AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Monogatari Series

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2009-11-08, 19:34   Link #41
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by LotionExplosion View Post
Apparently Saying "Till Death Do Us Part" doesn't work with vampires.
Spoiler:

Last edited by omimon; 2009-11-08 at 19:34. Reason: stuff
omimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-08, 23:45   Link #42
LotionExplosion
is in Despair
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by omimon View Post
Spoiler:
Wow.. pretty strong stuff there, how about through out "Nise" Does she still bug him about letting her die already? Its hard to really come up for a question on the whole ordeal.
LotionExplosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-09, 00:10   Link #43
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by LotionExplosion View Post
Wow.. pretty strong stuff there, how about through out "Nise" Does she still bug him about letting her die already? Its hard to really come up for a question on the whole ordeal.
Yea, she does, but I'm beginning to feel that Shinobu has found her reason to live in Araragi.

Spoiler:
omimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-09, 05:05   Link #44
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Canada
Age: 28
Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by omimon View Post
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
__________________
FlareKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-09, 06:43   Link #45
Haak
God Damn Christmas Songs
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: UK
Age: 23
GAAAAH! Stop tempting me with your cursed spoilers!!!!!
__________________
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-09, 07:25   Link #46
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
omimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-09, 18:47   Link #47
LotionExplosion
is in Despair
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by omimon View Post
Spoiler:
Spoiler for Devotion?:
LotionExplosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-09, 20:18   Link #48
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by LotionExplosion View Post
Spoiler for Devotion?:
Spoiler:
omimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-10, 00:06   Link #49
LotionExplosion
is in Despair
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by omimon View Post
Spoiler:
ah, I see. That makes perfect sense now, thanks.
LotionExplosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-10, 04:24   Link #50
Zetsubo
著述遮断
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Koyomi has a Matyr complex.

It happens to people who have low selfesteem as well as other psychological and emotional issues.

Particularly to teenagers.

These people seek fullfilment by giving up the most precious thing a human has.

Thus giving up their life becomes a currency toward a twisted sense of self actualisation.

Shinobu is suffering from guilt and boredom from immortality.

However, Koyomi now has a new reason to live... her name is Hitagi.

If he thinks about his future and pssible children, he will let Shinobu go.

Finally Shinobu can rest in peace after 400 years of guilt about her first Samurai servant.

I guess you can say Koyomi has a Samurai spirit.

Their own life means nothing unless it is in service to another person.

I think the author has a lot of closures to make for this series... he could turn it into a tragedy too... but I doubt it.
Zetsubo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-10, 07:02   Link #51
Azuma Denton
~AD~
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
LOL'd

sometimes i wanna know...
if araragi dies because of shinobu...
how Senjougahara, i mean, Hitagi~san will react??
Azuma Denton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-10, 10:57   Link #52
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zetsubo View Post
Koyomi has a Matyr complex.

It happens to people who have low selfesteem as well as other psychological and emotional issues.

Particularly to teenagers.

These people seek fullfilment by giving up the most precious thing a human has.

Thus giving up their life becomes a currency toward a twisted sense of self actualisation.

Shinobu is suffering from guilt and boredom from immortality.

However, Koyomi now has a new reason to live... her name is Hitagi.

If he thinks about his future and pssible children, he will let Shinobu go.

Finally Shinobu can rest in peace after 400 years of guilt about her first Samurai servant.

I guess you can say Koyomi has a Samurai spirit.

Their own life means nothing unless it is in service to another person.

I think the author has a lot of closures to make for this series... he could turn it into a tragedy too... but I doubt it.
Well, if you think about it Kizu is a tragedy by itself. Kiss doesn't get what she wants and neither does Araragi.

Personally, I think the most logical ending between Araragi and Shinobu is that after everyone Araragi knows (his family and friends) dies, he'll choose to just end it then. I mean by that point he will have no reason to want to be a human anymore. Now, if we are talking about kids, do we really think he'll want to bring kids into his Kaii-driven life. Whether he likes it or not, his life is now and will forever be one with Kaiis. Also, if he becomes human again he won't be able to protect himself or anyone else from Kaiis anymore.

But in all honesty, I'm bias towards Shinobu, so I'm pushing for an ending where Shinobu and Araragi are together forever even if they don't have romantic feelings for each other.
omimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-10, 18:39   Link #53
Zetsubo
著述遮断
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by omimon View Post
Well, if you think about it Kizu is a tragedy by itself. Kiss doesn't get what she wants and neither does Araragi.

