AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Monogatari Series

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2009-10-27, 19:38   Link #81
Raiga
tl;dr
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Age: 22
I just realized that Monday is part of "fall break" here. Meaning no class.

AWESOME.

I hope they announce airing time soon. Even if it's 5 in the morning, I'm watching it.
__________________
Raiga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-27, 19:41   Link #82
Clarste
Human
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Age: 28
I guess this is kinda good because I have a paper to write today and a midterm tomorrow.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-28, 11:08   Link #83
klare
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by zato_1one View Post
I agree. I guess that this is the reason why episode 13 is delayed.

Comparison between DVD (left) and TV (right)

OK. I forgive you, SHAFT.
why need to change the Sunday date from 10th to 14th?
klare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-28, 11:30   Link #84
Raiga
tl;dr
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Age: 22
Dunno, but I have a hunch... Mother's Day this year (2009) was May 10th, but the last time Mother's Day was on the 14th was 2006... and Bakemonogatari was first published 2006. So I guess it's sort of the inferred time the story takes place?

EDIT: Had a brief panic for a second until I looked it up again and they celebrate it in Japan on the same day they do in the US. I still feel a bit silly for not checking to begin with, but, well, there you go.
__________________
Raiga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-28, 11:36   Link #85
freakonboard
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
^
Maybe they want the story to take place in 2006, the year that the novel was first published.

FYI, Japanese Mother's Day is the second Sunday in May.


Edit: got ninja'd
freakonboard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-28, 12:02   Link #86
yura`
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Asia Pacific
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by zato_1one View Post
I agree. I guess that this is the reason why episode 13 is delayed.

Comparison between DVD (left) and TV (right)

OK. I forgive you, SHAFT.
Woww, I'm just amazed at the differences between the DVD and TV broadcast. Makes me want to get my hands on the DVD! Thanks for posting this link up!
yura` is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-28, 23:07   Link #87
Xapheron
Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Singapore
Age: 22
Anyone else sad there's only 15 eps? There are quite a few more parts about his sisters and I really wanted to see the part where Koyomi turns into a vampire.
Spoiler for Shinobu:
Xapheron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-28, 23:31   Link #88
Miyuki-ism
Corpse in Pieces
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Canada/Ontario
Age: 21
Send a message via MSN to Miyuki-ism Send a message via Skype™ to Miyuki-ism
People should really read more into the series before saying that.

The part about Koyomi and Shinobu is Kizumonogatari, and the part about the Araragi sisters is Nisemonogatari. These are all light novels.

Bakemonogatari covers all the main points of the two main books.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bakemon...i#Light_novels
__________________
Miyuki-ism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-29, 23:18   Link #89
Full Metal Coast
-Gantzer-
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Perth, Western Australia - Down Where The City Meets The Sea
Age: 25
Does anywhere have the light novels translated yet?
__________________
Full Metal Coast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-30, 03:35   Link #90
Strange
Incoherent at best.
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Baka-tsuki might, you'll have to check.

Looking at the DVD version, it looks like they went and fixed all the English errors--like "peparent teacher passociation" to "parent teacher association," etc. Do want.
Strange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-31, 08:09   Link #91
sirn
レス乞食
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Updates from AkibaBlog:

- The dubbing for Tsubasa Cat Part Three has finished since a few days ago.
- Episode 13 itself is scheduled to be finish on November 2nd, the webcast will start past evening.
- Although the player's screen is quite small, Yuma said he's going to prioritize on the video quality.
- They've rent the server from a provider that responsible for 2008 Olympics webcast (in Japan) to use with the series so it probably won't going to down. They've also prepare an additional server just in case.

- Magazine pin-up is scheduled after the web cast.
- Suruga Monkey is going to have a lot of addition scenes, judging from what Yuma said.
sirn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-31, 12:15   Link #92
Raiga
tl;dr
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Age: 22
Small video frame... well, if the video quality is good and there's a fullscreen button I don't think I'll mind. Thanks for the info!
__________________
Raiga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-31, 12:39   Link #93
zato_1one
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirn View Post
Suruga Monkey is going to have a lot of addition scenes, judging from what Yuma said.
Well, this may affect episode 14 schedule. But it's understandable.
__________________
zato_1one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-31, 13:26   Link #94
qwertyman
Izumi is the best!
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: DE, USA
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirn View Post
- They've rent the server from a provider that responsible for 2008 Olympics webcast (in Japan) to use with the series so it probably won't going to down. They've also prepare an additional server just in case.
Hah, nice to know they have the foresight for this.
qwertyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-31, 13:30   Link #95
Velsy
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
not long now !

