AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2009-11-25, 03:11   Link #21
andy
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
Thanks Aohige for some of the translations on the released pics.

The one half-image of Luffy standing in front of the Admirals is pretty damn impressive...

Yeah that pic look awesome, luffy there looking like he in gear 2 in front the 3 great marine powers look so good.
andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-25, 04:56   Link #22
Freya
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Southern California.
Age: 23
Send a message via AIM to Freya
I don't see how the rookies going to the war is going to help. Kizaru himself took out like 2-4? They are just as ineffective as Luffy is right now. Though maybe Law can use his "separation" ability? Ierno.
__________________
Freya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-25, 09:22   Link #23
seiji_kun
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Belgium, Antwerp
Age: 30
Kizaru looks incompitent all of a sudden, couldn't even catch one of the supernovas and even some of the ones he put out of commision. That's so pure fail. Not that he could take the title from Squad in that regard but he's a close runner up.

And rather then thawed I'd prefer Buggy to be shattered though his DF is probably the perfect defense against getting shattered. But I think and I hope he stays frozen cause every panel he occupies now that the war went in overdrive could be used for one of the stronger fighters that I want to see in action. Buggy would just be an unpleasant distraction for me now, he had his moments no need to overdo it with him.

And that picture of Luffy in front of the 3 admirals is just way to cool. My eyes were shining like when Luffy saw Sunny's canon.
__________________
http://cdimg3.crunchyroll.com/i/spire1/d6f0e9bb51ccf01c113566a57c39cea41226394548_full.jp  g
seiji_kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-25, 11:23   Link #24
ZeroForever
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: all and none
Kizaru simply beat the crap out of them and let the local marines handle the rest, do remember the point of him being there wasn't to take out the pirates but to capture Luffy. The only reason he really beat the crap out of all of them was due to the fact that he couldn't contact sentomaru so he was simply wasting time by kicking there asses, once sentomaru contacted him he goes to catch luffy.
__________________
the anti-thesis of myself
ZeroForever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-25, 16:00   Link #25
andy
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
luffy taking on all 3 admirals is bad ass, plus he did stamp gatling. Luffy being so young all the marines see giving him some more time until he becomes a full beast .
andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-25, 17:14   Link #26
marvelB
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
I'm kinda hoping that Buggy will take credit for killing Whitebeard once he's defrosted. It'll be his first step towards becoming a Pirate God!



Anyways, as I said before, I'm sure that Luffy will receive some help against the admirals in the form of the commanders/NW captains. There's no way in hell that he'll be able to last long against all 3 admiral on his own, otherwise.....



Also, even if the supernovas are heading to Marineford, it doesn't necessarily mean that they'll participate in the war. As was already pointed out, we saw four of those guys get taken out by Kizaru, anyway. There may be other ways that those super rookies can make themselves useful, though no immediate ideas are coming to my mind right now.....
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-25, 18:13   Link #27
andy
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
I'm kinda hoping that Buggy will take credit for killing Whitebeard once he's defrosted. It'll be his first step towards becoming a Pirate God!



Anyways, as I said before, I'm sure that Luffy will receive some help against the admirals in the form of the commanders/NW captains. There's no way in hell that he'll be able to last long against all 3 admiral on his own, otherwise.....



Also, even if the supernovas are heading to Marineford, it doesn't necessarily mean that they'll participate in the war. As was already pointed out, we saw four of those guys get taken out by Kizaru, anyway. There may be other ways that those super rookies can make themselves useful, though no immediate ideas are coming to my mind right now.....
I hope buggy does not get credit for killing WB it would be stupid as hell. While is cool to have jokes. WB dying is the end of a era it should mean more than just using it to make a joke chars funnier .

Still this buggy crap is getting really stupid now.
andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-25, 20:21   Link #28
Rainbowman
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: 1431 Highland Drive
My review part 2:

The Supernovas joining the war? Never would have expected that. And Luffy going against all 3 admirals? I wonder if Luffy would get them to use their powers against each other?

