AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2009-12-09, 03:57   Link #381
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: The middle of the Middle of Nowhere
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Same_Shark View Post
Okay, I'm not a big visitor around this section, but I did watch the anime so this is big news for me. My only problem with the new manga is that the main character, Renya is NOT a boy. Not sure if it's been brought up yet, but HE has boobs.
So did Tieria Erde.

Oh snap.
__________________
Rising Dragon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-09, 04:05   Link #382
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Reminds me of Colonel Gathers in Venture Bros. "And I wanted to be born with big, beautiful tits!"
__________________
morbosfist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-09, 04:26   Link #383
konart
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Moscow, RU
Age: 26
Send a message via Skype™ to konart
Quote:
Originally Posted by Same_Shark View Post
Okay, I'm not a big visitor around this section, but I did watch the anime so this is big news for me. My only problem with the new manga is that the main character, Renya is NOT a boy. Not sure if it's been brought up yet, but HE has boobs.
lol, where?)
__________________
Signature removed. Please check the forum signature rules before trying to upload another one. If you have questions, feel free to contact a mod through PM.
konart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-09, 04:32   Link #384
TrueElements
egotistical enigma
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Montgomery,AL Reborn
Age: 24
Send a message via MSN to TrueElements Send a message via Yahoo to TrueElements
Quote:
Originally Posted by Same_Shark View Post
Okay, I'm not a big visitor around this section, but I did watch the anime so this is big news for me. My only problem with the new manga is that the main character, Renya is NOT a boy. Not sure if it's been brought up yet, but HE has boobs.
read closer

Quote:
Renya, is a 17-year-old boy with a mechanical left arm and shuriken throwing stars as his weapons of choice.
__________________
<a rel=nofollow href=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/27/requestzu.png/ target=_blank><img src=http://img27.imageshack.us/img27/6302/requestzu.png border=0 alt= /></a>
TrueElements is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-09, 05:55   Link #385
Narona
Emotionless White Face
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Used Can View Post
I wonder if they'll pull some sort of Geass-based Alter with that mechanic arm.


I think the enemy will be the Lelouch lookalike. My guess is he'll be a Britannian prince who'll try to take over Japan.

Anyway, for a better pic:

Spoiler:
Thanks for the pic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroshinobu View Post
How come there are a lot of people who think there's time travel involved?
Because some people reading skills fail?
Narona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-09, 09:01   Link #386
Paladinoras
Pancakes
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: In Your House. No, really, look properly.
Whatever this thing is...

Can't wait for it. XD
__________________


Credit to Godlike1889 for the sig!
Paladinoras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-09, 10:40   Link #387
patnam
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Well, we shall see how the new manga goes...
patnam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-09, 10:51   Link #388
Commander 598
Zeonic
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Age: 26
Send a message via AIM to Commander 598
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revolutionist View Post
I like the idea of a prequel to CG, it's the perfect excuse to show how Britannia came to be and explore the CG universe. Besides, I'm a huge fan of Napoleonic warfare and that's exactly how Britannia would fight during this time, which is awesome.
Well, that's what you'd think, but then R2 basically abandoned all attempts to follow the vaguely realistic modern warfare battle style that was present in the first season in an instant by pretending anti-aircraft weapons and the big fat F22esque stealth fighters that we saw were never invented so they could have aerial robo duels with DBZ mechanics and Final Fantasy swords amongst fleets of mysteriously acquired airships that seem to possess no defenses or apparent armaments.

Going by this you would probably be more likely to see Sengoku Basara with completely useless for the period medieval armor and Napoleonic style on everybody's clothing than actual Napoleonic Warfare.



Quote:
Perhaps the technology of the Code Geass world is higher than our world is.
After all, isn't Sakuradite supposed to be some kind of "magic" element akin to the fabled "philosopher's stone?"
Maybe that element allows for the creation of higher technological items?
No, Sakuradite was just a room temperature super conductor. Historically a lot of things were termed "philosophers stone", like IIRC common magnets, so that doesn't actually mean anything especially given that we don't know anything about it's properties other than it's superconductive, very energy dense (Good for making batteries/energy fillers), and explosive when exposed to sufficient heat. Ultimately, you have to actually invent electricity before it becomes anything other than a fancy rock.
Commander 598 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-09, 11:23   Link #389
Used Can
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Am I the only one who keeps losing interest the more I read about this? To begin with, this a prequel - okay, a bit disappointing, but I can live with that. However, why in Japan? Sure, this is written by Japanese people, but if they were going for a prequel, they could have chosen a location in which they could have expanded on relevant information about the CG world. I think it would have been much better if this would have taken place in Britannia.

