AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2009-11-14, 19:52   Link #2261
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Send a message via AIM to RadiantBeam Send a message via Skype™ to RadiantBeam
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miko Miko View Post
Okay so I want to ask this girl out but I darent.. she'd be my first girlfriend and I dont know how to go about it. We are both bi by the way and good friends
I think it would help a lot first of all if you knew her feelings for you before you said anything. You're good friends, but do you ever get the impression that she likes you?

Also, I don't see the problem of asking her out. It really goes both ways regardless of gender. The worst she can do is say no, especially if you're both bi and know about it.
Old 2009-11-14, 23:51   Link #2262
Cipher

Quote:
Okay so I want to ask this girl out but I darent.. she'd be my first girlfriend and I dont know how to go about it. We are both bi by the way and good friends
If your prepared for social consequences, then why not. Though I do believe that dating a good straight male will, overall, have better technical benefits (reproductive and social-wise). Its not really about "love", its about benefits. Love is just an attachment towards the contract. But in the end, your values will determine how you'll react. For example, If it gives you great happiness more than anything else, and if happiness is what you value most, the benefits shifts. Benefits is subjective though we can go with the common majority perception.

But situation-beneficial, I believe straightforwardness is the key. Engage first, then mold it properly.
Cipher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-15, 06:42   Link #2263
Miko Miko
Imouto-Chan♥
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walkingcatastrophy View Post
I would love to tell you I got some perfect method to tell ya miko, but I don't. Someone else could prob give you some better hints, I've always just gone the direct route once I know the girl a little. Usually I'll just ask "Hey wanna go do something this weekend together?" If she's like "You mean a date?" then I'd reply "Yep. A date, where you want to go."

Again that works for me. I just like to be direct.
I could try that.. But I am not such the direct person.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadiantBeam View Post
I think it would help a lot first of all if you knew her feelings for you before you said anything. You're good friends, but do you ever get the impression that she likes you?

Also, I don't see the problem of asking her out. It really goes both ways regardless of gender. The worst she can do is say no, especially if you're both bi and know about it.
I don't know we have kissed and stuff but I am not sure.. I think I'll wait a bit and find out if she likes me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cipher View Post
If your prepared for social consequences, then why not. Though I do believe that dating a good straight male will, overall, have better technical benefits (reproductive and social-wise). Its not really about "love", its about benefits. Love is just an attachment towards the contract. But in the end, your values will determine how you'll react. For example, If it gives you great happiness more than anything else, and if happiness is what you value most, the benefits shifts. Benefits is subjective though we can go with the common majority perception.

But situation-beneficial, I believe straightforwardness is the key. Engage first, then mold it properly.
I don't want to go out with a boy if that's what you're saying. I find most of the lads around here to be d*ck heads But I am not such the straightforward person.

Thanks guys.

Miko Miko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-15, 06:54   Link #2264
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude

Quote:
I don't know we have kissed and stuff but I am not sure.. I think I'll wait a bit and find out if she likes me.
Okay. So the both of you have kissed already, and you're still wondering?

By all means go for it, I say.
Ascaloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-15, 07:06   Link #2265
Miko Miko
Imouto-Chan♥
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascaloth View Post
Okay. So the both of you have kissed already, and you're still wondering?

By all means go for it, I say.
Okay Thanks!

Old 2009-11-15, 18:12   Link #2266
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Quote:
If you've already kissed her, I say go for it. I doubt she would have let you kiss her or would have kissed you herself if she didn't feel something for you that was more than friendship.
Old 2009-11-15, 18:18   Link #2267
Mr.Raw
So damn lazy...ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to Mr.Raw Send a message via MSN to Mr.Raw Send a message via Skype™ to Mr.Raw
Hmm..interesting thread is this ..., I think I'll be hang'in around here for a while, helping you guys out

Random info:
Signature: Sun-Ken Rock

Mr.Raw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-15, 18:35   Link #2268
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Welcome to the thread, Godlike.
Old 2009-11-15, 18:39   Link #2269
Mr.Raw
So damn lazy...ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to Mr.Raw Send a message via MSN to Mr.Raw Send a message via Skype™ to Mr.Raw
Thanks! RadiantBeam

As for Miko:
We all know: True love comes from within. Do you have the same feeling for her? If so..GO FOR IT!!!

Random info:

Old 2009-11-16, 02:33   Link #2270
Miko Miko
Imouto-Chan♥
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
If you've already kissed her, I say go for it. I doubt she would have let you kiss her or would have kissed you herself if she didn't feel something for you that was more than friendship.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Godlike1889 View Post
Thanks! RadiantBeam

As for Miko:
We all know: True love comes from within. Do you have the same feeling for her? If so..GO FOR IT!!!
Thanks. I WILL!