Personally, I think the most logical ending between Araragi and Shinobu is that after everyone Araragi knows (his family and friends) dies, he'll choose to just end it then. I mean by that point he will have no reason to want to be a human anymore. Now, if we are talking about kids, do we really think he'll want to bring kids into his Kaii-driven life. Whether he likes it or not, his life is now and will forever be one with Kaiis. Also, if he becomes human again he won't be able to protect himself or anyone else from Kaiis anymore.

But in all honesty, I'm bias towards Shinobu, so I'm pushing for an ending where Shinobu and Araragi are together forever even if they don't have romantic feelings for each other.
Yuck.

So childish.

Forever ?

So selfish and cruel.

Be reasonable... forever is why the Shinobu's Samurai lover killed himself.

Forever is painful.

Forever is unusual cruelty to living beings.

As a man, live a normal life span... and die peacefully.

That is balance... yin and yang.

Life then Death.

If you mess with the cycles balance... and enact this "forever" thing, your mind, as a normal human being will bend.

There will be other consequences... maybe Oshino's decendants will have to kill Koyomi.

I realised you never stopped to think of Koyomis mental state after such a long time did you ?

Why you think Shinobu's first servant killed himself ?

A human cannot live forever without going mad.

Koyomi would certainly go nuts.

When he watches Hitagi die, his Kids die, his grand kidsd die, Hanekawa, her family, Kanbaru, his sisters, and their family, even Mayoi finally decides to pass to the spirit world... won't he be lonely again ?

Won't he wish to see them again ?

Wont he ache from all the lives he has loved passing away and watching their gravestones grow in number but he is still alive ?

Right now Koymi is a boy, he hasn't come to grips with life and death cycles as a part of the world yet.

He wants to save everyone... which is just bullshit and wishywashy.

He will eventually have grow up make a choice and let Shinobu go.

No wonder Oshino is pissed at Koyomi most of the time... Koyomi does not think and sees the world like a sheltered boy does.

Grow some balls man... Hitagi and Hanekawa have helped him so far... and there is progress... but in order for his Adulthood to properly develop... he has to let Shinobu go.

Last edited by Zetsubo; 2009-11-10 at 18:57.
Zetsubo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-10, 19:40   Link #54
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zetsubo View Post
Yuck.

So childish.

Forever ?

So selfish and cruel.

Be reasonable... forever is why the Shinobu's Samurai lover killed himself.

Forever is painful.

Forever is unusual cruelty to living beings.

As a man, live a normal life span... and die peacefully.

That is balance... yin and yang.

Life then Death.

If you mess with the cycles balance... and enact this "forever" thing, your mind, as a normal human being will bend.

There will be other consequences... maybe Oshino's decendants will have to kill Koyomi.

I realised you never stopped to think of Koyomis mental state after such a long time did you ?

Why you think Shinobu's first servant killed himself ?

A human cannot live forever without going mad.

Koyomi would certainly go nuts.

When he watches Hitagi die, his Kids die, his grand kidsd die, Hanekawa, her family, Kanbaru, his sisters, and their family, even Mayoi finally decides to pass to the spirit world... won't he be lonely again ?

Won't he wish to see them again ?

Wont he ache from all the lives he has loved passing away and watching their gravestones grow in number but he is still alive ?

Right now Koymi is a boy, he hasn't come to grips with life and death cycles as a part of the world yet.

He wants to save everyone... which is just bullshit and wishywashy.

He will eventually have grow up make a choice and let Shinobu go.

No wonder Oshino is pissed at Koyomi most of the time... Koyomi does not think and sees the world like a sheltered boy does.

