AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Hayate no Gotoku

Notices

Old 2009-11-01, 03:31   Link #4221
Rah
Are you a lolicon? :3

Spoiler for Warning! Be advised, possible "ancient" Naruto & Bleach spoiler images used.:
Rah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-01, 07:14   Link #4222
Teleutao
Ninja-In-Training

Those were awesome 'spoiler' pics Rah, made my morning.

As for Machina being a snake, I think that means he is going to get his head cut off either by Hina and wooden Masamune, or by Hayate and the Hakou 'Justice' Sword. After all, according to the Evil Overlord List...

'I will NEVER turn into a giant snake, it never helps.'

Usually because heroes who don't kill are less likely to be concerned about it once they see you become a monster. In this case they will either think he is a monster or demon, or may not even realize that the snake is Machina.

Just a quick update on my previous post, I'm not giving away 'privileges' to any characters. An action just means doing something, anything at all almost, like Hayate going to get Nagi's notebook from school and fighting demons with Hinagiku, or Isumi and Sakuya fighting the Carp Herpes Demons...all kinds of wacky adventures...I miss them so much. But as Zodankho said, Athena is a mysterious character, but people like mysterious characters because they are rarely seen and awesome when they do show up. It is very hard to be mysterious when you're a quickly becoming a borderline main character for the arc.

I just had a horrible thought that I must now share with you...what if after this arc, they all go back to school and they have a 'Butler Battle' arc just like the one in the anime? It'll be exactly the same but just be out of order with the anime episodes since it already happened there. Machina could be the giant snake and/or Shion and Athena may be the superintendent with Midas making her evil and crazy (read: interesting) or else controlling the same superintendent from behind the scenes. I'm sure it wouldn't be so bad...at least I could see the complete Lelouch rip-off...and it would be sort of funny...hmm. Well for now let's just see what they're all going to do now that they've run away *thinking of the Monty Python crew from Holy Grail yelling run away as a group*
Teleutao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-01, 10:53   Link #4223
zodanhko
*ignoring*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teleutao View Post
Just a quick update on my previous post, I'm not giving away 'privileges' to any characters.
Spoiler for "privileges":

Let me give you an example...

How long did it took Hinagiku to develop her characters anyway? About 4-5 months, about 100x screen time compare to Athena, using the "spot-light" period that you were mentioned. Not to mention Hinagiku have no conflicts whatsoever with Hayate unlike Athena. No, there is nothing wrong with that since it's Hinagiku after all...

And here you are, expecting Athena to have character developments in her recent chapters believing that she is wasting the "spot-light" that she was provided since she isn't using it for development, or anything.

Did you taking into account that these last chapters are in a time spend of "2 days" compare to Hinagiku which is about 4-5 months, and she still failed every opportunities that she had?

It's fine when your favorite character makes mistakes but when a certain character did, it's alright to complain or bashing on them. Your favorite character has that "privilege." Btw, you did not bashing.

Quote:
An action just means doing something, anything at all almost, like Hayate going to get Nagi's notebook from school and fighting demons with Hinagiku, or Isumi and Sakuya fighting the Carp Herpes Demons...all kinds of wacky adventures...I miss them so much.
I'm pretty certain that Athena just summon a big giant skeleton hand fighting with Isumi. Not to mention the fight is between "The Strongest vs The Invincible." If you want funny fighting moments instead of a more intriguing one, your are out of luck.

Quote:
But as Zodankho said, Athena is a mysterious character, but people like mysterious characters because they are rarely seen and awesome when they do show up. It is very hard to be mysterious when you're a quickly becoming a borderline main character for the arc.
Nope, not my definition of mysterious...

Comparing to Athena, Hinagiku is, what can I say, a normal girl, just an above average female student. Hinagiku does not have "thoughts" or "plan" to make her more unexpected. She has no mystery concerning herself, like immense magical power. With more screen time or not, Athena is certainly will be harder to read than Hinagiku whose personality is like an open book.