Old 2009-11-16, 17:15   Link #2271
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Quote:
Thanks. I WILL!
Good luck. ^^ Tell us how it goes, ne?
Old 2009-11-16, 17:20   Link #2272
Dextro
He Without a Title

Send a message via Skype™ to Dextro
Quote:
Thanks. I WILL!
Good Luck Miko-chan

Dextro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-18, 08:09   Link #2273
Mukki

Send a message via AIM to Mukki
Thus, 72 hours had passed. The forumgoers, yet to receive any status updates, reach an all-time tension high.

How'd it go?
Mukki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-18, 17:37   Link #2274
Miko Miko
Imouto-Chan♥
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Good luck. ^^ Tell us how it goes, ne?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextro View Post
Good Luck Miko-chan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mukki View Post
Thus, 72 hours had passed. The forumgoers, yet to receive any status updates, reach an all-time tension high.

How'd it go?
I told her I had feelings for her. She said she felt the same but was a little insecure about having another girlfriend at the moment. Well I tried!

Old 2009-11-18, 17:40   Link #2275
Dextro
He Without a Title

Send a message via Skype™ to Dextro
Quote:
I told her I had feelings for her. She said she felt the same but was a little insecure about having another girlfriend at the moment. Well I tried!
That doesn't really sound like defeat, more like a minor setback. Give her some time and space but keep in touch with her, you may have lost the battle but you haven't lost the war.

Dextro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-18, 17:53   Link #2276
Mr.Raw
So damn lazy...ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
*Graphic Designer

^ I agree with him.

One more advice: Live on! ...That's all Folks

Random info:

Old 2009-11-18, 18:09   Link #2277
Emerald Emblem
Casual gaming

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextro View Post
That doesn't really sound like defeat, more like a minor setback. Give her some time and space but keep in touch with her, you may have lost the battle but you haven't lost the war.
True, stay close and bide your time.

Current Anime DVD: Kannagi + Clannad AS <3 | Current Anime Blu Ray: None </3
Emerald Emblem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-18, 18:46   Link #2278
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Like everyone else said, you still have a chance since she didn't outright reject you. Give her some time to figure her feelings out but continue to be a good friend to her.
Old 2009-11-18, 23:04   Link #2279
Crusader

Send a message via MSN to Crusader
Another update on my situation

I believe i'm over my crush, I just said forget it. As others have said there are plenty of fish in the sea. However on my birthday, my mutul friend told me she was asking questions about me, he says she wanted him to call me to see what i was doing, but he didn't. I feel that she's interested, but if she has a boyfriend, and me being the coward i am, don't want to step into another situation were physical harm could be induced. So i just said i was going to leave it alone.

Strangely enough, Another co worker confessed her feelings about me, and i was floored I saw the signs though. She's 40 and i just turned 23, i have never considered a puma, all that appealing, but i find her attractive very attractive. Further more, i can be a gold digger at the same time cause she makes several digits more than me on her pay check. okay that was a joke. My only worry is the co worker she told is the CNN of people's personal business. I think i'll pursue this one because i don't have much going on, but i'll play this one close to he chest.
Old 2009-11-19, 04:28   Link #2280
Mystique
Honyaku no Hime
*Fansubber

Location: In the eastern capital of the islands of the rising suns...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crusader View Post
Another update on my situation

I believe i'm over my crush, I just said forget it. As others have said there are plenty of fish in the sea. However on my birthday, my mutul friend told me she was asking questions about me, he says she wanted him to call me to see what i was doing, but he didn't. I feel that she's interested, but if she has a boyfriend, and me being the coward i am, don't want to step into another situation were physical harm could be induced. So i just said i was going to leave it alone.

Strangely enough, Another co worker confessed her feelings about me, and i was floored I saw the signs though. She's 40 and i just turned 23, i have never considered a puma, all that appealing, but i find her attractive very attractive. Further more, i can be a gold digger at the same time cause she makes several digits more than me on her pay check. okay that was a joke. My only worry is the co worker she told is the CNN of people's personal business. I think i'll pursue this one because i don't have much going on, but i'll play this one close to he chest.
For one the term is 'cougar' (if you mean middle aged sexy women), and hmm...
Two, it doesn't sound like the wisest of decisions or reasons to pursue this path to be honest.
'Just cause I don't have much going on'

Given her age and lifestage, i doubt it'd last very long to be honest, short of her perhaps looking for some fun with you, rather than a serious relationship?
How'd you feel about being a toyboy for a while?

Worrying is like a rocking chair. It gives you something to do, but it doesn't get you anywhere. - Van Wilder
"If you ain't laughin', you ain't livin'." - Carlos Mencia
Mystique is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
advice, break-ups, dating, dating after divorce, divorce, happiness, love, pairings, single dad, single mom