AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Fairy Tail

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2009-10-22, 11:20   Link #401
Albafica
Pisces no saint
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: France
Yeah, I already hear this music too, but I can't remember...
__________________
Albafica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-22, 13:08   Link #402
Freya
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Southern California.
Age: 23
Send a message via AIM to Freya
Hey isn't Fairy Tail licensed by Crunchyroll?? Why is AS posting the links to the episodes?
__________________
Freya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-22, 13:24   Link #403
alu546
y prime
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: The South
Age: 26
Send a message via AIM to alu546
Quote:
Originally Posted by p-kun View Post
I'm warming up to Natsu's voice, but he still sounds too smart. Half an octave lower and it would sound like the Gray I had in my mind when I read the manga. Gray's voice is too low, but it doesn't disturb me as much as I thought.

Loki sounds very different than the Loki in my mind when I read the manga. Loki in my mind has a nasal voice deeper than Gray. I never thought his voice would be so high.

The crappy direction doesn't disturb me anymore. I guess the first episode did a good job at smashing my (high) expectation into smithereens. On the other hand, the music is good.

Does anyone know the name of the song played during the Council meeting? It's a classical music, no?
I was always under the impression that Natsu was a smart guy, but chooses not to act it. Kinda like Naruto.

But this series is nothing like Naruto, or One Piece (which it gets compared to)

Right now, the series is going hella fast, but they are fitting the huge chapters from the beginning into wholle episodes so it makes sense. I think this series kicks off when Erza shows up and they enter the first arc.


Erza is love btw, I wonder how her voice sounds.
alu546 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-22, 13:59   Link #404
p-kun
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by alu546 View Post
I was always under the impression that Natsu was a smart guy, but chooses not to act it. Kinda like Naruto.

But this series is nothing like Naruto, or One Piece (which it gets compared to)

Right now, the series is going hella fast, but they are fitting the huge chapters from the beginning into wholle episodes so it makes sense. I think this series kicks off when Erza shows up and they enter the first arc.


Erza is love btw, I wonder how her voice sounds.
I always think that Natsu has lower than average intelligence, but unlike Luffy, he has a working common sense, which is why he seems to be smarter than his One Piece counterpart. But like Luffy, he seems to think with instinct instead of his head. That's just my personal impression.
p-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-22, 14:24   Link #405
MechR
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by p-kun View Post
Does anyone know the name of the song played during the Council meeting? It's a classical music, no?
It's the Habanera from Carmen. The can-can music during the bar fight was the Infernal Galop from Orpheus in the Underworld.

They may be classics, but hearing reused music on top of crappy animation just screamed "NO BUDGET" at me all over again
MechR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-22, 15:22   Link #406
Clarste
Human
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by p-kun View Post
Loki sounds very different than the Loki in my mind when I read the manga. Loki in my mind has a nasal voice deeper than Gray. I never thought his voice would be so high.
His voice sounds like that skirt-chaser guy from School Rumble (Imadori? or something like that), which I'd imagine is the image they're going for. I also imagined him with a much deeper voice, and am wondering how this'll play out. It might work though.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-22, 18:08   Link #407
KK1412
JOEY! WHERE'S MY COFFEE!?
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Deadmans Wonderland
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by p-kun View Post
Loki sounds very different than the Loki in my mind when I read the manga. Loki in my mind has a nasal voice deeper than Gray. I never thought his voice would be so high.
that's not Loki that's Ichigo!!!!!

lol to be honest I thought he would be voiced by masakazu morita who does ichigo
__________________
Phailed to use the internetz
KK1412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-22, 20:08   Link #408
blewin
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
He fits the bodyguard/bully type perfectly, but because people were expecting the adventurer/energetic brawler type, they get thrown off by it...I'm used to it by now, at least it should save the excessive screaming during fights.
hehe, true true.
Quote:
Originally Posted by p-kun
I always think that Natsu has lower than average intelligence, but unlike Luffy, he has a working common sense, which is why he seems to be smarter than his One Piece counterpart. But like Luffy, he seems to think with instinct instead of his head. That's just my personal impression.
I haven't seen One Piece, so I can't compare the two, but Natsu comes across to me as the type who acts by instinct, much like Naruto in a way. But we can't really say Naruto lacks strategies since he plans ahead when using the cloning technique. I guess I'll have to wait a few more episodes to see how Natsu fights later on.

I rewatched episode 2, and I must say I'm annoyed by the "lightning flash" that splits the screen into two to show two characters' reaction. Does anyone find that annoying too? It feels cheesy to me.

the constant Jap characters (manga-like) are ok. I need to find a sub that actually translates them...
__________________

Chrome Shelled Regios
blewin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-22, 22:08   Link #409
Kafriel
Senior Guest
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Athens (GMT+2)
Age: 25
Quote:
I rewatched episode 2, and I must say I'm annoyed by the "lightning flash" that splits the screen into two to show two characters' reaction. Does anyone find that annoying too? It feels cheesy to me.

the constant Jap characters (manga-like) are ok. I need to find a sub that actually translates them...
I don't think it's annoying per se, but it feels too western to use in an anime (although the manga might have it, the animation changes a lot).
As for subs, Taka picked up FT last Monday.
__________________
Kafriel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-22, 23:09   Link #410
Thrillhouse
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Gotta say jsut watching Ep. 1 at the moment. Damn this has some bad animation. Its a great manga but something seems to be leeching and stealing the production value from it. The not a lot of fluidity in character movements its like they scanned the manga page and tacked on some bad animation.


