AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > AnimeSuki & Technology > Download Help

Notices

Old 2004-08-01, 04:56   Link #1
Kingpincollector

Strange problem opening certain torrents! Please help!

Ok, this is something that just started happening to me the past few days. When I click on certain torrent links, instead of connecting me to peers/seeds, I get a strange file that opens in my browser that looks like HTML and scrambled programming code. Does anyone know what is causing this? And actually, I've noticed this happening now on a few other torrents as well. An example I could give you where this happens is when I try to open the torrent for Macross 7 Dynamite. Let me know if any of you can connect to that one. Any help on this would be appreciated.
Kingpincollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-01, 13:05   Link #2
KeinikuSuki
鶏肉がとてもおいしい。

Send a message via ICQ to KeinikuSuki
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingpincollector
When I click on certain torrent links, instead of connecting me to peers/seeds, I get a strange file that opens in my browser that looks like HTML and scrambled programming code.
This is actually the raw .torrent data. It contains the tracker's URL and the file hash data, not that you should care. Anyway you can fix that problem by Right Clicking the link and selecting "Save Target As". Once it's downloaded to your hard drive, drag it into an open instance of BitTorrent.

Alternatly you can download and install the greatest FREE web browser in existance, Mozilla FireFox. It never has a problem downloading .torrent file for some unknown reason. Of course, I'm slightly biased since I love it so much; it's up to you.
KeinikuSuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-02, 03:26   Link #3
Kingpincollector

Thanks

Actually, I had already thought that by saving the target of the link, I could fix the problem, but it still does that to me anyway. I think I'll give firefox a try.
Kingpincollector is offline   Reply With Quote