AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > AnimeSuki & Technology > Download Help

Notices

Old 2004-07-31, 09:52   Link #1
JtN__ViGkrn

cannot open file after downloading :(

hi,
i'm new here. not really a real expert on computers...so i hope u can help me ..
when i download Ragnarok The Animation....for episode 6-10.....it finish downloading instantly after clicking the target episode..(shinsen and ragnamart)...clicked open...then it says that windows cannot open this file....asking me to choose either to use the automatic process through the internet or open this file with another system...so anyway i tried to open it with WinRAR....though nothing really much appear...just a notepad with words unreadable ....so wat should i do....i'm really sorry for the inconvenience
 JtN__ViGkrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-31, 09:55   Link #2
NightWish
Crushcrushcrush
*Administrator

Sounds like you have just downloaded the torrent file. You want to read the BitTorrent Step-By-Step.
Old 2004-07-31, 09:59   Link #3
JtN__ViGkrn

well i tried to read it....though i'm not really clear about it...i'll try my best thx
Old 2004-07-31, 10:00   Link #4
NightWish
Crushcrushcrush
*Administrator

Have a go, if you have questions / don't understand a step just ask here for clarification.
Old 2004-07-31, 10:13   Link #5
JtN__ViGkrn

ok thx alot...already download the bit torrent...click on ragnarok the animation then like OMG...474 hours....i'm so dead....am i in reality or am i in HELL
Old 2004-07-31, 10:34   Link #6
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JtN__ViGkrn
ok thx alot...already download the bit torrent...click on ragnarok the animation then like OMG...474 hours....i'm so dead....am i in reality or am i in HELL
With a average ADSL connection and a well seeded torrent, you can expect it to take 1 hour on average to download a typical 170Mb torrent.

Since you are downloading a batch file of five eps, it should take five times as long. As for your 474 hours, there may be a number of reasons why it should take you so long. Have a read of the other numerous threads about people complaining that their download speed is so slow.
xris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-01, 01:30   Link #7
Kurz
Gao~ a sound for the ages

Location: I live in a relm of swirling of thought and emotion, Ever lost in the relm of infinite possiblities.
Also I think he should try www.BitTornado.com
I never like the offical client
Kurz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-05, 02:58   Link #8
JtN__ViGkrn

well success....thx for the bit tornado tip though does anybody now wat should i do with my dsl...whenever i on the comp the dsl just keep blinking...and when the dsl is ready..(RARELY ) the connection is quite slow for broadband ....so does anyone knows how to solve this pathetic prob
Old 2004-08-05, 13:07   Link #9
ShadowX114
is my nickname

When you say that ur dsl is blinking, you mean the green light? If so, its normal.
Old 2004-08-05, 13:33   Link #10
Kurz
Gao~ a sound for the ages

Location: I live in a relm of swirling of thought and emotion, Ever lost in the relm of infinite possiblities.
Hmm... does the internet still work? If so call you Internet Service Provider. To ask what that light means when its blinking.
Kurz is offline   Reply With Quote