AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2009-10-22, 23:06   Link #21
Alchemist007
自分のチームにいるよ。
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: USA
Age: 25
Vegetarian since birth because of religion. Hate the sight, smell, and just about the taste too. I say that about taste because during my accidental ingestions, I've had ham, chicken, and beef, and it all tasted like either a) nothing or b) blander than tofu.
__________________
Alchemist007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-22, 23:08   Link #22
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Oakland, CA
Age: 30
Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic Send a message via Skype™ to synaesthetic
I am curious what religion forbids eating all meat?

I know Islam and Judaism usually forbid pork, but I'm unfamiliar with a religion that forbids all meat.
__________________
synaesthetic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-22, 23:09   Link #23
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Singapore
Age: 29
I do believe that strict Hindus are vegetarian.
__________________
Those from the lower levels cannot hope to surpass those from the upper.

RIP, Oba-chan (1935-2008)
yezhanquan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-22, 23:09   Link #24
Alchemist007
自分のチームにいるよ。
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: USA
Age: 25
Brahmin Caste of the Hindu religion is not supposed to eat meat. Though I do eat eggs, much to the dismay of my grandma.
__________________
Alchemist007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-22, 23:12   Link #25
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Milwaukee
Age: 24
I believe Sikhism forbids against eating meat as well.
__________________
GuidoHunter_Toki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-22, 23:13   Link #26
Alchemist007
自分のチームにいるよ。
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: USA
Age: 25
Yea, my friend who is Sikh says that too but she as well eats eggs
__________________
Alchemist007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-22, 23:17   Link #27
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Milwaukee
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist007 View Post
Yea, my friend who is Sikh says that too but she as well eats eggs
Well doesn't Sikhism preach to not eat any flesh/meat, so I guess it is if you consider an egg as such.
__________________
GuidoHunter_Toki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-22, 23:29   Link #28
Miyuki-ism
Corpse in Pieces
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Canada/Ontario
Age: 21
Send a message via MSN to Miyuki-ism Send a message via Skype™ to Miyuki-ism
I'm a Christian, I'm fully an omnivore.
__________________
Miyuki-ism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-23, 00:59   Link #29
Kusa-San
I'll end it before April.
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Of course I eat meat but I'm careful with what I eat and I buy most of the time only white meat. Why ? Because white meat is what consume the less resource. For example, as I said in an other thread, a beef use 10.000 litre of water ! So it's important to favour meat such as chicken.

And I only buy good quality meat. In France you have differents labels such as "Label rouge" wich tell you that the meat is well raised.

Us Occidental consume way too much meat when it's not neccesary at all. We need to eat less meat espacially meat such as beef because it's not good for our environment. And when you see how they raised their beef, it's really scary.

So please, eat less meat and, if you eat meat, favour white meat !

By the way, being a vegan is not good for your health. You need to be at least a vegetarian unless you want to have some deficiency.
__________________
Kusa-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-23, 01:04   Link #30
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Oakland, CA
Age: 30
Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic Send a message via Skype™ to synaesthetic
In my cooking experience I have learned that France consumes more meat than most any other European country. ^^;

And while I do enjoy a good steak, my meat of choice is actually pork. I also love fish very much. Chicken is good, but not my favorite.

Edit: Not to hijack my own thread, but "wasting water" is not possible. Matter can neither be created nor destroyed. Water that we drink today, was probably drunk by dinosaurs 100 million years ago. It is very likely the same water, just having gone through many phase changes.
__________________
synaesthetic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-23, 01:32   Link #31
Kusa-San
I'll end it before April.
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by synaesthetic View Post
In my cooking experience I have learned that France consumes more meat than most any other European country. ^^;
I will not be surprised if it's the case but what's really important here is how the meat is raised. With the "Label Rouge" you know that your meat is raised in free-range, eat grass etc...