Also, I love C.C. as much as the next person, or probably maybe even more, but why her again? Why couldn't we have a different Code Bearer?

There's also the fact this is a manga. And while I usually prefer manga over anime, I wouldn't know, but for CG, it simply doesn't call my attention. Not to mention I never liked the art in NoN. And, to boot, this will be a monthly manga.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Same_Shark View Post
Not sure if it's been brought up yet, but HE has boobs.
You call those moobs.
__________________
"The name is Tin; Used is just an alias. I'm everything Shoe Box would like to be." - Used Can of the Aluminium Kingdom
Used Can is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-09, 11:53   Link #390
Xander
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Age: 32
Taking a look at Britannia's history would have probably been more interesting, I agree with you there, but it's still not impossible for relevant information to come out. About what? Well...Geass or, for that matter, C.C. herself.

Not to mention whoever that suspiciously Lelouch-like individual is supposed to be, he's bound to have connections.

The fact that this is going to be a manga is actually good, from my personal point of view, because that's usually a better format for trying out weird concepts than a weekly TV series. And if things don't work out, they can also be ignored more easily.

Besides, I'm taking into account that this is something of a side project and certainly not everything we will see.
Xander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-09, 13:19   Link #391
Kuroshinobu
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Vancouver BC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xander View Post
Taking a look at Britannia's history would have probably been more interesting, I agree with you there, but it's still not impossible for relevant information to come out. About what? Well...Geass or, for that matter, C.C. herself.

Not to mention whoever that suspiciously Lelouch-like individual is supposed to be, he's bound to have connections.

The fact that this is going to be a manga is actually good, from my personal point of view, because that's usually a better format for trying out weird concepts than a weekly TV series. And if things don't work out, they can also be ignored more easily.

Besides, I'm taking into account that this is something of a side project and certainly not everything we will see.
If this is indeed a side project, I pray for an actually Lelouch of the Rebellion sequel.
However; right now all we have is Renya of the Blackness.
__________________
Kuroshinobu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-09, 14:12   Link #392
Vicious108
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
So is Reifu C.C.'s real name?
Vicious108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-09, 14:47   Link #393
lightbringer
M9000
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: SBC Gurokken
Quote:
Originally Posted by Used Can View Post
Am I the only one who keeps losing interest the more I read about this?
Yes. The problem seems to be that you are disappointed that it's not meeting your expectations in terms of setting/characters/medium, so you are judging it even before we actually know much (or even anything, really) about it. You don't have to be hyped about it, but how about waiting for it to come out first? There will be plenty of time to bash it later

Quote:
Originally Posted by Used Can View Post
To begin with, this a prequel - okay, a bit disappointing, but I can live with that. However, why in Japan? Sure, this is written by Japanese people, but if they were going for a prequel, they could have chosen a location in which they could have expanded on relevant information about the CG world. I think it would have been much better if this would have taken place in Britannia.
Written by Japanese for Japanese in Japanese, is it really that strange that it's set in Japan? Anyway C.C. did not spend all or even most of her life in Britannia, and the Edo period is one of the more interesting parts of Japanese history.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Used Can View Post
Also, I love C.C. as much as the next person, or probably maybe even more, but why her again? Why couldn't we have a different Code Bearer?
If I remember correctly, C.C. was pretty popular with the Japanese audience. Then there's the fact that we immediately recognize her so she can serve as a link between the two stories.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Used Can View Post
There's also the fact this is a manga. And while I usually prefer manga over anime, I wouldn't know, but for CG, it simply doesn't call my attention. Not to mention I never liked the art in NoN. And, to boot, this will be a monthly manga.
It's a multimedia project. Chances are an anime will follow. Let's wait for them to announce it. Monthly manga - wouldn't that mean it would be more mature? Most monthly manga I know of are great. And what does NoN have to do with this - is it gonna be the same mangaka?
lightbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-09, 14:54   Link #394
Meatrose
Antihero
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Area 11
Age: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by lightbringer View Post
And what does NoN have to do with this - is it gonna be the same mangaka?
CG:RotD is illustrated by Takuma Tomomasa.
__________________
Meatrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-09, 14:56   Link #395
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
Age: 30
the problem is that C.C serves as a very poor character to drive any given story beyond serving as a geass dispenser
she's simply too passive and indifferent to be a focus character
which means that unless she is paired with another "lelouch-like" character, the story wont go anywhere

