AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Hayate no Gotoku

Notices

Old 2009-11-29, 20:08   Link #5061
Wolfnagi
Ojou-sama Familiar!!!!!!!

Well,
its all coming back to United States huh?
they had vacation and we the one who have to wait.
Anyway, aren't there any translator or whatever translating it,
at least give me the summary,
need it to continue my fanfic.
Old 2009-11-29, 20:54   Link #5062
Rah
Are you a lolicon? :3

Uuuuuuuuuu, I completely forgot about that. Hahaha!

*cough*

Uhm, so... I dunno what's the nationality of the majority of translators, but I'd say that anyone that knows both Japanese and English can do the job. Basic English knowledge is nothing special, but Japanese might pose a bit of a problem (or the other way around if the person is a Japanese translator), since English is used worldwide, and Japanese is, well.. like I know~

By "translators" I referred only to the HnG ones. Again, I have no idea where they're from, how many there are, or if they're involved in other projects, thus slowing the whole process.

There aren't as many HnG fans and translators compared to, for example.. One Piece, so the ones that do the job could have taken Hata's advice and won't be translating for a while, but then again, depending on many other things (holidays, work, school, family, whatever..), they might be too busy to bother / or rush with something insignificant as translating a manga, which they supposedly do in their free time.

Next, your assumption that this is a mostly American populated board might be correct (hell if I know), but in this thread... well,...

Let's see..

*numbers are total replies*

Used Can 710 - No clue
Rah 515 - Not US
zodanhko 362 - Not US
wolfnagi 226 - Not US
Game8910 223 - No clue
Koroshiya_Kame_13 192 - No clue
leoblack9 182 - No clue
primuler 176 - No clue
surerman 123 - Not US
Mentar 105 - Not US
qwertyman 104 - US
9taileddemon 104 - No clue
Teleutao 101 - US
Himegami Akane 100 - Not US
IndoViking 79 - Not US
tsunade666 77 - Not US
Opace 76 - No clue
GDB 73 - US
Chaos2Frozen 72 - No clue
aldw 56 - No clue
WildArms 52 - Probably not US

Perhaps 50 / 50? Maybe not? Dunno~

The next question would be: Do people who obsess over mangas and anime have something better to do than staying online all day and night, regardless of holidays, etc..? I guess that some do, and some don't. Think of a Japanese otaku / hikkomori / neet. The answer is obvious.

In short: HnG doesn't have as many followers / translators as some of the other more popular mangas, thus if they do take a break it's gonna be a pain. Everyone who takes Hata's advice is a *SFX: Baaaaaaaahhh!!*, otherwise I have no problems with whatever they do with their life (even if every HnG translator suddenly stops). Just don't do what Hata tells ya! He's the devil, dammit! I LOVE YOU HATA! DON'T HATE ME, OKAY!?

@wolfy-kun

What kind of a fanfic are you doing, if you're basing most things on the happenings in the ongoing manga? Use some imagination!

Just interpret the pages your way, and then imagine your favorable outcome. If you're gonna base it from 251 onwards, then...

Wait...

In your fanfic you already got through the part where Hayate and Nagi talk, which ends in this chapter. Why would you need a summary of this chappy? Erm.. if you're asking about 252 > then nobody knows, because they're not out yet.

Ah, I dunno what you're trying to do here. ^_^;;
Rah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-29, 22:23   Link #5063
Voltorn
something is missing...

