AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Hayate no Gotoku

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2009-11-21, 22:28   Link #4901
leoblack9
Your fagottry, I hate it!
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Hamster Slapping Land
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rah View Post
In short, he'd possess Hayate, preventing Isumi from banishing him to hell. Then using his mysterious powers, he would gain entry to the RG once more. The girls would then join forces to save him.
I have a feeling that this would happen, and it seems though that Midas feeds on negative emotions (just as he takes over Athena when she weakened when she was saddened). For one, Hayate is a treasure trove full of em (or just my imagination), even hinting at a little of his past. He could look so GAR when he shows that grin and superiority, in contrast to his soft spoken nature.

Then we could insert any appearance here for any mysterious character like Himegami who could answer most of the questions in the arc.

(For once I want Hayate to look cool for once in this arc, it's partly demoralizing if he's just plainly trash at this point in the arc).

ch250
A break chapter it is, premonition to something big. I just don't hope that the next chapter is another thinking chapter. Nagi and Ayumu acting happily hoping that it would rub on Hayate (taking note of her discussion with Maria earlier about Hayate's depression). Hina taking a tearfest somewhere, mostly because of her inability to confess to Hayate and another because of the sudden declaration.

I don't really trust Isumi's idea, it wouldn't work that way easily. I foresee a grinning Athena/Midas when the gem is crushed and saying something like "Haha! You think that would solve your problems! <Insert any explanation here about the gem's true power>

I wouldn't really count on about Hayate time traveling to the past and falls in love with Yukariko, he isn't that horn-doggish type, is he? He'll help her, sure. But lovey-dovey? Nah.

I love it when everybody (nearly) is happy, because after a few chapters it's going to be crazy again, those smiles will turned upside-down and cries and tears will be imminent. Bring me tragedy baby!
__________________
leoblack9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-21, 22:33   Link #4902
GDB
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Age: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by leoblack9 View Post
I don't really trust Isumi's idea, it wouldn't work that way easily. I foresee a grinning Athena/Midas when the gem is crushed and saying something like "Haha! You think that would solve your problems! <Insert any explanation here about the gem's true power>
It wouldn't be crazy to think the gems can regenerate or be reforged, either.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-22, 08:15   Link #4903
Teleutao
Ninja-In-Training
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: ...In America!
Crap, I just had another thought thanks to Rah-sama.

So maybe they do break the gem, or use a different method to force him out. Midas then inhabits Hayate since underneath his cheerful exterior he is easily the most cynical and jaded person in the series (for good reason). Now recall how ridiculously incompetent his 'evil side' has been shown to be. Unless you really threaten Nagi, every other time he's had to 'become a demon' he does a really poor job and usually gets walked all over. Midas in Hayate's body wouldn't even be a threat and Isumi may not even bother to separate them. So they go to Japan and everything is normal except for Hayate occasionally causing 80's cartoon villainy that is only mildly annoying. It'd be like having Midas as his Inner Hollow. Damn it! Why can everything in HnG be related to Bleach!

Still it might be cool to an actually evil and scarily competent Evil Hayate too. He would get full control of his Hayate no Gotoku move, probably create a new mortal blow and he wouldn't hold anything back. Cue him suddenly surprising even Athena and Isumi with how awesome he is. Then follow up with him STILL smiling and cheerfully doing whatever Nagi says. That would make this entire arc totally worth it.

As for time travel, let's face it, he already did it once by reaching for a hat/turning around. At this point he'll likely do it again since he was in Greece the last time he did it as well. The fact that Hayate may actually be able to be his own brother may shatter the very fabric of reality, but then they might get Norio Wakamoto as a narrator.

Hinagiku appears to be contemplating the night before, but we don't know yet what conclusions she'll draw. She thought that Hayate was dating Nishizawa because of the Valentine's Day mess (complete with hilarious mental image) so she will likely believe that he is now dating Athena and will not think much of him being depressed still. Alternatively, she notices that he is depressed and wonders if things didn't go well. The knowledge that he and Athena didn't hook up may make her feel better by the end of the chapter and she'll probably finally act more like herself when they go back to Japan knowing that she at least has a chance.

