AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > AnimeSuki & Technology > Download Help

Notices

Old 2004-07-26, 19:50   Link #1
Mey

Can't download anything from Gotwoot :/

Hi,

I tried to dl the episode 13 of 'Kyou Kara Maou' from AnimeOne, but my BT client (Azureus 2.1.0.0 under Linux) can't connect to the tracker... It says "offline (ConnectException:Connection refused)". I downloaded episode 12 without any problem some days ago. On gotwoot.net torrents page, it says there's more than 400 seeds and 1250 peers, for episode 13, so it should works :/

I noticed seeds/peers numbers, for Gotwoot torrents aren't on AnimeSuki... Is this a recent problem?

Gotwoot's tracker port is 6968, but my firewall should be correctly configured :/

I'd love to go to their own forum, but it seems down... (If I don't get any answer here, I'll write them an email about my problem)

I download *a lot* of animes, so I often have a share ratio under 1:1 (well, when I don't have anything new to download, my share ratio is far better, so I guess my global ratio should be around 1:1), could it really be that I'm banned? (the error message I get is pretty standard -and I often got it for other reasons; is this the same error message we get when we are banned from a tracker?)

Thanx in advance for any hints :/
Mey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-26, 22:18   Link #2
Mey

The error message changed to "offline (SocketException:Unexpected end of file from server)"

And the Gotwoot forum is now working, so I checked if I was the only one getting errors...

I found some posts which seem to be related to the problem I have...

http://forums.gotwoot.net/messagevie...&enterthread=y

I'll check for answers on those posts regularly...

At least it seems I'm not the only one getting the error message, which is somehow reassuring ^_^
Old 2004-07-26, 22:40   Link #3
Sensei-Jei
Anime Hunter+

Oh boy, I missed this torrent, I envy those guys who download this file right b4 the tracker messed up
Oh no, my signature was 150 x 112 pixels animated in 41 frames and 476 KB. That's way too big and it has been deleted by a forum Mod, guess I didn't read the Forum Rules. If only I had paid attention I wouldn't have to deal with this irritation now. Since Opera can reveal image information with only two clicks I had better get it right next time
I really want to apologize for such kind words, mods, I dont know who u are, but ur so amusing , I dont know that it's against ur ass but u can just tell me & I can just delete it, is this the way u handle things? ok cupcakes , arrest me, I'm guilty
Sensei-Jei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-26, 22:50   Link #4
Mey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sensei-Jei
[...] right b4 the tracker messed up
So everyone got the same problem? Is there some sort of official announcement somewhere?
Old 2004-07-27, 06:36   Link #5
Iskandar Taib

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mey
So everyone got the same problem? Is there some sort of official announcement somewhere?
Yup. There is a notice on www.gotwoot.net that says the server is "down".

Trying to download Kyou kara maou! 13 and 1-9. The latter's been a headache. Don't know why, but my download speeds had been stuck at 1-2 kb/s while the uploads were clipping along at 15-30. Real stingy torrent.. ^_^;; I could watch others uploading from me at 10-12 kb/s and giving me 1 or 2 in return.

Do trackers subdivide torrents? I sometimes find myself in one with one peer and no seeds, the other peer seems to be exchanging with some other invisible peer(s) or seeds at an alarming clip while I'm getting 2-3 kb/s. Also, tracker info on web sites sometimes show 20 or 30 seeds and over a hundred peers, and when I join the torrent, I only see one or two seeds and two or three peers.
Iskandar Taib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-27, 08:08   Link #6
Sensei-Jei
Anime Hunter+

Tha't high up-low dl spd, happens a lot on me too, dont know y but I used to adjust the upload settings proportional to my dl speed, and im goin to set i down when my dl spd messed, they're lucky if im goin to share files like 95kb/s while im only getting 2-5kb/s

>One Two!! One Two!! One Two!!
Oh no, my signature was 150 x 112 pixels animated in 41 frames and 476 KB. That's way too big and it has been deleted by a forum Mod, guess I didn't read the Forum Rules. If only I had paid attention I wouldn't have to deal with this irritation now. Since Opera can reveal image information with only two clicks I had better get it right next time
I really want to apologize for such kind words, mods, I dont know who u are, but ur so amusing , I dont know that it's against ur ass but u can just tell me & I can just delete it, is this the way u handle things? ok cupcakes , arrest me, I'm guilty
Sensei-Jei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-27, 08:25   Link #7
Asakura_Y0h
little black butterfly

Send a message via MSN to Asakura_Y0h
hmmm... sounds like i have just about the same probs with not being able to download KKM and having speeds stuck at the 2-5KB range when its supposed to be at 30 usually........ so i suppose its a server maintenance?
Old 2004-07-27, 11:47   Link #8
wsheit
Combating Spoiler Scum

This is really frustrating- the Naruto torrent isn't working either. And I didn't see any notices about the server being down, although they are obviously having problems.
Old 2004-07-27, 13:12   Link #9
Yogo_Pogo
A laughing demonic Skull

This morning i went to their site and there was no seed nor leechers for all the torrents on the torrents page. Hope they will be able to fix the problem, because i don't know other fansub group who are doing KKM.
Old 2004-07-27, 18:03   Link #10
Keitaro
*Kyuuketsuki Otaku*

Hm.. I just downloaded another torrent from them just fine. I think only some torrents such as, the new KKM ep13 is having problems. It seems to be some kind of http related error so lets all just sit back and wait patiently for them to fix the problem.
Old 2004-07-27, 18:55   Link #11
7thMethuselah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keitaro
Hm.. I just downloaded another torrent from them just fine. I think only some torrents such as, the new KKM ep13 is having problems. It seems to be some kind of http related error so lets all just sit back and wait patiently for them to fix the problem.
Hmm, I've tried again but still doesn't work, it's been down since yesterday early evening. I guess we'll have to wait a little longer.

7thMethuselah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-01, 08:29   Link #12
ryan92084

soo... umm ..are there forums still down for anyone else ..or is it just me i get the following everytime

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@gotwoot.net and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.
ryan92084 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-01, 16:04   Link #13
Keitaro
*Kyuuketsuki Otaku*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan92084
soo... umm ..are there forums still down for anyone else ..or is it just me i get the following everytime

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@gotwoot.net and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.
Got the same error message. So its down on their side.