AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2009-12-03, 11:06   Link #61
andy
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenryuken View Post
He will cut the Admirals just like he cut Buggy, it didn't hurt Buggy did it?
The Admirals will reform them selves just like Buggy did.
Of course Mihawk can cut elements, wich swordsman can't?
What Oda ment was that Mihawk can cut any element(eventrough he couldn't even scratch Diamond) but in wich way is it relevent to Logia users?
Even a 3 year old kid can cut Light or Sand, that doesn't mean that this kid can hurt Kizaru or Croc.
They will just reform, that's it.
Mihawk can't bypass Logia Intangibility.
Do you have any idea what you are talking about . If mihawk can cut elements its going to be what ray did to kizaru cut him in light form then you see the cut on his face ,only worst if he gets a better hit in .
We seen more than once person hit logia people in this war so far. It won't come as a shock to anyone if mihawk can harm logia users . In fact i expect that much out of him . He is best swordsman in the world , I also expect zoro to be able to hit logia users in the future , since he is first mate.
andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-03, 11:54   Link #62
paradox13
zzz
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Age: 23
Send a message via MSN to paradox13
Quote:
Do you have any idea what you are talking about
I don't think he does.

Quote:
it didn't hurt Buggy did it?
Don't cite Buggy as an example. He was fighting Luffy and didn't expect Buggy to suddenly pop up.

If he was fighting the admirals, he'd have 'haki prepared' attacks. Pretty sure he could hit logia, just like WB, Marco and Jozu.
__________________
Signature stolen by a horde of carnivorous bunnies. It is an unscientifically proven fact that they are attracted to signatures which break the signature rules.
paradox13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-03, 11:57   Link #63
marvelB
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
Agreed. I'm salivating for some panels of other non-Whitebeard centric fights (I guess technically everything is centered on Whitebeard...). Show me what Komir is doing; give me some more Tsuru; I could stand to see what Yamakaji is up to; even Strawberry would be a welcome addition.


Man, I'd love to see Comil in action (I'm kinda hoping he doesn't get taken out quickly like John Giant was, but sadly that will probably be the case since he's a lesser known VA....). Should be fun to see what Yamakaji and Strawberry is capable of, too. Before I had mentioned the possibility of higher-ranked marines being Rokushiki masters, so maybe any of the Buster Call VAs can fit that bill (I'd find it kinda funny if Strawberry is a Rokushiki user since he even resembles Blueno a bit ). Sentoumaru should be thrown into the mix too, though I still think Luffy should be the one to ultimately defeat him (but as I said, I'm starting to think that Garp will be the supernova's final opponent in this arc....). Maybe we'll finally see Vegapunk's bodyguard use that big ol' axe of his.....



As far as Whitebeard's commanders go, I'd love to see some more action from Vista and that guy with the Chain Chomp-like weapon. If any of those NW captains made it over the wall, then of course I still want to see action from Doma and Makugai, as well (and Squado, if he isn't still blubbering over his blunder from a few chapters back). Maybe the NW captains would be good opponents for the Shichibukai......
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-03, 12:02   Link #64
AddiKtioNn-BlaCk
Is Your Daddy & Its True
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: In the Sky with the Birds
Crocodile was awesome in the chapter, his design and personality is just cool. One of my Top 5 favorites. I can't wait till next chapter, I'm itching for spoilers already. I mean we are finally going to the Legends in action. But it already makes me wonder about their strength, they are undoubtedly strong, but this will the second time we seen them tag-team a powerful enemy (the first being Golden Leo Shiki in Chapter 0). But on the other hand we do know that Garp fought Roger numerous times, so yeah.

About Mihawk, Mihawk not being able to face against a Logia is foolish talk. The man is the Most powerful swordsman in the World, fought countless times against Shanks, who a Yonkou. A fight that was said to shake the whole Grand Line (or something along those lines). Not only that, he was also mentioned by Whitebeard during his talk with Shanks, and we know any pirate worthy enough to be acknowledged by Whitebeard is strong. Also a lot of the Shichibukai can face off against Admirals and physically harm them, but even being able to hit a Logia doesn't mean you'll win.

