AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2009-11-01, 18:30   Link #141
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtarzaim View Post
I'm not sure it's a wise move to stay behind while your troops are being crushed by stronger opponents.
In this blitzkrieg type of battle, speed is determinant. You need to strike quick and strong, and get away with your objective as quickly as you came in.
Not really fancy for the shounen ways (you take down one enemy at a time with sheers numbers), but more realistic.
In the Blitzkrieg battle plan, you're supposed to strike your opponent when they are not expecting you and strike them fast and hard, catching them completely off guard.

The fact that the Marines have called in such a great number of troops and expecting Whitebeard to have a powerful force coming, its not a Blitzkrieg. The battleground is decided, they have an idea of when the enemy is striking and they're prepared.

If anything this battle is a medieval pirate battle, where pirates charge into a fort.

And it has always been wise for commanders to stay behind their troops.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-01, 23:21   Link #142
Boduar

Wow this is nothing like a blitzkrieg lol. And I personally like the saying that when the general draws his sword the fight is already lost. Although I guess it might not be true in one piece since general is unrealistically powerful piece.
Boduar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-02, 00:20   Link #143
lonewolf777
Disabled By Request

I knew from the beginning of the war arc that Whitebeard would be betrayed by someone within his troops, either a traitor or a silver medalist hoping to dethrone and replace him. But I don't think even an impalement could stop the Whitebeard. I expect it to slow him down, maybe, and lead to his eventual death, since it seems this arc is his end, but I don't see him going down now. I think he might go down fighting, giving his life to thrash all his enemies out of the way and save his men. Especially since we haven't seen much use of his power just yet... I think it would be suicide and a waste not to show him in action before kicking his bucket over.
lonewolf777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-02, 04:57   Link #144
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
And on that note, I mentioned this before, but I think there's a good chance that Squado may have coated that sword of his with poison. I guess you can say it's sort of a failsafe in case Whitebeard doesn't die from the stab would alone (which he most likely won't). Besides, it would only make sense for a spider-themed pirate to attack with poison, would it not?
Well his name is Squado the vortex spider if I recall right. Vortex doesnt sound like poison to me, more like some kind of teleportation ability :3 This would also explain how he was suddenly back on WBs ship.
Eisdrache is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-02, 07:28   Link #145
Vampire
Birth by Moonlight

Send a message via MSN to Vampire
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtarzaim View Post
I noticed since a few chapters that WB was always drawn with shrouded eyes (vertical lines on the occular globes). When Oda uses this representation, it's for weaken/dying character.
The fact he never moved from his ship, standing still, letting his men getting crushed without reacting, adds to this theory.
So maybe WB was already dying from unknown disease.
And this betrayal was in fact a secret order from WB himself. He prefers to die by the sword on the battlefield, than an old dying man in front of the enemy.
Like a pirate version of Benkei.

A awful traitror being in fact a most loyal friend would totally be Oda's style.
You know, the way you make it sound seems like what Oda would put; then again, my money's on the betrayal theory since it would sound out of place if Squado was the one to do it.
Old 2009-11-02, 11:21   Link #146
Vree

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boduar View Post
Wow this is nothing like a blitzkrieg lol. And I personally like the saying that when the general draws his sword the fight is already lost. Although I guess it might not be true in one piece since general is unrealistically powerful piece.
Nice to see a shonen fan who haven't lost their sense of reality sometimes for a change, lol
Vree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-02, 14:45   Link #147
Poetic Justice
100Shots100Hits LuluLaLu

Send a message via Skype™ to Poetic Justice
So guys i've been thinking, In order to keep the four yonkou in check, Does the WG have a substantial presence in the new world? Do they have significant stronghold or is the new world simply dominated by pirates? Since most of the admirals and shichibukai usually seem to be in the first half of the grand line.
Poetic Justice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-02, 16:47   Link #148
Fipskuul
τηε πιγητ ωατςη

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
That's what Sengoku was hoping WB would do but didn't... rushing in is a damn good way to get yourself killed because you got no idea what the enemy has in store... They are charging in on an enemy who has spent the past week planning it's defense; the whole situation is ripe for traps and ambushes... Oars Jr, was actually an example of what happens to those that just charge in... and Had they just charged they probably would have taken even more damage by the kumas since they would not have taken the time to to look at the situation and spread out
It really depends on the power a person has. If for instance, Whibeard would have rushed in with his power, it wouldn't be very easy for the WG to stop him without giving a significant number of sacrifices. And, that sacrifices may not limited to only the WG, but to Whitebeard's side as well.