Well that's all ideal anyway. Next chapter could make everyone miserable, it's been that kind of arc so far. Once more, let's hope for good news.
Teleutao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-22, 10:51   Link #4904
Rah
Are you a lolicon? :3
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teleutao View Post
Crap, I just had another thought thanks to Rah-sama.
Good to know that my posts don't drive you insane.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teleutao View Post
So maybe they do break the gem, or use a different method to force him out. Midas then inhabits Hayate since underneath his cheerful exterior he is easily the most cynical and jaded person in the series (for good reason). Now recall how ridiculously incompetent his 'evil side' has been shown to be. Unless you really threaten Nagi, every other time he's had to 'become a demon' he does a really poor job and usually gets walked all over. Midas in Hayate's body wouldn't even be a threat and Isumi may not even bother to separate them. So they go to Japan and everything is normal except for Hayate occasionally causing 80's cartoon villainy that is only mildly annoying.
Does have an evil lair? Can't be an 80's villain without an evil lair!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teleutao View Post
As for time travel, let's face it, he already did it once by reaching for a hat/turning around. At this point he'll likely do it again since he was in Greece the last time he did it as well. The fact that Hayate may actually be able to be his own brother may shatter the very fabric of reality, but then they might get Norio Wakamoto as a narrator.
Last time he was in Sicily, Italy. But yeah, he really might time travel, since the actions that he took that day, and that hat are really important.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teleutao View Post
Hinagiku appears to be contemplating the night before, but we don't know yet what conclusions she'll draw. She thought that Hayate was dating Nishizawa because of the Valentine's Day mess (complete with hilarious mental image) so she will likely believe that he is now dating Athena and will not think much of him being depressed still. Alternatively, she notices that he is depressed and wonders if things didn't go well. The knowledge that he and Athena didn't hook up may make her feel better by the end of the chapter and she'll probably finally act more like herself when they go back to Japan knowing that she at least has a chance.

Well that's all ideal anyway. Next chapter could make everyone miserable, it's been that kind of arc so far. Once more, let's hope for good news.
More misunderstandings of course! She just can't open up no matter what...

I said once that she might never even confess to him. Imagine that scenario where years have passed and she's reminiscing about her past love, all the misunderstandings that were caused, and how she never confessed. Now that person is long dead (say he sacrificed himself to save the world or something). She puts their group photo that they took at the end of the Greece trip back down, and just then her 6 year old daughter comes and asks why shes sad, then hugs her or some mushy stuff like that...

Or says: Mommy, you said that you would *insert promise here* today!

.....
......

Damn, I sure hope that it won't end in a similar way, where we get to see them in the future. Open endings aren't that bad.... harem is better though!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teleutao View Post
It'd be like having Midas as his Inner Hollow. Damn it! Why can everything in HnG be related to Bleach!
Spoiler for Why indeed? Everything makes sense now!:
Rah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-22, 15:24   Link #4905
Tom Bombadil
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
The easiest way to solve the crisis.

The old man dies of a heart attack/plane crush/killed by Hayate's evil twin
Nagi gets all the money.
Hayate crush the stone.
Harem ending.
Problem solved.
__________________
Tom Bombadil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-22, 19:20   Link #4906
Wolfnagi
Ojou-sama Familiar!!!!!!!
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: God knows where I am now....
How about this,
Hayate forged a fake stone,
He then destroy the real stone,
He then convinced Mikado that the fake is real,
So both Athena and NAGI survived.
Happy Ending for this arc.
What do you guys think??
BTW, Rah
like i said,
This is NOT Back To The Future,
The is no way Hayate is Nagi's Father,
If it be like that then,
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
__________________
Wolfnagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-22, 20:42   Link #4907
Used Can
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
I don't think Mikado would be fooled by that.

Anyway, Hayate has already travelled to the past. Nothing says he cannot do it again. But, anyway, Hata said in his blog the guy in that pic was not Hayate. Well, he did add a question mark at the end, but it didn't make any sense.

Personally, I think that pic from chapter 208 is either a big troll, or Hayate's brother. Personally, I think there are good hints/convenient coincidences that may back up the latter. The pic on itself is one, since the guy looks like Hayate. So, if that guy is not Hayate, it may be someone related to him. We also know Yukariko and her husband had a cheap honeymoon (Hayate commented it seemed like something a salary man could pay). Hayate's brother and Yukariko met in chapter 187 (and Hata purposely seemed to have tried to hide her identity by not showing her face, but only her scarf). I've also found it quite odd that Nagi doesn't uses his father's surname. Sure, it may mean nothing, for all we know, they may have agreed on that. I just find it a bit suspicious, and I think it may work as another hint that Nagi's father wasn't a rich guy, but middle class or below.
__________________
"The name is Tin; Used is just an alias. I'm everything Shoe Box would like to be." - Used Can of the Aluminium Kingdom

Last edited by Used Can; 2009-11-22 at 21:15.
Used Can is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-22, 21:27   Link #4908
aldw
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
After reading the latest chapter this is what I'd like Hayate to say to Mikado:

Spoiler for Hayate's voice:
aldw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-22, 21:30   Link #4909
Tom Bombadil
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Raw is out.

5 years anniversary color pages!

