AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2009-12-09, 23:50   Link #421
KrimzonStriker
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Worriors1 View Post
I only read part of NoN, which makes me wonder where you see this at-- but I bet not!Lelouch will cause all sorts of problems for Renya and Reifu C.C. . If he does have a similar role, he'll probably be tightly knitted to Reifu. (Is it okay to call her that, do you think? Or should we still stick to C.C.?)

Whatever it is, I hope he's not a fodder villain like Charles was. (In my opinion...)



If it ends tragically, all the more power to Taniguchi- I, for once, am looking forward to a totally terrible ending for the characters. Not out of spite, but it adds to the drama.
I'm also wondering if it's a given that Reifu will end up again on the road?

If they do decide to do it again, then I'm guessing that Renya's personality different enough from Lelouch's that, when she meets Lelouch, can say there's a difference.
Two points on this, finish the manga, but focus primarily on Rolo's character in NoN. I don't know about the Lelouch look-alike persay or what kind of person he is, but if I compare it in terms of specific looks, then Rolo carried the same symbol as this guys on his cape as Cardinal of Eden Vital and they both wore a fancy royal Britannian get-up, so I guess its mainly the attire. Two, the sadistic smile, Rolo vi Britannia always came across as far more brutal then Lelouch was and seemed to relish causing harm or pain to those he hated. Most of the time when Lelouch did smile like that I always felt it was rather forced, like he was looking at the irony of it all and smiling out of disgust rather then pleasure. That's just my take on it anyway.

All in all, if this is a prequel then I don't see how this can end in a happy way because we all know the problems presented here did not exactly change, I'll be curious to see how it all plays out though.

I meant to say that I don't think they will rehash this line, since I don't think it will end well enough for her to feel a need to extol those types of feelings, more then likely I think this whole episode will likely reinforce her former sentiments before Lelouch alleviates them. We'll see anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSelfDestruct View Post
Wait, so that Suzaku look-alike is Renya, a new protagnoist... and the Lelouch look-alike isn't Lelouch... and this manga is canon and set in the same world as Lelouch of the Rebellion?

Well, I just went from slightly disappointed to beyond thrilled.

So, since Renya looks like Suzaku and Renya and CC meet, who wants to bet that Renya is Suzaku's ancestor and we'll finally get an explanation as to why CC flipped out in Episode 22 of the first season of Lelouch of the Rebellion and was all "I just need to know one thing, are you-" to Suzaku.

I always assumed they were going to make Suzaku have some supernatural connection to CC, but maybe she just realized he is of the same bloodline as Renya and that is very important.

Didn't they say that Renya of the Dark is going to tell two stories set in two different eras? We only know one of them is going to be in the Edo era. Maybe the other will be set after Lelouch of the Rebellion, and CC has to do something involving Suzaku because of whatever happened with Renya. Just speculation, although I'm not really thrilled about that idea. I kinda want Renya of the Dark to have as little connection with the characters and eventual plot of Lelouch of the Rebellion as possible. I'd be happy just getting some answers about what CC was going on about with Suzaku. It's always bugged me.

Oh, I'm so excited now.
I was discussing this with a friend before and he pointed out this same possibility, and I think this could be an excellent way to answer this long unknown matter concerning Suzaku and his supernatural connection to Geass and indirectly to C.C... might even go so far as to explain how he bends the laws of reality as Spinzaku All kidding aside, if there is a connection between Renya and Suzaku then this could provide a huge backdrop for the entire series and now I'm looking forward to the potential of this manga even more and what effect it will have in fleshing out the Code Geass Universe.
__________________
"That is why we must embrace carnage. In order to not waste the blood that has already been shed, we have no choice but to shed even more."- Lelouch Vi Britannia
http://img371.imageshack.us/img371/7050/zeroty5copieie4.jpg

Last edited by KrimzonStriker; 2009-12-10 at 00:54.
KrimzonStriker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-10, 00:10   Link #422
ncrushx
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Is anybody getting trouble with remembering "Renya?"

I keep mistaking it as Ryena, which is a girl's name.
ncrushx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-10, 12:26   Link #423
MainCharacter
All Evils of the World
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncrushx View Post
Is anybody getting trouble with remembering "Renya?"

I keep mistaking it as Ryena, which is a girl's name.
Not really, no.

Also, I realized that I think I read part of the translation wrong. What I originally thought was him saying Renya of the Dark took place in two different eras, I now think is him just saying Renya of the Dark takes place in a different era than Lelouch of the Rebellion again. I'm glad, and hope I am right this time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
Honestly this all seems to fit into place WAY too well for me. Maybe this is wishfull thinking on my part, but some kind of cycle of rebirth sounds like what they're hinting at. Seems like a forshadowing to me.

