AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Fairy Tail

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2009-11-03, 20:09   Link #2021
Cinocard
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by General_Asakura View Post
*Eminem rap*'
Guess who's back, back again... he is back, back again....
I totally welcome this "back" of him. Because if he does not return to the evil side, I won't be able to have Natsu pawning his ass again.

And I love seeing Gerard's ass being kicked.

Last edited by Cinocard; 2009-11-03 at 22:50.
Cinocard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-03, 20:20   Link #2022
cloak_and_dagger
Hei aka Li Xiansheng
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Kasumigaseki; where contractors dwell.
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonta Kun View Post

one thing tho is that Luvia on the cover page?!!

cause OH. MY. GAWD!!
I think it is but does she have the FT tattoo on her thigh? I don't remember seeing it before..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinocard View Post
I totally welcome this "back" of him. Because if he does not return to the evil side, I won't be able to have Natsu pawning his ass again.

And I love seeing Gerard being owned.
+rep. Very well said.
__________________
cloak_and_dagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-04, 02:32   Link #2023
Kafriel
Senior Guest
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Athens (GMT+2)
Age: 25
Awesome, now Natsu has to win 1v2 in his situation, and the good guys are lacking a sixth member to break the last crystal! So this must be the point where Happy and Charle combine their powers and destroy all of nirvana with a stray thought
Wasn't Gerard's darkness supposed to be Urtear's brainwashing and that he died with a clean conscience?
__________________
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-04, 07:59   Link #2024
Frailty
Half-yōkai
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Pearl of the Orient Seas
Age: 21
Send a message via Yahoo to Frailty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
Awesome, now Natsu has to win 1v2 in his situation, and the good guys are lacking a sixth member to break the last crystal! So this must be the point where Happy and Charle combine their powers and destroy all of nirvana with a stray thought
Wasn't Gerard's darkness supposed to be Urtear's brainwashing and that he died with a clean conscience?
this is why I'm thinking that this was all an act
if he remembers Erza and Natsu, won't he be good? or still the bad dude
__________________

Frailty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-04, 10:28   Link #2025
Krono
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
Wasn't Gerard's darkness supposed to be Urtear's brainwashing and that he died with a clean conscience?
The thing is, why should the brainwashing go away simply because Urtear isn't on hand to actively manipulate him? His thinking was warped through years of development by an external force. Taking away the nagging voice in his head shouldn't be an instant fix.
Krono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-04, 14:05   Link #2026
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krono View Post
The thing is, why should the brainwashing go away simply because Urtear isn't on hand to actively manipulate him? His thinking was warped through years of development by an external force. Taking away the nagging voice in his head shouldn't be an instant fix.
The brainwashing was brain damaged away.
Anh_Minh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-04, 14:53   Link #2027
Bonta Kun
One Punch Man!
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Resides within the depths of Ned infested Glasgow
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
Wasn't Gerard's darkness supposed to be Urtear's brainwashing and that he died with a clean conscience?
Actually don't think he did clear his conscience from when he beaten by Natsu. Pretty sure it just showed him going down with the tower unconscience.
Like Krono says altho the brainwashing is no more, it should already been enough to warp his mind.
I couldn't see him just going back to how he was as a kid 8 years prior.

Well more importantly, it is Luvia on the cover page, she has her tat on the thigh same as Mirachan!
__________________
Bonta Kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-04, 15:03   Link #2028
Kafriel
Senior Guest
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Athens (GMT+2)
Age: 25
Well, supposedly he took Erza's place in the crystal tower...then again, since that part has only been strongly hinted at, I assume I can't state it as a fact that he saved Erza
Anyone read the bonus chapter yet? Besides being hilarious, it drew my attention to Kana...can't really say why
Although, she started off saying there's no boys, but then when she shouted there were three guys on a nearby table.
__________________

Last edited by Kafriel; 2009-11-04 at 16:03. Reason: added+
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-04, 19:23   Link #2029
Slayerx
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
Anyone read the bonus chapter yet? Besides being hilarious, it drew my attention to Kana...can't really say why
Y'know, early on it seemed like Mashima actually had intended on her being seen as one of the more prominent members of the guild... namely in how she was introduced with others like Grey, Elfman, Loki and so forth... however, while she got some more page time then other members it has all been failure. I mean she's played up as one the members that really enjoys a good fight but we never actually see her win a fight; she avoids the main fights, and looses the only time she does get into one (not to mention we don't get to see her fight)

