AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > AnimeSuki & Technology > Tech Support

Notices

Old 2004-07-29, 03:07   Link #1
Blue*Dragon

hard drive controle. evrytime on starting my pc

Hoi there. I hope someone can help me with my pc.
The trouble is, that when I everytime starts my xp pc up. I get that drive control (or something how they called in english) Even when I shut down the pc normally and start it back up again. I get the same drive control. The pc of my parents got also excatlly the same problem. If someone can help me here. Please do. It kinda sucks to cancel everytime that drive control.

Like on xp; it takes more then 15minutes.
Old 2004-07-29, 14:47   Link #2
llama

Send a message via AIM to llama
I'm not sure I understand what you're saying. Could you maybe print-screen an image? That might help people figure out what the problem is.
llama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-29, 18:08   Link #3
TronDD
Team the box!

If not a screen shot, maybe attempt a translation. We need some idea what the error is..
Old 2004-07-29, 18:43   Link #4
durrem
[megaplay] *sparkles*

Not sure, but it sounds like the computer is running scandisk every time it boots (having to "cancel everytime").
durrem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-30, 04:50   Link #5
Blue*Dragon

yeah that's the name.. srry didnt knew how to speak it in english. Let''s just say for sure. It's like when you shut your computer out on the wrong way. And when starting up your pc. That you get the scandisk.
Old 2004-07-30, 11:20   Link #6
KeinikuSuki
鶏肉がとてもおいしい。

Send a message via ICQ to KeinikuSuki
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue*Dragon
yeah that's the name.. srry didnt knew how to speak it in english. Let''s just say for sure. It's like when you shut your computer out on the wrong way. And when starting up your pc. That you get the scandisk.
Not that it will help you now, but the next time you reformat your hard drive, be sure to use the NTFS file system and this will never happen again. FAT32 partitions have a bad habit of developing errors if in use when the power turns off.

Anyway, this Microsoft Knowledge Base Entry has some information that may be useful.
Old 2004-07-30, 11:27   Link #7
NightWish
Crushcrushcrush
*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue*Dragon
That you get the scandisk.
Have you tried letting it complete what it wants to do, even if it takes a long time? (I honestly can't remember for sure because it's been so long since I've touched FAT32, but...) It might keep trying to run each time you boot if you don't let it at least once.

As KeinikuSuki said, if you get the chance upgrade to NTFS...
Old 2004-07-30, 14:55   Link #8
llama

Have you tried doing an error check on the drive? (Right click on the hard drive, properties, tools, error checking status) It takes a looong time, but that might fix the problem. The drawback to that is that you won't be able to use your computer at all until it's done, but sometimes that's all you can do.
Old 2004-07-31, 02:59   Link #9
Blue*Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeinikuSuki
Not that it will help you now, but the next time you reformat your hard drive, be sure to use the NTFS file system and this will never happen again. FAT32 partitions have a bad habit of developing errors if in use when the power turns off.

Anyway, this Microsoft Knowledge Base Entry has some information that may be useful.
I know. I have already the NTFS Files

And nightwise. If I ever going to let the entire scan compleet. It will take about 2 hours . I know it from the last time I had when I didn't knew how much time it took. (I didn't get the scandisk control after that. and that was a long time ago)

And llama I will do the error check right now. I will reply when discoverd any error or None.

Edit: There are no errors found

Last edited by Blue*Dragon; 2004-07-31 at 03:13.
Blue*Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-31, 18:15   Link #10
llama

Ok, I just looked up some information, and apparently this is a bug that some versions of windows have. The system shuts down too quickly and isn't able to gather all the information for a proper shutdown. There's a patch that you can get at the microsoft website that will delay your shutdown for a few seconds, hopefully solving the problem. Unfortunetly, I'm not exactly sure what the patch is called. Go to start and click on Windows Update. The site should scan your system and find the correct updates. I hope that helps.