AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2009-11-22, 14:29   Link #2821
Zwei
Natural Born Killer
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Roanapur
Age: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazryonh View Post
If you can get past the odd art style (I don't think the character designs are that good-looking, actually), the flagrant nudity, and the casual brutality in this show
HUH?!

Isn't that what made the show for what it is?

Besides, the art is fantastic, especially if you compare it to the shitty animation we keep getting nowadays.

Lucy. <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cats View Post
More like 5 years ago...
I think he was mentioning the fact that he watched it 3 years ago.
__________________
Zwei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-22, 14:38   Link #2822
roriconfan
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Thessaloniki - Greece
Send a message via MSN to roriconfan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zwei View Post
HUH?! Isn't that what made the show for what it is?
Yup, no matter how good the story would be, nobody would care if it weren't for the soft porn and the hard gore.
...That's casual anime fans for you...
roriconfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-22, 14:42   Link #2823
Zwei
Natural Born Killer
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Roanapur
Age: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by roriconfan View Post
Yup, no matter how good the story would be, nobody would care if it weren't for the soft porn and the hard gore.
...That's casual anime fans for you...
Responding to this casual troll post, I was merely speaking in general and I was talking about the fact what made it so popular.
__________________
Zwei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-22, 14:51   Link #2824
roriconfan
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Thessaloniki - Greece
Send a message via MSN to roriconfan
And what did I say?
roriconfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-22, 15:28   Link #2825
XionComrade
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Lol I think he took the "That's casual anime fans for you!" as a troll lol

I think this is a good time to bring up one of my old topics back when I didn't know what I was doing...

Spoiler:
XionComrade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-22, 16:06   Link #2826
roriconfan
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Thessaloniki - Greece
Send a message via MSN to roriconfan
Quote:
Originally Posted by XionComrade View Post
Lol I think he took the "That's casual anime fans for you!" as a troll lol
Meh, same story all the time. You say newbie or casual and most think you are making fun of their mothers. Like saying to a boy he is a kid. These terms have no negative aspect besides the one given by those who take it as a personal attack by projeting or identifing with a given issue.
...or something like that; I'm not that good at this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XionComrade View Post
I think this is a good time to bring up one of my old topics back when I didn't know what I was doing...

Spoiler:
Has anyone noticed how similar Elfen Lied and Chi's Sweet Home are? Both have characters with two eyes and one mouth...
Although I love comparing anime elements, this is an overkill. You should never try to see it deeper than even the makers themselves did. Both series were pseudo-serious; leave it there. The opposite is also wrong of course; I just lol when someone didn't like series like NGE because he didn't get it or because the lead was spineless and misses all the rest.
roriconfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-22, 17:48   Link #2827
XionComrade
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by roriconfan View Post
Meh, same story all the time. You say newbie or casual and most think you are making fun of their mothers. Like saying to a boy he is a kid. These terms have no negative aspect besides the one given by those who take it as a personal attack by projeting or identifing with a given issue.
...or something like that; I'm not that good at this.



Has anyone noticed how similar Elfen Lied and Chi's Sweet Home are? Both have characters with two eyes and one mouth...
Although I love comparing anime elements, this is an overkill. You should never try to see it deeper than even the makers themselves did. Both series were pseudo-serious; leave it there. The opposite is also wrong of course; I just lol when someone didn't like series like NGE because he didn't get it or because the lead was spineless and misses all the rest.
Yeah one time someone said to me "Hey, ya know what's the matter with the world today? Noone has a sense of humor anymore...." So true!