Plot-wise, nothing big happened, but really nice transition chapter. Well done on Hayate's inner struggles. The last page is quite moving. Go grub it now!
__________________
Tom Bombadil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-23, 00:46   Link #4910
Koroshiya_Kame_13
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Hitman League
Quote:
Originally Posted by Used Can View Post
I've also found it quite odd that Nagi doesn't uses his father's surname. Sure, it may mean nothing, for all we know, they may have agreed on that. I just find it a bit suspicious, and I think it may work as another hint that Nagi's father wasn't a rich guy, but middle class or below.
Nagi's father could be rich, but probably not as rich as the Sanzen'in family. It just emphasize on the fact that the Sanzen'in family is really powerful. BTW, has Nagi ever mentioned anything about her father?
Koroshiya_Kame_13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-23, 01:14   Link #4911
Wolfnagi
Ojou-sama Familiar!!!!!!!
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: God knows where I am now....
She just mention that she does't know much about her father.
Really, i gonna kill myself if Hayate IS Nagi's father
Rah,look what have you done to me!!!
__________________
Wolfnagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-23, 01:35   Link #4912
Used Can
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koroshiya_Kame_13 View Post
Nagi's father could be rich, but probably not as rich as the Sanzen'in family. It just emphasize on the fact that the Sanzen'in family is really powerful.
I really doubt Sakuya's father is as rich as the Sanzen'in family.

Anyway, what got stuck in my head was Hayate's line about Yukariko's and her husband's honeymoon being something a salary man could have afforded. I honestly don't think Hata added that just because.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koroshiya_Kame_13 View Post
BTW, has Nagi ever mentioned anything about her father?
She said he died when she was very little. So, she doesn't remember anything about him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Game8910 View Post
hahaha those revolve chapters released were pretty awesome xD
Where can I... you know... get more information about these chapters?
__________________
"The name is Tin; Used is just an alias. I'm everything Shoe Box would like to be." - Used Can of the Aluminium Kingdom
Used Can is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-23, 03:20   Link #4913
Game8910
Shanacon/Ariafag
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: a room full of despair
Age: 27
http://www.mangafox.com/manga/hayate...butler/c232.5/

for all of you who wanna read Revolve
__________________
HEY GUYS BE NICE AND VISIT MY BLOG WILL YA?
Latest Update:
Spring 2011 Impressions (part1)
Spring 2011 Impressions (part2)
Game8910 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-23, 04:39   Link #4914
Wolfnagi
Ojou-sama Familiar!!!!!!!
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: God knows where I am now....
Guys,
i'm lurkig here like nuts and only 1 member currently.
Where the hell are you guys????
Are you guys sleeping?
__________________
Wolfnagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-23, 11:22   Link #4915
WildArms
Come on, become a legend
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Age: 26
Oh hell! who will hayate choose!? heeeeeeeeeeell, most probably he wont choose at all!? WHAT WILL HAYATE DO GOD!?
WildArms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-23, 12:24   Link #4916
Used Can
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Game8910 View Post
http://www.mangafox.com/manga/hayate...butler/c232.5/

for all of you who wanna read Revolve
FUCK!

Now I want my AU side-story with Sakuya as the main character and love interest.
__________________
"The name is Tin; Used is just an alias. I'm everything Shoe Box would like to be." - Used Can of the Aluminium Kingdom
Used Can is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-23, 15:26   Link #4917
WildArms
Come on, become a legend
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Used Can View Post
FUCK!

Now I want my AU side-story with Sakuya as the main character and love interest.
God bless fan service
WildArms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-23, 19:47   Link #4918
Teleutao
Ninja-In-Training
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: ...In America!
Couldn't agree more WildArms.

So Nagi may be related to Hayate in some way but we still have no clue and it may be nothing. However, there is a huge piece of the puzzle if you look at what Hayate said. Even Hayate thinks that an ordinary salary man could afford such a thing, and while he knows the value of a dollar/yen more than anyone else in the series he also was so poor that he tends to find even fairly normal things expensive. For the honeymoon to be something even Hayate isn't impressed by that's really saying something.

The question then becomes, who was this fairly poor guy that met Yukariko and actually married her. It does set up that social class isn't an impossible barrier to overcome in the HnG universe, which honestly applies to Hayate ending up with almost anyone since he's so poor. I think it will eventually be a plot point as to why there are so many people running around that look like Hayate (though for some reason he's the only one that's been commented to look feminine, poor, and seedy). Now I'm curious as to whether Hayate's parents were really his parents...and I'm pretty sure that Hayate's brother wasn't a blood relative.

Well sorry Wolfnagi, I'd say there's decent odds that Hayate and Nagi are at least loosely related.

Sigh...waiting another week to see if Hayate finally makes his decision and what Bleach reference we can make about it.
Teleutao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-23, 20:20   Link #4919
Used Can
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Nothing has been said about Hayate's brother not being his blood relative. Nothing like that has ever been hinted. All we know about him is that he got fed up with his parents, and left the house. He also seems to be the only relative Hayate cares about.
__________________
"The name is Tin; Used is just an alias. I'm everything Shoe Box would like to be." - Used Can of the Aluminium Kingdom
Used Can is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-23, 20:54   Link #4920
Game8910
Shanacon/Ariafag
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: a room full of despair
Age: 27
translations are out on mangahelpers
__________________
HEY GUYS BE NICE AND VISIT MY BLOG WILL YA?
Latest Update:
Spring 2011 Impressions (part1)
Spring 2011 Impressions (part2)

Last edited by Game8910; 2009-11-23 at 21:05.
Game8910 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
comedy, shounen

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:12.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.