With the turn 22 thing with Suzaku, and the fact that Renya and the Lelouch look alike look so much like the real Suzaku and Lelouch. Not to mention the thing with Shirley saying she'll be reborn. And there's the picture of Lelouch that says Revival Re:advent on it.

IT ALL ADDS UP!!!......or maybe I need to stop thinking crazy thoughts right before bed. Either way we at least have an interesting set of circumstances. It could just as easily be explained in a different way, but it still makes me think.
It's possible. Although honestly, I'd rather that not be the case.

I think the fact that Renya and ??? look like Suzaku and Lelouch can be coughed up to the fact that it might sell better to some people if it looks like Lelouch of the Rebellion, or they just can't come up with a good new design for main characters without CLAMP helping them. But, I think it is more like a "oh look, it's like Lelouch and Suzaku are back together, just... they aren't" selling point. Although I think it will come to have meaning in the story. Maybe not reincarnation, but at least that they are related. That way it could be explained.

I think the whole Revival Re:advent thing on the announcement was more talking about the series, not the characters or plot.

Not to mention that if people were reborn after they died, then it would have caused some serious problems if Charles' plan actually worked in Lelouch of the Rebellion. I just don't really think they are going to take things that way with Code Geass. At least, I hope they don't. Really, as much as I love Lelouch to death, I want to move on. Code Geass has the potential to thrive as a franchise, but only if they let go of Lelouch as a selling point. The only thing I want to see of him is possibly some mentions of him if a new story takes place after Lelouch of the Rebellion.

Although I'd probably accept anything at this point as long as it doesn't suck, so they could probably pull off the reincarnation plotline and I guess I would be fine with it.
MainCharacter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-10, 12:37   Link #424
darthfury78
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
It was mentioned that Code Geass: Renya of the Dark will be limited to the Manga. Here is a link that I found about it:

http://community.livejournal.com/cod...s/1514785.html
darthfury78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-10, 12:38   Link #425
Pink-chan
世界の明日のために
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
The January issue of Kadokawa Shoten's Newtype magazine is announcing on Thursday that Tomomasa Takuma (Code Geass: Nightmare of Nunnally, Kurogane Communication) is drawing a manga that is tentatively titled Code Geass: Shikkoku no Renya (Code Geass: Jet-Black Renya or Code Geass: Renya of the Blackness) next year. Goro Taniguchi, the director and story co-creator of the original Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion television anime series, created the new manga's story concepts and is scripting the story. This is the first manga that Taniguchi is directly scripting himself.

The story takes place in the same official Code Geass history as the anime, but in a different era. The title character, Renya, is a 17-year-old boy with a mechanical left arm and shuriken throwing stars as his weapons of choice. The story begins when Renya encounters a mysterious, perpetually young witch named "Reifū C.C." C.C. has appeared in Japan's historical Edo era to seek a new partner for a covenant. Meanwhile, a mysterious man, with a striking resemblance to the character Lelouch of the original anime, also appears with unknown intentions.

The new manga is part of next year's new Code Geass project launch. Code Geass producer Yoshitaka Kawaguchi revealed on the franchise's website that the new project will feature the simultaneous releases of serialized comics, music, new products under development, and visual works.
Wow! I'm going to like this. I''m getting all excited with the prequel. Let's see how is Suzaku and Lelouch's related to C.C. so many hundred years back. Is reincarnation involved?

I hope the prequel will answer many of our questions in mind especially relating to Suzaku which is not explained.
__________________

Avatar by Sonae. Signature by Airi. Thank you.
Pink-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-10, 12:48   Link #426
konart
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Moscow, RU
Age: 25
Send a message via Skype™ to konart
Quote:
Originally Posted by darthfury78 View Post
It was mentioned that Code Geass: Renya of the Dark will be limited to the Manga. Here is a link that I found about it:

http://community.livejournal.com/cod...s/1514785.html
It was mentioned over 9000 times already, link included
__________________
Signature removed. Please check the forum signature rules before trying to upload another one. If you have questions, feel free to contact a mod through PM.
konart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-10, 13:14   Link #427
darthfury78
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by konart View Post
It was mentioned over 9000 times already, link included
True. Besides, continuing the story as a manga is cost effective than producing an anime, if done correctly.

I only with that the anime staff would remake Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion as a CLAMP inspired manga.
darthfury78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-10, 14:20   Link #428
Kuroshinobu
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Vancouver BC
As the article has said before, there will be other things coming out in 2010 besides Renya of the Blackness. Whether if this includes a new anime is not known yet.
__________________
Kuroshinobu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-11, 03:49   Link #429
darthfury78
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroshinobu View Post
As the article has said before, there will be other things coming out in 2010 besides Renya of the Blackness. Whether if this includes a new anime is not known yet.
I certainly hope that the new anime is Code Geass S2, which continues where Stage 25 of Code Geass S1 left off.