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
Agreed. I'm salivating for some panels of other non-Whitebeard centric fights (I guess technically everything is centered on Whitebeard...). Show me what Komir is doing; give me some more Tsuru; I could stand to see what Yamakaji is up to; even Strawberry would be a welcome addition.
Me too, I'm not really interested in the New World Captains that much really. Other than Whitebeard, Jozu, Ace and Marco I'm not really too hyped about anybody in his crew. I'm more interested in seeing more people battle in the marines and Shichibukai. Like in the marines, I want to see Tsuru fight, just to see what she's capable of since she's one of the few marines that's still around from that Era that made a name for herself somewhat. I also want to see Hina and Full-Body battle too. I'm disappointed in Coby and Helmeppo, I was hoping that they would be fighting hard in this war since they have high ambitions but instead they're just running around. I want to see the Vice-Admirals in action, as well as Bogart. I'm disappointed that all the Captain's in the Marines seem to be rather weak, aside from Smoker.


Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
I'm starting to think that Garp will be the supernova's final opponent in this arc....). Maybe we'll finally see Vegapunk's bodyguard use that big ol' axe of his.....
I'm hoping that Garp and Luffy don't fight. I don't see it happening, how is Garp going to fight Luffy when they have the Whitebeard pirates to take care of. The only way I can see Garp fighting Luffy is to make sure nobody else fight's Luffy (to protect him from being killed).

I'm curious to know what Blackbeard's up to.
__________________



'̿ ̿ ̿'̿'\̵͇̿̿\з=(•̪●)=ε/̵͇̿̿/'̿'̿ ̿ '̿
Weed, there is nothing wrong with it.. Seriously what's so bad about it? Smoking weed and eating out your fridge and laughing at the simple things? Or getting in fights and causing injury and accidents. Beer is the destruction of this nation, Herb is the healer! Don't listen, make your own choices!

Last edited by AddiKtioNn-BlaCk; 2009-12-03 at 12:16.
AddiKtioNn-BlaCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-03, 12:23   Link #65
Nosauz
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Age: 25
All I really want at this point is more Luffy. And maybe some magic warp to have zoro fall from the sky and duke it out with mihawk.
Nosauz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-03, 13:43   Link #66
Noe
HARDCORE Fate addict™
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Fate's futon ofc
Age: 22
Send a message via AIM to Noe Send a message via MSN to Noe
Nice save by Crocodile there for Ace. Now Whitebeard's entire platoon is within the breach.
__________________



ALL HAIL FATE T. HARLAOWN!
#Feitoism @ irc.rizon.net to revere, share, and cherish Fate Testarossa Harlaown.
My blog
Noe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-03, 13:48   Link #67
ChaosPaladin
Bringer of Order & Chaos
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
by using the black moby dick, i think WB has killed off his escape plan. unless he got another moby dick submerged, i am not sure how he is going to escape with all his crews. this mean tt the only thing WB can do is to literally destroy marineford and all the marines there. go meet up with the NW captains and escape using their ships. provided their ships still haven't been sunk by the PXs or the other battleships
ChaosPaladin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-03, 13:50   Link #68
Poetic Justice
100Shots100Hits LuluLaLu
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Inside your heart...
Age: 25
Send a message via Skype™ to Poetic Justice
Yes pwngoat is about to make his move next chapter, Also one of the vice admiral's was shaking at wb's presence, So awesome.

Luffy is constantly getting beat down by these high level opponents throughout these fights. By the end of the fight he'll probably be asleep for a week or even longer. His injuries and fatigue look like they're almost at their limit now.
Poetic Justice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-03, 14:22   Link #69
marvelB
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by AddiKtioNn-BlaCk View Post
I'm hoping that Garp and Luffy don't fight. I don't see it happening, how is Garp going to fight Luffy when they have the Whitebeard pirates to take care of. The only way I can see Garp fighting Luffy is to make sure nobody else fight's Luffy (to protect him from being killed).


