AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2009-11-17, 19:01   Link #561
Vulcannis
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Woo, got my Aria lithograph today. Looks great, definitely recommended for fans. Would prefer something by Kozue Amano but I'll take it. I noticed that Righstuf's website says it's still in pre-order, so if anyone was holding off because of that don't bother. I ordered mine last month and it was shipped almost immediately. And if my # is anything to go by, there's only a 100 or so left!
Vulcannis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-17, 21:16   Link #562
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: On the whole, I'd rather be in Kyoto ...
Age: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vulcannis View Post
Woo, got my Aria lithograph today. Looks great, definitely recommended for fans. Would prefer something by Kozue Amano but I'll take it. I noticed that Righstuf's website says it's still in pre-order, so if anyone was holding off because of that don't bother. I ordered mine last month and it was shipped almost immediately. And if my # is anything to go by, there's only a 100 or so left!
Urgh... no excess money for a couple more weeks.... ah well, I should save it for the last series "Origination" anyway...

Those are the damned chimes that saturate the landscape in Japan, cost barely anything there, yet I have almost no luck whatsoever finding them here in the US. argh...
__________________
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-17, 21:27   Link #563
Proto
Knowledge is the solution
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: U. of Pittsburgh, Previously in Mexico City.
Age: 30
...so $50 for a fancy poster?

Maybe is just my cheapyness not letting me appreciate the value of limited editions/lithographies though.
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-18, 01:46   Link #564
Vulcannis
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Proto View Post
...so $50 for a fancy poster?

Maybe is just my cheapyness not letting me appreciate the value of limited editions/lithographies though.
Yeah, pretty much. But I'll buy most Aria stuff though, since it's my favourite, and having a # on there makes it hard to pass up. Wish they'd release more figures that aren't gashapons though. I've only managed to get one each of Alice and Alicia. And I can't find the Stella art book either.

As for the chimes, they'd drive me nuts IRL.
Vulcannis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-18, 11:45   Link #565
KrebMarkt
Never do well
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: CENSORED
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vulcannis View Post
Yeah, pretty much. But I'll buy most Aria stuff though, since it's my favourite, and having a # on there makes it hard to pass up. Wish they'd release more figures that aren't gashapons though. I've only managed to get one each of Alice and Alicia. And I can't find the Stella art book either.

As for the chimes, they'd drive me nuts IRL.
Bought some of my Aria stuff here. Really Expensive.
KrebMarkt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-18, 12:53   Link #566
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: On the whole, I'd rather be in Kyoto ...
Age: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vulcannis View Post
Yeah, pretty much. But I'll buy most Aria stuff though, since it's my favourite, and having a # on there makes it hard to pass up. Wish they'd release more figures that aren't gashapons though. I've only managed to get one each of Alice and Alicia. And I can't find the Stella art book either.

As for the chimes, they'd drive me nuts IRL.
I'd love to have some 1/7, 1/8, or even 1/10 figures... I just showed up too late in the game. I figure they'll only show in estate sales (he's gone so we're selling his crap). Hmmm, that reminds me I need to put down instructions for my heirs on just where/how to sell "all my anime crap" (assuming they don't want it) to maximize their value.

I'd love to have these....
http://cgi.ebay.com/Toysworks-ARIA-A...item563698c97f
http://cgi.ebay.com/Toysworks-ARIA-A...item3355aeaaa4
http://cgi.ebay.com/Toysworks-ARIA-A...item335355abb9
__________________
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-18, 14:12   Link #567
KrebMarkt
Never do well
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: CENSORED
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
I'd love to have some 1/7, 1/8, or even 1/10 figures... I just showed up too late in the game. I figure they'll only show in estate sales (he's gone so we're selling his crap). Hmmm, that reminds me I need to put down instructions for my heirs on just where/how to sell "all my anime crap" (assuming they don't want it) to maximize their value.

I'd love to have these....
http://cgi.ebay.com/Toysworks-ARIA-A...item563698c97f
http://cgi.ebay.com/Toysworks-ARIA-A...item3355aeaaa4
http://cgi.ebay.com/Toysworks-ARIA-A...item335355abb9
At those prices better look for Max Factory's Alicia figurine.
http://www.goodsmile.info/detail/eng...+Florence.html
KrebMarkt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-18, 17:46   Link #568
Vulcannis
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
I'd love to have some 1/7, 1/8, or even 1/10 figures... I just showed up too late in the game.
Aye, I only caught the tail end of the figure production for Aria. With both anime and manga done now I doubt there will be any more chances.

But cripes, I've got that Alice figure. $350!? Wow. I can't imagine what my entire collection would go for with that kind of markup.
Vulcannis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-18, 19:21   Link #569
relentlessflame
 
*Administrator
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Age: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vulcannis View Post
But cripes, I've got that Alice figure. $350!? Wow. I can't imagine what my entire collection would go for with that kind of markup.
That's what I was thinking! I have the entire set of 6 just sitting in my closet in their boxes, unopened. Little did I know that I was sitting on a goldmine! ...I'm not selling though.
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-18, 20:54   Link #570
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Age: 26
good smile alicia is the way to go. if i had money, i would sooooooooo buy that.
__________________
Aria is the best series EVER. Rewatch Origination with me.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-18, 23:06   Link #571
fict_ticious
I can has drinks?
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Quote:
$350~$400
Great Scott! Perhaps I should sell some of MY Aria goods at a premium... nahh, I love that stuff.

I only have Aika and Akari from those releases, and I paid a pretty penny for them. No more than $100 each though, because that is insane. The only products that really irked me were the Yujin 6" figures. I feel like carving up Alice and adding in joints or something.

I know a few stores still carry the Punit collections. Shitsucks that I only got into buying stuff online around the end of Natural.
fict_ticious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-19, 00:02   Link #572
Seravy
Dorothy-chaaan~!
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vulcannis View Post
And I can't find the Stella art book either.
Yesasia has Stella

http://www.yesasia.com/us/sutera-%EF...0-en/info.html
Seravy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-24, 00:19   Link #573
MaiNoKen
◕ ‿‿ ◕
*Scanlator
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Neo-Venezia, Planet Aqua (Mars)
50 dollars is expensive, the original book in Japan sells for about 3200 yen. If you cannot find a better price from an importer or a local Japanese bookstore, may want to try order directly from Japan like http://www.amazon.co.jp or http://bookweb.kinokuniya.co.jp/ . They will ship to America. How much the shipping cost will depends on how much you order and where you live. Or even better if you have friends in Japan (shipping become free or even lower ).

Let say for Kinokuniya, if not too heavy, it only cost 900 yen to ship to US. 4100 yen is 46 dollars as of today currency price.
MaiNoKen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-27, 13:56   Link #574
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: On the whole, I'd rather be in Kyoto ...
Age: 57
Ya'll are simply illuminating why the figures are worth so much ... no one is selling theirs
__________________
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-28, 17:20   Link #575
MaiNoKen
◕ ‿‿ ◕
*Scanlator
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Neo-Venezia, Planet Aqua (Mars)
Aria is some of the prettiest (if the not the prettiest) manga drawing I have ever saw. Now I need more Amanchu ; ;
MaiNoKen is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
drama, hal, science fiction, seinen, slice of life

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 23:08.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.