AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2009-11-12, 14:08   Link #221
ShadowKiko
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Portugal
Quote:
Originally Posted by aimboy234 View Post
What about other possibilities of new people on the crew, It's ok if Bon Clay will join the crew even if they have the same style as Sanji, what about Brook and Zoro...They are but swordsman..
People I can think of...
Hachi- a fishman on the group
Daz Nones-uhmmm I will rethink about it
Mr. 3- another uhhmmm
Crocodile- definitely not
How about Duval from Flying Fish Rider...
Why there is not at least one people from Skypiea join their crew Wiper and Gan Fall is good, and how Urouge go down in the first place
Another one good addition Gedatsu... Cause I want someone "winged" Strawhat...
Zoro and Brook fighting style is no way similar... they both use swords... but its no way similar...
Hachi i can see joining. Daz its another possibility however i dont think he fits the crew at all... Mr. 3 and Duval... well if buggy is too week for the crew as ppl have being saying here... what are those two? Crocodile its never going to happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Trouble View Post
Or do people consider Robin an exception to the rule? Or was she just never that strong to begin with? I find that hard to believe, as I imagine she'd be able to easily take down any of the crew in a one on one fight.
Take all the crew one by one? I dont think so. Her hability is the one to make grow body parts wherever she wants... yet... her speed and power remains the same. Luffy is made of rubber enough said... Zoro and Sanji are way stronger and faster than Robin no way she could break their necks without geting her arms broken before that... Chopper could beat her too since his guard point would be quite efective against Robins abillity. Franky... well i dont think she is strong enough to break through metal... the only ones i can see her defeating are Ussop and maybe Nami and Brook. And even against brook... she could be dead before she even realize it... Robins powers are awesome... but she lacks in power and speed.
On other hand... Boa has a crazy ability but... she is also strong not like robin... and she has King's Haki... Making her way to strong to join the crew at this point... Robin got her bounty just because of her origins.... it had nothing to do with her power... However Sengoku recognizes the power of Hancock. That must mean anything...
ShadowKiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-12, 15:36   Link #222
DJ Trouble
Pajama Party!
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Nowhere
Robin is arguably the smartest crew member, and she knows how to fight. She's had her DF powers longer than a lot of the crew have even been alive. She knows full well how to make the most out of her powers and how to fight well with them. The most important thing to remember is that she loves to use submission holds from impossible positions. The beauty about a lot of submission holds is that they'll work regardless of the strength of either person. Once a hold is successfully executed the user's won. The only member of the crew that could really fight against that is Chopper, because of his ability to instantaneously shape-shift. And even then, I think Robin could still take Chopper. I'm not saying Robin's the strongest of the crew, or that she could actually take a hit from any of the crew, because she'd be OHKO'd by everyone except Nami and Usopp if she actually got hit, but I do think she could win in a one on one fight if she played her cards right. And Robin is all about playing her cards right. >_>
DJ Trouble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-12, 15:58   Link #223
ShadowKiko
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Portugal
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Trouble View Post
Robin is arguably the smartest crew member, and she knows how to fight. She's had her DF powers longer than a lot of the crew have even been alive. She knows full well how to make the most out of her powers and how to fight well with them. The most important thing to remember is that she loves to use submission holds from impossible positions. The beauty about a lot of submission holds is that they'll work regardless of the strength of either person. Once a hold is successfully executed the user's won. The only member of the crew that could really fight against that is Chopper, because of his ability to instantaneously shape-shift. And even then, I think Robin could still take Chopper. I'm not saying Robin's the strongest of the crew, or that she could actually take a hit from any of the crew, because she'd be OHKO'd by everyone except Nami and Usopp if she actually got hit, but I do think she could win in a one on one fight if she played her cards right. And Robin is all about playing her cards right. >_>
Speed... its all about speed... by the time her arms apear in any part Luffy, Zoro or Sanji would break them in the moment... She cant bend metal so no submissions for franky (except if she does like she did in water 7 XD) and chopper's guard point renders submission moves useless... she is an expert in assassination but that takes caughting an oponnent of guard... that way she could kill anyone... but when not offguard thats a diferent story... look her mini fight against crocodile... she did not even had time to throw him water how would she have time to grab any of the 3 top warriors of the crew. And submission its not so linear as that... its locked its over... strenght does have a word to say... when there are a monstruous gap in strenght one can overpower a submission move... wich is the case.
ShadowKiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-12, 19:43   Link #224
cheese4u
da big boss
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
Like Trax said, Fishman Island is sure to become chaotic with the huge infestation of pirates that will emerge after Whitebeard's death. So, even if Jimbei is the strongest fishman to this day and an ally of Luffy, it won't be a problem because there will be plenty of other enemies causing problems/ruckus for the strawhats to deal with.