Quote:
Originally Posted by seiji_kun View Post
And that picture of Luffy in front of the 3 admirals is just way to cool. My eyes were shining like when Luffy saw Sunny's cannon.
Were you refering to the Thousand Sunny?
Rainbowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-25, 23:01   Link #29
kari-no-sugata
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Nice quality full raw is out. Very nice chapter!
(but I gotta get some sleep...)
__________________
kari-no-sugata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-25, 23:52   Link #30
marvelB
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Uh... wow. Akainu destroyed the Moby Dick. If that's not the biggest sign that Whitebeard won't make it out of Marineford alive, then I don't know what is.....



Looks like Ace's execution is quite close, as well (the blades were held up to his neck and all....). It's also pretty awesome to see Luffy fighting the admirals, even though we know he can't win against them. Hopefully, whatever grand plan Whitebeard is cooking up with Oars and Jozu will kick off quite soon, because Luffy's gonna be quite screwed if he doesn't get some backup soon......
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-26, 02:11   Link #31
seiji_kun
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Belgium, Antwerp
Age: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroForever View Post
Kizaru simply beat the crap out of them and let the local marines handle the rest, do remember the point of him being there wasn't to take out the pirates but to capture Luffy. The only reason he really beat the crap out of all of them was due to the fact that he couldn't contact sentomaru so he was simply wasting time by kicking there asses, once sentomaru contacted him he goes to catch luffy.
Luffy + Kid + Law and yet Kid and Law were calmly looking at Saobondy Park still to. And to take his frustration out he went capture 1000 other pirates or how many it were yet the ones whom he already had put out of order he let back escape... I don't see your point really. He leaves 100 mil+ pirates to the foot soldiers, yeah that doesn't reek of incompitence either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainbowman View Post
Were you refering to the Thousand Sunny?
Ain't it clear that Sunny's refers to Thousand Sunny? Well to answer it crystal, of course I was.
__________________
http://cdimg3.crunchyroll.com/i/spire1/d6f0e9bb51ccf01c113566a57c39cea41226394548_full.jp  g
seiji_kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-26, 05:32   Link #32
andy
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
how more awesome can luffy get , taking on all 3 admirals, plus WB about to do something i know that going to be crazy . Next week going to be great , hope luffy does something even more crazy .
andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-26, 06:04   Link #33
Prestige
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Grand Line
Damn so epic chapter...

I think this chapter was perhaps best in this arc and that is alot... so much tension and situation looks so desperate for pirates...

Marines are just massacring helpless pirates with cannons and magma. This is so intense...

Supernovas seems to be alright, I feared that they got captured but I guess they managed to escape, its good to seem them being alright.

Luffy is just so awesome...He's desire to save his brother goes over anything else, he wont stop until he is killed for good. That page where he was facing all three admirals was just amazing... Luffy sure have resolve.

It seems that Whitebeard pirates are not done either, Whitebeard is about to reveal his trump card and final desperate charge into the keep is about to happen...

Next chapter will be f*cking amazing

Oh and still waiting for Chapter 0 translation! Damn such a excellent week for being One Piece fan!
Prestige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-26, 06:12   Link #34
Poetic Justice
100Shots100Hits LuluLaLu
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Inside your heart...
Age: 25
Send a message via Skype™ to Poetic Justice
Oh man, that was sheer epicness. I was literally getting goosebumps seeing all the supernova's deciding to head out to marineford. I'm sure their entrance will be epic as hell.
Luffy going up against the three admirals was brilliant as well, Now he just needs to hurt a major player by the time this war ends and i shall be satisfied.
Also whitebeard is looking increasingly weaker as the war progresses , Cant wait to see what their so called trump card is.
So much epic win this week and chapter 0 ain't even out yet.
Poetic Justice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-26, 07:04   Link #35
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by seiji_kun View Post
Luffy + Kid + Law and yet Kid and Law were calmly looking at Saobondy Park still to. And to take his frustration out he went capture 1000 other pirates or how many it were yet the ones whom he already had put out of order he let back escape... I don't see your point really. He leaves 100 mil+ pirates to the foot soldiers, yeah that doesn't reek of incompitence either.
Kizaru simply doesnt care about them. He knows he can take out all of them whenever he wants so he puts the priority on capturing Luffy. Of course this is not exactly how an admiral should act but its just the way he is. I wouldnt exactly call it incompetent, it looks more like lazyness to me.

