AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-09-08, 09:09   Link #1521
Dop
We can't stop here...

Gone and placed my order.

I'd only been thinking recently about rewatching this show, and now I can look forward to doing that once the DVDs arrive come November!
Dop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-25, 16:45   Link #1522
Zwei
Natural Born Killer
*Graphic Designer

*yawn*

Just finished the anime, after falling asleep countless times during the series. I forced myself to watch it, thinking something interesting might happen since it's yuri but, damn. This should barely be even labeled as Shoujo-ai.

The battles scenes and the plot were all forced. It didn't make that much sense and it's not that explained as well, some more flashbacks would have helped as to what happened 5 years prior. I also don't get the ending, at least I was suprised that Michiko was that old lady in the beginning of episode 1.

At least, now I know that I'll never watch a yuri anime with science fiction again.

It's also my 2nd time today watching an episode where, "You killed my parents, but I'll forgive you." *cough* Princess Lover *cough*

Last edited by Zwei; 2009-09-26 at 23:01.
Zwei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-27, 14:45   Link #1523
Kaoru Chujo
Minase Inori

I understand where Zwei is coming from, since the show didn't actually live up to my early hopes. But it was still a good show, in my opinion. Just because we didn't get intense yuri doesn't disqualify it from excellence. For me, the two main characters worked very well, especially as played by Yajima Akiko (Mari) and Sawashiro Miyuki (Hagino).

The only other sci-fi yuri show I can think of is Project ICE, but it's a lot more out-there than this. That show is bizarre, violent, confusing, and very entertaining, for me. But then again, I like David Lynch's Eraserhead, so your mileage may vary.
MINASE Inori 水瀬いのり age 18. 2010 Occult Academy (Akari). 2011 Uta no Prince-sama 1000% (students). 2012 Nukko (Sumire), Symphogear (minor roles). 2013 Love Lab (Suzu), Super Seisyun Brothers (Kohara Shiyo). 2014 Robot Girls Z (Gre-chan), Nobunaga The Fool (Chibihane, Toku), Black Bullet (Mibu), Is the order a rabbit? (Chino), Sugar Soldier (Kisaragi Makoto), Gargantia OVA (Rima), Locodol (Mirai), Aldnoah.Zero (Eddelrittuo), Sora no Method (Noel).
Hashihime blog | Twitter @nakanokimi | summer 2014 previews | summer 2014 schedule |
characters/seiyuus: | Mahouka Koukou | Glasslip | Tokyo Ghoul | Sailor Moon Crystal | Locodol | Ao Haru Ride | Hanayamata | Aldnoah.Zero | Nozaki-kun | Magimoji Rurumo | Zankyou no Terror | Tokyo ESP | Rokujouma no Shinryakusha | Love Stage!! | Jinsei | Rail Wars | Blade Dance | Himegoto
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-27, 18:32   Link #1524
Zwei
Natural Born Killer
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
I understand where Zwei is coming from, since the show didn't actually live up to my early hopes. But it was still a good show, in my opinion. Just because we didn't get intense yuri doesn't disqualify it from excellence. For me, the two main characters worked very well, especially as played by Yajima Akiko (Mari) and Sawashiro Miyuki (Hagino).

The only other sci-fi yuri show I can think of is Project ICE, but it's a lot more out-there than this. That show is bizarre, violent, confusing, and very entertaining, for me. But then again, I like David Lynch's Eraserhead, so your mileage may vary.
Now that is just my type of anime, ICE. I guess I can thank you for the "recommendation". I'm sure I'll enjoy it, even though it's a 3-episode OVA.
Old 2009-09-27, 22:40   Link #1525
Kaoru Chujo
Minase Inori

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zwei View Post
Now that is just my type of anime, ICE. I guess I can thank you for the "recommendation". I'm sure I'll enjoy it, even though it's a 3-episode OVA.
I think I've seen a movie-length version around recently.
MINASE Inori 水瀬いのり age 18. 2010 Occult Academy (Akari). 2011 Uta no Prince-sama 1000% (students). 2012 Nukko (Sumire), Symphogear (minor roles). 2013 Love Lab (Suzu), Super Seisyun Brothers (Kohara Shiyo). 2014 Robot Girls Z (Gre-chan), Nobunaga The Fool (Chibihane, Toku), Black Bullet (Mibu), Is the order a rabbit? (Chino), Sugar Soldier (Kisaragi Makoto), Gargantia OVA (Rima), Locodol (Mirai), Aldnoah.Zero (Eddelrittuo), Sora no Method (Noel).
Hashihime blog | Twitter @nakanokimi | summer 2014 previews | summer 2014 schedule |
characters/seiyuus: | Mahouka Koukou | Glasslip | Tokyo Ghoul | Sailor Moon Crystal | Locodol | Ao Haru Ride | Hanayamata | Aldnoah.Zero | Nozaki-kun | Magimoji Rurumo | Zankyou no Terror | Tokyo ESP | Rokujouma no Shinryakusha | Love Stage!! | Jinsei | Rail Wars | Blade Dance | Himegoto
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-15, 00:39   Link #1526
Haruyasha
名前は?
*Scanlator

Watched ICE a long time ago.. strangely enough it felt like a precursor to Blue Drop and the Arume.
Haruyasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-21, 16:14   Link #1527
IronWarrior
KenshiWarrior

I just got watching this and I love it, one of the best animes I have watched this year, the story and art was well played and written, each episode felt like a movie, I had to keep checking the time on the file to make sure it was really 25 minutes because it felt so much longer.