I'm eagerly awaiting the Fishman Island arc. It's probably going to be one of the most significant arcs in the entire story for two reasons:

1) All pirates have to pass through Fishman Island to enter the New World.

2) Oda has been hyping up this arc for quite a few years now. We can expect some crazy stuff to happen here.
Fair enough, but my point was that Jinbei may not be the strongest fishman. A clue to this (a small clue mind you) is that he is referred to as the "knight of the sea" and not the king.
__________________
Ya know, when a man works hard his entire life enduring hundreds of ladies, many of whom he does not even remember you'd like to think that at the end of the day he will be given a lot of money, without having had to earn it. -Leon Phelps
cheese4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-13, 00:58   Link #225
aimboy234
Proud Filipino
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Philippines
Squardo is from the new world right! Then he is far more stronger than Luffy and his crew.... Another thing I notice, one division captain of Whitebeard is fighting on par with Mihawk...

As you guys implied Robin is not as quick as everyone else in strawhats, her DF ability is not as useful in battle but it was good in supporting, or saving trapped nakama... Like he did to Zoro in Sabaody....

Is there a possibility of Daz Bones in the crew...
aimboy234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-13, 03:13   Link #226
PrototypeX2
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Now that breaks over I hope we will get some early spoilers next week.How about Blackbeard capturing both Poseidon and Pluton then sticking them together with duct tape and killing everyone off in battlefield?
PrototypeX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-13, 04:43   Link #227
.Lynx.
Redlox
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Curitiba, Brazil
Age: 26
Send a message via MSN to .Lynx.
Robin is one hell of a underestimated character...
She has not just great fighting skills, but also useful knowledge both inside and outside a battle scenario.

As for someone joining the crew, Buggy would be quite an ironic choice specially because, as someone said, he has a grudge against Shanks, and this would combine a top-tier Supernova with someone who is just hyping himself to the max... it's so implausible, but... who knows.

