AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Claymore

Notices

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2009-12-01, 23:12   Link #61
Newhope
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: England
Quote:
Originally Posted by nemein View Post
It never says Clare recognized the yoki - she just sort of looks around and says something along the lines of "What the hell is that yoki?" I personally think Priscilla has gotten so powerful that her yoki would be unrecognizable, even to ppl who've met her before.

Oh, and I gotta laugh at Riful's reaction. She's adorable even though she's scared out of her mind XD

EDIT: THANKS WEILS!
Priscilla getting stronger over time would fit into my theory that she hasn't fully awakened yet.
Newhope is online now  
Old 2009-12-01, 23:13   Link #62
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: In a hole, I just need to dig myself out
Quote:
In my opinion, Priscilla is getting much more powerful than 7 years ago.
What makes you say that? She's just as strong as she ever was, but what makes you think she's stronger now?

It was thought she was getting weaker by starving herself, which ended up being false; her yoki is seperate. But getting even stronger? Doesn't seem like their is any proof of that.

While this doesn't change anything for me, since I haven't long had this thought-process, but this chapter pretty much confirms Riful was wrong:

She said that it would take another Abyssal to be able to beat Priscilla, and some took that as a sign that Priscilla was 2xAO(like Raciella, as far as we know), even though it was only a chance. Obviously this goes without saying, but I think this chapter confirms for those believers that Priscilla is far above 2xAO: because she fought 2 Abyssal Ones right here and won, without any effort at all.

Quote:
servidor is on a distinguished road

Thank you Weils! From Priscilla's lines I wonder how much of Isley's goals and personality has she in her mind?
Well, I doubt she has any thoughts of conquest or dominion like Isley had, but her Awakened personality is definitely quite intelligent. She seems to have regained her memories of her time in the Organization and their methods.

Last edited by Shiek927; 2009-12-01 at 23:27.
Shiek927 is offline  
Old 2009-12-02, 00:06   Link #63
necrosis6
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiek927 View Post
What makes you say that? She's just as strong as she ever was, but what makes you think she's stronger now?

It was thought she was getting weaker by starving herself, which ended up being false; her yoki is seperate. But getting even stronger? Doesn't seem like their is any proof of that.

While this doesn't change anything for me, since I haven't long had this thought-process, but this chapter pretty much confirms Riful was wrong:

She said that it would take another Abyssal to be able to beat Priscilla, and some took that as a sign that Priscilla was 2xAO(like Raciella, as far as we know), even though it was only a chance. Obviously this goes without saying, but I think this chapter confirms for those believers that Priscilla is far above 2xAO: because she fought 2 Abyssal Ones right here and won, without any effort at all.



Well, I doubt she has any thoughts of conquest or dominion like Isley had, but her Awakened personality is definitely quite intelligent. She seems to have regained her memories of her time in the Organization and their methods.

I guess Riful isn't that great of detector. I bet Priscilla > 2x AO, but at that time with Isley, she had suppressed enough that it looked like she was only 2 x AO, but was really much more.

That being said, I think it's too soon for Priscilla and Clare to have a fight to the death. As soon as Clare finds Priscilla, she's going to go attack her. So the question is is Priscilla going to spare Clare or are we going to get an interrupted battle because Clare discovers Raki is wounded in a nearby town or the destroyer and Clare tag team Priscilla.
necrosis6 is offline  
Old 2009-12-02, 00:07   Link #64
revan5
Dark Lord of Animesuki
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: The Kingdom of Orange...you can't beat the Cuse, in basketball or snowfall!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclone View Post
I'm gonna have to get that battery acid again. Where do you get off saying Galatea-sama is vain? Because she doesn't LIKE looking like Racheal or Undine? That's not vain - it's normal!

And yes, it probably is exactly the opposite of what Galatea-sama would do. She's too selfless, noble, kind, self sacrificing, loyal and just to ignore it. But her safety is my number one priority, so I'm against anything that put her in danger for anyone's sake - I don't care the reason.
Really? You want to try using battery acid on someone who wears protective armor and wields Force Lightning? Might I suggest a different course of action than attempting to attack me with electrically-conductive battery acid? If not you'll wind up a lot like this: http://www.stardestroyer.net/ROTS/Windu-2.jpg
and this: http://media.photobucket.com/image/d...Darth_Sion.jpg

Must I bring up Chapter 78 page 29 with regards to Galatea? I think I do, so let's listen in to Galatea: "You cut my hair!" (indignant) "I thought you said the accuracy went up!" (Galatea complaining about a little hair being cut instead of thanking Claire for just saving her life )

Or how about Chapter 46 page 23 (when Galatea releases her looks-distorting yoki): "Since it goes against my sense of asthetics, this is not something I'm too fond of doing."