Oars mostly had a brute strength, the kind that a similar kind of person earlier had (Saul). Yes, we know the scale is different, and Oars was bigger and probably stronger. But, the weaknesses are still there. And, unlike Saul, Oars is more brute and less intelligence.

I think, Sengoku's plan took into account Whitebeard's tactics of moving forward with caution. Otherwise, he would have arranged his forces accordingly. There were many among those Marines, that were put there for the sake of increasing the number.

Quote:
Really, until the kuma's showed up, Whitebeard's side was doing alright... Jimbei and iva were covering two shicibukai's, Marco can counter an admiral, Vista could clash with Mihawk, and so forth... sure joze was in a bit of trouble, but they weren't by any means "being crushed"... it was only when the Kuma clones showed up did things start looking grim... and THAT's when Whitebeard decided to join the fight... and get betrayed...
Even before, there was kind of a stalemate. Luffy's appearance stirred things since it created the effect of a suprise, on mostly Sengoku's side.
Old 2009-11-02, 16:59   Link #149
paradox13
zzz

Send a message via MSN to paradox13
Quote:
So guys i've been thinking, In order to keep the four yonkou in check, Does the WG have a substantial presence in the new world? Do they have significant stronghold or is the new world simply dominated by pirates? Since most of the admirals and shichibukai usually seem to be in the first half of the grand line.
The New World is dominated by pirates, mainly the 4 Yonkou. I'm sure the WG has outposts in the New World and scouting ships, but the majority of their forces are in the first half of the grandline and the 4 seas.
Old 2009-11-03, 12:10   Link #150
Prestige

Looks like spoilers will be delayed this week, Nja (usual spoiler source) cant give us information because there is holiday for this day in Japan and 2chan has banned alot of accounts so she will have some troubles to post them aswell.

I guess we wont see spoilers atleast today and perhaps not even tomorrow.
Prestige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-03, 14:44   Link #151
SMASHERJACKSON

ive found some spoilers for 563 but im sure theyre fake but theyre below anyways >

sengoku n wb had an arrangement not to kill ace or wb's crew but to annihilate the new world pirates, the px wer ment for the death of the new world pirates

Akainu told squadro of this whos own crew was originally destroyed by roger, after finding this out + that ace is rogers son he lost all his loyalty, sengoku announced aces bloodline knowing how reckless squadro is

marco tries to go to wb and the commanders are demoralised but wb tells them no1 is strong forever 1 man 1 heart

wb gets angry and it seems the battle is about to continue, sengoku braces himself

===

personally i think its bs as the source is rubbish
SMASHERJACKSON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-03, 15:59   Link #152
MihawkXGP
Master of The Sword

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMASHERJACKSON View Post
ive found some spoilers for 563 but im sure theyre fake but theyre below anyways >

sengoku n wb had an arrangement not to kill ace or wb's crew but to annihilate the new world pirates, the px wer ment for the death of the new world pirates

Akainu told squadro of this whos own crew was originally destroyed by roger, after finding this out + that ace is rogers son he lost all his loyalty, sengoku announced aces bloodline knowing how reckless squadro is

marco tries to go to wb and the commanders are demoralised but wb tells them no1 is strong forever 1 man 1 heart

wb gets angry and it seems the battle is about to continue, sengoku braces himself

===

personally i think its bs as the source is rubbish

Its gotten to the point i'm so desperate, I'd gladly take a fake spoiler.
MihawkXGP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-03, 16:13   Link #153
Prestige

Quote:
Originally Posted by MihawkXGP View Post
Its gotten to the point i'm so desperate, I'd gladly take a fake spoiler.
Master yourself...take this opportunity to resist against lure of spoilers, just wait 2 days and you can enjoy the chapter fullest when you do not know what next page holds...

Oh and those spoilers are definatly fake, very poor attempt.
Prestige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-03, 16:22   Link #154
MihawkXGP
Master of The Sword

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prestige View Post
Master yourself...take this opportunity to resist against lure of spoilers, just wait 2 days and you can enjoy the chapter fullest when you do not know what next page holds...

I can't. I must have spoilers. I'm gonna go crazy with out them. OP has become a drug for me I need a new fix every week..
MihawkXGP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-04, 00:35   Link #155
marvelB

Speaking of spoilers, did I mention that the new chapter thread is out?
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-04, 16:34   Link #156
paradox13
zzz

Send a message via MSN to paradox13
Quote:
This is funny.