AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Umineko

Notices

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2009-12-14, 15:52   Link #1881
KanonTheFurniture
Witch's Golden Breaker
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Massachusetts
Age: 26
[EP3 spoilers, my bad; moving post to EP4 thread]

Link
KanonTheFurniture is offline  
Old 2009-12-14, 22:30   Link #1882
Metaler
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Brazil - São Paulo
Age: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by KanonTheFurniture View Post
Think about it in a different way. Maria is always obsessively looking for that rose, insisting it is there, but it isn't. She can't find it even though it should be there. Can't you say the same for her mother's love?
True... I wonder if this is just a coincidence?
Also, if we assume that someone took the rose, is it safe to say that someone is "stealing" Rosa's love for Maria?
Metaler is offline  
Old 2009-12-15, 01:39   Link #1883
ijriims
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: HK, China
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metaler View Post
True... I wonder if this is just a coincidence?
Also, if we assume that someone took the rose, is it safe to say that someone is "stealing" Rosa's love for Maria?
Well, at least Beatrice did restore the rose everytime.
ijriims is offline  
Old 2009-12-15, 01:44   Link #1884
Metaler
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Brazil - São Paulo
Age: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by ijriims View Post
Well, at least Beatrice did restore the rose everytime.
I don't remember that. o_O
So, I guess we can interpret that as "returned love". xD
Metaler is offline  
Old 2009-12-15, 02:10   Link #1885
ijriims
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: HK, China
Read EP3 Maria and Beatrice's scene.

Beatrice may not have restored the rose for Maria in EP2, but she restored the pumpkin candy for her, which also symbolized as Rosa's love.

At least it was fair to say Beatrice promised Rosa's love in Golden Land for Maria.
ijriims is offline  
Old 2009-12-15, 14:13   Link #1886
Dlanor A. Knox
Crazy but OK xP
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Netherlands
Age: 21
I feel bad for Maria... Beato is kind for restoring the Rose.
and didn't the wind took the rose away?
Dlanor A. Knox is offline  
Old 2009-12-15, 15:29   Link #1887
Metaler
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Brazil - São Paulo
Age: 22
Maybe... Maybe not...
I like to stick with my theory that someone took it for whatever reason. ^^'
I just find it hard to believe that the wind blew it away. Sure, it was a strong wind, but I doubt it's enough blow a rose away.
Also, keep in mind that the fact that Maria stayed alone in the garden looking for her unexistent rose made things a lot easier for the culprit, or whoever gave her that letter, since their identity would remain a secret.
Metaler is offline  
Old 2009-12-15, 15:32   Link #1888
Dlanor A. Knox
Crazy but OK xP
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Netherlands
Age: 21
hmmm~ ... kinda suprising how intresting a rose is xD
Dlanor A. Knox is offline  
Old 2009-12-15, 15:42   Link #1889
Metaler
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Brazil - São Paulo
Age: 22
lol That's true. xD
I always thought that the disapearing rose was just too convenient for the culprit.
Either that, or Maria made everything on purpose (finding the rose, looking for it, etc...) so that she could be alone and receive the letter. If this is true, then I suppose that Maria knows about the plan to kill everyone on the island, so it's safe to say that she's related, in one way or another, with the mastermind.
Yeah, I know it sounds crazy to doubt a litte girl, but the way she talks about magic (especially in EP1) is a bit suspicious. o_o
Metaler is offline  
Old 2009-12-15, 15:55   Link #1890
Dlanor A. Knox
Crazy but OK xP
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Netherlands
Age: 21
I think she does know it because in her diary she met a few times with Beato ne? (if whe can trust the diary)
Dlanor A. Knox is offline  
Old 2009-12-15, 16:15   Link #1891
Metaler
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Brazil - São Paulo
Age: 22
Good point... If that's the case, then I think it's safe to assume that Maria knows pretty much everything about the whole mystery.
Metaler is offline  
Old 2009-12-15, 16:20   Link #1892
Dlanor A. Knox
Crazy but OK xP
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Netherlands
Age: 21
Yeah...wow... Maybe she helps with getting keys etc. she's small so she wouldnt be noticed soon wright?
Dlanor A. Knox is offline  
Old 2009-12-15, 22:35   Link #1893
Metaler
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Brazil - São Paulo
Age: 22
Yeah. I like to think that she at least provided the culprit with the stakes, which were given to her by Beatrice. After all, it's implied that Maria met Beatrice in some of the family conferences.
Metaler is offline  
Old 2009-12-16, 01:20   Link #1894
Dlanor A. Knox
Crazy but OK xP
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Netherlands
Age: 21
hey, couldnt she given the key from the chapel to "Beatice" in ep 2?
it's also weird that she can load a gun...
Dlanor A. Knox is offline  
Old 2009-12-27, 05:30   Link #1895
De3NJ
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Hey, I'm sorry if this has been said a million times but i couldn't find an answer easily. SPOILER,