Honestly Cyclone, this battery acid attack isn't going to work. Galatea's clearly got a vain side if she's willing to complain about cut hair rather than thank Claire for saving her life. Do we ever hear a word of thanks from Galatea to Claire for her efforts? So far as we know the answer is NO.

You know Cyclone, you are clearly falling into the age-old Sith tradition of Master vs. Apprentice fight despite your best efforts. In the meantime, this female alter ego of Darth Revan will be waiting for you in a dark virtual alley somewhere (). (ok, so cammi may be borrowing the avatar at the moment, but still, she looks good as a female Darth Revan!) http://fc09.deviantart.net/fs44/f/20...Moonshadow.jpg

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As for the latest chapter, I was impressed with Priscilla's kill of Alicia. That's one hell of an accomplishment to do, and she simply severed Alicia's head right off. Despite being the founder of "Alicia's Arsenal", even I must acknowledge the skill shown here.

As for Claire beginning to notice what's going on, all I can say is "Oh hell, I hope she doesn't go trying to suicidally attack Priscilla!" Of course, knowing Claire, the only thing that will be stopping her from doing so is her sanity, namely two adventurers that will be filling in for its temporary loss named Helen and Deneve.
__________________


How the warriors of Claymore OUGHT to look: http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...ostcount=12541
http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...ostcount=12530
"So Shiek, now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb!"
revan5 is offline  
Old 2009-12-02, 00:17   Link #65
Awakened
Clare's #1 fan
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Florida
Clare does not look like she knows its Priscilla's yoki.


Thank you Weils for the translation.
__________________
Miria is alive
Awakened is offline  
Old 2009-12-02, 00:22   Link #66
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: In a hole, I just need to dig myself out
Quote:
I guess Riful isn't that great of detector. I bet Priscilla > 2x AO, but at that time with Isley, she had suppressed enough that it looked like she was only 2 x AO, but was really much more.
No no, I don't think suppression has anything do with it. People were just reading too much into Riful's words.

She said it would take at least 2 Abyssals to have a chance, that's it, a chance. People however took it too far and believed then that Priscilla = 2xAO.

We know from constantly re-evaluating the Slayers arc that Priscilla's strength is at least, or exceeds Teresa, which means she could be 3xAO or even 4xAO. She is definitely not 2xAO as this chapter proves once and for all.

So looking at this now, what kind of chance would Riful and Luciella really have? . We have 2 Abyssals here, and they both have their heads torn off .

Quote:
As for Claire beginning to notice what's going on, all I can say is "Oh hell, I hope she doesn't go trying to suicidally attack Priscilla!" Of course, knowing Claire, the only thing that will be stopping her from doing so is her sanity, namely two adventurers that will be filling in for its temporary loss named Helen and Deneve.
Roflmao, Helen and Deneve? I weep for Claire's sanity
Shiek927 is offline  
Old 2009-12-02, 00:59   Link #67
Ryus
The One Eyed King
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Lurking Up Ahead
OMG! The spoiler was right! (and it didn't have the magic words... speaking of magic words, Does it say Claymore returns in January or February?)

PARTIALLY AWAKEN YUMA & CYNTHIA!
YOU CAN DO IT... and then some yuri to celebrate!

On a note of modestly... my guess of what would happen was rather close! A first since I started reading Claymore, I'm usually left speechless by the unexpectedness of a chapters direction... Admittedly though this month was an easy one to guess, so I don't think it counts as a real victory.

However, I will also state that I have been saying that Priscilla was far beyond 2*AO for ages (since I signed up). I evoke my right to gloat... just a bit. Even Shieky's statement of possibly Priscilla being 4*AO fails to covey just how strong I believed Priscilla is... Agh... vindication is a great feeling , the rest of you must feel really "bad"... (at least on the more than 2*AO level... we'll see if she's beyond 4*AO but I feel no one's going to argue with me on this point (waiting to be proven wrong by some fool )).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiek927 View Post
Roflmao, Helen and Deneve? I weep for Claire's sanity
Maybe Miria will intercept Clare, since Helen and Deneve will clearly just stand there stupefied at what Clare is about to do this time.

Galatea can save Cynthia and Yuma, with Tabitha helping to carry them to safety.

Finally, Mitia can finish off Riful and Duff. Then Clarice will pat her on the head calling her a good girl... Though I would find it funny though if Mitia took them prisoner waiting for Clarice to tell her if she can kill them (Clarice waiting for Miria's orders on the matter). In fact, I love to see that... all the ghost surrounding the barely alive Riful and Duff.

Actually... That (for the moment) is what I want next chapter to be.

The month after that Riful & Duff can beg for their lives! They'd better come up with a good reason for being aloud to live and beg/grovel very well... The Ghosts are about to determine your fate.