Im just having fun
XionComrade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-22, 19:11   Link #2828
HolgerE
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Petition to have Elfen Lied (the manga) licensed in English

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=5976114782&v=info
HolgerE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-22, 20:55   Link #2829
XionComrade
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Ya know Holger, I have never thought of that before, its a great idea! The translations I have read of the manga vary in dialogue more than enough to make me uneasy about some fine details in the story, a licensed manga translation would be excellent!
XionComrade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-22, 21:18   Link #2830
woodyfly
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
This anime depressed the hell outta me, no jokes. I couldn't get it off my mind for a WEEK, that's how strongly it influenced me. It's mostly because I could relate to Lucy in a way, being an outcast. The least I wanted to see was a happy ending
woodyfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-22, 21:33   Link #2831
Eva-Beatrice
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
I really wish there would've been more episodes.I mean 13 episodes and 107 chapters and they managed to cram the first 60 out of 107 chapters of the manga into the anime.One of my favourite series of all time.
__________________
Eva-Beatrice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-22, 22:21   Link #2832
XionComrade
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Yeah they really covered alot of material in just 13 episodes, makes you wonder how it would have been if they had more time and a better budget at the time...But again, I like the more "Real" feel the Anime had over the Manga...
XionComrade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-23, 00:53   Link #2833
slayer
essense
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Toronto/Waterloo
Send a message via MSN to slayer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zwei View Post
HUH?!

Isn't that what made the show for what it is?

Besides, the art is fantastic, especially if you compare it to the shitty animation we keep getting nowadays.

Lucy. <3



I think he was mentioning the fact that he watched it 3 years ago.
hahah nope.. i actually watched it when it was still very fresh.. i just got the time frames wrong..

I don't think i'll ever forget this series after I re-watched it.. it's very unique.. and one of the first animes/mangas I picked up and, it was an era of my happy days.. man time passes soo fast.. it's not fair..

I wish to god they re-made this series with true to manga story.. it would be a sight to see..
__________________


Servin' up hot neg's since '04
slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-23, 17:08   Link #2834
FireChick
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Quote:
This anime depressed the hell outta me, no jokes. I couldn't get it off my mind for a WEEK, that's how strongly it influenced me. It's mostly because I could relate to Lucy in a way, being an outcast. The least I wanted to see was a happy ending
If you think this anime is tragic, you should watch Ringing Bell (an anime movie from the late 70's. PM me on where to find it)!
FireChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-26, 04:23   Link #2835
Altima
Claymore # 48
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: At the Organization
Age: 28
I loved every minute of this show and it can easily be in my top 10 anime ever. It had a ton of blood and violence and it had a soft side to it as well.

I loved Lucy, and how she sounded both as a simple minded innocent girl and as a killing machine.

I was sad in episode 8 tho, that episode was just rather wrong, but it portrayed all the nasty things inside of people.

Spoiler:
Altima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-26, 23:40   Link #2836
XionComrade
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Altima View Post
I loved every minute of this show and it can easily be in my top 10 anime ever. It had a ton of blood and violence and it had a soft side to it as well.

I loved Lucy, and how she sounded both as a simple minded innocent girl and as a killing machine.

I was sad in episode 8 tho, that episode was just rather wrong, but it portrayed all the nasty things inside of people.

Spoiler:

Yeah Ive got to agree with you their, top 10 easy here to! And yeah, that scene shocked me to my core, I did not expect that, happens all the time though...
XionComrade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-27, 03:55   Link #2837
DoktaTenma
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Jupiter
This is a very good series.
DoktaTenma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-01, 01:14   Link #2838
Metaler
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Brazil - São Paulo
Age: 22
Ah, Elfen Lied... One of the first series I've watched and it's still one of the best.
It's been almost 4 years ever since I watched this anime, and I still keep thinking about the impact it gave me. You could say that it changed my entire perspective of the world, in a good way, of course. ^^
Metaler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-06, 02:04   Link #2839
BigSky
Death & Rebirth
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: B.A. - Argentina
Age: 23
Elfen Lied made me cry lol ...
BigSky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-20, 03:25   Link #2840
Roardel
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Japan
Finally I watched Elfen Lied. Too late? Hehe.
Anyway, it was great series!
Serious theme, attractive characters, good locations. (I’ve visited Kamakura when I was in junior high school.)
Its violence emphasizes the pain and sorrow of dicloniuses. Not a Ero-Gro-Nonsence-Anime but a masterpiece.
I wish I had watched this series earlier.

And that OP theme! LILIUM!
Pathetic, beautiful and sad.
Great song, isn’t it?
Roardel is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
drama, ecchi, horror, loli, romance, seinen

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:36.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.