AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-11-05, 00:33   Link #21
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

I'm with relentlessflame. DCSS wasn't very good, but DCII was okay and DCIISS was better.

I'll watch anything DaCapo. A few episodes, anyway. For the memes rather than specific characters, so a whole new group would be okay. Heck, I liked Koko.

By the way, Koko's seiyuu, Nanjou Yoshino, has reappeared, first as Maria in Canaan, and now as the new voice -- and (beautiful) face -- of fripSide, whose OP for Railgun just debuted at #6 in Oricon. Check out the live-action PV that's around.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-05, 00:42   Link #22
shaolinx
Kani Fascination

Ah another season. Da Capo pretty good. Then came Da Capo Second Story, which was pretty bad~. Now finally, Da Capo II SS... The first arc was kinda boring, but the second arc was alot better. Seems like they covered all the bases of the franchise... What else is there for them to do??

It would be nice if they could expand D.C. II SS and develop their relationship a bit more, as it was kinda lacking. Though, I highly doubt they will go back and do that.
shaolinx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-05, 19:43   Link #23
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
I'm with relentlessflame. DCSS wasn't very good, but DCII was okay and DCIISS was better.
Well, actually... personally, I did think D.C.S.S. was rather good. Excellent even. But I've always felt that its biggest problem was that the thinking behind its plot was poorly conveyed/understood, and the topic was difficult for fans to accept (since the whole point of the season was that "wishes can't always come true", and the biggest complaint is that people didn't get what they wanted to see). Basically, D.C.S.S. was a bitter pill to swallow, but I felt that the actual message was rather heartfelt (even if it is terribly bittersweet). It's hard to enjoy a show where all the main heroines have their hearts broken, even if that's the point. But anyway, I digress...

The real question here, as everyone is alluding to, is what material they are going to cover for the new show. Actually, what would be interesting would be if they covered D.C. Zero. Most probably don't know this, but those who collected all 11 D.C. II and D.C. II S.S. DVDs were able to send away for a special bonus disc. I got it myself, and this disc included a special video, featuring the art and graphics from the games, that focused entirely on what happened to Sakura after the end of the D.C. II anime. This is material that was covered for the most part in the D.C. II game, but wasn't presented in quite this manner. So if it turns out that bonus video was in fact a sort of "teaser" for this new anime, I would be quite impressed.
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-11, 00:09   Link #24
plmko

The biggest downfall of D.C.SS were the fanboys deluding themselves that they were going to get the Kotori ending, when in fact it was bleeding obvious that was not going to happen. I thought the anime was good, music was excellent and art was great.

In regards to the new anime, I wouldn't be suprised if it was an OVA of an alternative universe. D.C.IF anyone?
plmko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-11, 03:03   Link #25
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by plmko View Post
The biggest downfall of D.C.SS were the fanboys deluding themselves that they were going to get the Kotori ending, when in fact it was bleeding obvious that was not going to happen. I thought the anime was good, music was excellent and art was great.

In regards to the new anime, I wouldn't be suprised if it was an OVA of an alternative universe. D.C.IF anyone?
maybe it will be a full length Kotori arc
cyberdemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-11, 05:33   Link #26
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
maybe it will be a full length Kotori arc
I'd say not likely. Adding another title to a popular franchise is one thing; making basically exactly another of something they just did a couple months back would be dumb.
Old 2009-11-12, 08:46   Link #27
MeganeShounen
Huh?

Some time ago, despite the stuff being said here, I thought this new anime project would be for Da Capo II Imaginary Future, starring Nanaka.

Then I checked Circus's official page for Fall in Love, and seems like it's really the last game for the current generation. Ah well...

Here's to the next batch of ladies.
MeganeShounen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-14, 01:47   Link #28
Draneor
Aesop's Fox

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
Most probably don't know this, but those who collected all 11 D.C. II and D.C. II S.S. DVDs were able to send away for a special bonus disc.
Now I regret not paying more attention to those cards. ;_; Well, the deadline has long since passed so can't be helped.
Draneor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-01, 09:10   Link #29
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

D.C.V.

First I heard about this is in the recent issue of Comptiq -- the one with the special Circus pull-out book. I'd scan the damn thing in, but (as usual) I can;t find it in my flat--probably under my unfinished Gunpla.

What the heck is this? Can't find info online about it. Apparently it's a Da Capo series that takes place between DCII and the (proposed) DCIII. And the art of it is a lot more refined; i.e. the character design I saw seemed more in tune with White Album than Da Capo, and in a good way.