I forget who it was, but someone had pointed out in a past thread that Garp would fight Luffy because, as a marine veteran, he has a responsibility to uphold justice even in the most extreme of situations (much like the current one). So even though it would ultimately hurt Garp in the end, he'd have no choice but to go all-out against his own pirate grandson for the sake of the greater good......



...But again, I don't exactly want to see that matchup happen, either. But considering the situation at hand, the scenario I described above is definitely a possibility.....




Quote:
I'm curious to know what Blackbeard's up to.



Oh, don't worry. I'm sure that Teach and his new homies from Impel Down will arrive at Marineford just in time to see Whitebeard croak.
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-03, 14:41   Link #70
Kid Ying
Pon pon pon
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Rio
Here comes Sengoku! Finally.. I was waiting for it ever since he was introduced.
Kid Ying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-03, 14:48   Link #71
Slayerx
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosPaladin View Post
by using the black moby dick, i think WB has killed off his escape plan. unless he got another moby dick submerged, i am not sure how he is going to escape with all his crews. this mean tt the only thing WB can do is to literally destroy marineford and all the marines there. go meet up with the NW captains and escape using their ships. provided their ships still haven't been sunk by the PXs or the other battleships
The "ewscape plan" is to wipe out the marines so badly and so completely that they don't need to escape

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Oh, don't worry. I'm sure that Teach and his new homies from Impel Down will arrive at Marineford just in time to see Whitebeard croak.
So i'm guessing, Garp Sengoku will even things out a bit; the PX's will then catch up and turn the tide back into the marines favor... and then the supernovas will show up and bring the balance back towards the pirates... and then blackbeard shows up, seemingly evening things out to it's conclusion

but i doubt this will happen as 99% of all predictions made about one piece are proven wrong =p
Slayerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-03, 15:10   Link #72
Tenryuken
Pirate God
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: In My Own World.
Age: 28
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by trafalgarcito View Post
so, does this mean that mihawk doesnt have haki because he could not bypass buggys DF????
Yes, unless Oda told you that Haki can bypass any DF except Buggy's.

Quote:
because i think buggys df is the NATURAL opposite of everyting blade-based
That's funny cuz Zoro cut Enel but Enel didn't die and reformed.
How does your Logic works since Enel isn't "the NATURAL opposite of everyting blade-based attacks"?
Logias let ANY physical attack through.

Quote:
.....it would require a really huge ambition to force buggy not to be a chop chop man if a blade in involved
But for the Admirals you just need little Haki, amirite?

Quote:
..........maybe thats paramecia's biggest strenght compared to logia, minimum haki solidifies any logia, but if you want to hit luffy with a blunt attack, even the biggest haki would have trouble because that inmunity is gomu gomus very essecence...
That's just an assumption, how did it even get in your head that Logias need Less Haki than Paramecias?

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy View Post
Do you have any idea what you are talking about. If mihawk can cut elements
Who assimilated this with Haki?
Do you even know what an element is?
Wood is an element and it is complete non-sense to think that anyone who can cut wood, can hit a Logia.
Zoro is a good exemple.

Quote:
its going to be what ray did to kizaru cut him in light form then you see the cut on his face ,only worst if he gets a better hit in.
I didn't thought that my English was so bad so I'll give you an exemple:
Doflamingo cut Croc's head, rite?
But Croc didn't die, does that mean that Doflamingo can't cut Sand?

Quote:
We seen more than once person hit logia people in this war so far.
And that means that anyone can hit Logias, thanks for the info.

Quote:
It won't come as a shock to anyone if mihawk can harm logia users.
Too me it will but It won't come as a shock to anyone if Nojiko can harm logia users.

