AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Macross

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2009-10-25, 18:41   Link #621
Tak
☭ автомат Калашникова ☭
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Neu Herzogtum Zeon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
Maybe the Macross is an old remnants of the Supervision Army fleet before they underwent miclonization.
The Macross is not an old remnant of the Supervision Army fleet. It only took roughly a decade for the ship to crash land and then relaunched, so its really not that old at all.

Moreover, the Supervision Army by no means disappeared from the galaxy. It can be assumed that they are still battling out against the rest of the Zentradi's many thousands worth of million ship fleets.

- Tak
__________________
- Flight to Brazil? $1,500
- FIFA Stadium Ticket? $500
- Witnessing Coach Joachim Lw crack a smile at the World-Cup Final? PRICELESS


There are some things money can't buy. For everything else, there is Master Card.


Get strong like ROCK! Not weak like Barack! Putincize now!

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-25, 20:00   Link #622
Yot-chan
Minmay Guard
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
Moreover, the Supervision Army by no means disappeared from the galaxy. It can be assumed that they are still battling out against the rest of the Zentradi's many thousands worth of million ship fleets.

- Tak
Are you sure about that? If so, how? Everything I've read states nothing about it, one way or another.
Yot-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-25, 20:54   Link #623
Tak
☭ автомат Калашникова ☭
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Neu Herzogtum Zeon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yot-chan View Post
Are you sure about that? If so, how? Everything I've read states nothing about it, one way or another.
That is why I said 'it can be assumed', since nowhere did it ever state that the Supervision Army is dead.

Moreover, it is a fact that the Zentradi only found Earth because they thought they were tracking a Supervision Army vessel.

If the Zentradi by the time of Space War I had approximately 2,000 fleets of 4.8 ~ 5 million ships each, it is equally probable for the Supervision Army to posses the same capacity.

- Tak
__________________
- Flight to Brazil? $1,500
- FIFA Stadium Ticket? $500
- Witnessing Coach Joachim Lw crack a smile at the World-Cup Final? PRICELESS


There are some things money can't buy. For everything else, there is Master Card.


Get strong like ROCK! Not weak like Barack! Putincize now!

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-25, 21:36   Link #624
Yot-chan
Minmay Guard
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
That is why I said 'it can be assumed', since nowhere did it ever state that the Supervision Army is dead.

Moreover, it is a fact that the Zentradi only found Earth because they thought they were tracking a Supervision Army vessel.

If the Zentradi by the time of Space War I had approximately 2,000 fleets of 4.8 ~ 5 million ships each, it is equally probable for the Supervision Army to posses the same capacity.

- Tak
True...but I could never tell if Britai's pursuit of the Macross was an active part of the war, or if it was just part of the mop-up after victory.

I'm still waiting for Macross Chronicle to address the issue...but something tells me it won't.
Yot-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-25, 21:45   Link #625
Tak
☭ автомат Калашникова ☭
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Neu Herzogtum Zeon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yot-chan View Post
True...but I could never tell if Britai's pursuit of the Macross was an active part of the war, or if it was just part of the mop-up after victory.

I'm still waiting for Macross Chronicle to address the issue...but something tells me it won't.
The only thing that resembled a Supervision Army fleet at all appeared in Macross 2, and even so, their number seemed a lot fewer than their Zentradi counterparts.

- Tak
__________________
- Flight to Brazil? $1,500
- FIFA Stadium Ticket? $500
- Witnessing Coach Joachim Lw crack a smile at the World-Cup Final? PRICELESS


There are some things money can't buy. For everything else, there is Master Card.


Get strong like ROCK! Not weak like Barack! Putincize now!

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-25, 22:00   Link #626
Yot-chan
Minmay Guard
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
The only thing that resembled a Supervision Army fleet at all appeared in Macross 2, and even so, their number seemed a lot fewer than their Zentradi counterparts.

- Tak
Seto Kaiba (formerly, I'm told, a frequent poster Robotech.com who now spends most of his time at RobotechX.com and Macross World), who probably knows more about Macross II than anybody except the people who worked on it, said that the director dropped hints in interviews that the Marduk were actually descendants of the Protoculture.

He says they were just hints, though...
Yot-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-25, 22:09   Link #627
Tak
☭ автомат Калашникова ☭
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Neu Herzogtum Zeon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yot-chan View Post
Seto Kaiba (formerly, I'm told, a frequent poster Robotech.com who now spends most of his time at RobotechX.com and Macross World), who probably knows more about Macross II than anybody except the people who worked on it, said that the director dropped hints in interviews that the Marduk were actually descendants of the Protoculture.