*sigh*
i want this arc end very soon =(
because this arc is very long =(
and a long arc is the symbol of the end of the story =(
so i want this arc end ASAP =(

btw,

the benefits if hayate keeps the stone :
1. Nagi can save her lifestyle
2. Hayate can end up with Nagi xD
3. Nagi can end up with Hayate xD
4. Hayate can erase a-tan painful memory, since hayate though she said "save me", isn't that's mean save her from her pain ? :P
5. A-tan can get a new life, new life brings new happiness
6. Hayate can be a good protector <3
Voltorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-29, 22:37   Link #5064
zodanhko
*ignoring*

I don't really see any benefit in erasing 16 or 17 years of someone's life and change her into a completely different person. ~.~ Those "painful memory" is most likely Athena's only golden memory throughout her entire life, and I highly doubt she wants to erase it. Athena never consider those memories painful.
zodanhko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-29, 23:02   Link #5065
Himegami Akane

Quote:
Originally Posted by zodanhko
don't really see any benefit in erasing 16 or 17 years of someone's life and change her into a completely different person.
Well, think on the good side... if that happens, then probably the manga will be longer and we can see more Athena (hey, is it a good thing??? ofmg!)...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rah
@Himegami

Don't read the Fate/Stay Night manga... oh..

Well, this is self explanatory, but why don't you just play VN's? F/S N Is easily 40-70 hours (depending on your speed), and it's too epic to be compared to a mere manga. There are a lot of translated VN's out there already. If you played them all... well at least the ones with plot instead of xxx, you'd easily go through weeks and weeks...

Or perhaps you already have? Since you have endless amounts of free time, go finish up with the mangas you have remaining and start with VN's!
Damnit Rah... there's a lot of mangas that i don't want to read because they aren't fun... those who you told me were fun, so can't you tell me more mangas?? (or are you out on them?)... bah... searching for a manga by myself is kinda troublesome... i want good references

Right now there's two animes that i'm downloading, so i can't watch F/S N right now... and i like more manga than anime... and what on the hell is VN supposed to be?? (and besides, i don't want to play, i want to READ!)...

Well...anyways...thx for everything =)
Himegami Akane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-29, 23:06   Link #5066
Rah

zod, my love! You haven't forsaken me! *cough* Erm.. I mean "Us", as in the whole thread, yeah.. that's it! ^_^;;;;;;;;

Anyway, I'd be happy if he somehow chose both. I wouldn't mind if Nagi is somehow blood related to Hayate (Hayate's brother - but then again, it's unknown if his brother is a blood relative at all.. let's not go there again, at least not now), and they live together as a family. Of course Hayate marries Athena, but then that arises a question... Is Athena compatible with Nagi? How would they interact?

My personal opinion / feelings aside, I don't think it's possible for him to somehow end up with both. Sadly...

~5 days till we know what Nagi tells him. Oh boy, oh boy, oh boy!

Oh, and by the way, Nagi already knows all about the stone. It's in the chapter where they're on the boat to Athens, and she tells them (Hayate, Maria, Ayumu, perhaps someone else?) how it's a stone of bonds that tests greed, and whatnot...

Only part of a silhouette of the person that told her is shown, after someone asks her how she knows that. It wasn't Mikado, and probably not Himegami. It's either Hayate's bro, or her father. Probably her father, since she was told that at her mother's grave.

And also, that sister, Sonia, told her already that she'd better watch out for that dangerous blond, and then she talked with Hayate how the gem is related to the inheritance, and how she'd be unable to maintain the mansion, and everything else only with her own assets.

I guess that Mikado doesn't know that Nagi knows about the gem (and also Maria..). But Hayate does know that Nagi already knows. Will he still not tell her? If Hata is going to play the role of a cruel bastard and not add an alternative, then Hayate needs to open up to Nagi. I guess that Nagi would decide for him... she'd probably tell him to go save her (she, aftet all, doesn't want to see him in such a sad state), but then again, if he breaks the gem, the whole plot crumbles. After all, the RG is essential for the plot.

An alternative is absolutely necessary now, heh?

How will Hayate return back to Japan with a smile? As I understand it, Hata said not to read the next 3-4 chapters, because it's going to conclude the whole Greece arc in one big bang.

Hmmm, let me guess...

252.. Half of their talk is done, ends with a cliffhanger..
253.. Other half of their talk is done, and it ends yet again with a cliffhanger..
254.. Hayate somehow cheers up and returns happily to Japan, or perhaps that's done in 255?