The ending was really sad and I wish more, they should make a second series and third.

The sound track and intros was mind blowing, even through the series was slow, it was very much enticing.
IronWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-22, 19:16   Link #1528
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Every time I watch the last episode for this series I keep thinking "ah, so this is how it ends for humanity ." A pretty good series overall.
Old 2009-11-25, 16:38   Link #1529
IronWarrior
KenshiWarrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Every time I watch the last episode for this series I keep thinking "ah, so this is how it ends for humanity ." A pretty good series overall.
Yeah I thought that, I was hoping she would had saved them, but in the end they still won, I really want more, they need to make more episodes.
IronWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-11, 01:58   Link #1530
Kurohane

Just finished this anime. I thought t was really good and very sad. They should really label this as tragedy. I know the lady at the end was Michiko, so in the end, what happened with Mari. Has there been any info on what happened with her in the years past?
Old 2014-03-17, 23:56   Link #1531
Asrial

A necro is a necro is a necro. In my defense though, at the time of this post, there were ~1530 posts and I read every single one. I'm keeping this post around because it reflects my very first thoughts after finishing the anime.

Great, great anime, in my opinion. The emotions involved, and the way the Japanese actors were able to deliver them, definitely struck a chord with me.

I was on the fence in the first couple of episodes, but by the end of the 2nd I was hooked for the long haul. I rolled my eyes at episode 7 (swimsuits; seems like every anime with female characters has to have a beach episode), but was pleasantly surprised at the direction they went. I actually didn't know this was a yuri themed anime until after I was done watching (I only knew it was a prequel regarding some war).

Hagino's crying as Mari went blank eyed, the "I love you" (followed by the hand holding to leave no doubt), the "goodbye" and Mari's running after Blue and both of them crying this time.. my heart can't take this kind of ache (and yes, I'm proud to get so immersed in things).

I think the truest gift any form of media can give you is to make you FEEL, and Blue Drop definitely made me feel.

So yeah.. no regrets on this anime.

With regards to the thread itself...

Definitely a lot of fascinating conversations and thought points.

A lot of people in this thread are pretty damned good at figuring out what's going to happen later on

..and a lot of people are really good at figuring out the subtleties in a show.

It was a grind.. but a fun grind!

Last edited by Asrial; 2014-08-15 at 03:43. Reason: Consolidation
Asrial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-18, 05:45   Link #1532
Asrial

Since there were some posts about the lack of fan fiction (at the time)...

I'm normally not into fan fiction, but I've been in a pretty hardcore post Blue Drop information overload. You know, when you randomly come across something, find that you really like it, and then go scouring the internet for more content.

Anyways, I found this fan fiction by GreatWorksOfNothing (http://greatworksofnothing.tumblr.com/bluedrop) and I want to share it for those that are into it.

It's a story about Hagino and Tsubael set between the accident and Mari arriving at the school. What I like so much about it is that it's completely believable (for the most part), because it's not trying to change anything. Not like fan fiction that brings Hagino back somehow. Nothing wrong with that, but it feels a bit awkward because I prefer canon information. Anyways, I thought it was fun and I think it's worth a read, especially for Tsubael fans.

Below is a link to a .doc version I made. I edited things just slightly to fix certain grammatical issues, and typos, because that stuff bugs me as I read. I made sure to keep it to really basic stuff to preserve the author's intended flow.

Hopefully someone out there finds this useful and enjoys it like I did

Blue Drop, Pre-Story by GreatWorksOfNothing

Last edited by Asrial; 2014-08-15 at 03:43. Reason: Consolidation
Old 2014-03-24, 04:53   Link #1533
Asrial

One thing that I was interested in, as I watched Blue Drop, was seeing if I could figure out the Arume language. Surprisingly, it was pretty easy!

It's currently missing 3 letters so this is definitely a preliminary version (plus it doesn't look very pretty). It'll be a while though, before I can see about finding other bits of text to see if I can get those 3 letters.

It's amusing some of the errors you see when you really pay attention to something...

"Date Card"

"Megabommer"

"Motyher Ship"

"Inrange"

..but it's also pretty cool some of the things you can find out..

The symbol on all the Commander hats is the letter C (for Commander I guess).

When Azanael is tracking down Mari, a message on her HUD says "For Human Mode." This made me think that Forime might be an unofficial name, but the data card with Mari's info says Forime on it.

Kind of brings into question what you should take as canon and what you should take as an error. In one scene with the mega bomber, the word biconds is used for seconds. Then in a later scene with Blue being attacked, they use seconds. Who knows.

Anyways.

There are some words I'm interested in.. do they have some kind of meaning in Japanese or are they nonsense? The translations fluctuate between English, Japanese and seemingly nonsense. Maybe an indication of different animation groups?

Mushi, Teni ?yunbi, Shinrozu, Tyaka Notei, Raireki, Kaisou, Toutyaka Titen, Chakan, Kervir Tensou, Yokomen and Raikedo (for now).

Images
Arume Language Key
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Last edited by Asrial; 2014-08-15 at 03:56. Reason: Consolidation (actual post was June 20th, 2014)
Old 2014-06-20, 01:02   Link #1534
Asrial

reserved for something

Last edited by Asrial; 2014-08-15 at 03:57. Reason: Consolidation and Preparation

Tags
drama, sci-fi, shounen, yuri