AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Games

Notices

Old 2009-10-09, 04:34   Link #221
Xion Valkyrie

Nobody wants to post pics? I guess I'll start.

My cute L42 Assassin:

Spoiler:
Xion Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-09, 13:50   Link #222
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Send a message via AIM to Kyero Fox
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xion Valkyrie View Post
Nobody wants to post pics? I guess I'll start.

My cute L42 Assassin:

Spoiler:
lol awww, she looks just old enough not to care if her blood is on my blades I target small people in PVP like your character
Old 2009-10-09, 14:56   Link #223
Xion Valkyrie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
lol awww, she looks just old enough not to care if her blood is on my blades I target small people in PVP like your character
Go ahead and try. I have not been successfully ganked yet.
Xion Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-24, 12:58   Link #224
Ending

A word of warning if you are thinking of buying Aion Online:

Buying the box is not enough! You must also buy gametime before you can use the "free period." If you don't have a credit card, this means that you must buy a two month gametime card! The big "First 30 days of play included" -letters in the frontbox are nothing but a scam!

Spoiler:

Sorry if this has been said before, but I'm effing pissed because of this. Their advertising has been blatantly misleading and I found out only after buying the game, registering my account, wondering why it didn't work, and reading the online help. I'm not kidding: Monday I will march back to the store (GameStop) and demand my money back. Else it's a criminal charge for misleading advertising.

Spoiler:

The worst case scenario is that I'm either forced to cough up 30 euros more (49€ of the game, 30€ of gametime) or throw away the box, both being bad options for a new customer. If I buy the extra gametime I have to play for three months a game I have no idea about. I might end up hating it. If I throw away the box it's the same as throwing away 49 euros, since the box alone isn't enough to play while all this time I was expecting at least a glimpse of the game for the money I already paid.

Oh, and yes; if we play devil's advocate, what they say on their box is technically correct. They do give 30 days of gametime with the box. You just can't use it before you pay more. If you don't pay more, you can't play at all.

Last edited by Ending; 2009-10-24 at 13:42.
Ending is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-24, 14:10   Link #225
2H-Dragon
Silent Warrior

Weird my bro got the box from Gamestop and got the one month free without paying anything. Same for me I bought it straight from NCsoft and got my month of free playtime, without paying anything.

You're the first one I heard about this. :O

edit:
Quote:
Originally Posted by PlayNC
You will not be billed at the time of activation if using a valid credit or debit card. Your card will be automatically billed for the first time when your included month of game time expires. You will be placed on a recurring billing plan and will be billed according to the payment plan you chose until deactivated.

If you choose the PayPal® Automatically recur payment option, you will also not be billed at the time of activation. You will be automatically billed once your included month of game time expires. You will be placed on a recurring billing plan and will be billed according to the payment plan you chose until deactivated.

You can always cancel the billing on the account before the included month of time ends to avoid being billed when using the two payment options above.
Well you can always cancel the billing. Weird that me or my bro didn't have this prob.
2H-Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-24, 15:41   Link #226
EoT
~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ending View Post
A word of warning if you are thinking of buying Aion Online:

Buying the box is not enough! You must also buy gametime before you can use the "free period." If you don't have a credit card, this means that you must buy a two month gametime card! The big "First 30 days of play included" -letters in the frontbox are nothing but a scam!

Spoiler:

Sorry if this has been said before, but I'm effing pissed because of this. Their advertising has been blatantly misleading and I found out only after buying the game, registering my account, wondering why it didn't work, and reading the online help. I'm not kidding: Monday I will march back to the store (GameStop) and demand my money back. Else it's a criminal charge for misleading advertising.

Spoiler:

The worst case scenario is that I'm either forced to cough up 30 euros more (49€ of the game, 30€ of gametime) or throw away the box, both being bad options for a new customer. If I buy the extra gametime I have to play for three months a game I have no idea about. I might end up hating it. If I throw away the box it's the same as throwing away 49 euros, since the box alone isn't enough to play while all this time I was expecting at least a glimpse of the game for the money I already paid.

Oh, and yes; if we play devil's advocate, what they say on their box is technically correct. They do give 30 days of gametime with the box. You just can't use it before you pay more. If you don't pay more, you can't play at all.
Wrong. You do get the first 30 days free but in order to get it you need to have a valid Credit Card validated onto your account. They do not charge any fee's untill the first 30 days are over.

This is the same process as any online game. WoW, FFXI and Aion.
EoT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-24, 15:51   Link #227
Ending

@ EoT

Quote:
If you don't have a credit card--
If it says "First 30 days of play included" I fully expect it to include 30 days of play without any gimmicks. I'm not going to buy a credit card just for one game. Bloody annoying from NCSoft >.>

Last edited by Ending; 2009-10-24 at 16:02.
Old 2009-10-25, 00:10   Link #228
Zhaxra

Xion, she is very cute.

My lvl 27 Gladiator is kind of plain compared to yours.

Spoiler for 1080p:

Is it just me, or is soloing a little more difficult once you hit lvl 25?
Old 2009-10-25, 23:21   Link #229
EoT
~~

Quote:
@ EoT

If it says "First 30 days of play included" I fully expect it to include 30 days of play without any gimmicks. I'm not going to buy a credit card just for one game. Bloody annoying from NCSoft >.>
You should of read the box then as it says credit card required to play

Anyway I decided to cancel my account today. Not that into it really and not enough time to really be the best.
EoT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-26, 00:01   Link #230
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhaxra View Post
Xion, she is very cute.

