Thanks Pellisier! another one for identification ^^

Planetarian VN

Natsuki Hyuga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-31, 18:40   Link #6422
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natsuki Hyuga View Post
To expand on that a bit, she is indeed from Planetarian, and her name is Yumemi Hoshino, not Reverie (Much as i appreciate the work of the people who translated the VN, i will never forgive them for utterly bastardizing her name like that), like the synopsis on vndb would have you believe
Old 2009-11-01, 08:06   Link #6423
Radiosity
Sexy Tornado
*Artist

And yet you have the bastardized version in your sig I don't mind in this case particularly because the name works; a reverie can be defined as 'absentminded dreaming while awake', which I think is fairly appropriate for her overall state through the story (always preoccupied with her practice, being completely unaware of the state of the world around her or the fact that there simply aren't any customers any more and so on.) Her name (Yumemi) also means 'having a dream'.

Normally I'd agree that changing Japanese names into English ones is a bad practice though, particularly when it comes to American licensed shows or games.
Radiosity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-01, 12:23   Link #6424
soccer fan

Hello everyone, I need help...I'm looking for the name of an anime soccer series that aired in the early 90's and all I can remember is that there was this guy from Brazil that traveled to Japan to play soccer. He was also staying with a friend who playind in a soccer club and had a sister who started falling for the guy from Brazil...any ideas on what the name was?
soccer fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-01, 12:34   Link #6425
soccer fan

Looking for soccer anime...

Back in the early 90's there was a tv show about a kid from Brazil who travels to Japan to play soccer. While in Japan he stays with a friend he had met in brazil. The friend he's staying with also plays in a soccer club and has a sister. The kid from Brazil joins his friend's soccer club in order to play profesioanlly. Any ideas on the mane of the series?
soccer fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-01, 12:40   Link #6426
sa547
*Author

You could also ask the question in this section:
http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15
Old 2009-11-01, 12:42   Link #6427
Electric Moon
Zapped by Magic Moonlight

Location: I'M NOT GONNA TELL YOU WHERE I LIVE, YOU STALKER!! X3
Quote:
Originally Posted by soccer fan View Post
Back in the early 90's there was a tv show about a kid from Brazil who travels to Japan to play soccer. While in Japan he stays with a friend he had met in brazil. The friend he's staying with also plays in a soccer club and has a sister. The kid from Brazil joins his friend's soccer club in order to play profesioanlly. Any ideas on the mane of the series?
That would be... Captain Tsubasa, I believe?
Electric Moon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-02, 02:08   Link #6428
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
Okay, this is a somewhat weird request. I'm looking for the full name (romaji) of a character from Muteki Ou Tri-Zenon. This is what I know about her:

-Her name is 樹雫
-She is voiced by Uemura Takako (上村貴子)
-Here is a Google translated description of her in the Japanese wiki:
Quote:
A girl from a prominent family living in a traditional Yakushima. 「はみゅ」が口癖。 "Chu teeth" habit. 11歳。 11 years old. 新婚同然のバカップル振りである両親を持っているからか、しっかり者である。 My parents are from or have married someone like Bakappuru swing is a person of strong character. 生まれた時から、ゼノパレスに送られた「遺産」の遺伝子ウィルスの影響を強く受けており、遺産兵器や宇宙杉 と共鳴する特異能力を持っている。 From birth, was sent to Zenoparesu "heritage" of the virus has been strongly influenced by genes that have the ability to resonate with the cedar-specific weapons and space heritage. 終盤ではその能力が大きな鍵となった。 The final was a big key to their ability.
漫画版『トライゼノンBLAZE』では、遺伝子ウイルスの強い影響で、他人の心が読めてしまう精神感応能力 が身についてしまい、その事で周囲から疎まれ心を閉ざした雫は現実逃避に近い形で昏睡状態に陥 っていた。 BLAZE 』Toraizenon in comic book version, the influence of the viral genes, away to learn about the telepathic ability to read the minds of others would, drop the wrong side of that closed their minds from around the things that are as close to real flight had fallen into a coma. 宇美達と共に屋久島に訪れた章と魂の状態で出会い、共に遊ぶが、自らの能力で母親に出て行かれた幼い章が一 人で泣いている彼の「心の中の闇」を見てしまい、また他人の心を見てしまったことから章から離れようとする が、章が自分と自分の能力を受け止めてくれた事から心を開き、目を覚ます。 Chapter met at the state of the soul and our visit to Yakushima with Umi, the play together, there were tears in his chapter alone was taken out to young mothers in their own abilities "in the heart of darkness" to see away, but that chapter had to escape from the hearts of others and look to open one's mind off things and who appreciates the power of their own chapter, wake up. それ以降、宇美達だけでなく章の事も強く慕うようになる。 Since then, things become even harbor a strong addition to our chapter Umi.
(http://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/%E7%84%...83%8E%E3%83%B3)

