AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2009-12-01, 13:58   Link #741
Nosauz
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
I think you should make a thread for talking about that stuff, seriously. Put it in the General Anime forum and put a spoiler warning cause this obviously will be a spoilerful discussion.


And love at first sight is very realistic - it happens all the time. Its just rare that anything would come of it.
I'm pretty sure that my comment is really spoilerish, this based on what we have current scene, and my comment about natsuru is in sense the entire premise of the show.
Nosauz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-01, 14:10   Link #742
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Freedom Guard Ship Amaterasu
Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosauz View Post
@Sinestra
More so about how it's being implemented. Considering that Junpei does go to school with this girl, he's gotta have some other motivations for being sooo infatuated that he's blind to all affection other than hers. It's more his dense nature much like natsuru who drives me nuts. It's ok to be a romanctic and love the notion of love at first sight, but to be so clueless to the other peoples interactions with you just seem pretty far fetched and pretty much make him out to be a dense idiot. Not only is he dense, but in terms of enlightment view his good deeds, he might as well revert back to a bug in his next life...
Think of it this way. Male leads seldom make sense and the reason as to why they like whomever they choose to like is usually skipped because to the Japanese its already implied. Natasuru made the comment "you dont need a reason to love someone" I honestly dont think Junpei loves her its just an extreme crush. The more you think about it the more its going to frustrate you. The Japanese approach to these things are different than in the west just take it with a grain of salt.
__________________
Sinestra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-01, 14:16   Link #743
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Freedom Guard Ship Amaterasu
Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
DragoonKain3 Ill definitely check it out when your done. I too like when the childhood friend wins for obvious reasons one being actually development over the years. Its just that from my own viewing iv notice less of it since the 80's maybe its the series that im watching or im not researching enough. But i am not trying to start an argument or anything. Harems are tricky as not everyone considers them part of the romance genre's.
__________________
Sinestra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-01, 14:16   Link #744
Nosauz
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Age: 26
Eh, I'm use to the eastern way of courtship, it's still frustrating especially when their using the idea of buddhism and he just constantly doesn't learn from these lessons.
Nosauz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-01, 14:36   Link #745
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Freedom Guard Ship Amaterasu
Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosauz View Post
Eh, I'm use to the eastern way of courtship, it's still frustrating especially when their using the idea of buddhism and he just constantly doesn't learn from these lessons.
Theres a fine line between persistence and desperation like i said i think the guy just doesnt know what to do. The only thing i can tell you man is that take all of this with a grain of salt just try to block it out and focus on something else because its going ruin the series for you.
__________________
Sinestra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-01, 14:56   Link #746
willyvereb
Mad Scientist #0000
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Hungary
Age: 26
Send a message via MSN to willyvereb
Junpei isn't dense. He knows exactly that the who loves him and who isn't. The only exception is Kanako and he has quite a reason for it. Afterall they fought all the time since middle school and so Junpei also pretty pissed of at her. At least he somehow still being nice to her despite her abuses. And also Kanako tries her best to hide her feelings from Junpei. It's easy to determine things from the position of the observer, but Junpei is the one who gets abused and being interrupted by her every time he has a good moment with Kaede. Junpei in short is usually too annoyed by her to think. His image of Kanako is that she hates him and only tags along to annoy him. He's still nice and leaves her, but still Kanako built up a rather negative image...if she keeps chikcening and not confessing then this image remains forever.
__________________
willyvereb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-01, 15:43   Link #747
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Freedom Guard Ship Amaterasu
Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by willyvereb View Post
Junpei isn't dense. He knows exactly that the who loves him and who isn't. The only exception is Kanako and he has quite a reason for it. Afterall they fought all the time since middle school and so Junpei also pretty pissed of at her. At least he somehow still being nice to her despite her abuses. And also Kanako tries her best to hide her feelings from Junpei. It's easy to determine things from the position of the observer, but Junpei is the one who gets abused and being interrupted by her every time he has a good moment with Kaede. Junpei in short is usually too annoyed by her to think. His image of Kanako is that she hates him and only tags along to annoy him. He's still nice and leaves her, but still Kanako built up a rather negative image...if she keeps chikcening and not confessing then this image remains forever.
In certain aspects Junpei is dense just like a typical male lead. However it is as simple as you have made it out to be. You say Junpei was pissed at Kana when in fact at the beginning of the series she is pissed at him. Do you remember why?