Last edited by zodanhko; 2009-11-01 at 11:36.
zodanhko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-01, 11:31   Link #4224
Used Can

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koroshiya_Kame_13 View Post
Personally, I wouldn't want Machina to be a snake, so I'm hoping its false.
Well, he's not supposed to be human, and Erichthonius is related to Athena's Aegis.
Old 2009-11-01, 11:34   Link #4225
Game8910
Shanacon/Ariafag

holy crap the whole parallel to the greek mythology was never expected when I first started reading this series....but you know what.....I LIKE IT!!!
Spring 2011 Impressions (part2)
Game8910 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-01, 11:47   Link #4226
Xellos-_^
Married

Quote:
Those were awesome 'spoiler' pics Rah, made my morning.

As for Machina being a snake, I think that means he is going to get his head cut off either by Hina and wooden Masamune, or by Hayate and the Hakou 'Justice' Sword. After all, according to the Evil Overlord List...

'I will NEVER turn into a giant snake, it never helps.'
well machina isn't a evil overlord so that doesn't count.
Old 2009-11-01, 13:43   Link #4227
Rah

@zod

Yeah, but Hina got only normal "silly" chapters, while Athena is getting only serious ones that actually move the story, because she's one of the "main characters", deeply related to the root of the whole plot. Hina, on the other hand is just a filler character that got unexpected popularity, and was thus used more (than perhaps intended) - Hata said as well that he didn't expect her to become that popular. Athena now has all the time in the world to develop. She might be present in every, if not every second chapter. So much, that you'd get sick of her.

Perhaps one of the reasons (call it mysterious) that a lot of people like her, is because not much is known about her. She might be just as you imagined her, or... not... Judge her again in a years time after she gets involved with more things / situations, and see how she deals with them. And don't blame Hata if she does something stupid. Like, "it's all Hata's fault that she *insert reason here*, she's perfect otherwise!!". Hata = Every Character; meaning that if he decides to give someone 4 eyes, or an extra arm it would be canon, unlike your own thoughts & opinions which don't matter to the HnG community. <3
Old 2009-11-01, 14:07   Link #4228
zodanhko
*ignoring*

"Silly" chapters or not, Hinagiku still had her "spot-light" to develop her characters or "spot-light" for the heck of it, more than any other characters. I never complaint about the amount of time she had for her "spot-light," maybe not before. Lmao

As for Athena, you don't/can't undergo character developments in two days especially with what she had been through. And here, someone (Hina-fan) is complaining about her wasting the amount of time provided for her not developing or not doing anything...

I like her long hair...awesomeness!!!

Last edited by zodanhko; 2009-11-01 at 14:18.
Old 2009-11-01, 14:20   Link #4229
Rah

Sure, but like I said, she's gonna get more time as of now. Who knows, even months might pass? (in-manga-time of course) If not, then perhaps her time in the manga will have more value, and development than the rest? Perhaps it will be more compact?

2 days...

Uhmm... I think it's why we have the whole 10 year back-story. She doesn't need much character interaction, because her lone purpose is to combat the evil inside her, to fulfill her goal (family related stuff - who knows?), and then there's Hayate...

You certainly don't expect her to star in a comedy scene with the Hakuo trio, or to be caught doing something silly, do you? Well, we don't know much about her character so we can't jump to conclusions about what she would or wouldn't do...

And if Hata goes on about what she did during the 10 years, well... let's hope not. That would drag on things soooo much...

Generic Example: Does she know how to cook? Show us a scene how she has trouble making a cup ramen. lol

And then when Machi asks her what's she doing, she gets all irritated over how he pokes fun at her since she can't do it. She then slams him with her fan, and orders him to make dinner. ^^;

Wait, that would be similar to Nagi.. oh, wait! Machi eating her cooking... hmhm.. and since he's a snake he's got natural poison resistance! :>
Old 2009-11-01, 14:28   Link #4230
zodanhko
*ignoring*

Where are we going here?

