Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Monogatari Series

Notices

Old 2009-10-27, 22:14   Link #141
Full Metal Coast
-Gantzer-

Location: Perth, Western Australia - Down Where The City Meets The Sea
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zetsubo View Post
Hitagi and Tsubasa are contrast of each other.

Because of this... Hitagi is very aware that Tsubasa is a "competitor".

Hitagi's only concrete move to beat Tsubasa for Koymi is ... to do something Tsubasa is not likely to do.

Thus... she confessed outright... after much testing and beating around the bush.

She did tell him she was testing him... and he was cluless about what.

Conveniently for Hitagi, Koyomi feels the same way and likes her more than Hanekawa... so she lucked in.

In episode 2 Hitagi probed Araragi about the nature of his relationship with Hanekawa.

Remember the lines ... "don't worry I'll keep it a secret from Hanekawa-san" during the "are you a virgin" act ?

Also rememebr, she pointed out that her assumptions about Hanekawa being his crush was because they (Koyomi and Tsubasa) were always together.

If Hanekawa is as smart as Senjougahara knows she is, then that means Hanekawa is well aware of Araragi's good qualities... it would only be a matter of time before Hanekawa made a move. She is always with him after school... so the odds were in Hanekawas favour.

Hitagi was not going to wait... not on that.

Notice also when Kanbaru went on a date with Koyomi, it prompted Senjougahara to move a step rapidly forward and ask Koyomi out herself. Asking her Father for help for the date as well.

In a way... Kanbaru having a great time with Koyomi rattled Hitagi's nerves abit.

Which Hanekawa warned Koyomi about.. He can't be too mice to Kanbaru or other women.

The way I sum it up... when Hitagi moves, she moves decisively and with maximum momentum.

Her punches are hard.

Like a sledghammer to a wall. She will succeed.
Perfect breakdown of Hitagi's though process. she is also a very calculating individual and is not scared to manipulate Araragi into getting what she wants.
Old 2009-10-28, 09:13   Link #142
freakonboard

Quote:
snip
Good writing mate, most of it similar to my thought.
freakonboard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-31, 14:29   Link #143
Velsy

Quote:
Hitagi and Tsubasa are contrast of each other.

Because of this... Hitagi is very aware that Tsubasa is a "competitor".

Hitagi's only concrete move to beat Tsubasa for Koymi is ... to do something Tsubasa is not likely to do.

Thus... she confessed outright... after much testing and beating around the bush.

She did tell him she was testing him... and he was cluless about what.

Conveniently for Hitagi, Koyomi feels the same way and likes her more than Hanekawa... so she lucked in.

In episode 2 Hitagi probed Araragi about the nature of his relationship with Hanekawa.

Remember the lines ... "don't worry I'll keep it a secret from Hanekawa-san" during the "are you a virgin" act ?

Also rememebr, she pointed out that her assumptions about Hanekawa being his crush was because they (Koyomi and Tsubasa) were always together.

If Hanekawa is as smart as Senjougahara knows she is, then that means Hanekawa is well aware of Araragi's good qualities... it would only be a matter of time before Hanekawa made a move. She is always with him after school... so the odds were in Hanekawas favour.

Hitagi was not going to wait... not on that.

Notice also when Kanbaru went on a date with Koyomi, it prompted Senjougahara to move a step rapidly forward and ask Koyomi out herself. Asking her Father for help for the date as well.

In a way... Kanbaru having a great time with Koyomi rattled Hitagi's nerves abit.

Which Hanekawa warned Koyomi about.. He can't be too mice to Kanbaru or other women.

The way I sum it up... when Hitagi moves, she moves decisively and with maximum momentum.

Her punches are hard.

Makes alot of sense, and I would back most of it. Dont really know if she got nervous of Kanbaru, as she insisted her to go out with Arararargi as her junior and knows shes lesbian.

But the main thing to the relationship (I beleive), is that Senjougahara sees Arararagi-kun as the hero who saved her. And thus I beleive thats her inititive to become lovers with the most valued person in her life. Her crush is the fact of choosing someone who went to great lengths, even after she even threatened and assulted him to stay out of her way and keep silent. He still came to her aid. Kinda what Kanbaru was so pissed off at arararagi in her arc. He did what she failed to do.

I can only assume Senjougahara sees Arararagi-kun as the most important person in her life and it may be her inititive to not loose to the likes of classrep-chan. Arararagi-kun I believe is one of the most luckyest guys around in anime. Senjougahara is portrayed as one of the most beautiful and intelligent girls around but was never approached because of her coldness.

Spoiler for Ep 12 spoiler:

Senjougahara (aka Tsunder-chan) is defferently one of my top 10 favourit chars. Going to try make a siggie sometime, but I not very good at those <.<

I wub pretty much the whole cast to Bakemonogatari, but she stands out the most.

ps - its really my opinions/assumptions

Donated by Om Nerabdator
Velsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-09, 20:01   Link #144
Miyuki-ism
Corpse in Pieces

Send a message via MSN to Miyuki-ism
If Araragi committed suicide, who would Hitagi kill? XD PARADOX!
Old 2009-11-09, 20:22   Link #145
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miyuki-ism View Post
She probably fall into a state of depression and join Koyomi in wherever he goes.
omimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-09, 21:00   Link #146
Full Metal Coast
-Gantzer-

Quote:
No not a paradox. she would also commit suicide find Araragi in the afterlife and try and kill him again and again and again.
Old 2009-11-09, 22:02   Link #147
LotionExplosion
is in Despair

Quote:
Wheres John Connor when you need him..
LotionExplosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-09, 22:03   Link #148
LotionExplosion
is in Despair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Full Metal Coast View Post
No not a paradox. she would also commit suicide find Araragi in the afterlife and try and kill him again and again and again.
Wouldn't that mean she would kill her self because she killed him? Again?
LotionExplosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-09, 22:36   Link #149
Azuma Denton
~AD~

Quote:
Originally Posted by LotionExplosion View Post
Wouldn't that mean she would kill her self because she killed him? Again?
nope...
she's say it right...