Can someone please help?
KholdStare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-02, 02:38   Link #6429
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
Quote:
Originally Posted by KholdStare View Post
Okay, this is a somewhat weird request. I'm looking for the full name (romaji) of a character from Muteki Ou Tri-Zenon. This is what I know about her:

-Her name is 樹雫

Can someone please help?
lol *clicks on the English page on wiki* *types in title to AnimeNewsNetwork* *???* *PROFIT!*

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/ency...me.php?id=1953

VA:
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/ency...le.php?id=7663

You sure? There aren't even good results when I wiki the character name (樹雫), not even in the pic section
Also the VA isn't in the VA list of the series either nor is the series listed in her VA participation list
(Freanch version of the wiki you linked doesn't have her listed either)
-KarumA- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-02, 02:42   Link #6430
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Yeah, I checked ANN, AniDB and AnimeNFO amongst others. She seems to be more associated with colouring/digital paint than with voice acting. And yeah, she isn't on the list as a seiyuu for that series. *shrug*
Old 2009-11-02, 03:04   Link #6431
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by -KarumA- View Post
lol *clicks on the English page on wiki* *types in title to AnimeNewsNetwork* *???* *PROFIT!*

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/ency...me.php?id=1953

VA:
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/ency...le.php?id=7663

You sure? There aren't even good results when I wiki the character name (樹雫), not even in the pic section
Also the VA isn't in the VA list of the series either nor is the series listed in her VA participation list
(Freanch version of the wiki you linked doesn't have her listed either)
See that's the weird thing. She definitely exists because she's on the Japanese wiki with that VA listed. However, she's not in ANN or anywhere else. She participated in Saimoe 2002 under the name 樹雫 and the Tri-Zenon series.

Kanji-wise, 雫 I'm pretty sure is Shizuku, so let's assume that is her given name. This article mentioned a Shizuku in Tri-Zenon:

http://www.animevice.com/tri-zenon/11-4993/

But so far all I've been able to do is maybe prove her existence, but I do not know how to say her surname, 樹. She may be a really minor character, although somehow I doubt that since she has a whole paragraph written for her in the Japanese wiki. Maybe someone who watched Tri-Zenon has an idea? It's an obscure enough series to have a limited page on ANN and no English page on Wikipedia, so...
Old 2009-11-02, 03:13   Link #6432
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radiosity View Post
And yet you have the bastardized version in your sig I don't mind in this case particularly because the name works; a reverie can be defined as 'absentminded dreaming while awake', which I think is fairly appropriate for her overall state through the story (always preoccupied with her practice, being completely unaware of the state of the world around her or the fact that there simply aren't any customers any more and so on.) Her name (Yumemi) also means 'having a dream'.

Normally I'd agree that changing Japanese names into English ones is a bad practice though, particularly when it comes to American licensed shows or games.
Not to drag this off-topic, but i don't - actually The full title is "Planetarian: Chiisana Hoshi no Yume", and the later part is where the quote comes from. Literally translating a name of a person is never acceptable, this isn't even debatable really. While the meaning behind her name is definitely intentional (and the reason the translators likely opted to ...well ... translate it, is because they thought the meaning would likely be lost on many otherwise), it is not her name in any way. In essence they have randomly renamed a character with such a translation, because a name and the metaphorical meaning a name might have are two different things and not a substitute for each other in a literal way. Its like taking Aoi from Aoi Yori Aoshi and translating that as Blue-chan, because that is what her name means and she has blue hair. You just don't.