Last edited by .Lynx.; 2009-11-13 at 05:01.
.Lynx. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-13, 12:15   Link #228
Haxeye
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Buggy will likely get his own huge bounty raise and have all the more reason to continue as a captain with his inmate followers and reunite with his old crew (oh and Mr. 3), all of which to continue in search of captain John's treasure. He would have little reason to become a subordinate of Luffy.
Haxeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-13, 12:37   Link #229
Blackbeard D. Kuma
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheese4u View Post
Fair enough, but my point was that Jinbei may not be the strongest fishman. A clue to this (a small clue mind you) is that he is referred to as the "knight of the sea" and not the king.
Jimbei is nicknamed the "knight of the sea" because he acts as a body guard for Fishman Island. He is essentially the protector of his race and territory. However, I also do recall that when Jimbei was first revealed back in Chapter 528, his nickname was also translated as "Yakuza of the sea". If I'm correct with my very limited Japanese knowledge, "Yakuza" means a type of gang leader who enforces and acts upon his ideals and beliefs with great pride and honor. This description fits Jimbei very well given what we've seen from him so far. If I got the leader part right (and usually the leader is the strongest), Jimbei is most likely the most powerful fishman currently alive.
__________________
A new age of piracy is at hand, and emperor Blackbeard is at the helm of it.
Blackbeard D. Kuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-13, 14:16   Link #230
ShadowKiko
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Portugal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
Jimbei is most likely the most powerful fishman currently alive.
I also think so... We've seen little about Jimbei's power but we've seen him deal with moria without any trouble that must count to something. I also think he may be one of the strongest Warlords so yeah... probably he is the strongest fishman alive. However im looking forward to see what will happen in fishman's acr since Jimbei is somehow an aly to Luffy. Maybe WB will die and the whole island will become a mess. IT will be for sure a awesome arc.
ShadowKiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-14, 08:56   Link #231
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Somewhere, between the sacred silence and sleep
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
Jimbei is nicknamed the "knight of the sea" because he acts as a body guard for Fishman Island. He is essentially the protector of his race and territory. However, I also do recall that when Jimbei was first revealed back in Chapter 528, his nickname was also translated as "Yakuza of the sea". If I'm correct with my very limited Japanese knowledge, "Yakuza" means a type of gang leader who enforces and acts upon his ideals and beliefs with great pride and honor. This description fits Jimbei very well given what we've seen from him so far. If I got the leader part right (and usually the leader is the strongest), Jimbei is most likely the most powerful fishman currently alive.
Yes, "Knight" is taking a massive liberty on the meaning.
Jinbei was introduced as a 海侠 (Kaikyou), a mocked up original word by Oda meaning a 任侠 (ninkyou) of the Seas.
任侠 is a word referring to chiverly, almost always referring to a Yakuza style chiverly and honor.
It's usually used to refer to anything Yakuza from Yakuza films and fiction, a code of honor among the Yakuza, or an honorable Yakuza member himself.

Perhaps the translator wasn't very fluent of Japanese culture, and used the Chinese form of the word.
Jinbei does, however, obviously have a yakuza theme to him (I mean come on, he looks like a stereotypical Gokudo oyabun, and even talks about Jingi, a code of mutual honor and respect that must be maintained, commonly used in Yakuza narrative) and this is a Japanese manga. So that translation is most likely a misconception of the Chinese origin.
__________________
aohige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-14, 11:58   Link #232
Blackbeard D. Kuma
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
Yes, "Knight" is taking a massive liberty on the meaning.
Jinbei was introduced as a 海侠 (Kaikyou), a mocked up original word by Oda meaning a 任侠 (ninkyou) of the Seas.
任侠 is a word referring to chiverly, almost always referring to a Yakuza style chiverly and honor.
It's usually used to refer to anything Yakuza from Yakuza films and fiction, a code of honor among the Yakuza, or an honorable Yakuza member himself.

Perhaps the translator wasn't very fluent of Japanese culture, and used the Chinese form of the word.
Jinbei does, however, obviously have a yakuza theme to him (I mean come on, he looks like a stereotypical Gokudo oyabun, and even talks about Jingi, a code of mutual honor and respect that must be maintained, commonly used in Yakuza narrative) and this is a Japanese manga. So that translation is most likely a misconception of the Chinese origin.
Thanks a lot for the info aohige. Given your vast/excellent knowledge of Japanese, I knew that what I had said concerning Yakuza would catch your attention .

When you say, "任侠 is a word referring to chiverly", do you mean the word "chivalry"? Because I couldn't find the meaning behind chiverly, so I'm not sure if this word exists. Chivalry makes perfect sense with what you were describing above, since it can basically be defined as the brave and courteous qualities of an ideal knight.
__________________
A new age of piracy is at hand, and emperor Blackbeard is at the helm of it.
Blackbeard D. Kuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-14, 12:54   Link #233
Poetic Justice
100Shots100Hits LuluLaLu
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Inside your heart...
Age: 25
Send a message via Skype™ to Poetic Justice
So Jinbei: Yakuza of the sea would be more appropriate?
Poetic Justice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-14, 13:53   Link #234
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Somewhere, between the sacred silence and sleep
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
Thanks a lot for the info aohige. Given your vast/excellent knowledge of Japanese, I knew that what I had said concerning Yakuza would catch your attention .