I'll kill anyone that kills you beside me...
No one is allowed to kill Araragi besides his beloved Hitagi~san...
Azuma Denton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-09, 23:39   Link #150
Full Metal Coast
-Gantzer-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azuma Denton View Post
nope...
she's say it right...

I'll kill anyone that kills you beside me...
No one is allowed to kill Araragi besides his beloved Hitagi~san...
thats right
Old 2009-11-23, 01:44   Link #151
HitagiIsHot
Ushio... omochikaeri!!!

Quote:

Her punches are hard.

Haha this reminded me of Haruhi Suzumiya's personality. Well actually, Hitagi is more normal than Haruhi (no god complex here), and she is arguably less of a b1tch (I do like Haruhi's character tho).

She's smarter too, not necessarily talented book smart (she works hard for her good grades), but she's got good awareness of what she wants and what's going on.
HitagiIsHot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-26, 00:07   Link #152
Sackett
Cross Game - I need more

Location: I've moved around the American West. I've lived in Oregon, Washington, Utah, and Oklahoma
What I think is interesting is that she labels herself a Tsundere. How many people do that?

I think it's pretty clear she a Yangire (not -dere, since it isn't love troubles that made her crazy), and her way of dealing with it is by labeling herself a Tsundere. because Tsundere's aren't hated for acting crazy and violent- instead it's expected. (A not so subtle Take That against the whole Tsundere is moe craze).

Of course, by episode 12 I think it's pretty clear that she's starting to get better. For one thing instead of showing off her body and acting like it's no big deal she's begun admitting that she's really messed up inside, particularly being scared about a physical relationship. (Which is probably why Araragi is sticking with her, he's got a Messiah complex and he can tell she's the person who needs him most). She might be turning into a Tsundere- maybe it's even deliberate- maybe she's channeling all those negative feelings into behaving like a Tsundere and teasing Araragi, since he puts up with it.

I find her a fascinating character. Never know what she's going to do.

Cross Game - A Story of Love, Life, Death - and Baseball. What more could you want?
Sackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-26, 19:45   Link #153
Tabasco

Better, but not nearly well.

One reason I hope there is a continuation is simply to see her continue to progress. I've heard in the novels that she gets actually happy, though I have trouble getting my head around that. Either way, it would be nice to see.
Tabasco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-26, 20:40   Link #154
Full Metal Coast
-Gantzer-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tabasco View Post
Better, but not nearly well.

One reason I hope there is a continuation is simply to see her continue to progress. I've heard in the novels that she gets actually happy, though I have trouble getting my head around that. Either way, it would be nice to see.
but even in the last few episodes of Bakemonogatari its not like she is exactly sad. she seems pretty happy whenever she is with araragi.
Old 2009-11-27, 03:13   Link #155
ickem
シェリルの為に!

She's actually pretty happy now that she has Koyomi and has rekindled her friendship with Kanbaru. Her biggest problem is that she is unable to show how she feels. Koyomi, Kanbaru, and her father are about the only ones who understand her well enough to read her. Saitou Chiwa had a pretty interesting analysis of her in the atogatari for Suruga Monkey. She thinks that Hitagi feels just like everyone else, but when she tries bring those feelings out, they get warped somewhere along the way and we get what we normally see from her.

「ほら、私が、私の家で、二人きりで、昼となく夜となく、散々面倒見てあげたじゃない」
「………………」
 何故わざわざそんな言い方をする……。
 父親のいるところで、父親不在のときに家で二人きりになった話題など……。
ickem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-28, 10:05   Link #156
Tabasco

I don't disagree she isn't happy, we have plenty of evidence for that. I just don't think she's completely well just yet.

As you said, the feelings might be normal, but the expression of them certainly isn't. I think she's very much a work in progress at the moment. And while I hope she continues to get better, I can't help but think it would be better if she didn't completely. The little edge she has makes her interesting.
Old 2009-11-28, 20:01   Link #157
Zetsubo
著述遮断

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tabasco View Post
I don't disagree she isn't happy, we have plenty of evidence for that. I just don't think she's completely well just yet.

As you said, the feelings might be normal, but the expression of them certainly isn't. I think she's very much a work in progress at the moment. And while I hope she continues to get better, I can't help but think it would be better if she didn't completely. The little edge she has makes her interesting.
We know she isn't there yet.

Check the light novel threads, several indications as to her development that progress way into nise2.

she is barely free of her demons as it is now (end of anime) ... however there are some things about her that will never change... even hanekawa couldn't train her out of them.
Zetsubo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-29, 08:09   Link #158
Tabasco

Good to hear. I've been meaning to wade through the LN thread anyway.
Old 2009-12-01, 08:01   Link #159
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Man, I JUST realized that staplers match the image of a crab's claws. That totally flew past me until just now.
omimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-01, 10:14   Link #160
Azuma Denton
~AD~

Quote:
Originally Posted by omimon View Post
Man, I JUST realized that staplers match the image of a crab's claws. That totally flew past me until just now.
Heh?? Seriously??
How come you dont know that fact...

Btw,

Spoiler for futureHitagi:
Azuma Denton is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tsundere