Last edited by Ryus; 2009-12-02 at 01:09.
Ryus is offline  
Old 2009-12-02, 01:07   Link #68
Weils
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryus View Post
OMG! The spoiler was right! (and it didn't have the magic words... speaking of magic words, Does it say Claymore returns in January or February?)
This chapter is in January 2010 issue, at the end it says it will be continued in February issue, so we can anticipate another chapter next month.
Weils is offline  
Old 2009-12-02, 01:08   Link #69
Ryus
The One Eyed King
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Lurking Up Ahead
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weils View Post
This chapter is in January 2010 issue, at the end it says it will be continued in February issue, so we can anticipate another chapter next month.
Praise Teresa!
Ryus is offline  
Old 2009-12-02, 01:25   Link #70
necrosis6
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryus View Post

Finally, Mitia can finish off Riful and Duff. Then Clarice will pat her on the head calling her a good girl... Though I would find it funny though if Mitia took them prisoner waiting for Clarice to tell her if she can kill them (Clarice waiting for Miria's orders on the matter). In fact, I love to see that... all the ghost surrounding the barely alive Riful and Duff.
Actually, talking about Miata. Remember when she first appeared and was tearing apart yoma with her bare hands? Priscilla is showing her how to do it with style. They have a lot more in common than an obsession with a parental like figures.
necrosis6 is offline  
Old 2009-12-02, 01:30   Link #71
Awakened
Clare's #1 fan
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Florida
It's official the twins are robots (no individuality). Its almost as if they shear one mind. Alicia realize that she was to weak, so she just awakened.
__________________
Miria is alive
Awakened is offline  
Old 2009-12-02, 01:49   Link #72
Gangsta Spanksta
Fanfic Writer
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Tejas
Send a message via AIM to Gangsta Spanksta Send a message via Yahoo to Gangsta Spanksta
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiek927 View Post
What makes you say that? She's just as strong as she ever was, but what makes you think she's stronger now?

It was thought she was getting weaker by starving herself, which ended up being false; her yoki is seperate. But getting even stronger? Doesn't seem like their is any proof of that.
Geez, Cyclone really predicted this chapter the other day. XD But anyway, Priscilla did get weaker, so you weren't wrong. It's like something else he said: she probably had a little snack before leaving the village. But I agree with you that there is no evidence she is stronger than before.

Quote:
She said that it would take another Abyssal to be able to beat Priscilla, and some took that as a sign that Priscilla was 2xAO(like Raciella, as far as we know), even though it was only a chance. Obviously this goes without saying, but I think this chapter confirms for those believers that Priscilla is far above 2xAO: because she fought 2 Abyssal Ones right here and won, without any effort at all.
Well it supports it but not out right proves it, considering the damage Beth took early on and the possibility Beth Kitty < Bety Awakened.

Quote:
Well, I doubt she has any thoughts of conquest or dominion like Isley had, but her Awakened personality is definitely quite intelligent. She seems to have regained her memories of her time in the Organization and their methods.
Wonder if she will remain stable this time. I think she regressed last time out of guilt.
__________________
Gangsta Spanksta is offline  
Old 2009-12-02, 02:08   Link #73
Ryus
The One Eyed King
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Lurking Up Ahead
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gangsta Spanksta View Post
Well it supports it but not out right proves it, considering the damage Beth took early on and the possibility Beth Kitty < Bety Awakened.
... OK... lets think about this...

She beheaded awakened Alicia with one push to the head while she was in human form and Alicia was fresh and unharmed. Then regenerates her limbs just as quickly as ever, says some bravado, then Riful senses the end of the fight with Beth.

Also though out this fight Priscilla took damage too but she shrugged it all off, none of it seeming to take it toll on her sheer domination. You'd think she was so sure of her superiority that she just didn't care about how many hits they got in... as long as it wasn't to anything vital. However all of Beth's injuries stayed that way... while she was fully awakened.

If that's not more then 2x's what is? Plus what does your definition of 2x's constitute? Is it a clear victory or sheer domination?

If you believe it's sheer domination I'd say you need to rethink your hypothesis based on the damage Priscilla allowed them to inflict upon her. If she had just won without taking injuries then your point would carry more weight. After all Priscilla is offensive and she rivaling Deneve in her healing abilities and doing more of it then Deneve has ever done in one battle... imagine the power she need to accomplish that being an offensive type.

Priscilla is an evil goddess among insects.