Unless... Athena interrupts their party? Oh, that would be epic!

@Himegami

DUDE! *genuflects*

VN = Visual Novel (Basically a game like program with a story, sound effects, voices, awesome background music, character animations, some even have RPG elements...) - You also make choices, there are multiple endings, lots of different characters, etc, etc.. man I haven't said half nuff.. hahaha!

A lot of animes are adaptions of such games. You haven't played a single one yet I reckon? Ah, I'm excited about this now.. hehehe! Gotta properly introduce you now!

Oh, and yeah, I know what you mean by a "reference".. I don't like searching, or trying out mangas by myself either. It's always best if someone recommends it, or if I read some good review, etc...
Old 2009-11-29, 23:10   Link #5067
Voltorn
something is missing...

golden memory without pain:
worked with mikado
lost/ doesn't have parents
being so lonely till kissed a fresh meat
kicked the fresh meat
made a deal with greedy ghost/ soul
hired an idiot human-snake butler
being possessed by greedy ghost/ soul
Old 2009-11-29, 23:15   Link #5068
Himegami Akane

Do Athena even know where they are making a party???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rah
Only part of a silhouette of the person that told her is shown, after someone asks her how she knows that. It wasn't Mikado, and probably not Himegami.
WHY do you say "probably not Himegami"?? What do you have against me????? hahahaha
I was there when that person told her... so because of that i know who's that... but since i'm beign in conflict with Hata because of that, i won't tell you guys who was it for now.... maybe next time okay?
Going off again... i found a very interesting manga right now for kill time...
Rah, what are you going to do??
Old 2009-11-29, 23:23   Link #5069
zodanhko
*ignoring*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Himegami Akane View Post
Well, think on the good side... if that happens, then probably the manga will be longer and we can see more Athena (hey, is it a good thing??? ofmg!)...
Yes, and Hayate slowly helps Athena recover her lost memories by being by her side. A good thing indeed, and the story still continue.

@Voltorn
"worked with mikado"---how is this painful?
"lost/ doesn't have parents"---better than doesn't know even her parents
"being so lonely till kissed a fresh meat"---better than lost memories and doesn't even know your past and your love ones
"kicked the fresh meat"---?
"made a deal with greedy ghost/ soul"----When?
"hired an idiot human-snake butler"---What happened here?
"being possessed by greedy ghost/ soul"--- You know, her unity with the ghost remains permanent with her lost of memory.

The time she spent with Hayate was/is her golden memory out of ALL the pain she had gone through. It is a golden memory that she doesn't want to forget and never try to forget no matter how sad it ended.
Old 2009-11-29, 23:26   Link #5070
Rah

Well, because Nagi would remember Himegami. This means that if it was Hayate's brother, it kills the theory that Hayate's brother = Himegaimi.

It might have been her father. She did say that she doesn't have good memories of him. But anyway, she knows about the gem. What will they talk about? Is Hayate still going to pretend that he's ok, and lie to her? Hehe, I'm really excited now. ^_^

@zod

Awww, no reply to my post? ;_; *goes commit suicide*

Bye bye cruel world....
Old 2009-11-29, 23:33   Link #5071
Himegami Akane

Well, if zodanhko were a manga's character, then he probably would be the villain of the history.... (can't think other way)
Old 2009-11-29, 23:57   Link #5072
zodanhko
*ignoring*

0.0 A compliment!!!
Old 2009-11-30, 00:03   Link #5073
Voltorn
something is missing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by zodanhko View Post
@Voltorn
"worked with mikado"---how is this painful?
"lost/ doesn't have parents"---better than doesn't know even her parents
"being so lonely till kissed a fresh meat"---better than lost memories and doesn't even know your past and your love ones
"kicked the fresh meat"---?
"made a deal with greedy ghost/ soul"----When?
"hired an idiot human-snake butler"---What happened here?
"being possessed by greedy ghost/ soul"--- You know, her unity with the ghost remains permanent with her lost of memory.