As much as i like the main cast, i do wish Mashima would take a break from some of them so that he can give us some focus on the other members... seeing the same group fight over and over again, can get a bit tiresome... personally, i'm rather bored with Grey, and Ezra is really only holding me because of her hotness...
Slayerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-04, 19:35   Link #2030
Cinocard
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
The brainwashing was brain damaged away.
Now that I think carefully about this, even though his memory regains, it's not certain that he comes to the dark side again. He may have rediscovered something in the lost memory that can help stopping nirvana and defeating Zero, therefore he comes to No.1

I sure don't hope for that scenario though.
Cinocard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-07, 03:37   Link #2031
Ravelt
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Sweden
Gerard memory has return and he is evil again, but guess he maybe change a bit when he meet Erza in good personality.
Happy look so cool.

The special chapter was cute. That was first time I see Lucy like a guy. Otherwise I imagine she was yuri.
The fate of couple was Lucy and Natsu.
Page 7 bottom to left. I think Mashima draw Lucy from anime ending.

Last edited by Ravelt; 2009-11-13 at 16:34.
Ravelt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-07, 04:14   Link #2032
Kafriel
Senior Guest
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Athens (GMT+2)
Age: 25
Quote:
As much as i like the main cast, i do wish Mashima would take a break from some of them so that he can give us some focus on the other members...
I don't remember if I've said this before, but I believe a good story format for FT would be Natsu's team helping out the other teams from requests they've put up on the bord themselves (going for every character individually would stray too much, and Luxus' team had a good intro for all of them together.)
__________________
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-09, 12:24   Link #2033
Fenrir_valindri
Miria's #1 Disciple
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Spoiler for Chapter 159:
__________________
http://i.imgur.com/rZD75r9.jpg
Fenrir_valindri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-09, 12:27   Link #2034
Cinocard
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Quote:
Total turn-around there, Gerard isn't back to being evil, he is actually HELPING Natsu by feeding his a HUGE amount of fire magic.

Natsu is as powered up as we have ever seen him, and is now probably going to stomp Zero
Totally in my prediction.

And I'm totally disappointed...

Quote:
I'll admit, that was actually quite surprising considering last weeks mood, but I guess we can chalk Gerard up on the good-guy side (which hurts NatsuxErza chances, but ah well)
Yeah, with last week special omake, the chance for LucyxNatsu has become much more probable. But to be honest, even though I don't care that much about who Natsu ends up with, IMO GerardxErza sound so wrong on its own

Last edited by Cinocard; 2009-11-09 at 13:05.
Cinocard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-09, 14:01   Link #2035
Bonta Kun
One Punch Man!
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Resides within the depths of Ned infested Glasgow
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinocard View Post
Totally in my prediction.

And I'm totally disappointed...
Yes easy to figure out but just totally disppointing, real shame as this could have been alot better with Gerard being evil.

well at least the colour page is awesome!
the girls look lovely and the guys badass
__________________
Bonta Kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-09, 15:49   Link #2036
Kafriel
Senior Guest
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Athens (GMT+2)
Age: 25
Spoiler for 159...duh:P:
__________________

Last edited by Kafriel; 2009-11-09 at 16:38.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-09, 16:33   Link #2037
FireDetei
Online Gamer.
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Spoiler for 159:
FireDetei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-09, 17:00   Link #2038
Xellos-_^
Married
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: R'lyeh
Age: 38
about the last 2 page

anyone else notice the scales on Natsu?
__________________
Xellos-_^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-09, 17:07   Link #2039
konart
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Moscow, RU
Age: 25
Send a message via Skype™ to konart
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
about the last 2 page

anyone else notice the scales on Natsu?
Same was while fighting with Gerard. Dragon pawah!
__________________
Signature removed. Please check the forum signature rules before trying to upload another one. If you have questions, feel free to contact a mod through PM.
konart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-09, 17:12   Link #2040
Xellos-_^
Married
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: R'lyeh
Age: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by konart View Post
Same was while fighting with Gerard. Dragon pawah!
Forgot about that

looks like Natsu grows scale only when ate Atherion and gerad's Flame of rebuke.
__________________
Xellos-_^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
action, adventure, fantasy, magic, shounen

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:44.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.