The situation has now rectified itself because Junpei spoke up and their relationship has started to improve somewhat.

Kana is acting her age and actually like an anime standard. She is trying to get Junpei to notice her in another light it just so happens she is interrupting Junpei's time with Kaeda for that very reason. Also, she is being considerate in her own way.
__________________
Sinestra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-01, 16:56   Link #748
Dop
Mmmm....
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Mention of stalking meant one thing came to mind in this scene:-

I couldn't resist it.

(It's a Zetsubou Sensei reference, in case you were wondering.)
Dop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-01, 21:10   Link #749
Manji Midou
Aimo ~ Tori no Hito
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
. Also, she is being considerate in her own way.

My mind has been blown....please explain...

Kanako is a pain in the ass, she abuses poor junpei to hell and back over her little jealousy moments that junpeixkaede share together. Kanako is lucky that junpei is such a nice guy and hasn't lash out at her for all her annoyance.

l would long ago taken kanako aside and asked wtf is up with her attitude if she were my friend. lf kanako was really considerate she should accept junpei likes kaede and not her and move on.
__________________
http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg228/teh_tenmanat0r/random%20stuffs/chrocheny.jpg
Manji Midou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-01, 21:59   Link #750
CWW
Lurker
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
That's weird, that is exactly how I feel about Taiga and Naru and Haruhi and I could go on forever.

It's slapstick. Deal with it.
CWW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-01, 22:11   Link #751
velvet nightmare
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manji Midou View Post
My mind has been blown....please explain...

Kanako is a pain in the ass, she abuses poor junpei to hell and back over her little jealousy moments that junpeixkaede share together. Kanako is lucky that junpei is such a nice guy and hasn't lash out at her for all her annoyance.

l would long ago taken kanako aside and asked wtf is up with her attitude if she were my friend. lf kanako was really considerate she should accept junpei likes kaede and not her and move on.
i wouldnt say she's a pain in the ass, she's kind of 'competing' but they've always been abusing each other, which is probably why junpei doesn't notice anything out of the ordinary

if she were a random stranger doing random shit to me i'd pull her aside too, but since they already have a history, it won't happen
__________________
velvet nightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-01, 22:42   Link #752
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by CWW View Post
That's weird, that is exactly how I feel about Taiga and Naru and Haruhi and I could go on forever.
i agree about Taiga (Ami ftw..) but the thing about Naru is that the main character actually likes her. Junpei doesn't like Kana.
__________________
Aria is the best series EVER. Rewatch Origination with me.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-01, 22:42   Link #753
xKeen
Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Malaysia
Ugh,Nagi's voice is good! The voice actor is good voicing...traps/reverse? Love every scene with Nagi.
Kana has the same doorbell habit as me,I can't hold back pressing it multiple times
__________________

Credits to Pellissier~
xKeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-01, 22:51   Link #754
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Freedom Guard Ship Amaterasu
Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manji Midou View Post
My mind has been blown....please explain...

Kanako is a pain in the ass, she abuses poor junpei to hell and back over her little jealousy moments that junpeixkaede share together. Kanako is lucky that junpei is such a nice guy and hasn't lash out at her for all her annoyance.