Grow some balls man... Hitagi and Hanekawa have helped him so far... and there is progress... but in order for his Adulthood to properly develop... he has to let Shinobu go.
Ok, fair enough, I can see what you mean by forever is painful since Shinobu wanted to off herself too before she met Araragi. (She still kinda is but not as much) As for the samurai I believe it was because he needed to eat people in order to survive and it was torturing him. (I'm not sure about this but I think it was implied) Of course I can also see what you mean by Araragi being a child and just hoping everything goes well, I mean I think he kinda learned his lesson with Nadeko. Then again isn't it selfish too for him to give up Shinobu just because he can grow old together with Hitagi, I mean that whole reason why he hasn't given up yet since he doesn't want someone else's life on his shoulders while he is happy. For all he cares, he can dump alway his happiness just so everyone else is happy. Also, it's not like Hitagi doesn't know what she was getting herself into I mean she knew for a fact that he is a freaking meta-vampire. But ultimately we'll never know what he decides to do in the future.
omimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-10, 20:28   Link #55
Zetsubo
著述遮断
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by omimon View Post
Then again isn't it selfish too for him to give up Shinobu just because he can grow old together with Hitagi,
No for several reasons.
  1. Shinobu wants to rest in peace after 500 years of living.
  2. He is not thinking about himself and Shinobou alone but the many people who need him alive. The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few. That is life.
  3. He has to reason out his future with his FAMILY not just any possible family with Hitagi but his parents and sisters as well.
  4. He has to take into consideration the wise counsel of his genius friend Oshino who told him what to do.
  5. He is taking into consideration what Shinobu has told him.
  6. In the end Hitagi will need him more than he needs himself and more than Shinobou needs him. He is the reason she is growing and making positive changes and this is something that takes a lifetime.
  7. If he wants to be helpful like Oshino, he has to become 100% human again. A half assed approach and half assed oddity cannot help people.
  8. If you want to help people, you have to be truly capable of doing so... being an oddity himself limits his ability to help.
Zetsubo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-10, 21:17   Link #56
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zetsubo View Post
No for several reasons.
  1. Shinobu wants to rest in peace after 500 years of living.
  2. He is not thinking about himself and Shinobou alone but the many people who need him alive. The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few. That is life.
  3. He has to reason out his future with his FAMILY not just any possible family with Hitagi but his parents and sisters as well.
  4. He has to take into consideration the wise counsel of his genius friend Oshino who told him what to do.
  5. He is taking into consideration what Shinobu has told him.
  6. In the end Hitagi will need him more than he needs himself and more than Shinobou needs him. He is the reason she is growing and making positive changes and this is something that takes a lifetime.
  7. If he wants to be helpful like Oshino, he has to become 100% human again. A half assed approach and half assed oddity cannot help people.
  8. If you want to help people, you have to be truly capable of doing so... being an oddity himself limits his ability to help.
Well.....
  1. This is debatable since if Shinobu doesn't drink from him, she will die and Araragi will turn back into a human. I don't know if Araragi has some way of forcing blood into her mouth....but that's my argument
  2. Well his family wasn't enough to stop him from killing himself the first time so they aren't going to be a factor the next time either. As for his friends......well they might be a factor.....
  3. See above
  4. The reason Oshino left was because he trust Araragi that the future he decides will be the right one whether its to live forever or not. Besides, he left without saying a word so I wouldn't start giving out awards to this wise man just yet.
  5. Everything that she has said has been speculation, it's very likely what she says is true but I wouldn't start chopping her into pieces either in the near future.
  6. Well, how can we determine that Shinobu needs Araragi any less than Hitagi does. You say that he is having a positive influence in Hitagi but doesn't he also have one with Shinobu? I mean Shinobu has been alone for the past 400 years and Araragi is the first person to ever be close to her since then. I mean in a sense, he is healing her too.
  7. Well, remember what happened in Nadeko Snake where Oshino needed Araragi and Kanbaru who were two part-Kaiis to enter a shrine and put on a seal. They were only able to do that because they had Kaii blood flowing through them, Oshino said it would be a lot more tougher or even impossible for him to do it himself.
  8. Like I said above, it not like being a Kaii would limit his abilities, also I think you are thinking too much on the emotional side of thing, I see a lot more on the physical side and the fact that he has powers makes defeating Kaiis a lot more easier. I mean lets face it, without his powers he would have died at least 5 times if we are going to up to Nise 1.

Well, I await your rebuttal.

Last edited by omimon; 2009-11-11 at 01:50.
omimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-10, 21:29   Link #57
Azuma Denton
~AD~
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Err, i believed that this already spoiler because what you guys discussed is a future that based on Kizumonogatari story (Araragi and Shinobu)...
Azuma Denton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-10, 21:37   Link #58
Full Metal Coast
-Gantzer-
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Perth, Western Australia - Down Where The City Meets The Sea
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zetsubo View Post
No for several reasons.
  1. Shinobu wants to rest in peace after 500 years of living.
  2. He is not thinking about himself and Shinobou alone but the many people who need him alive. The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few. That is life.
  3. He has to reason out his future with his FAMILY not just any possible family with Hitagi but his parents and sisters as well.
  4. He has to take into consideration the wise counsel of his genius friend Oshino who told him what to do.
  5. He is taking into consideration what Shinobu has told him.
  6. In the end Hitagi will need him more than he needs himself and more than Shinobou needs him. He is the reason she is growing and making positive changes and this is something that takes a lifetime.
  7. If he wants to be helpful like Oshino, he has to become 100% human again. A half assed approach and half assed oddity cannot help people.
  8. If you want to help people, you have to be truly capable of doing so... being an oddity himself limits his ability to help.
these are excellent points. also Araragi also has to realise that living is not necessarily what shinobu want and stop taking the matry route and think about what she wants. and he should also think about what would happen to senjougahara if he died as well which would result in either her killing herself or completely shutting off from the outside world.