He says they were just hints, though...
I had a lot of conversation with Seto in Robotech.com, and he is very fervent on insisting that the Mar'dook' are descendants of Protoculture.

Of course, this has nothing to do with the Supervision Army because Macross II follows DYRL's timeline and DYRL had no Supervision Army to begin with. The Mardook simply resembled them on some levels, that is all.

That guy is overly fanatical about Macross II, for reasons I will never know.

- Tak
__________________
- Flight to Brazil? $1,500
- FIFA Stadium Ticket? $500
- Witnessing Coach Joachim Lw crack a smile at the World-Cup Final? PRICELESS


There are some things money can't buy. For everything else, there is Master Card.


Get strong like ROCK! Not weak like Barack! Putincize now!

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-25, 22:59   Link #628
Yot-chan
Minmay Guard
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
I had a lot of conversation with Seto in Robotech.com, and he is very fervent on insisting that the Mar'dook' are descendants of Protoculture.

Of course, this has nothing to do with the Supervision Army because Macross II follows DYRL's timeline and DYRL had no Supervision Army to begin with. The Mardook simply resembled them on some levels, that is all.

That guy is overly fanatical about Macross II, for reasons I will never know.

- Tak
I don't really get it either, but hey, different strokes, right? At least he can truthfully claim that he's the Foremost Expert on Macross II.

Which is kind of like saying that one is the Foremost Expert on Magazone 23 Part III, or Yamato 2520, or G-Saviour, but still...I guess it's something to be proud of.
Yot-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-26, 02:02   Link #629
Minmay
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yot-chan View Post

But in Macross 7, it's revealed that the Supervision Army was/is made up of Miclones and Zentradi brainwashed by the Protodeviln. However, we still don't know much more about them.
I think macross 7 is important after all
many people said its bad ,,,
I'm gonna watch it then ..



this picture make me think if the owner (macross frontier) is bretai ..

if i'm wrong , so why is he holding minmei photo ?

Last edited by Minmay; 2009-10-26 at 02:14.
Minmay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-26, 07:26   Link #630
Tak
☭ автомат Калашникова ☭
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Neu Herzogtum Zeon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yot-chan View Post
...I guess it's something to be proud of.
Heh, until it starts to get condescending.

Not that I mind, because I don't argue with him...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minmay View Post
this picture make me think if the owner (macross frontier) is bretai ..

if i'm wrong , so why is he holding minmei photo ?
It cannot be Britai Kridanik, because he is the commander-in-chief of the UN SPACY fleet. If anything, he would be closer to the NUNS HQ than out there in the far reaches of space.

Why is he holding a Minmei photo? Easy, after Space War I, a lot of Zent defected. Many of them were mesmerized by Minmei, so its not unusual for some of them to hold a memorabilia or two.

- Tak
__________________
- Flight to Brazil? $1,500
- FIFA Stadium Ticket? $500
- Witnessing Coach Joachim Lw crack a smile at the World-Cup Final? PRICELESS


There are some things money can't buy. For everything else, there is Master Card.


Get strong like ROCK! Not weak like Barack! Putincize now!

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-26, 09:55   Link #631
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: forever lost inside a logic error
Quote:
As I said, the Supervision Army was made up of Miclones AND Zentradi.

In that airlock scene, I seem to remember a Miclone-size airlock right next to the giant one...could be wrong about that, but I'm pretty sure I'm not.
Sorry about that I didn't notice the "and" ^^;

Personally I don't see any small airlock near the big one, and if that existed why Hikaru didn't use that instead? But Since Exedor said they were miclones and zentradi it can be assumed they used different ships and the macross was meant for the zentradi in their giant form.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
The Macross is not an old remnant of the Supervision Army fleet. It only took roughly a decade for the ship to crash land and then relaunched, so its really not that old at all.

Moreover, the Supervision Army by no means disappeared from the galaxy. It can be assumed that they are still battling out against the rest of the Zentradi's many thousands worth of million ship fleets.

- Tak
Your second point do make sense and I think your assumption is logic. But as for the first part I don't think it is relevant, because when the macross landed on earth it was already abandoned and we don't know for how many years.