When you say, "任侠 is a word referring to chiverly", do you mean the word "chivalry"? Because I couldn't find the meaning behind chiverly, so I'm not sure if this word exists. Chivalry makes perfect sense with what you were describing above, since it can basically be defined as the brave and courteous qualities of an ideal knight.
Yes, I have the bad habit of flipping the bird to the spell checkers.

It is a form of a chivalry, but in a Yakuza context. Not an European Knight context.
__________________
aohige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-14, 15:05   Link #235
lonewolf777
Disabled By Request
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Land of tha Heartless
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowKiko View Post
Speed... its all about speed... by the time her arms apear in any part Luffy, Zoro or Sanji would break them in the moment... She cant bend metal so no submissions for franky (except if she does like she did in water 7 XD) and chopper's guard point renders submission moves useless... she is an expert in assassination but that takes caughting an oponnent of guard... that way she could kill anyone... but when not offguard thats a diferent story... look her mini fight against crocodile... she did not even had time to throw him water how would she have time to grab any of the 3 top warriors of the crew. And submission its not so linear as that... its locked its over... strenght does have a word to say... when there are a monstruous gap in strenght one can overpower a submission move... wich is the case.

Lol. What you're saying might be right for the rest of them, but Robin would have no problem with Sanji because he would refuse to fight and be too busy drooling over her to defend himself.
lonewolf777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-14, 16:38   Link #236
sanzo
33million Humming Brook
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Ask me no questions and ill tell u no lies
Age: 21
after what robin did to franky, in my eyes, shes the strongest fighter in the crew. not even luffy could take a deux fleur "clutch" to the nads. jk
sanzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-14, 17:33   Link #237
ShadowKiko
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Portugal
Quote:
Originally Posted by lonewolf777 View Post
Lol. What you're saying might be right for the rest of them, but Robin would have no problem with Sanji because he would refuse to fight and be too busy drooling over her to defend himself.

You're Right... Sanji cannot hit a girl XD Good example shown agains Kalifa
ShadowKiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-15, 18:59   Link #238
Divine Punisher
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Iga-gakure
Send a message via MSN to Divine Punisher
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanzo View Post
after what robin did to franky, in my eyes, shes the strongest fighter in the crew. not even luffy could take a deux fleur "clutch" to the nads. jk
u sure about that? that huge amazone tried to rip off luffys ding-dong, without him even waking up. so what harm can be done by squeezing?
__________________
Divine Punisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-15, 19:11   Link #239
Bari_Phillis
It's a.... BEAM!
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Somewhere
SO. Has there been any speculation on what will become of whitebeard? After all he has done for his pirates up to this point, what does everyone think he will do? Will he destroy Sengoku and the marine Head Quarters behind him? Will he successfully rescue Ace or will he fail?


In my opinion, he will get as far as releasing Ace from his handcuffs (possibly with the help from Garp) or, actually even less. He will provide a route for the other pirates to rescue Ace. After that, most likely Luffy accompanied by many other pirates close at his side will get to Ace and help him leave.


As for the Pacifista, they will most likely be destroyed in White Beard's rage or at least still be in the picture as a huge force but they won't kill Ace.


And what about Ace? If he lives, what will become of him? Where is Dragon in all of this? So many possibilities.... O_o
__________________
Bari_Phillis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-15, 19:51   Link #240
paradox13
zzz
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Age: 23
Send a message via MSN to paradox13
Who else thinks that Oda is rushing things abit too much?
__________________
Signature stolen by a horde of carnivorous bunnies. It is an unscientifically proven fact that they are attracted to signatures which break the signature rules.

Last edited by paradox13; 2009-11-16 at 14:20.
paradox13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:58.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.