Also, has anyone read Code Geass: Knight of the Rounds manga? Is the series as good as the Nightmare of Nunnally? I haven't heard much about that manga.
darthfury78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-11, 05:56   Link #430
Narona
Emotionless White Face
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by darthfury78 View Post
I certainly hope that the new anime is Code Geass S2, which continues where Stage 25 of Code Geass S1 left off.
I don't see why it would a new R2. Okouchi said that beside some things they changed, the Ending was planned since the beginning to be like how R2 ended.

So, if it's just to get a remake of R2 with the same ending, do not want.
Narona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-11, 08:22   Link #431
Whitemoon648
Sawa-Chan <3 <3 <3
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Its LELOUCH. He is BACK. ALL HAIL LELOUCH .

But on the more serious note, i highly doubt it will be about Lelouch. It will probably be about the past. We will learn more C.C. . That is my guess.

But although i hope, they would just continue from R2 *_*, that is probably not going to happen.

Various sources have said Lelouch have died ( Not a spoiler, it is confirmed) so we all know that. But hey they can always bring him back alive. I mean, although they confirmed he is dead in the series, there sure are many ways for them to show it otherwise ( Hint: the ending scene when C.C. Was talking with Lelouch).

I mean it is not the first when they bring a dead character back to life. Look at some of the gundam series like,
Spoiler for series name:
. I mean it is possible. If they brought back that character, then how lelouch coudlnt come back in a semi-scifi/magic anime?
__________________
Whitemoon648 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-11, 08:40   Link #432
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
Age: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitemoon648 View Post
Its LELOUCH. He is BACK. ALL HAIL LELOUCH .

But on the more serious note, i highly doubt it will be about Lelouch. It will probably be about the past. We will learn more C.C. . That is my guess.

But although i hope, they would just continue from R2 *_*, that is probably not going to happen.

Various sources have said Lelouch have died ( Not a spoiler, it is confirmed) so we all know that. But hey they can always bring him back alive. I mean, although they confirmed he is dead in the series, there sure are many ways for them to show it otherwise ( Hint: the ending scene when C.C. Was talking with Lelouch).

I mean it is not the first when they bring a dead character back to life. Look at some of the gundam series like,
Spoiler for series name:
. I mean it is possible. If they brought back that character, then how lelouch coudlnt come back in a semi-scifi/magic anime?
because lelouch died as part of a VERY complex plan INTENDED to bring about his death
the entire goal of the plan was for him to die, because he WANTED to die to atone for his MANY sins during the show
and during the course of the plan he made himself even MORE of a monster to to the point where aside from death, there is no possible future left for him on this planet

unlike the GS/GSD example of someone dying to protect someone else and then later on being revealed to be alive.
lelouch, for all intent and purpose, committed suicide willingly and intentionally
bringing him back to life is pretty pointless when you remember that
1)there is no reason for him to be alive (the conflict that he spent the show trying to end, is over)
2)there is no use for him being back since (almost) every single human being on the face of the planet marks him as the worst monster in history, and would seek out to kill him (so he cant live anything resembling a human life anywhere where there are people)
3)he actually died because even HE believed that he DESERVED to die for all the horrible things he did during the show (and he certainty deserved to after all the crap he did during the last arc)

so no
no point in bringing him back
__________________
bladeofdarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-11, 08:56   Link #433
Whitemoon648
Sawa-Chan <3 <3 <3
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
@ the above post , yes, as i have mentioned there is a very small chance to almost no chance of him comming back. But it is possible as it will always be the choice of the people who want to make more money.

If you read some of the reasoning and even fanfictions that people have come out with, you will realize that there are many ways that " Skilled writers" could bring him back and they will have plenty of reasons as why and how they brought him back.

Will it happen? Probably not. Could it happen? yes, if the producers feel they can make money from it.

Just think about it. Was there a need for a GSD series? GS, preaty much, had a great ending and had ended. But still GSD was produced and aried.

How did they do that? They created a few more good guys and bad guys and a new conflict. Same exact thing could happen to Code geass ( again, not seeing it happen but could).

Hey, Charles and his wife Mariance could come back. For all we know he might have just been sealed in another dimension. New enemy geass users under Charles starting a new conflict , while Zero ( Suzkaue) and blacknights try to stop it.

Then Lelouch could help fight against them from shadows ( eventually meeting with Kallen and teaming up, ...).

So there is a small chance if fans want another season of the same thing.
__________________
Whitemoon648 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-11, 09:07   Link #434
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
Age: 30
you missed the main point
its not about the HOW of bringing him back
there are plenty ways for the HOW

its the WHY
there is no reason to bring him back at all
he WANTED to die
and he left behind people who could handle whatever the future may bring
there is no reason to bring him back to life from a storytelling point of view, any more then there is a reason to bring back the main villain of GS so he can also be the villain for GSD
and there is no reason for bringing lelouch back either for the same reason
he's played his part in the story

aside from fan-pendering, there is no point in having him come back to life, after going to all the trouble of killing him in such a way
__________________
bladeofdarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-11, 09:19   Link #435
darthfury78
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Narona View Post
I don't see why it would a new R2. Okouchi said that beside some things they changed, the Ending was planned since the beginning to be like how R2 ended.

