AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Games

Notices

Old 2009-12-09, 12:11   Link #881
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by k//eternal View Post
A lot of the whiffed hits are to make it harder for the opponent to approach, and the rest are because the attack was dodged. And these guys are pros; it's kind of silly to imply that they're being wimps just because they're not playing as recklessly as a newer player might.

Personally, I'm also happy about the damage nerf. Face it, if your opponent goes down in 25 seconds, you know what you're doing, but they probably don't. And if you're fighting an incompetent, I doubt it'll take that much longer in this game, either.

It would also be kind of unfortunate if a single taunt loop could kill you off...
That battle just shows that they've nerfed the damage too much.

Arcsys designed their games with the negative penalty feature, they encourage battles that are spontaneous and fast. Both players did not receive negative penalties in the 5 rounds, meaning that they are indeed well balanced between offense and defense. And for the battles to end by time, it just means that the damage is too low. Arcsys has created a marathon of a fighting game instead of a sprint they've always been doing.

Arcsys is famous for fast paced, combo crazy fighting games, but this time, they've made a tedious fighting game instead.

Also Tao's taunt combos are very difficult high level combos, its not a matter of luck to be hit by one. The fact that at pro level, Taokaka can produce combos that greatly exceeds other characters, combined with the fact that its a taunt, makes her very close to broken. Even Nu couldn't do 7000 damage combos with no gauge back in CT.

Imagine if Chun Li could do combos with her taunt that does 70% of the opponent's health.

Anyway the game is already in Singapore for a week, my friend who has been playing just told me that.

He confirms to me Rachel is a goner and his friend already switched his main from Rachel to Hazama. But they didn't have a fun time trying out the new characters and moves because of a group of Noel spammers.

People who hated Noels who spammed the drive button should fear, because Noel can now chain 7 combos. And the move where Noel throws her gun into a spinning motion, favourited by spammers, is a guard crushing move. Though they can kill the noobs, they still get really tired as the group switched Noels one after another.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-09, 12:20   Link #882
germanturkey
Smiling Monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.A. View Post
Even Nu couldn't do 7000 damage combos with no gauge back in CT.
o rly

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-09, 12:30   Link #883
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

I'd like to see a Nu pull off that combo in a match, 3 times in 2 rounds

Old 2009-12-09, 12:31   Link #884
germanturkey
Smiling Monster

^^ haha. landing a clean 214d~c requires such specific circumstances. least of which is a retarded opponent..

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
Old 2009-12-09, 13:25   Link #885
k//eternal
do you know ベアトリーチェ様?

Quote:
Arcsys designed their games with the negative penalty feature, they encourage battles that are spontaneous and fast. Both players did not receive negative penalties in the 5 rounds, meaning that they are indeed well balanced between offense and defense. And for the battles to end by time, it just means that the damage is too low. Arcsys has created a marathon of a fighting game instead of a sprint they've always been doing.
I don't really have a problem with fights ending by time over. People on Dustloop don't seem to be complaining much about it either. Some CS vids I've seen feature really cool comebacks that just wouldn't have been possible with higher damage, and I think that sort of thing adds more tension to the game.

That said, it's a matter of opinion and you're entitled to yours. I was more responding to germanturkey saying this game "won't be fun", which is probably not something you agree with either.

As for the taunt loop, yes, it's just silly.
k//eternal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-09, 14:09   Link #886
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Well, its ironic, the manly Dora, the only player who used time overs to win matches, which was one of the reasons people found him awesome, now plays a completely opposite game.

With Bang getting all the godly buffs, he has made a god tier for himself and top tier for Bang. With Bang's relatively high damage output in CS and much better comboability, he no longer uses time overs in a game where others do.

My argument isn't about fun, but more about balance. I don't think the game is more balanced than before.

On one side of the scale we have a character that's rendered completely helpless, on the other side we have a character that does insane damage in a game where everyone else does lesser than before. The scale seems to be tipping just from this.

Anyway, balance doesn't mean fun or not for me, I don't care about winning as well. Rachel is still going to be my main, I'll still be playing the game even with the balance issues. At least now, in the arcade with tokens, I can be sure that I get to play Rachel for a relatively long match before I lose.

Old 2009-12-10, 10:12   Link #887
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
Quote:
Arcsys is famous for fast paced, combo crazy fighting games, but this time, they've made a tedious fighting game instead.
... I actually find these long fights to be quite exciting.