Quote:
Edit: Not to hijack my own thread, but "wasting water" is not possible. Matter can neither be created nor destroyed. Water that we drink today, was probably drunk by dinosaurs 100 million years ago. It is very likely the same water, just having gone through many phase changes.
We're talking about drinking water here and this kind of water is not infinite at all. It's not for nothing that many people think there will be war because of the water.
__________________
Kusa-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-23, 01:42   Link #32
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: The Great Justice
Send a message via AIM to Tsuyoshi Send a message via MSN to Tsuyoshi
I eat meat. I never found anything unnatural about it. Humans are omnivorous, meaning they are capable of consuming both fruits and vegetables as well as meat. If our bodies are capable of consuming meat, there's nothing unnatural about it. At the same time, I respect vegetarian's reasoning and concern for other living creatures and how they came to be vegetarians and their refusal to eat meat. I don't find anything unnatural in that either as humans, being omnivorous, are also potentially capable of surviving without meat and can obtain essential nutrients from other sources.
Tsuyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-23, 01:42   Link #33
Evil Rick
Black Dragon
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: In the Netherrealm, thinking who to betray next...
I love meat, either a double hamburger with cheese and bacon or a beef steak with mushroms sausage and mashed potatoes. Hmmmmm...

Crap... now I'm hungry. @_@;
__________________
Evil Rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-23, 01:44   Link #34
Kusa-San
I'll end it before April.
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoko Takeo View Post
At the same time, I respect vegetarian's reasoning and concern for other living creatures and how they came to be vegetarians and their refusal to eat meat. I don't find anything unnatural in that either as humans, being omnivorous, are also potentially capable of surviving without meat and can obtain essential nutrients from other sources.
Yep but it's only valid iy you're a vegetarian (because of egg etc...) . If you're a vegan is not the same thing at all.
__________________
Kusa-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-23, 01:48   Link #35
Alchemist007
自分のチームにいるよ。
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: USA
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kusa-San View Post
We're talking about drinking water here and this kind of water is not infinite at all. It's not for nothing that many people think there will be war because of the water.
Reminds me of this



I'm probably being too simplistic but I figure u can just boil ocean water and recapture the vapor which should be pure water.
__________________
Alchemist007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-23, 02:00   Link #36
Irkalla
I asked for this
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Winterfell
Age: 25
Although I have many environmentalists in my household who tend to reduce their meat cravings to the minimum, I personally just can't live without it for a long period of time. They influenced me enough not to eat beef or pork too often, but their influences also made me a bigger hate target to the animal loving vegans/vegetarians. The reason being that I absolutely love horse meat, which tends to be quite a great taboo, although it really depends where you live. Another weird one I love is kangaroo meat, very healthy.
__________________
Irkalla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-23, 02:19   Link #37
Kusa-San
I'll end it before April.
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist007 View Post
Reminds me of this



Quote:

I'm probably being too simplistic but I figure u can just boil ocean water and recapture the vapor which should be pure water.
Well it's true that you can convert the seawater into drinking water but it's really expensive and it consome a huge amount of power.

Quote:

Although I have many environmentalists in my household who tend to reduce their meat cravings to the minimum, I personally just can't live without it for a long period of time. They influenced me enough not to eat beef or pork too often, but their influences also made me a bigger hate target to the animal loving vegans/vegetarians. The reason being that I absolutely love horse meat, which tends to be quite a great taboo, although it really depends where you live. Another weird one I love is kangaroo meat, very healthy.
I don't like horse food even if in my Family we eat it very often. I prefer the taste of a beef. And yes, kangaroo meat is quite good I eat ostrich meat too and it's good but too tough.
__________________
Kusa-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-23, 03:04   Link #38
Alchemist007
自分のチームにいるよ。
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: USA
Age: 25
Quote:
Well it's true that you can convert the seawater into drinking water but it's really expensive and it consome a huge amount of power.
Perhaps at the corporate worldwide level. But if you find yourself out of water someday, just make a fire, get a funnel and some tubing...
__________________
Alchemist007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-23, 03:11   Link #39
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Oakland, CA
Age: 30
Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic Send a message via Skype™ to synaesthetic
Desalinization plants are very expensive to run, however, it's not that there's a shortage of fresh drinking water. Like everything else, it's not a resource shortage but a resource allocation issue.
__________________
synaesthetic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-23, 03:16   Link #40
Kitsune
九尾の狐
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: With lots of bunny girls.
Age: 29
I'm carnivorous so... yes! xD
Kitsune is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:18.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.