There was no mention of any alien corpse being found on the ship and there's the fact it was set as a booby trap.
__________________

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-26, 17:44   Link #632
Yot-chan
Minmay Guard
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
Sorry about that I didn't notice the "and" ^^;

Personally I don't see any small airlock near the big one, and if that existed why Hikaru didn't use that instead? But Since Exedor said they were miclones and zentradi it can be assumed they used different ships and the macross was meant for the zentradi in their giant form.
Mmm...I went back and check. I wasn't completely right, but I don't think I was completely wrong, either.

Here's the pic:

The airlock is giant, but there IS a miclone-sized staircase built there. Now, I suppose it could have been added during the retrofitting of the ship, but since this portion of the ship was kind of "unknown," I don't think it was. Maybe I'm wrong, though.
Yot-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-30, 10:47   Link #633
ReddyRedWolf
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
It cannot be Britai Kridanik, because he is the commander-in-chief of the UN SPACY fleet. If anything, he would be closer to the NUNS HQ than out there in the far reaches of space.

- Tak
Had a talk with Gubaba. According to the VF-1 Master Files Vrlitwhai Kridanik was in command of the Megaroad-03 Fleet.

Which kind of explains why we don't see his face around even if he was the UN Forces Supreme Commander.

Megaroad-03 may have a SDFN Macross but it is not stated yet.

There are only 12 SDFN Macross class built (Whats this BSG?). Some Megaroad fleets have two or more of them.

The only known SDFNs are the SDFN-01 Hayase (named after Misa's dad) and the SDFN-04 Global.

The SDFN-01 launched in 2013. A year before Megaroad-02 and Megaroad-03 launched which is 2014.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-30, 17:14   Link #634
Yot-chan
Minmay Guard
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
Had a talk with Gubaba. According to the VF-1 Master Files Vrlitwhai Kridanik was in command of the Megaroad-03 Fleet.

Which kind of explains why we don't see his face around even if he was the UN Forces Supreme Commander.
I don't know if this was my mistake or yours, but Britai's ship wasn't the Megaroad-03, it was the SDF-3. Britai took command of U.N. Spacy in 2016, so I find it odd that he would be on an Emigration Fleet, however...
Yot-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-30, 18:28   Link #635
Tak
☭ автомат Калашникова ☭
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Neu Herzogtum Zeon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yot-chan View Post
I don't know if this was my mistake or yours, but Britai's ship wasn't the Megaroad-03, it was the SDF-3. Britai took command of U.N. Spacy in 2016, so I find it odd that he would be on an Emigration Fleet, however...
I don't think he was on the Megaroad 03, either.

And I don't think he would even want to commandeer a 'human' ship.

- Tak
__________________
- Flight to Brazil? $1,500
- FIFA Stadium Ticket? $500
- Witnessing Coach Joachim Lw crack a smile at the World-Cup Final? PRICELESS


There are some things money can't buy. For everything else, there is Master Card.


Get strong like ROCK! Not weak like Barack! Putincize now!

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-31, 01:49   Link #636
ReddyRedWolf
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yot-chan View Post
I don't know if this was my mistake or yours, but Britai's ship wasn't the Megaroad-03, it was the SDF-3. Britai took command of U.N. Spacy in 2016, so I find it odd that he would be on an Emigration Fleet, however...
Oh yeah SDF-3 is Megaroad-02. Focused too much on the number 3.

Quote:
And I don't think he would even want to commandeer a 'human' ship.
Well not necessarily inside the Megaroad itself. Colud be like the Megaroad 1 escorted by a Zentradi ship.

sketchley said from his translations fleet composition of a Megaroad super long range emigration fleets are 1 Megaroad, Zentradi ships, SDFNs, battleships, ARMDs.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-04, 09:53   Link #637
KaoruLia
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Australia
When exactly is Alto's birthday?? I tried looking for it but I can't find any info on it.
KaoruLia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-04, 14:32   Link #638
Foreshadow
Nyaa~
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaoruLia View Post
When exactly is Alto's birthday?? I tried looking for it but I can't find any info on it.
I think it's July 27, 2042
Foreshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-07, 12:08   Link #639
ReddyRedWolf
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foreshadow View Post
I think it's July 27, 2042
Confirmed
http://macross.anime.net/wiki/2042
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-08, 23:16   Link #640
robotechtehbest
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Q: Robotech vs Macross? Best version?

A: Robotech best version, best audio, best censor, best dub, improve story. Macross too soup opera, Robotech action mecha militar story.

You see Robotech LAM out!!! Robotech rule Macross.
robotechtehbest is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
q&a

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:21.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.