemed really interesting... Oh well, nevertheless, thanks for the fast response!

Quote:
Originally Posted by maximilianjenus
From what I remember based off novel text, they need a mugen+ witch recomendation, so beato could have recomended evatrice, but lambda delta did it herself. Hanyu might have recomended Bernkastel, but maybe beating lambda delta was enough to skip the recommendation part for her.
A Mugen+ witch recommendation? Is that mean't to be a kind of organisational type achievement or something?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vandakiara
I don't think that's always the case... I'd say more but it'd be spoilers
Please do, i'd like to know!
Riskbreaker is offline  
Old 2009-10-21, 12:22   Link #467
Marion
The Great Dine
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
To become an Endless you need

1) Support from the current Endless Witch (aka the soon to be predecessor)
2) Support from an existing witch on the council of the 'Witches Senate' as they call it.
__________________

Sig by nocco
Marion is offline  
Old 2009-10-21, 12:23   Link #468
Antera Caramichael
French Maid
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Poitiers; France
Age: 22
Spoiler for Witches:
Antera Caramichael is offline  
Old 2009-10-22, 21:58   Link #469
maximilianjenus
[E]
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Spoiler for Episedo4 extra tips and witches:
maximilianjenus is offline  
Old 2009-10-23, 10:47   Link #470
Chrono Helix
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Spoiler for Ep 17:
__________________
Chrono Helix is offline  
Old 2009-10-23, 11:02   Link #471
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: forever lost inside a logic error
Spoiler for episode17 answer:
__________________

Jan-Poo is offline  
Old 2009-10-25, 01:31   Link #472
Lemons
Jazzy
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Nebraska
Since her appearance is finally made known:

Spoiler for Ange question:
__________________
Lemons is offline  
Old 2009-10-25, 01:35   Link #473
Tjfarmer
I'm almost there!
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Bay Area, California
Age: 20
Send a message via AIM to Tjfarmer
Ange was mentioned being ill by Eva during the first chapter in the VN. So during the introductions of Battler, George, Eva, Hideyoshi, Rudolf, and Kyrie. She was never mentioned being ill in the anime.
Tjfarmer is offline  
Old 2009-10-25, 01:40   Link #474
Lemons
Jazzy
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Nebraska
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tjfarmer View Post
Ange was mentioned being ill by Eva during the first chapter in the VN. So during the introductions of Battler, George, Eva, Hideyoshi, Rudolf, and Kyrie. She was never mentioned being ill in the anime.
But that's just poor writing if they come, and mention her in the anime with the drop of a hat, with no other mention of her being sick before that giving us any intel on who she is.


Why would Battler be surprised , and worried for Ange if Beato's magic can only affect Rokkenjima, and if he just mentions her for the first time then? Beatrice can't do anything to Ange as long as she stays off the island, it's not like Battler knows Ange will come to it or not.
__________________
Lemons is offline  
Old 2009-10-25, 01:47   Link #475
SilverSyko
The Anti-Otaku
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Alberta, Canada
Age: 22
Send a message via Skype™ to SilverSyko
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemons View Post
Beatrice can't do anything to Ange as long as she stays off the island, it's not like Battler knows Ange will come to it or not.
Thing is though, Battler is the only person in her direct family that is currently living. He feels he has a duty to return to her and take the parental role in place of their now dead parents.

It's not that he's worried that she'll die, he's worried she'll end up growing up with no family.
__________________
SilverSyko is offline  
Old 2009-10-25, 02:57   Link #476
MarthX
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Age: 29
The anime's official site had Ange listed as Kyrie's child after the first episode aired. It just didn't say her name, it only said child. Umineko is aired for the Japanese demographic not us. They expected the viewer to go there for extra information. You have to go there to see the next episode previews and at the beginning of every episode, it has a text scroll mentioning the site.

The relationship chart list was even translated and posted here numerous times.



Even though they should have mentioned her earlier, there was ways to know without spoiling yourself. Ryukishi07 writes extra TIPS that aren't in the visual novel that may or may not contain important information. The extra information on the site was essentially the anime's version of extra TIPs.
MarthX is offline  
Old 2009-10-25, 11:59   Link #477
Uchiha Soul
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
where is Lambadadelta? i remember the beginning of the 3rd story Beato said that Lambadadelta nominated or voted for Evatrica to become the new one, so she must be her supporter or something like that, i expected to see her in this story? the story may end next epi and she still didnt appear?
i mean she must help Evatrice as her supporter.. right?
Uchiha Soul is offline  
Old 2009-10-25, 12:03   Link #478
Tjfarmer
I'm almost there!
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Bay Area, California
Age: 20
Send a message via AIM to Tjfarmer
Lambdadelta and Bernkastel don't appear much besides some very special scenes, and the Tea Parties, which are those little epilogue like things after everyone is dead. So where she is nobody knows, but next episode the arc will end, so as usual we'll see her in one of the Tea Parties.
Tjfarmer is offline  
Old 2009-10-29, 03:19   Link #479
lubczyk
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Does Umineko have an ending or conclusion? If not, than I'm dropping the franchise. I can't be left handing in the wind.
lubczyk is offline  
Old 2009-10-29, 03:25   Link #480
Christen
Endless Nine
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: In a certain tropical island
Age: 28
It will eventually have an ending. The first season of the anime doesn't have it however. The visual novel hasn't ended yet.
__________________

Please watch where you post and tag your spoilers properly if it's allowed.
Christen is offline  
Closed Thread

Tags
q&a

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:51.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.