Last edited by Skyfall; 2009-11-02 at 05:34.
Skyfall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-02, 03:26   Link #6433
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Quote:
See that's the weird thing. She definitely exists because she's on the Japanese wiki with that VA listed. However, she's not in ANN or anywhere else. She participated in Saimoe 2002 under the name 樹雫 and the Tri-Zenon series.

Kanji-wise, 雫 I'm pretty sure is Shizuku, so let's assume that is her given name. This article mentioned a Shizuku in Tri-Zenon:

http://www.animevice.com/tri-zenon/11-4993/

But so far all I've been able to do is maybe prove her existence, but I do not know how to say her surname, 樹. She may be a really minor character, although somehow I doubt that since she has a whole paragraph written for her in the Japanese wiki. Maybe someone who watched Tri-Zenon has an idea? It's an obscure enough series to have a limited page on ANN and no English page on Wikipedia, so...
Hmm...Well, I've recently locally met a real mecha fan who knows almost every mecha series over the last 25 years. I could try him, or my friend who's watched a few thousand series and endured a lot of horrors very few could. They might know.

Did you happen to have a picture of the character at all?
Old 2009-11-02, 03:51   Link #6434
Natsuki Hyuga
(☞゚∀゚)☞ロンパアアアア!! 

Send a message via MSN to Natsuki Hyuga
Quote:

-Her name is 樹雫

Can someone please help?
The right translated name of 樹雫 is actually Itsuki Shizuku (いつきしずく). I went a bit hardcore by trying some (not so weird) possible readings of her name in hiragana and add 無敵王トライゼノン on google and actually profited in first try lmao

Old 2009-11-02, 06:45   Link #6435
Radiosity
Sexy Tornado
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
Not to drag this off-topic, but i don't - actually The full title is "Planetarian: Chiisana Hoshi no Yume", and the later part is where the quote comes from. Literally translating a name of a person is never acceptable, this isn't even debatable really. While the meaning behind her name is definitely intentional (and the reason the translators likely opted to ...well ... translate it, is because they thought the meaning would likely be lost on many otherwise), it is not her name in any way. In essence they have randomly renamed a character with such a translation, because a name and the metaphorical meaning a name might have are two different things and not a substitute for each other in a literal way. Its like taking Aoi from Aoi Yori Aoshi and translating that as Blue-chan, because that is what her name means and she has blue hair. You just don't.
lol, I was being silly with the comment on your sig (I know what the game is called after all), but otherwise I totally agree with you, I feel the same way generally

And just to get back on topic again, I'll ask what this is:

Somehow she (and the art style) looks familiar, can't think why though.
Old 2009-11-02, 06:55   Link #6436
speck123

Anego from Dai Mahou Touge.
speck123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-02, 06:59   Link #6437
Natsuki Hyuga
(☞゚∀゚)☞ロンパアアアア!! 

Send a message via MSN to Natsuki Hyuga
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radiosity View Post
lol, I was being silly with the comment on your sig (I know what the game is called after all), but otherwise I totally agree with you, I feel the same way generally

And just to get back on topic again, I'll ask what this is:

Somehow she (and the art style) looks familiar, can't think why though.
She is Anego from Dai Mahou Toge... I think. Can't remember much about that anime but fairly sure that is her :'D

EDIT: Aww, got beaten due to slow connection

Old 2009-11-02, 08:34   Link #6438
Radiosity
Sexy Tornado
*Artist

Ah, yeah I recognize her now, it's quite some time since I watched that.

Thanks both
Old 2009-11-02, 14:05   Link #6439
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natsuki Hyuga View Post
The right translated name of 樹雫 is actually Itsuki Shizuku (いつきしずく). I went a bit hardcore by trying some (not so weird) possible readings of her name in hiragana and add 無敵王トライゼノン on google and actually profited in first try lmao
Man, I love you! Maybe I should try to find stuff on google with hiragana from now on.
Old 2009-11-03, 02:57   Link #6440
ChibiBear
Aim's Stalker ^_~

Send a message via MSN to ChibiBear
I was wondering, what anime is this from?

Thanks!

Tags
#unknown, anime, anime figure, comedy, ecchi., fantasy, find, game, gender bender, heroes, higurashi, identification, manga, movies, quotes, search, secret, tv shows, visual novel