Quote:
In fact i expect that much out of him.
It's not because it's your expectations that it will happen.

Quote:
He is best swordsman in the world
1° That's just a tittle, he's as much the WSS as WB is the WSM.
2° WTF are non-swordsman supposed to care about it?

Sanji becoming the World's Best Cook isn't going to make any Admiral shit his pants.

Quote:
I also expect zoro to be able to hit logia users in the future , since he is first mate.
Why wouldn't he be able to hit Logias in the future if he was the 3rd or 4th member?

Quote:
Originally Posted by paradox13 View Post
Don't cite Buggy as an example. He was fighting Luffy and didn't expect Buggy to suddenly pop up.
That's retarded, Haki was introduced in the series as a way to bypass DFs not ONLY Logia DFs.
If he can't bypass Buggy's, he can't bypass the others.

Quote:
If he was fighting the admirals, he'd have 'haki prepared' attacks.
Just like when he was prepared to attack the World Strongest Man but still couldn't even scratch Joz.
LOL, your fantasy Haki that Mihawk has seems to disapear any time someone pops up.

Quote:
Pretty sure he could hit logia, just like WB, Marco and Jozu.
Yeah rite, Don krieg also can hit Logias.
__________________
Tenryuken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-03, 15:25   Link #73
james0246
Senior Member
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: East Cupcake
^I realize that you do not like Mihawk, and you undoubtedly like Buggy (who doesn't ), but come on this conversation is a little silly. Why would Mihawk have to use Haki at all to defeat Buggy? Looking at this objectively, do you really think that Mihawk couldn't defeat Buggy, and with relative ease, without resorting to using some sort of outward Haki ability? Bear in mind, Mihawk did just defeat Buggy with relative ease just a few chapters back...
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-03, 15:47   Link #74
Tenryuken
Pirate God
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: In My Own World.
Age: 28
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
^I realize that you do not like Mihawk, and you undoubtedly like Buggy (who doesn't ), but come on this conversation is a little silly. Why would Mihawk have to use Haki at all to defeat Buggy? Looking at this objectively, do you really think that Mihawk couldn't defeat Buggy, and with relative ease, without resorting to using some sort of outward Haki ability? Bear in mind, Mihawk did just defeat Buggy with relative ease just a few chapters back...
Buggy is a comic relief char, if he used his DF at his maximal potential and fought smartly, he'd prolly be SN level or above without any doubt.
Since day one people are giving excuses to Mihawk due to their own fantasies.
I agree that Mihawk din't need Haki to defeat Buggy(who didn't even realise what happened until he was cut) but do you think that if Buggy was pissed like hell and bloodlusted he wouldn't stomp Mihawk's arse?

It's a war, he better fight will all he has.
If he has Haki, why didn't he even use it when he attacked WB?
Is WB a canon fodder in the eyes of the Great and Almighty Mihawk?
__________________
Tenryuken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-03, 15:54   Link #75
james0246
Senior Member
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: East Cupcake
^Why would Mihawk need any extra Haki to cut flesh (which is what he was aiming for)?

That being said, you seem to misunderstand Haki. Everyone in the series has Haki, and everyone uses it all the time. The difference is some have trained themselves to actively use their Haki as a weapon of sort, forcing their will onto another. Mihawk's sword slashes, so far, have been simple sword slashes. But, then again, he hasn't actually encountered anyone that requires him to actively use his Haki as a weapon in order to cut them (despite Jozu intercepting a sword blast meant for the flesh and blood Whitebeard, Mihawk hasn't encountered any other characters that are anything but the flesh and blood that they appear to be).

In other words, you are trying to claim that Mihawk either does not possess, or cannot use, his Haki (the rarefied form, not the standard for that all posses), when, in reality, there has been no reason, yet, for him to use such force.