also shinobus view of just wanting to die already is a pretty common view in series with vampire characters because i have found out that elmost all vampires when they get to a point all end up saying that the one beautiful thing about a human life compared to a vampires is death. examples in Hellsing and Vampire Hunter D.
__________________
Full Metal Coast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-11, 05:29   Link #59
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Full Metal Coast View Post
these are excellent points. also Araragi also has to realise that living is not necessarily what shinobu want and stop taking the matry route and think about what she wants. and he should also think about what would happen to senjougahara if he died as well which would result in either her killing herself or completely shutting off from the outside world.

also shinobus view of just wanting to die already is a pretty common view in series with vampire characters because i have found out that elmost all vampires when they get to a point all end up saying that the one beautiful thing about a human life compared to a vampires is death. examples in Hellsing and Vampire Hunter D.
The thing about Araragi is that he is stuck between two ends of the spectrum. He is willing to give up his live for another, but he needs to live in order to keep Shinobu alive. Honestly, if Nisio wrote Kizu before Bake, I'm sure the stories would have turned out differently. I mean I personally feel that he didn't plan everything out when he was writing Bake 2.....but I could be totally wrong here. I mean whatever is going on in Araragi's mind is totally up for grabs. First, he wants Shinobu to live by using his own life as a hostage.....then he goes and starts picking fights with devils, poisonous snakes and energy-draining cats. For all we know the next move he pulls could be trying to find a time-traveling Kaii and then going back in time and keeping all the bad things in the world from happening.
omimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-11, 08:43   Link #60
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Canada
Age: 28
Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by omimon View Post
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by omimon View Post
Well, if you think about it Kizu is a tragedy by itself. Kiss doesn't get what she wants and neither does Araragi.

Personally, I think the most logical ending between Araragi and Shinobu is that after everyone Araragi knows (his family and friends) dies, he'll choose to just end it then. I mean by that point he will have no reason to want to be a human anymore. Now, if we are talking about kids, do we really think he'll want to bring kids into his Kaii-driven life. Whether he likes it or not, his life is now and will forever be one with Kaiis. Also, if he becomes human again he won't be able to protect himself or anyone else from Kaiis anymore.

But in all honesty, I'm bias towards Shinobu, so I'm pushing for an ending where Shinobu and Araragi are together forever even if they don't have romantic feelings for each other.
Yeah I'm just kind of catching up to everything said .

I'm not so sure he'll make that kind of call. I mean he said himself the Kaiis were always there. Besides he's willing to be involved with Senjougahara. Sure he tries to take care of things without getting her involved but, being with her means she will be involved. If he's willing to still be with Senjougahara then I can't see him rejecting children for that same reason. Also isn't it that he can't protect others because he's part oddity not thanks to it? He said himself he can't become like Oshino because he's 1/10 oddity. So wouldn't becoming 100% human again actually allow him to help people better and protect those around him better? Being a physical shield clearly can only do so much.

I have no idea how things will end for Araragi. Really things seem to be pushing him to realizing he can't just try to help everyone. He needs to pick and choose what's important to him and focus on that. I'd like for things to end well for everyone but that doesn't seem possible. If he decides to keep Shinobu at a high importance level then he can't let her die. Which means he can't really help people as much as he would like. If your right and he will constantly be involved with the oddities then it's almost demanded he let Shinobu go. Since Oshino won't be around forever he'll have to resolve the problems himself. But he won't be able to do that unless he's not an oddity.

Seems like he's at a crossroad and has to make a choice. If he keeps going as he is then eventually he'll get too involved in something and get himself killed. I really only see those two paths for him. The body he has is handy but it clearly is limited and can't solve everything. What goes on in Araragi's mind is beyond me. He has to make a choice about what he wants to do.
__________________
FlareKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 15:43.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.