and given that she says that she's never met anyone like lelouch before....
__________________
bladeofdarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-09, 15:12   Link #396
Bailaora
Very Black Knight
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Moscow, Russia
Age: 26
Send a message via ICQ to Bailaora
Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness View Post
the problem is that C.C serves as a very poor character to drive any given story beyond serving as a geass dispenser
she's simply too passive and indifferent to be a focus character
which means that unless she is paired with another "lelouch-like" character, the story wont go anywhere

and given that she says that she's never met anyone like lelouch before....
C.C. certainly isn't the "main character" type. But I don't think that it has to be lelouch-like character to make this story interesting.
For example, I'm dying to learn more about that year between R1 and R2 that C.C. spent together with Kallen.
And I think that this story would still be awesome if C.C.'s accomplice was Suzaku, not Lelouch. A little less awesome than it was with Lelouch, but still awesome enough.
But the most important point is that CG's major characters Pizza Hut and Cheese-kun are absent. That is truly depressing.
Bailaora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-09, 15:15   Link #397
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: The middle of the Middle of Nowhere
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Twilight View Post
So is Reifu C.C.'s real name?
Doubtful, since that name sounds way too Japanese for a woman who was born in Europe.
__________________
Rising Dragon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-09, 15:23   Link #398
Used Can
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xander View Post
Taking a look at Britannia's history would have probably been more interesting, I agree with you there, but it's still not impossible for relevant information to come out. About what? Well...Geass or, for that matter, C.C. herself.
Maybe, but it seems this story will have its main focus in yet another rebellion. So, I'm not really expecting big focus on C.C. and/or Geass.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xander View Post
Not to mention whoever that suspiciously Lelouch-like individual is supposed to be, he's bound to have connections.
Maybe, maybe not. Personally, I think he's just a Lelouch expy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightbringer View Post
Yes. The problem seems to be that you are disappointed that it's not meeting your expectations in terms of setting/characters/medium, so you are judging it even before we actually know much (or even anything, really) about it. You don't have to be hyped about it, but how about waiting for it to come out first? There will be plenty of time to bash it later
It's not as if I'm saying it'll be bad, but yes, most of what I've kept on hearing has betrayed my expectations. Naturally, I'll wait for the thing to come out. But still, I cannot change the fact I'm disappointed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightbringer View Post
Written by Japanese for Japanese in Japanese, is it really that strange that it's set in Japan? Anyway C.C. did not spend all or even most of her life in Britannia, and the Edo period is one of the more interesting parts of Japanese history.
I know it's for the Japanese, my point is that nothing that happened in Japan should have influenced the big picture as we know it, in my opinion. Well, there's Kaminejima, so we may get something about it, and for all I know, it may be big. But, all the same, I think they could have chosen a better location in which they could have expanded more on the overall story.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightbringer View Post
If I remember correctly, C.C. was pretty popular with the Japanese audience. Then there's the fact that we immediately recognize her so she can serve as a link between the two stories.
Sure, I guess that works. But, all the same, I'd have preferred a new character.
Anyway, more C.C. for me. I guess can enjoy that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightbringer View Post
It's a multimedia project. Chances are an anime will follow. Let's wait for them to announce it. Monthly manga - wouldn't that mean it would be more mature?
I'm not really expecting an anime, to be honest, but who knows?
Anyway, no, monthly manga doesn't mean a more mature plot. Monthly manga simply means monthly releases, that's it.
__________________
"The name is Tin; Used is just an alias. I'm everything Shoe Box would like to be." - Used Can of the Aluminium Kingdom
Used Can is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-09, 15:24   Link #399
lightbringer
M9000
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: SBC Gurokken
Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness View Post
and given that she says that she's never met anyone like lelouch before....
It wouldn't be the first retcon in the history of anime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Used Can View Post
Anyway, no, monthly manga doesn't mean a more mature plot. Monthly manga simply means monthly releases, that's it.
What I mean is, monthly manga-zines tend to be aimed at an older audience.
lightbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-09, 15:30   Link #400
Used Can
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by lightbringer View Post
What I mean is, monthly manga-zines tend to be aimed at an older audience.
Not really. Anyway, this will be serialised in Shōnen Ace. So, that alone already tells you of the demographic. Well, there are Shōnen manga like Hokuto no Ken and Bastard! which can be quite mature in terms of what they show, and SA does have Deadman Wonderland and Mirai Nikki, but taking into account CG is also (and mostly, I'd dare to say) aimed at a female fanbase, I wouldn't expect anything like that. But, all the same, I guess I'll wait and see what we get, before I keep judging this.
__________________
"The name is Tin; Used is just an alias. I'm everything Shoe Box would like to be." - Used Can of the Aluminium Kingdom
Used Can is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 23:19.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.