Edit: Hmmm... I'm thinking this "BuruFesu: Spring Raid" event in February is when they'll be announcing the console version.

Oh, and by the way, the European "exclusive features" have been revealed... to be extra colours and unlimited versions of everyone. Likely to come as paid DLC to everywhere else. And a Blazblue DSiWare game has been revealed. It's a 3D 4-player brawler and it's called "BlazBlue - Battle X Battle". It will cost 500 DSi points and is set for release next month.

Last edited by Tokkan; 2009-12-10 at 11:39.
Tokkan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-10, 14:34   Link #888
hinakatbklyn

Quote:
I'll probably get to try Rachel in a few days time when it arrives in Singapore.

But the entire fanbase has already given up hope on her, even the Japanese themselves can't do anything to save her.
I can see the flaws involving rachel compared to the other characters. I dealt with Rachel and Jin so far storyline wise. Jin would be my likely choice if I start to challenge anyone, but I think I should master Rachel alittle more before I decide to give her a chance.
hinakatbklyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-10, 14:45   Link #889
Iron Maw
The Black Wing

Quote:
Well, its ironic, the manly Dora, the only player who used time overs to win matches, which was one of the reasons people found him awesome, now plays a completely opposite game.

With Bang getting all the godly buffs, he has made a god tier for himself and top tier for Bang. With Bang's relatively high damage output in CS and much better comboability, he no longer uses time overs in a game where others do.
Actually, according to those who played CS, Bang is practically the same as is Litchi. Bang only got minor buffs while Hakumen and Tager got the most buffs.
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-10, 15:17   Link #890
germanturkey
Smiling Monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Maw View Post
Actually, according to those who played CS, Bang is practically the same as is Litchi. Bang only got minor buffs while Hakumen and Tager got the most buffs.
does not compute. Bang was bottom tier with both of them, and now is god tier with Litchi, whereas Haku and Tager are only mid+ tier.

mmm, another best of 5, 3 out of 4 matches won by time out. i'm loving this game. /not
http://gamenyarth.blog67.fc2.com/blo...l?id=sm9054086

Last edited by germanturkey; 2009-12-10 at 15:58.
Old 2009-12-10, 16:21   Link #891
Iron Maw
The Black Wing

But, that's what Roko and Co. on Dustloop have been saying and they are ones getting the info from Japanese players. So, I'm taking their word for it. If anything it's damage nerf to everyone aside from Hakumen and Tager that helps him.

I think your over exaggerating the time-outs. I've much more mattes end up as KOs.
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-10, 16:40   Link #892
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Maw View Post
Its not the amount of buffs that matter, its the quality of buffs.

Bang has all the flaws he had previously, fixed and improved. Alot of his moves got faster, more priority and especially the ability to combo characters like Carl and Rachel with 6C is like godsent. His comboability increased multiple times, along with his unnerfed damage, he has become a god.

Litchi was a decent character back in CT, she doesn't have much buffs, but its enough to make her top tier in CS where everyone else received nerfs.

Hakumen and Tager deserved their buffs, but I guess they didn't receive something godsent.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hinakatbklyn View Post
I can see the flaws involving rachel compared to the other characters. I dealt with Rachel and Jin so far storyline wise. Jin would be my likely choice if I start to challenge anyone, but I think I should master Rachel alittle more before I decide to give her a chance.
Well Rachel is gone, she is nothing of her old self.

You cannot combo with even a counter hit fork, the godly fork is now weaker than the chair was before. The uselessness of the chair before is even considered good for the Rachel now, people are using the chair more to struggle out of situations.

You no longer see triangle jumping anymore, because it doesn't combo on block, no more crossups for Rachel.

3C is harder to combo than even before, very hard to combo into 9D 5B, it also can't cancel into 236A.

Frog is very slow, has a meter, gets killed easily.

Pumpkin comes out very slow on the ground, has lesser damage, gets removed very easily.

The only thing good left is the ability to use lightning in the air, usable with BnB air combo.

People think that Arcsys is trying make Rachel a full zoning character as she was 'supposed' to be, but her projectiles hardly do any damage. If you try to zone with Rachel now, you win by time ups. If you try to rush, you die.

Old 2009-12-11, 01:43   Link #893
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Send a message via Skype™ to Duo Maxwell
Quote:
The only thing good left is the ability to use lightning in the air, usable with BnB air combo.
5cc loops in the corner (3 times). At least that's one of the very few positive news about her recently.