Looking forward to black classrep-chan!~nya

no doubt shes going to go after arararagi-kun this time round! ^_^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xapheron View Post
Anyone else sad there's only 15 eps? There are quite a few more parts about his sisters and I really wanted to see the part where Koyomi turns into a vampire.
Spoiler for Shinobu:
Same <.<
__________________

Donated by Om Nerabdator
Velsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-31, 20:45   Link #96
Malkuth
Banned
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: London
Age: 34
Send a message via MSN to Malkuth Send a message via Skype™ to Malkuth
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirn View Post
Updates from AkibaBlog:

- The dubbing for Tsubasa Cat Part Three has finished since a few days ago.
- Episode 13 itself is scheduled to be finish on November 2nd, the webcast will start past evening.
- Although the player's screen is quite small, Yuma said he's going to prioritize on the video quality.
- They've rent the server from a provider that responsible for 2008 Olympics webcast (in Japan) to use with the series so it probably won't going to down. They've also prepare an additional server just in case.

- Magazine pin-up is scheduled after the web cast.
- Suruga Monkey is going to have a lot of addition scenes, judging from what Yuma said.
Thanks for the info mate ... I also do not mind video quality, and despite hating the delay, I prefer it to episode 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velsy View Post
not long now !

Looking forward to black classrep-chan!~nya

no doubt shes going to go after arararagi-kun this time round! ^_^

Same <.<
I also want to see Kisshot, damn I hate waiting
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-01, 05:33   Link #97
sora12
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
is there possible that this series will have a sequel?
sora12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-01, 05:37   Link #98
brocko
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: \(_o)/
There's a very high possibility of it happening imo. In fact they'd probably have to be thinking backwards if we don't get a sequel. Although with that said, there hasn't been any official word on a sequel yet i don't think, but that's all probably just a matter of time.
__________________

http://www.freerice.com/ - For each word you get right, 10 grains of rice is donated through the UN to help end world hunger.
brocko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-01, 05:39   Link #99
Westlo
Lets be reality
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by sora12 View Post
is there possible that this series will have a sequel?
It's going to be the best selling tv series that doesn't have any mecha in it, it will have a sequel, it's just not logical if it doesn't. I think the following is everything on dvd/bluray over 35,000 avg, may have missed something but whatever.

Gundam Seed Destiny 69,247
Bakemonogatari 65,945 (One Volume)
Gundam Seed 58,563
Code Geass 50,552
Macross Frontier 44,178
K-ON! 41,491 (4 Volumes)
Code Geass R2 41,332
Suzumiya Haruhi 41,307 (season 2 material is @ 22,959 after 2 vols)
Gundam 00 39,519
Fullmetal Alchemist 36,519 (Brotherhood is @ 19,351 after 2 vols)
Gundam 00 Season 2 35,007

K-ON! probably slots in between Haruhi and Gundam 00 after it's finished considered shows drop sales with every volume bringing the avg down. Bake should finish above Code Geass.. just depends on the drop off.. Mayoi's Volume sales will give us an indication.

As you can see Bakemonogatari is a big deal.. and everything in that list that's older than a year either has a sequel of some sorts (tv series or movie) or is a sequel itself.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-01, 14:26   Link #100
ac195
Koh nara dekiru!!!
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: August 17th - 31st
Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
It's going to be the best selling tv series that doesn't have any mecha in it, it will have a sequel, it's just not logical if it doesn't. I think the following is everything on dvd/bluray over 35,000 avg, may have missed something but whatever.

Gundam Seed Destiny 69,247
Bakemonogatari 65,945 (One Volume)
Gundam Seed 58,563
Code Geass 50,552
Macross Frontier 44,178
K-ON! 41,491 (4 Volumes)
Code Geass R2 41,332
Suzumiya Haruhi 41,307 (season 2 material is @ 22,959 after 2 vols)
Gundam 00 39,519
Fullmetal Alchemist 36,519 (Brotherhood is @ 19,351 after 2 vols)
Gundam 00 Season 2 35,007

K-ON! probably slots in between Haruhi and Gundam 00 after it's finished considered shows drop sales with every volume bringing the avg down. Bake should finish above Code Geass.. just depends on the drop off.. Mayoi's Volume sales will give us an indication.

As you can see Bakemonogatari is a big deal.. and everything in that list that's older than a year either has a sequel of some sorts (tv series or movie) or is a sequel itself.
Considering the only way you could possibly get an HD version of the ending of the Tsubasa Cat arc and a completed version of the Nadeshiko Snake arc... dvd/bluray sales should be pretty high throughout... pretty clever SHAFT...
ac195 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 00:52.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.