Don't know if this is a game, a manga, an anime, light novel, or whatever. Any help here?
wavehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-01, 11:05   Link #30
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by wavehawk View Post
What the heck is this? Can't find info online about it. Apparently it's a Da Capo series that takes place between DCII and the (proposed) DCIII. And the art of it is a lot more refined; i.e. the character design I saw seemed more in tune with White Album than Da Capo, and in a good way.

Don't know if this is a game, a manga, an anime, light novel, or whatever. Any help here?
It's a spin-off/crossover game. It takes the characters from Circus's Valkyrie Complex (which, at one point, was also slated to get an anime), and places them in the Da Capo world. I think at one point they had revealed what the "V" officially stood for (it was tentatively just "Valkyrie Complex", but they changed that), but now I can't find it. There isn't much more information at this point, but the placeholder page is here. Because it's a crossover, it's not clear if it'll be considered "canon" in the D.C. universe; I'm guessing probably not.

Edit: Duh... the subtitle was in the magazine you referenced. It's "V"ague. Somehow appropriate given the questions you were asking about what exactly it was.
Old 2010-01-03, 05:17   Link #31
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

So it's a game, after all. Mainly interested because of the character art change, which appeals to me (kind of like how I liked the character art for Pia Carrot 3, but not those of 1,2, G.O., and 4). Story-wise, I wonder if they'll do the same thing all over again, or if they'll actually change something--it's not exactly "Vague" if it's repeating DC and DCII (I'd expect it of DCIII, though).

BTW: No clue as to what Valkyrie Complex is, aside from being a RPG-ish sort of game. Outside of being produced by Circus, is there anything else of note in it?
wavehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-07, 01:28   Link #32
jofori89

Send a message via MSN to jofori89 Send a message via Yahoo to jofori89
New project... all song of D.C. are very well
jofori89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-09, 10:46   Link #33
NeoSam

What's the title of the new D.C. anime?
http://d.hatena.ne.jp/moonphase/20100108

D.C.エクステ
D.C. Ekusute --> D.C. Ext ??? as in "Extension" or "Extend" ???
Old 2010-01-11, 12:52   Link #34
plmko

Oh thanks for the link Neosam, yes it would seem the Ekusute is D.C. Extend and according to your link it is an OVA that will go over Sakura's arc instead of the speculated TV series.
plmko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-11, 16:08   Link #35
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by plmko View Post
Oh thanks for the link Neosam, yes it would seem the Ekusute is D.C. Extend and according to your link it is an OVA that will go over Sakura's arc instead of the speculated TV series.
That's speculation on the author's part. He wonders that, given the talk of just the first episode, if it will be an OVA series. But given the subtitle, I think it's a pretty good guess as well.
Old 2010-01-14, 03:15   Link #36
Crontica

Oh common 4 seasons wasn't enough!? Let the tree have some breathing space.
Old 2010-04-13, 09:34   Link #37
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Question D.C E : Da Capo Ext

It is planned for April day ? I think this will be a TV series and not an OVA.
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-13, 15:35   Link #38
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisaoFan View Post
It is planned for April day ? I think this will be a TV series and not an OVA.
There haven't been any announcements, so nobody knows for sure. One theory is that it'll be a two-part OVA series that will be released with DVD (or BD?) boxsets for the D.C. II and D.C. II S.S. anime, but there's no news. We'll have to wait and see...

They have, however, announced that the first episode is a spin-off that centers on "Magical Girl Sakura" -- very much pun-intended on their part.
Old 2010-05-11, 22:05   Link #39
spawnofthejudge
Explodes when thrown
*IT Support

Possible news on this topic over at ANN.

Quote:
The official website of the adult game studio CIRCUS has announced on Monday that CIRCUS will ship its D.C. I & II P.S.P. game in a Platnum Pack with a new D.C. ~Da Capo~ original video anime (OVA) on October 28.
Or maybe more OVA goodness (and there's still a spring release involved)? You can never know for sure with this one...
Old 2010-08-18, 07:29   Link #40
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

The new Da Capo anime will not be a D.C Ext : Da Capo Extend, but a Magical Girl Sakura 2-part episodes named T.P. Sakura ~Time Paladin Sakura~ Jikū Bōeisen (T.P.さくら~タイムパラディンさくら~時空防衛戦).
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bishoujo, drama, eroge, fantasy, magical girl, romance, seinen