(speaking of which... is it just me or is Priscilla, The Destroyer, and Raki about to become the new Trifecta? but with no staying in the abyss and all maneuvering... The Destroyer just going where ever, Priscilla looking for a scent (until she forgets or changes her mind) and Raki being who the beep knows... and how obedient he'll be)
Ryus is offline  
Old 2009-12-02, 02:15   Link #74
Gangsta Spanksta
Fanfic Writer
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Tejas
Send a message via AIM to Gangsta Spanksta Send a message via Yahoo to Gangsta Spanksta
I'm a very cautious person when it comes to making claims. When I say proves that has a higher standard to it than when I say it something is very likely. My own personal opinion is that Prissy is probably greater than 2 AO, but this chapter did not prove it, sorry.
__________________
Gangsta Spanksta is offline  
Old 2009-12-02, 02:20   Link #75
Ryus
The One Eyed King
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Lurking Up Ahead
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gangsta Spanksta View Post
I'm a very cautious person when it comes to making claims. When I say proves that has a higher standard to it than when I say it something is very likely. My own personal opinion is that Prissy is probably greater than 2 AO, but this chapter did not prove it, sorry.
Then we agree to disagree... I believe the damage she took and her constant healing in this chapter and last proves her power is far greater then simply 2 AO. She is offensive and it has been stated offensive ABs still have problems healing quickly. So I see it as her drawing on the vast and endless well of her true power.
Ryus is offline  
Old 2009-12-02, 02:34   Link #76
Gangsta Spanksta
Fanfic Writer
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Tejas
Send a message via AIM to Gangsta Spanksta Send a message via Yahoo to Gangsta Spanksta
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryus View Post
Then we agree to disagree... I believe the damage she took and her constant healing in this chapter and last proves her power is far greater then simply 2 AO. She is offensive and it has been stated offensive ABs still have problems healing quickly. So I see it as her drawing on the vast and endless well of her true power.
With a scientific background that you have, you should really be more careful with saying something proves something. Proof is fact. I'm only willing to go as far as saying extremely likely given that Alicia and Beth were not at 100%, or at least not Alicia. As for what we disagree, well that would be the standards of proof, but I'm not all that certain that we disagree that Priscilla is *probably* greater than 2AOs. I'm just a lot more cautious than you are with saying something is fact.
__________________
Gangsta Spanksta is offline  
Old 2009-12-02, 02:36   Link #77
Ryus
The One Eyed King
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Lurking Up Ahead
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gangsta Spanksta View Post
With a scientific background that you have, you should really be more careful with saying something proves something. Proof is fact. I'm only willing to go as far as saying extremely likely given that Alicia and Beth were not at 100%, or at least not Alicia. As for what we disagree, well that would be the standards of proof, but I'm not all that certain that we disagree that Priscilla is *probably* greater than 2AOs. I'm just a lot more cautious than you are with saying something is fact.
And gravity is still a theory too... (BUT IT'S FACT!)
Ryus is offline  
Old 2009-12-02, 02:42   Link #78
Tale
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
As for Priscilla...
The cover of this chapter with Priscilla's body says:
Saikyou-Saisei
The revival of Priscilla. (However, for Priscilla, the worlds Saikyou, or the most ferocious, are used.)

Purisira ga sono mokutekini mukatte tsuini ugokihajimeru
Finally, Pricilla began to move toward her goal.

So, Priscilla seems to be regarded as the worst beast...


About the translation of this part...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weils View Post
Japanese to Chinese to English translation:
Yuma: Don't be ridiculous! It's painful for me to watch a comrade die in front of my eyes!
Actually, I think Yuma sounds more hot-blooded. Like:

kenna...huzakenna-yo. Nakama-ga menomae-de sin-de yukuno-ga tsuraino-ha jibundakeda-to omottennnoka-yo...
...pare...Spare your rubbish! How dare you think you should be the only one who feels pain of losing comrades in front of her?

In this way, the line works as a joint which ties the past feeling of Cynthia with the present feeling of Yuma.

BTW, Yuma seems to have been acting as if she were a man in these recent chapters...
IIRC, I think she said something like: "At least, once in a while, let me be cool." with carrying Cynthia in her arms like Rhett Butler in Gone with the wind...
Tale is offline  
Old 2009-12-02, 03:07   Link #79
Negativedark
Proud Yuma Lover.
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Oh dear god no, this is going to really start the damn Teresea vs Priscilla debate up again. Can we at least wait until a few days after the new chapter is out before it takes over the thread. Anyways Revan5, don't act all high and mighty because your just as vunerable to turbolaser fire as anyone else, and suffer from the greatest weakness of your order, the inability to not screw each other over.
__________________
YUMA PUNCH! YUMA BARRIER! YUMA HEALING MAGIC! Yuma has a very diverse moveset.
Negativedark is offline  
Old 2009-12-02, 03:11   Link #80
Bimber
Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Kiev, Ukraine
Age: 39
Priscilla - so... so... powerful. The Thing
Bimber is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:23.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.