Around the beginning of the chapter, Beatrice states that only 18 people are on the island, doesn't this contradict the existence of a witch? since the 18 people accounted for does not include the witch, she stating that would mean that a witch doesn't even play a part in this story? Can someone explain this >_>


END SPOILER
De3NJ is offline  
Old 2009-12-27, 06:20   Link #1896
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Where I can learn to be lonely.
Age: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by De3NJ View Post
Hey, I'm sorry if this has been said a million times but i couldn't find an answer easily. SPOILER,



Around the beginning of the chapter, Beatrice states that only 18 people are on the island, doesn't this contradict the existence of a witch? since the 18 people accounted for does not include the witch, she stating that would mean that a witch doesn't even play a part in this story? Can someone explain this >_>


END SPOILER
The witch isn't exactly considered a "person".
MeoTwister5 is offline  
Old 2009-12-27, 12:31   Link #1897
LyricalAura
Dea ex Kakera
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Sea of Fragments
Quote:
Originally Posted by De3NJ View Post
Hey, I'm sorry if this has been said a million times but i couldn't find an answer easily. SPOILER,



Around the beginning of the chapter, Beatrice states that only 18 people are on the island, doesn't this contradict the existence of a witch? since the 18 people accounted for does not include the witch, she stating that would mean that a witch doesn't even play a part in this story? Can someone explain this >_>


END SPOILER
Beato claims that the witch is not a human, and therefore isn't affected by the person limit. Eva-Beatrice claims that the witch is a human who can use magic, but that she's one of the people we already know about (Eva), so she doesn't increase the head count.
LyricalAura is offline  
Old 2010-04-02, 22:09   Link #1898
Judoh
Mystery buff
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Gone Fishin!
I'm not sure if anyone has pointed this out before, but Rosa claims to have met Beatrice at a hidden mansion right? Looking at it another way if we beleive what she says and that she met such a hidden person wouldn't that also mean that it would be impossible for her not to think that something else also was hidden there? In other words if she has been to this place before and met this hidden person Shouldn't Rosa have at least a vague idea of a place to look for the hidden gold at? Maybe I'm over thinking it.
Judoh is offline  
Old 2010-04-05, 09:43   Link #1899
moichispa
Endless witch
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by De3NJ View Post
Hey, I'm sorry if this has been said a million times but i couldn't find an answer easily. SPOILER,



Around the beginning of the chapter, Beatrice states that only 18 people are on the island, doesn't this contradict the existence of a witch? since the 18 people accounted for does not include the witch, she stating that would mean that a witch doesn't even play a part in this story? Can someone explain this >_>


END SPOILER
I didn't find it strange. In the original phrase in Japanese Beatrice uses the kanji 人(people) . This kanji does just appear on human (人間). Not in witch (魔女)
__________________
moichispa is offline  
Old 2010-04-05, 19:16   Link #1900
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: forever lost inside a logic error
Beatrice claims to be an ethereal entity that was released after her prison-corpse died in 1967. By that definition she certainly doesn't count as "people".

Eva-Beatrice however claims to be a "human with magic powers", it doesn't look like she noticed the contradiction, but, lucky for her, Battler didn't as well.
__________________

Jan-Poo is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 21:44.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.