Buggy is nto an indicator of anything, he is simply a comic relief character. Whether he could have been more awe-inspiring or not is entirely besides the point.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-03, 16:50   Link #76
Tenryuken
Pirate God
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: In My Own World.
Age: 28
Yeah but aiming for the World's Strongest Man, don't you think that he should've used Haki since it can amplify his attack?
__________________
Tenryuken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-03, 17:30   Link #77
paradox13
zzz
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Age: 23
Send a message via MSN to paradox13
Quote:
LOL, your fantasy Haki that Mihawk has seems to disapear any time someone pops up.
You're retarded.

Why would i have fantasies regarding Mihawk or any other character? I don't care much for him; I can look at the situation objectively unlike some around here.

There is a reason why Mihawk is currently the world's strongest swordsman. We have seen that Rayleighs a swordsman and that he could cut logia. I don't see any reason to doubt Mihawk's ability to cut logia as he is supposed to be stronger then Rayleigh and in his prime.

The point here is that Mihawk doesn't need to and wasn't using haki against Luffy. He is able to cut rubber fine without haki. Maybe he needs haki to cut buggy, I don't know, but his attack against Buggy was obviously non haki since it didn't 1 hit him.

Quote:
1° That's just a tittle, he's as much the WSS as WB is the WSM.
2° WTF are non-swordsman supposed to care about it?

Sanji becoming the World's Best Cook isn't going to make any Admiral shit his pants.
You really can't see the difference between a title like Best Swordsman and Best cook? Or are you just trolling?

Hint: cooking doesn't have anything to do with fighting, whilst swordsmanship...well does.

Quote:
Why wouldn't he be able to hit Logias in the future if he was the 3rd or 4th member?
WTF is your point?

Don't type random sentences which are pointless and don't contribute to your argument at all please.

Quote:
Yeah but aiming for the World's Strongest Man, don't you think that he should've used Haki since it can amplify his attack?
I thought we were talking about Buggy?

When did Buggy become the World's Strongest Man?

Haki enables you to TOUCH logia and nullify DF defences. It doesn't mean your attack is unstoppable, as proven by Jozu's block against Mihawk.
__________________
Signature stolen by a horde of carnivorous bunnies. It is an unscientifically proven fact that they are attracted to signatures which break the signature rules.
paradox13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-03, 18:31   Link #78
Freya
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Southern California.
Age: 23
Send a message via AIM to Freya
Yeah...you're obviously a big Buggy fanatic. Not even James or marvel would agree with you that Buggy would kick Mihawk's ass. That's the most retarded comment I've read. Stop being a Mihawk hater.
__________________
Freya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-03, 18:55   Link #79
Terrestrial Dream
勇者
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Tesla Leicht Institute
Age: 24
...Tenryuken, I am sorry but things that you wrote have no evidence to back it up, all speculation. Anyway it is nice to fantasies that Buggy might be strong in the future or in the present, but being weak is one of the things that makes Buggy Buggy. It is like Ussop being brave or strong, if that happens he would lose one of his charm, same with Buggy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MihawkXGP View Post
Nothing is known of the former 2nd Div Commander. It is possible Crocodile coulda been...but imo it doesn't seem likely.
Would be interesting though. Still it is weird that nothing was said about him/her, I am sure a author through as Oda has a reason why he didn't mention it yet.
__________________
Terrestrial Dream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-03, 19:14   Link #80
marvelB
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Yes, I've said from the start that I'm well aware Buggy is no powerhouse, and I highly doubt that he'll magically power up to a Yonkou-level opponent by the end of the series. However, I do believe his DF power has the potential to be used in a highly creative fashion, and I said in the past that I suspected that he's able to manipulate Haki to some degree (his bombs). But otherwise, I wouldn't expect to see him beat guys like Mihawk in a straight-up fight.




....However, regardless of his strength (or lack thereof), I still expect to see him rise to the top of the pirate world! Maybe Ace can become his toady once Whitebeard bites the big one.
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:09.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.