The time she spent with Hayate was/is her golden memory out of ALL the pain she had gone through. It is a golden memory that she doesn't want to forget and never try to forget no matter how sad it ended.
lol
don't care if is it alright or not to give a link to go to the other site

for mikado things
http://www.mangafox.com/manga/hayate...er/c241/3.html
such a kid
but has lots of secret knowledge
what kind of childhood experience she had till she do that?

http://www.mangafox.com/manga/hayate...er/c241/6.html
works for a great criminal

for doesn't know even her parents -> u mean
being abandoned alone till works for the great criminal is better? =)

for doesn't know her past -> i'm trying to prove her past is painful and better to be forgotten, right now =)

for the love -> new life brings new love

for the deal -> http://www.mangafox.com/manga/hayate...r/c248/11.html
to be possessed like that u need an/a agreement or deal
she made it

for "what happened here?" -> things went bad till "why would she hired machina?"

for ur immortal relation -> http://www.mangafox.com/manga/hayate...r/c249/14.html

@rah
nice way to think... xD

Last edited by Voltorn; 2009-11-30 at 00:29. Reason: error in grammar (i type too fast sorry) xD (i'm so excited) x
Old 2009-11-30, 00:22   Link #5074
Rah

Athena was trained by the SAS.

We don't know if she made a deal with him as of yet, but it doesn't look like it. I still think she was unknowingly and unwillingly possessed at the time when she fought Hayate. Midas was still weak then, but he grew in power over time, so much that he can take over control of her body by now. She probably realized this, and wants to return to the RG, so that he will leave her body, or something...

So, because she's unable to remove him from her being, she needs to cooperate before it's too late. That's the whole "point of agreement". She agrees to take him to the RG, so that he may leave her body. At least that's how I interpreted it...

I might be wrong..
Old 2009-11-30, 00:26   Link #5075
Voltorn
something is missing...

but the stone doesn't work...
http://www.mangafox.com/manga/hayate...er/c241/2.html

what's SAS? 0.0
and why would she? 0.0
Old 2009-11-30, 00:32   Link #5076
Rah

Special Air Service - British special forces (Army). Athena is Rambo. Lol...

Whatever she has in her hand in that picture is probably one of her abilities. I called her a compass, or a GPS at some point.. hehe!

Those gems didn't work because they were still impure.

It's my hypothesis that each has a special function.

Hayate's = Opens the RG entrance.
Wataru's = ???
Aika's = ???

etc...
Old 2009-11-30, 00:48   Link #5077
Voltorn
something is missing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rah View Post
Special Air Service - British special forces (Army). Athena is Rambo. Lol...

Whatever she has in her hand in that picture is probably one of her abilities. I called her a compass, or a GPS at some point.. hehe!

Those gems didn't work because they were still impure.

Wataru's = ???
Aika's = ???

etc...
speacial force for children? lol xD
rambo lol
wth xD

what kind of world r u talking bout xD

i'll with u for a couple min. then

so...
does SAS work with Japan?
was Mikado trained by SAS too?
WHY BRITISH??? xD

btw,
u still haven't answered " why would she?" xD

next question "how could she know that hayate's stone has been purified?"
Old 2009-11-30, 00:49   Link #5078
Koroshiya_Kame_13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rah View Post

Wataru's = ???
Aika's = ???

etc...
Well, they should, since there isn't much point in introducing more stones if they didn't have a purpose to fulfill. Just wondering, would Hayate's stone be previously owned by Yukariko? I know Wataru's mum and Yukariko found the stones together, highly likely they both took one, and Mikado kept the one Yukariko had after she died. What about the other stones? Did they get destroyed? If so what can be achieved from doing it? Or in possession by other people? If so the owners should be introduced to the story if all the stones were to fulfill a purpose.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Voltorn View Post
next question "how could she know that hayate's stone has been purified?"
If she's been keeping an eye on him then she would naturally know, or she probably also has the ability to differentiate the purity of the stone (but not purify).
Koroshiya_Kame_13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-30, 01:01   Link #5079
Rah

Why would she what? Cooperate with Midas? Because she can't get rid of him by herself, I guess? Or were you asking something else?