l would long ago taken kanako aside and asked wtf is up with her attitude if she were my friend. lf kanako was really considerate she should accept junpei likes kaede and not her and move on.
Yes you would have but Junpei is not seeing anything out of the ordinary which is why unless she says something he will never realize how she feels, which is why he was creeped out that she came over to take care of him while he was sick. Im willing to bet this is the first time she has felt like this about a guy. She is being jealous teenage girl. This is not out of the ordinary for a girl to pick on the one the she wants and vice verse. If she was doing to be spiteful and just to be mean i would think differently about her but thats not case. The girl honestly doesnt know how to act. She said so herself this would be a lot easier if i didn't realize i loved him. She is competing for his affection the only way she knows how which is too act this way. Its also a cover for her feelings the girls not good with her emotions. Poor Junpei needs to speak up if he has a problem with how she acts. A persons behavior will not change if they think they are not doing anything wrong. I personally think Junpei on some level likes the attention. Thats just how i feel till i see her being mean just for the sake of being mean i wont think badly of her.
__________________
Sinestra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-01, 22:55   Link #755
Manji Midou
Aimo ~ Tori no Hito
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
Yes you would have but Junpei is not seeing anything out of the ordinary which is why unless she says something he will never realize how she feels, which is why he was creeped out that she came over to take care of him while he was sick. Im willing to bet this is the first time she has felt like this about a guy. She is being jealous teenage girl. This is not out of the ordinary for a girl to pick on the one the she wants and vice verse. If she was doing to be spiteful and just to be mean i would think differently about her but thats not case. The girl honestly doesnt know how to act. She said so herself this would be a lot easier if i didnt realize i loved him. She is competing for his affection the only way she knows how which is too act this way. Its also a cover for her feelings the girls not good with her emotions. Oh well thats just how i see it.
You still didn't answer my question...how is she being considerate in your eyes?
__________________
http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg228/teh_tenmanat0r/random%20stuffs/chrocheny.jpg
Manji Midou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-01, 22:57   Link #756
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: USA
Age: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manji Midou View Post
You still didn't answer my question...how is she being considerate in your eyes?
Well, she acknowledges Kaede's feelings and she really could be more aggressive too. I guess her "tsun" gets in the way of her "dere".
DragoZERO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-01, 23:00   Link #757
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Freedom Guard Ship Amaterasu
Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manji Midou View Post
You still didn't answer my question...how is she being considerate in your eyes?
ah sorry i misread. She could be a lot more troublesome than she is now. Granted she does interrupt their moments together but she could make the situation even more uncomfortable by telling Kaede she likes Junpei. Given how sweet and considerate Kaede is she would give up on him for the sake of her friend. Granted this is kind mute now since Kaede already figured it out and you could see her reaction to it. She could knows their feelings she could be a lot more aggressive.
__________________
Sinestra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-01, 23:06   Link #758
Manji Midou
Aimo ~ Tori no Hito
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
Well, she acknowledges Kaede's feelings and she really could be more aggressive too. I guess her "tsun" gets in the way of her "dere".
That's not being considerate. Hell she knows that Junpei loves/likes Kaede and that Kaede herself also likes Junpei...yet again and again she intervenes when kaedexjunpei share a moment. She isn't considerate at all.

She can become more aggressive it's not like that's going to make junpei start liking her more over kaede.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
ah sorry i misread. She could be a lot more troublesome than she is now. Granted she does interrupt their moments together but she could make the situation even more uncomfortable by telling Kaede she likes Junpei. Given how sweet and considerate Kaede is she would give up on him for the sake of her friend. Granted this is kind mute now since Kaede already figured it out and you could see her reaction to it. She could knows their feelings she could be a lot more aggressive.
Can't disagree there.... but.....
__________________
http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg228/teh_tenmanat0r/random%20stuffs/chrocheny.jpg
Manji Midou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-01, 23:07   Link #759
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: USA
Age: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
ah sorry i misread. She could be a lot more troublesome than she is now. Granted she does interrupt their moments together but she could make the situation even more uncomfortable by telling Kaede she likes Junpei. Given how sweet and considerate Kaede is she would give up on him for the sake of her friend. Granted this is kind mute now since Kaede already figured it out and you could see her reaction to it. She could knows their feelings she could be a lot more aggressive.
It would be pretty boring if all of the girls decided to back down so they don't hurt each other. But if that were to happen, it be a twin ending, and I'm okay with that! haha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manji Midou View Post
That's not being considerate. Hell she knows that Junpei loves/likes Kaede and that Kaede herself also likes Junpei...yet again and again she ointervenes when kaedexjunpei share a moment. She isn't considerate at all.

She can become more aggressive it's not like that's going to make junpei liking her more over kaede.
Okay, maybe not considerate, but...ummm...I know! She intervenes because she is uncomforable with another girl being so close like that. So, she isn't that considerate really. I guess the best way of saying it is that she holds back because of Kaede?
DragoZERO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-02, 01:15   Link #760
willyvereb
Mad Scientist #0000
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Hungary
Age: 26
Send a message via MSN to willyvereb
And likewise. Kaede held back since long or at least she believed Kanako and Junpei is going out. And now she still feels guily because she knows Kanako likes Junpei. Kaede is the kind of girl who doesn't want to hurt anyone or anything.
__________________
willyvereb is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
comedy, romance, shounen

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 17:38.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.