Anyway Luffy vs 3 admirals, so awesome. Stamp Gatling wont take them out but will buy some time for WB and his allies to bring out their trump card.
__________________
Eisdrache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-26, 07:30   Link #36
seiji_kun
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Belgium, Antwerp
Age: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eisdrache View Post
Kizaru simply doesnt care about them. He knows he can take out all of them whenever he wants so he puts the priority on capturing Luffy. Of course this is not exactly how an admiral should act but its just the way he is. I wouldnt exactly call it incompetent, it looks more like lazyness to me.
That's a reason I could swallow at least a little bit more and a reason why I so freaking hate the marines, the so called good guys that save the world from the bad guys yet an admiral left some 100 mil + pirates uncaptured cause he maybe just doesn't care about them. The same 100 mil+ pirates that we had to believe that were causing so much trouble in the world and were better of caught.

Though I still don't find it a good enough reason to explain why those 4 supernovas that he took out so swiftly and the 2 that he was ordered to capture were calmly watching the broadcast at Saobondy. Personally I think there men just took them to safety asap when Kizaru left but I still find it incompitent of Kizaru to have let all the big names that were there escape.



And damn Luffy really is to reckless but that's nothing new, those admirals will be obviously unphased bye such attacks. I don't like to say the magic word, but he is more or less required to whip out haki to stand a chance though I think the majority is expecting some big names of WB's crew to suddenly jump a side him to even the match. Squad would be my favorite pick to obviously redeem himself and be a key player in Ace's escape.
__________________
http://cdimg3.crunchyroll.com/i/spire1/d6f0e9bb51ccf01c113566a57c39cea41226394548_full.jp  g
seiji_kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-26, 07:31   Link #37
game2007
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Seeing how Akainu didn't move out of the way when Luffy used Stamp Gatling likely means that admiral is a Logia.
game2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-26, 07:40   Link #38
Prestige
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Grand Line
Quote:
Originally Posted by seiji_kun View Post
That's a reason I could swallow at least a little bit more and a reason why I so freaking hate the marines, the so called good guys that save the world from the bad guys yet an admiral left some 100 mil + pirates uncaptured cause he maybe just doesn't care about them. The same 100 mil+ pirates that we had to believe that were causing so much trouble in the world and were better of caught.

Though I still don't find it a good enough reason to explain why those 4 supernovas that he took out so swiftly and the 2 that he was ordered to capture were calmly watching the broadcast at Saobondy. Personally I think there men just took them to safety asap when Kizaru left but I still find it incompitent of Kizaru to have let all the big names that were there escape
Kizaru had no reason to capture those pirates, Kizaru just didn't know location of Strawhats that time and he just wanted to play some time with Pirates. He did not care did Pirates die or not it was just ignisificant for him.

He was basically toying with Pirates, he had no real grudge against them he just didnt have anything else to do while waiting for confirmation of Srawhats location.

When Strawhats were found he took his Pacifistas and headed to finish them off.

Akainu would just killed every pirate he would encountered, Aokiji would most likely just ignore other pirates for being too much of trouble.

Marines are not good guys, they are simply military wing of World Goverment, they 'uphold the law' and protect citizens of Kindgoms of World Goverment but they are but a military tools for World goverment and they hunt down Pirates because dont follow laws.
Prestige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-26, 08:17   Link #39
ChaosPaladin
Bringer of Order & Chaos
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
actually we do not know wat really happen after kuma send luffy and his crew flying away. the last we see it, we only saw the 4 supernovas being KO-ed and not them being captured. i am sure tt in the confusion of rayleigh fighting kizaru, the supernovas may have found some opportunites to escape. dun forget they still got their crew with them. their crew will definitely try to escape with their captains.
ChaosPaladin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-26, 08:50   Link #40
Battler-kun
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Luffy is surely not dumb enough to face the 3 admirals.
He has some plan of course.

And who the hell made Bonney cry ?!!!
Battler-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:30.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.