Quote:
Originally Posted by germanturkey View Post
mmm, another best of 5, 3 out of 4 matches won by time out. i'm loving this game. /not
http://gamenyarth.blog67.fc2.com/blo...l?id=sm9054086
You know, I think maybe it's time for you to drop this game completely, because it seems like you can't find fun in this game anymore.

Last edited by Duo Maxwell; 2009-12-11 at 01:58.
Duo Maxwell is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-11, 02:03   Link #894
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
germanturkey's just overreacting to tournament level players who all have fairly high skills and are such more than capable of holding out for that long winning/losing to time out. Nevermind the fact that the best out of 5 matches are all casuals, so the players aren't even being serious they're just showing off. kaqn and Shadow especially, them playing with characters they don't even normally use.
Old 2009-12-12, 04:24   Link #895
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Send a message via Skype™ to Duo Maxwell
Lovely (well, first half of the vid, if you understand me)

I didn't notice before, but has Hakume's combo is always crude like that?
Old 2009-12-12, 05:43   Link #896
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

lol the announcer was saying at the start that Rachel is cute but weekened. She's now an underdog and get cheers like Tager and Bang used to. Ironies lol

The best Rachels are all at the UFO arcade, search 'Blazblue UFO' at Youtube. For example we have a Rachel here defeating Litchi:
You really have to spam Tiny Lobelia alot and do lots of pokes.

Because she lost all her combos, she became extremely simple and requires alot of the player's skill and reaction speed.

Old 2009-12-12, 09:58   Link #897
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

Quote:
Because she lost all her combos, she became extremely simple and requires alot of the player's skill and reaction speed.
I guess in a way that might make her fun to play. Being the underdog and truly having to master her to defeat the top dogs could be quite fun now that I think about it. That probably the only fun I'll be able to get from playing Rachel in the new game.

I'm just awaiting the moment I get to play Tsubaki.
Old 2009-12-12, 16:16   Link #898
Westlo
Lets be reality

So Blazblue CT Tier is roughly...

S: Rachael, Nu, Arakune
A: Jin
B: Ragna, Carl
C: Noel, Litchi, Taokaka
D: Hakuman, Bang, Tager

And CS is roughly...

S - Bang, Litchi
A - Ragna, Haku-men
B - Taokaka, Carl, Hazama, Jin, Lamda, Arakune, Noel
C - Tager, Tsubaki
D - Rachel

Bang up 4 tier places
Litchi up 3
Ranga up 1
Hakuman up 3
Taokaka up 1
Carl same
Jin down 1
Lambda down 2
Arakune down 2
Noel up 1
Tager up 1
Rachael down 4

Rachael, Tsubaki and Tager for top tier in the next addition
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-12, 23:26   Link #899
Kid Ying
Pon pon pon

Quote:

You cannot combo with even a counter hit fork, the godly fork is now weaker than the chair was before. The uselessness of the chair before is even considered good for the Rachel now, people are using the chair more to struggle out of situations
Hum... I use the chair almost every fight. When you fight against someone agressive, it always works. I like it. You cant use a lot though.

And that video is crazy. Hard to imagine that Rachels game turned into a hadoken fest. Even them, the guy did manage to make some combos, he looks pretty skilled.

Well, i will keep playing with Rachel. I didnt start to use her because she was GAWD, so it doesnt matter if she sux or not.
Kid Ying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-14, 07:36   Link #900
Shinndou
魂を踊らすように

Rachel's nerf was probably a little too much but she really needed to be toned down. She has the best corner pressure in CT (along with Jin and Arakune with curse activated) and insane mixup options on oki. They had to fix that, although they should have given her something else to work with, atleast to make her fair enough (pretty much like Lambda and Arakune).

And to anyone complaining about Tao's taunt loop: I'd love to see you doing that so many times. I main Tao and learning double taunt combos took me almost two months of daily practice. Just because you see Keita and Kazu (two of the best tao players) doing them so many times it doesn't mean it's a piece of cake. Although her ~b cancel recovery has been decreased (which is why she's able to loop her 214D > j.2D~B) you still need to get the timing down for that string, and trust me, it's not that easy.

And that doesn't make her a broken character anyway. In CS she has the least health (9000, same amount as Carl), the worst defense (least amount of guard libra points), and no reversal until 50% meter. I think it's fair to compensate by giving her a good damage output.
Shinndou is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
3ds, arc system works, arcade, fighting, ps vita, ps3, psp, windows, xbox360