My lvl 27 Gladiator is kind of plain compared to yours.

Spoiler for 1080p:

Is it just me, or is soloing a little more difficult once you hit lvl 25?
too skinny she needs more muscle to wield that huge polearm I'd give her a 4/10
Old 2009-10-26, 03:38   Link #231
Zhaxra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
too skinny she needs more muscle to wield that huge polearm I'd give her a 4/10
Just think of her as a typical movie actress who just landed an action role.

That's one area that the Champions Character Creator (in Beta) was better at. Not only could you do the mass of the body, but on how muscular they were as well. That would have really cool.
Old 2009-10-26, 07:07   Link #232
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhaxra View Post
Just think of her as a typical movie actress who just landed an action role.
still a 4/10
Old 2009-10-27, 07:39   Link #233
Ending

@ EoT

I know, but that's the problem of it: the front of the package is misleading and I had never heard of similar requirments before. Hence the warning.

Today I'll be visiting the shop, but I doubt they care one bit. Which means that I still need to give a visit to the officials.
Old 2009-10-27, 21:19   Link #234
Mr Hat and Clogs
Troublemaker Fanclub

Have you used the key? Because AFAIK, you are sweet out of luck and screwed once you open the box on an MMO and use the key. I doubt anyone can do anything for you.

And pretty much every MMO I have played have done the same and required you to put in a credit card (or PayPal). The only one that didn't was Linage 2, since the box I got had a time card in it for the first 30 days. Thing with the Credit and PayPal options are you can cancel them as soon as you put them in and no 'pay' anything and you still get the 30 days. They just want the details to activate the account. Seems stupid to me but that's the way they go.
Old 2009-10-27, 23:37   Link #235
Xacual

That's what i did, I used my card to activate the account and then cancelled right afterwards.
Old 2009-10-28, 06:23   Link #236
Ending

@ Mr Hat and Clogs

Actually, I got my money back easier than I expected. They said that Aion has given them nothing but trouble because of missing CDs, invalid keycodes, and now this.

Quote:
Have you used the key?
Nope. I couldn't do a thing before buying a gametime card. Not even register the game. The package was basically a pile of pretty plastic until a second purchase was done, even if it is only symbolic for those of you who got a credit card.

Don't forget that when you use to your credit card to verify your purchase you have to give out your personal and bank info. Imagine: you buy a game and you have to fill out your personal details and banking info before you can play!

Quote:
pretty much every MMO I have played have done the same
WoW, Guild Wars, and Warhammer didn't, of the commerical games, and none of the free ones. I'll be trying Eve Online next.
Old 2009-10-28, 10:10   Link #237
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Well.... this game LOOKS very pretty. But so does Perfect World (which is free). Penny Arcade had a few strips about just how pretty you can make your characters.

How is the gameplay? Is there a lot of content or does it depend on simple kill tasks, postman tasks, and PvP? Yeah, I've read the reviews and the thread... but the more critique the better.

... and Xion, yeah that is one cute little assassin. How are the facial expression emotes? Age of Conan has some fairly sophisticated ones.
Old 2009-10-28, 18:11   Link #238
General_Asakura
Random Lazy Dude

Time for me to shine!

This assassin is Alyssea, my main.

The Sorcerer is Ceylon and the Gladiator is my brothers character, Cloudo.

Both Ceylon and Cloudo are inspired by certain Final Fantasy Characters....

Spoiler for Space:

enjoy ^__^
Old 2009-10-29, 19:00   Link #239
Sciel
Etoilé

Quote:
@ Mr Hat and Clogs

Actually, I got my money back easier than I expected. They said that Aion has given them nothing but trouble because of missing CDs, invalid keycodes, and now this.

Nope. I couldn't do a thing before buying a gametime card. Not even register the game. The package was basically a pile of pretty plastic until a second purchase was done, even if it is only symbolic for those of you who got a credit card.

Don't forget that when you use to your credit card to verify your purchase you have to give out your personal and bank info. Imagine: you buy a game and you have to fill out your personal details and banking info before you can play!

WoW, Guild Wars, and Warhammer didn't, of the commerical games, and none of the free ones. I'll be trying Eve Online next.
Unless it has changed recently i remember when i registered my WoW account that i had to either give them my credit card info or buy a game card before i was actually credited with the free 30 days and able to log into the game. Personally at that time i thought it was a rather shoddy way of doing things , surprised though that this is the first time i've seen someone bringing this up :P .
Sciel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-30, 13:41   Link #240
Skane
Anime Snark

Arrow

I'm a little surprised that there hasn't been any pictures of Nanoha-themed characters yet, since this is a near perfect way of getting "Loli" Mahou Shoujo with bombastic spell effects in a MMO setting.

You could make a macro that emotes, "LET'S BE FRIENDS!" while you blow the opposing faction member out of the sky with a super-powered beam attack. The entertaining possibilities and snarky screenshots are limitless!

Heck, we could do it for Reinforce, since she has black feathered wings canonically.

Or maybe something like this?

Cheers.

Tags
aion, mmorpg, ncsoft, windows