I was just joking about the SAS thing. Don't take it so seriously. ^_^

When the gems aren't pure, they look dim, fogged up, and when they're pure, they each have a clearly visible symbol. Perhaps it's one of Athena's abilities to perceive them? Maybe she got info from someone? Maybe it was Mikado who told her... that old man is plotting something after all, and it looks like he already knows about Midas. Maybe he has special powers of his own? Like Athena's are to detect, Isumi's are to cleanse, and so on...

Magical girl Mikado! Imagine him in a pink dress with a miniskirt and hairy legs! LOL!

I think that Mikado gave them out at random. He couldn't possibly know which represented what when they were corrupt / tainted / impure / cursed... whatever.

Unless he somehow marked them? They're attached with a string... maybe different colored strings, or perhaps he wrote something small on them, so he could tell them apart? That way he'd give the most important one to the most reliable guy (of sorts..). Hayate certainly isn't a weakling, and he's a good and honest boy that would serve his Ojou-sama to the letter.

But... I still think it was random. Maybe he saw it's symbol in a later chapter, after Isumi purified it, and immediately knew?
Old 2009-11-30, 01:29   Link #5080
zodanhko
*ignoring*

Quote:
lol
don't care if is it alright or not to give a link to go to the other site

for mikado things
http://www.mangafox.com/manga/hayate...er/c241/3.html
such a kid
but has lots of secret knowledge

http://www.mangafox.com/manga/hayate...er/c241/6.html
works for a great criminal
If you are trying to say that Athena had suffer greatly in her past, I think all of us realized that unless we are idiots.

She had suffer but the losing that past, the 16 years of her life which represent who is she, is much more tormenting. Her past, her parents, her love, who she is...which she never want to forget. She may went through pain but at least she realized there are people who care for her and know of her true existence.

Quote:
for doesn't know even her parents -> u means
being abandoned alone till works for the great criminal is better? =)

for doesn't know her past -> i'm trying to prove her past is painful and better to be forgotten, right now =)

for the love -> new life brings new love
Her parents were dead before she entered the Royal Garden, and it shown that she is very affection toward her parents which was probably why she wanted to obtain the Power of God. And right now, you want her to forget her parents including everything dear to her and saying it's a good thing.

Yea, forget everything about your parents, even their existences and their deaths is a good thing. Yea, don't know who you and your important ones are is worst than being lonely. But wait, living in a world with FULL of strangers without knowing who they are, without knowing your love ones, and who you are is the TRUE DEFINITION of loneliness.

"New life brings new love"---wait, but you are saying for her benefit, right? And the person she truly loves is Hayate with her REAL self.
What is beneficial to make her FORGET about the person she truly loves that she had been searching for 10 YEARS? And get her a new one with a personality that's not her own?

Quote:
for the deal -> http://www.mangafox.com/manga/hayate...r/c248/11.html
to be possessed like that u need an/a agreement or deal
she made it

for "what happened here?" -> things went bad till "why would she hired machina?"

for ur immortal relation -> http://www.mangafox.com/manga/hayate...r/c249/14.html
The "agreement" was/could be that both Athena and Midas had the same objective which is the desired for the stone.

Every mistress needs a butler. And as you can see, Machina is not just any butler. We all know that people are after her money and trying to kill her, so? She have the strength to protect herself unlike Nagi. Won't it be better for Nagi to get rid of her inheritance?

Ok, there may be a way to separate the spirit without breaking the stone. And if there is such a way, then Hayate could save both Nagi and Athena without Athena losing her memories.

Last edited by zodanhko; 2009-11-30 at 01:43.

Tags
comedy, shounen