I think the "development" officially begins with her interaction with Hayate again after 10 years, same for Hayate. Hayate is the only person who can make her moves forward, vis versa, mentally speaking.
Old 2009-11-01, 14:53   Link #4231
Rah

Dunno.

I'm hungry... :<

She was introduced and developed in the EoTW arc, but since it's been 10 years, it's also true that her new development has begun just now. Since nothing is known about her in the past 10 years and so...

Perhaps we'll see some spoilers tomorrow, or perhaps the raw already? I wanna see how Machi turns out... I wouldn't mind him to look like Orochimaru, tbh.
Old 2009-11-01, 16:20   Link #4232
Game8910
Shanacon/Ariafag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rah View Post
Yeah, but Hina got only normal "silly" chapters, while Athena is getting only serious ones that actually move the story, because she's one of the "main characters", deeply related to the root of the whole plot. Hina, on the other hand is just a filler character that got unexpected popularity, and was thus used more (than perhaps intended) - Hata said as well that he didn't expect her to become that popular. Athena now has all the time in the world to develop. She might be present in every, if not every second chapter. So much, that you'd get sick of her.
Dear mother of god FINALLY someone other than me says what I've been telling everyone for soooooooooo long...im a little overwhelmed
Spring 2011 Impressions (part2)
Game8910 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-01, 17:30   Link #4233
Rah

*ahem*

Yup, buuuuutttttt~~~ xD since she gained such overwhelming popularity, she might actually get included in the main story. Perhaps she already is.

What I mean by that is that in the beginning Hata had an idea in mind. He had a plan of sorts how everything would unfold, but then the unexpected happened, and this plan is (or might be) changing.

The primary characters (integral to the plot) are: Athena, Nagi, Maria, and of course Hayate.

Dunno where Isumin' fits.
She didn't do anything against Midas, so... dunno... :/

Other characters of importance are: Midas, Himegami, Mikado, Hayate's brother, sacrifices? (Yukariko, Athena's parents, whatever..), Hayate's parents? - These characters have, or will have an important role in the whole plot.

Filler: Ayumu, Hinagiku, Hakuo Trio, Klaus, Tama, everyone else... - These characters are decorations, advice givers, motivators... etc...

Since everything is changing, I don't know if it's like that anymore. Hata might tweak the story and make filler characters play important roles. Who knows?

Oh, and: Hinagiku > Athena
Old 2009-11-01, 17:56   Link #4234
Used Can

I think it is incorrect to call Hinagiku a filler character when the story is basically plotless. Otherwise, any character that's not somewhat related to the RG and all this deal - i.e. most of the characters - would be a filler character.
Old 2009-11-01, 19:51   Link #4235
Wolfnagi
Ojou-sama Familiar!!!!!!!

All that I understand is that the spoiler tell us that a snake is behind Athena but why, of all thing must be a snake??
Old 2009-11-01, 20:55   Link #4236
Used Can

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolftsaufi View Post
why, of all thing must be a snake??
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Erichthonius_of_Athens
Old 2009-11-01, 21:10   Link #4237
Rah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Used Can View Post
*wipes thigh with a scrap of wool*

Sup, Machi?

Dumbest myth ever...
Old 2009-11-01, 21:24   Link #4238
Wolfnagi
Ojou-sama Familiar!!!!!!!

WTH, Machi is kinda Athena(the god one) daugther!!
I agreed with Emperor Rah, dumbest myth ever!!

Last edited by Wolfnagi; 2009-11-01 at 21:35.
Wolfnagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-01, 21:58   Link #4239
leoblack9
Your fagottry, I hate it!

Hephaestus = Midas?

So Machina is Midas' Son?

Cool Story Bro
Old 2009-11-01, 22:00   Link #4240
Xellos-_^
Married

i am still waiting for my saint seiya parody.

Tags
comedy, shounen