I take that back, the animation is abysmal. Its has to improve because so far its absolutely horrible. Nothing is of quality in comparison to the manga, which is rather good. Often the main characters are often rather lifeless for a main character. They got the same production value as the ambient characters in the backdrop of scenes.

The music is good enough however.

Last edited by Thrillhouse; 2009-10-22 at 23:44.
Thrillhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-23, 10:34   Link #411
p-kun
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by KK1412 View Post
that's not Loki that's Ichigo!!!!!

lol to be honest I thought he would be voiced by masakazu morita who does ichigo
No, Ichigo is still too high. I have a very specific VA in mind, but I can't pinpoint who.

Edit: Ah, I know it, it's similar to Kouza in One Piece. Very different personality wise, but that's the voice. Loki and Kouza are rather alike in appearance too, I guess that's the reason.

Last edited by p-kun; 2009-10-23 at 14:52.
p-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-23, 15:04   Link #412
Kafriel
Senior Guest
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Athens (GMT+2)
Age: 25
I usually don't complain too much about VAs, but Loki's will probably have to change, or at least use a different tone...if they get that far, that is
__________________
Kafriel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-23, 16:46   Link #413
Westlo
Lets be reality
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by alu546 View Post
Erza is love btw, I wonder how her voice sounds.
I'm guessing Ohara will use something similar to her Selvaria from Valkyria Chronicles. Ohara's quickly becoming one of my fav VA's, she shouldn't disappoint.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcExAlcHeMy View Post
in the manga, i could totally feel natsu was pissed when he was walking away from the boy. in the anime, it's like what?. i hope for people who are viewing fairy tail for the first time through the anime adaption will read the manga when you have time.
Yeah man I had no idea Natsu was pissed, I completely ignored him putting a hole in the request board, his past with his "parent" disappearing like Romeo's being explained right before those scenes.. I thought he was out having a stoll to go to another bar for more drinks!
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-24, 06:14   Link #414
iceyfw
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Age: 25
Really? It seemed to me he was going to cry a river to rescue his dad. No clue how you thought he was going to go to another bar.
iceyfw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-24, 08:39   Link #415
Kakkou
18歳腐った(?)少年
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Australia
Classical music does not fit this series really. I wish their composer would lay off them and actually compose I don't know... original music meant for the series?

That aside, the series is average so far. I expected too much from the A1 x Statelight partnership, so its not so bad once I drop my expectations down to near zero. FT is a decent way to watch something to pass time =).

Oh, and to those who are sick of hearing O** P**** in this thread, just do what I do and completely skip/ignore all posts that have the words O** P****, it helps.
Kakkou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-24, 09:18   Link #416
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: England, UK
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakkou View Post
Classical music does not fit this series really. I wish their composer would lay off them and actually compose I don't know... original music meant for the series?
Erm, he has. That piece used during the brawl at Fairy Tail was the only time in the score that it wasn't his own material.
__________________
Shiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-24, 11:36   Link #417
Westlo
Lets be reality
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by IcExAlcHeMy View Post
Really? It seemed to me he was going to cry a river to rescue his dad. No clue how you thought he was going to go to another bar.
Obviously it was due to the poor drawing of his expression
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-24, 17:47   Link #418
Edgewalker
Nani ?
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Emerald Forest ( yes its a real place. )
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freya View Post
Hey isn't Fairy Tail licensed by Crunchyroll?? Why is AS posting the links to the episodes?
Spoiler for Dey see me Flamin:
Edgewalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-24, 17:50   Link #419
KK1412
JOEY! WHERE'S MY COFFEE!?
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Deadmans Wonderland
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by p-kun View Post
No, Ichigo is still too high. I have a very specific VA in mind, but I can't pinpoint who.

Edit: Ah, I know it, it's similar to Kouza in One Piece. Very different personality wise, but that's the voice. Loki and Kouza are rather alike in appearance too, I guess that's the reason.


lol omg your right he does look like him change the hair color and remove the scar

on a different topic

You know I thought Gerard would at least look like Siegrein from Rave Master or even at least sound like him....I think i've already mentioned that

Man I can't wait for the epic fights....
__________________
Phailed to use the internetz
KK1412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-24, 18:22   Link #420
MechR
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Erm, he has. That piece used during the brawl at Fairy Tail was the only time in the score that it wasn't his own material.
Not quite... there was also the music for the Council scene.
MechR is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
action, adventure, fantasy, magic, shounen

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:09.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.