So, if it's just to get a remake of R2 with the same ending, do not want.
I mentioned a way around Code Geass R2 with the alternate title Code Geass S2 with a different ending. I'll agree that to remake the second season with the same ending(aka: The Zero Requiem) would be pointless. So Code Geass S2 would pickup the story from where Season One had left off, with a different storyline, rather then the one year timeskip that was shown in Code Geass R2.

But, to be honest, it's likely that Sunrise will release a series of OVA's and Movies instead that focus on different characters, with C.C. as the focused character who links the whole history of the Code Geass Saga together, with the final chapter being her wish to die in the same manner as Charles x Marianne.
darthfury78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-11, 09:37   Link #436
Whitemoon648
Sawa-Chan <3 <3 <3
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness View Post
you missed the main point
its not about the HOW of bringing him back
there are plenty ways for the HOW

its the WHY
there is no reason to bring him back at all
he WANTED to die
and he left behind people who could handle whatever the future may bring
there is no reason to bring him back to life from a storytelling point of view, any more then there is a reason to bring back the main villain of GS so he can also be the villain for GSD
and there is no reason for bringing lelouch back either for the same reason
he's played his part in the story

aside from fan-pendering, there is no point in having him come back to life, after going to all the trouble of killing him in such a way
No i got the point . I know what you are talking about and i undrestand your feelings about the ending. The ending was perfect and i liked it too. It left for people to decide for themselves of what happend in the end. Some people will think he survived ( because he recieved the code from charles, ...) and some think the same way as you ( the official ending/ what was later announced by writters i believe).

And now to answer your question about the " Why part". The answer is very very simple.

Answer:

If the producers feel like they can make more money from it, they would bring Lelouch back. Simple as that. It is all about profits. It has nothing to do with the storyline.


P.S. In No ways i think They will make another series about lelouch. But all i am just saying, they could and would do if it was profitable to do so. This new series is probably either a completly new thing or maybe it talks more about C.C's Past ( or maybe future *_*). She has afterall lived for hundreds of years .
P.S.S. The above P.S. is my speculation.
__________________
Whitemoon648 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-11, 09:46   Link #437
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
Age: 30
i accept all you say
except for one thing in which you are wrong

they never said they wanted people to interpret for themselves what happened
that was a mis-quoting of what was actually said in the newtype interview
what the director said was about "whetehr or not the ending was a happy one" sort of thing
not "whether or not he's alive"

Quote:
Taniguchi: (laugh) It's up to everyone how they want to interpret the ending, I don't mind, but for me, it was a Happy Ending.
Spoiler for full interview:


they never implied he was alive, and always said he was dead
__________________
bladeofdarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-11, 10:27   Link #438
darthfury78
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness View Post
i accept all you say
except for one thing in which you are wrong

they never said they wanted people to interpret for themselves what happened
that was a mis-quoting of what was actually said in the newtype interview
what the director said was about "whetehr or not the ending was a happy one" sort of thing
not "whether or not he's alive"



Spoiler for full interview:


they never implied he was alive, and always said he was dead

If the producers want to bring back Lelouch, the best way for them to do so is to simply continue the story from where Season One had left off, with a new storyline that would have a different ending.

Also, the interview was published one to two months before the announcement that Sunrise would consder doing more Code Geass. At that time when the interview was given, the producers assumed that Code Geass was over and done with. No one assume that Sunrise would give the greenlight on another Code Geass project.

A lot of people loved Lelouch, and hated the story that led to his death. Some people like it while a lot of folks didn't, due to the changes that was made to the second season storyline. Code Geass R2 left a lot of gaps that confused a lot of fans.

This is why they should remake the anime into a manga that could take its time with the story. I hope that Taniguchi will find success with Code Geass: Renya of the Dark, as far as the storyline is concerned.
darthfury78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-11, 13:42   Link #439
Used Can
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
I, honestly, don't see the point of discussing whether Lelouch is alive or not. The staff has said he's dead, and they keep making big drama about it. So, I think it is fair to assume he's dead. And, if they ever want to revive him, well, that's their problem. I don't think many people would complain. I, for one, wouldn't.
__________________
"The name is Tin; Used is just an alias. I'm everything Shoe Box would like to be." - Used Can of the Aluminium Kingdom
Used Can is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-11, 13:47   Link #440
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: The middle of the Middle of Nowhere
Age: 27
I keep telling people that. That yes, we know they can bring him back. But until then, he is dead and there is no point in hoping or bitching about it.
__________________
Rising Dragon is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 19:30.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.